Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2028 22:25 - Feb 7 with 2480 viewsKilkennyjack

I am not sure that Europe will forget the dreadful riot at the Wembley final last summer.

Why would they risk that again so soon ?
Money.

No plans to use the Liberty nor Legoland.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 22:27]

Beware of the Risen People

Euro 2028 on 22:50 - Feb 7 with 2457 viewsbuilthjack

They have to be 40,000 minimum capacity.
We should have expanded to 32,000 at a cost of £15 million when we had the chance.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Euro 2028 on 23:11 - Feb 7 with 2436 viewsKilkennyjack

Euro 2028 on 22:50 - Feb 7 by builthjack

We should have expanded to 32,000 at a cost of £15 million when we had the chance.

Twitter says ….

‘if the requirements are the same as 2024, then its
4- 30,000 seat stadiums,
3- 40,000 seat,
3- 50,000 (one preferably over 60,000)’

So not really sure Builth….?

I will say this.
Usually there is a legacy left behind, but simply using the MillStad does not really do this.
If any good might come of it all then both Legoland and/or the Liberty may have benefitted. But no.

Euro 2028 on 02:03 - Feb 8 with 2410 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope the fantastic stadiums and amenities throughout England are enough to win the bid and enable Wales to qualify automatically.

Unless a number of elite footballers emerge in the next few years who are unfortunate enough to not at the very least have an English grandparent, I cannot see Wales qualifying without another pitiful expansion of the finals. Those breaking through now look very average, and those who broke through with some promise in the last few years whilst talented, cannot carry a team like we saw Williams, Bale and Ramsey accomplish for so long.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Euro 2028 on 05:02 - Feb 8 with 2388 viewsDr_Parnassus

Disagree.

Would be horrific at the moment. We will spend far more time out of the Premier League than in it. Being less than 50% capacity ruins atmospheres, so for the minimal gain (which may well be offset by upkeep and maintenance) it would have been a bad idea.

I don’t even think we should expand if we are ever promoted again, not unless there is a major influx in supporter base. If we were to increase then 25,000 max.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Euro 2028 on 05:06 - Feb 8 with 2384 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 02:03 - Feb 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope the fantastic stadiums and amenities throughout England are enough to win the bid and enable Wales to qualify automatically.

Unless a number of elite footballers emerge in the next few years who are unfortunate enough to not at the very least have an English grandparent, I cannot see Wales qualifying without another pitiful expansion of the finals. Those breaking through now look very average, and those who broke through with some promise in the last few years whilst talented, cannot carry a team like we saw Williams, Bale and Ramsey accomplish for so long.

The terrible behaviour of the English fans is more than outweighing the stadium benefits. This is a not starter for a while. The British teams would have more chance if they excluded England and to be fair, I think this would appeal to the ruling bodies, as it would teach England to get their house in order.
Euro 2028 on 08:18 - Feb 8 with 2329 viewsKilkennyjack

Euro 2028 on 05:06 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

The terrible behaviour of the English fans is more than outweighing the stadium benefits. This is a not starter for a while. The British teams would have more chance if they excluded England and to be fair, I think this would appeal to the ruling bodies, as it would teach England to get their house in order.

Good point.

It can only be related to money.
They may stink the bid out with 1966, prince william, dai becks and the general hostility to others inspired by their depressing Brexit.

Euro 2028 on 08:49 - Feb 8 with 2314 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Euro 2028 on 02:03 - Feb 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Good Job England still take advantage of the grandparents rules to get their better players. Not sure how Sterling qualified for England being born in the Caribbean with Caribbean parents.

The same applied to Le saux and Le Tissier in the past born in the Channel Islands. Over the years England have had at least 20 foreign born players in their team.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Euro 2028 on 08:52 - Feb 8 with 2311 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Euro 2028 on 05:06 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

You would have to exclude Scotland as well with the trouble between Rangers and Celtic fans.
Cardiff fans have a bad reputation as well so that rules Wales out.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2028 on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 2283 views1983

And now we would be playing in a half empty stadium stadium every week so no thanks at best 32,000 would sell out for the big 4 or 5 games a season and that would be just for the plastic's and that's it

25,000 for SCFC is about right

I went to Wales v Austria at the Millennium stadium in 2005 the crowd was about 45,000 and it felt like there was nobody there

Euro 2028 on 11:42 - Feb 8 with 2239 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 08:52 - Feb 8 by felixstowe_jack

You would have to exclude Scotland as well with the trouble between Rangers and Celtic fans.
Cardiff fans have a bad reputation as well so that rules Wales out.

I don't think you can count domestic club fans in the international equation or no country would host the tournament.
Euro 2028 on 12:50 - Feb 8 with 2214 viewspencoedjack

Euro 2028 on 11:42 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

I don't think you can count domestic club fans in the international equation or no country would host the tournament.

There were games played in Russia & Hungary in the 2020(21) Euros, I suppose they don't count?

I presume nobody on here has been to Italy to watch Wales play either.

The tedious anti English lot are off again.
Euro 2028 on 14:07 - Feb 8 with 2184 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 12:50 - Feb 8 by pencoedjack

There were games played in Russia & Hungary in the 2020(21) Euros, I suppose they don't count?

I presume nobody on here has been to Italy to watch Wales play either.

The tedious anti English lot are off again.

I'm not being anti English, just stating that any bid involving England is probably doomed. Because of the way the English fans behaved at the last final, remember they were punished and warned.
Euro 2028 on 14:21 - Feb 8 with 2172 viewsVincent_Vega

Euro 2028 on 14:07 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

I'm not being anti English, just stating that any bid involving England is probably doomed. Because of the way the English fans behaved at the last final, remember they were punished and warned.

Not defending Engerland or their fans' behavior during that final BUT it was a unique set of circumstances, the relative freedom after 14 months of restrictions, the reduced capacity of Wembley and it was their first final of any note since you know when created that perfect storm. Again I am not defending the videos footage, the stadium trouble nor the online abuse that certain players were subject to after but it didn't help.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Euro 2028 on 14:40 - Feb 8 with 2164 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 14:21 - Feb 8 by Vincent_Vega

Not defending Engerland or their fans' behavior during that final BUT it was a unique set of circumstances, the relative freedom after 14 months of restrictions, the reduced capacity of Wembley and it was their first final of any note since you know when created that perfect storm. Again I am not defending the videos footage, the stadium trouble nor the online abuse that certain players were subject to after but it didn't help.

Do you think the powers that be will take that into consideration or just look at the report they produced.
Euro 2028 on 14:53 - Feb 8 with 2149 viewsbuilthjack

Euro 2028 on 09:22 - Feb 8 by 1983

And now we would be playing in a half empty stadium stadium every week so no thanks at best 32,000 would sell out for the big 4 or 5 games a season and that would be just for the plastic's and that's it

25,000 for SCFC is about right

I went to Wales v Austria at the Millennium stadium in 2005 the crowd was about 45,000 and it felt like there was nobody there

I think that if we had expanded we would have kept at least half of those extra 12000 fans.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Euro 2028 on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 2127 viewsBadlands

That would still be 8,000 short and we very rarely sold out.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Euro 2028 on 15:12 - Feb 8 with 2116 viewsBadlands

Euro 2028 on 14:21 - Feb 8 by Vincent_Vega

There was far less security in place inside, on the outer perimeter or in the locality than for our surrender to Brentford.
We should invest in a national sports stadium in North Wales.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Euro 2028 on 15:15 - Feb 8 with 2105 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 15:12 - Feb 8 by Badlands

There was far less security in place inside, on the outer perimeter or in the locality than for our surrender to Brentford.
We should invest in a national sports stadium in North Wales.

Don't expect any financial input from the Senedd its in the wrong location for any funding
Euro 2028 on 15:19 - Feb 8 with 2094 viewsVincent_Vega

Euro 2028 on 14:40 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

Do you think the powers that be will take that into consideration or just look at the report they produced.

put it this way, there will be a difference between what they should do, and what they will do to benefit them.

For example of what I'm on about there is no way the stadium would've been swamped if full capacity was allowed in the first place. Official attendance that day was 67k, look at the images of the crowd in the stadium at the final. place was rammed. There was an incident in AFCON just weeks ago with crowd stampede at a restricted capacity stadium. The reason this does not happen at full crowds is obvious, to ticket no seat.

We'll see in due course I suppose

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Euro 2028 on 15:37 - Feb 8 with 2079 viewsWhiterockin

Euro 2028 on 15:19 - Feb 8 by Vincent_Vega

put it this way, there will be a difference between what they should do, and what they will do to benefit them.

For example of what I'm on about there is no way the stadium would've been swamped if full capacity was allowed in the first place. Official attendance that day was 67k, look at the images of the crowd in the stadium at the final. place was rammed. There was an incident in AFCON just weeks ago with crowd stampede at a restricted capacity stadium. The reason this does not happen at full crowds is obvious, to ticket no seat.

We'll see in due course I suppose

They will do what is best for them financially
Euro 2028 on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 2062 views1983

Euro 2028 on 14:53 - Feb 8 by builthjack

I think that if we had expanded we would have kept at least half of those extra 12000 fans.

Eh?

Why would we keep an extra 6,000ish fans just because?

Look at them lot up the road I'd hate to play in that environment of loads of empty seats

Leave the my house is bigger than your house to the burks up the road

What I've always been saying is the club and the council should be doing more promoting Swansea as a go to place for a weekend for away fans
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 16:21]

Euro 2028 on 22:02 - Feb 13 with 1916 viewsKilkennyjack

I had not seen this video before.

The Italians look delighted. 🇮🇹

Euro 2028 on 22:37 - Feb 13 with 1876 viewsjohnlangy

Euro 2028 on 15:08 - Feb 8 by Badlands

That would still be 8,000 short and we very rarely sold out.

Pardon ?

Rarely sold out what ? The current capacity ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024