Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Putin 22:52 - Mar 3 with 8944 viewsraynor94

Is it time to call his bluff, he's threatening us with nuclear war, but how much longer can we put up with what he's doing in Ukraine.

If we give him this one, what's next?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Putin on 20:06 - Mar 5 with 1454 viewscontroversial_jack

Putin on 14:04 - Mar 5 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

460,000 dead as a result of the Iraq war alone. I’ve no doubt Putin will catch up but he’s nowhere near the killer Blair is yet.

It was Rumsfeld that manufactured the lies about WMD, but in typical British response, we just sucked US arse and followed.
Putin on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 1401 viewsJack_Meoff

Putin on 20:06 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

It was Rumsfeld that manufactured the lies about WMD, but in typical British response, we just sucked US arse and followed.

The PNAC lunatics were pushing the WMD narrative as far back as '97.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Putin on 22:42 - Mar 5 with 1384 viewsJack123

It seems the West bomb 16 kinds of poop in the middle east for a long time, nothing said in the media about that, as if they were justified, Sick of it 24/7 on tv now. Putin this and that, Putin that..

I won't pretend to understand how it got to this with Russia and Ukraine, but when the media carry on like the way they are, I feel as if we are not being told the full story.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 22:47]

libera nos a malo

Putin on 18:48 - Mar 6 with 1272 viewsshingle

Putin on 22:42 - Mar 5 by Jack123

It seems the West bomb 16 kinds of poop in the middle east for a long time, nothing said in the media about that, as if they were justified, Sick of it 24/7 on tv now. Putin this and that, Putin that..

I won't pretend to understand how it got to this with Russia and Ukraine, but when the media carry on like the way they are, I feel as if we are not being told the full story.

Yep made me sit up and take notice Bryce is as mad as an hatter mind you, you should see some of the stuff he comes out with but he as a point with what he said there, won his fight as well and has now moved into the top ten in his weight class in the UFC.
Putin on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 1235 viewsScotia

Putin on 14:04 - Mar 5 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

460,000 dead as a result of the Iraq war alone. I’ve no doubt Putin will catch up but he’s nowhere near the killer Blair is yet.

The Iraq war was wrong. No doubt about it.

The 460,000 total is direct and indirect deaths. Putin is looking likely to directly kill that many innocent Ukrainian civilians, before you consider the similar approach in Chechnya and Syria.

I'm no fan of Blair, but there is no comparison between him and Putin or the Ukrainian invasion.
Putin on 19:37 - Mar 6 with 1220 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Putin on 20:06 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

Biden was chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee at the time, his role was to ensure there was good governance over the decisions made. He moved to the Pentagon and became complicit in the false narrative. One news agency in the US , Kinght Ridder tried to expose what was going on.
People from the Security Services and the Pentagon tried to blow the whistle, but to no avail.
John Hopkins estimate the death toll at over 800,000.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Putin on 21:00 - Mar 6 with 1169 viewsScotia

Putin on 22:42 - Mar 5 by Jack123

The first casualty of War is the truth. That's the case for all sides.

I don't know the complete history of the Ukraine / Russia situation but it certainly seems that the majority of people in the country were happy to move towards a more European style of life rather than a 1980's style eastern bloc existence. This is a threat to Putin and his cronies (not Russia) so he's invaded and killed thousands and potentially started WW3.

It's nothing really to do with Biden, Obama or even John McCain (who has a street named after him in Kyiv) its about Putin and his inner circle wanting to recreate the USSR.
Putin on 21:29 - Mar 6 with 1125 viewsDr_Winston

The thing about this whole situation that I really need to learn more about is why Russia has gone back to being an enemy of NATO, when after the fall of the Soviet Union you'd think they could have been candidates to join themselves.

Have seen vague references to it being as a result over concerns about democratic deficit at the time Putin was taking over, but Turkey is hardly a model democracy any more and they're still members.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Putin on 21:47 - Mar 6 with 1113 viewsScotia

Putin on 21:29 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

The thing about this whole situation that I really need to learn more about is why Russia has gone back to being an enemy of NATO, when after the fall of the Soviet Union you'd think they could have been candidates to join themselves.

Have seen vague references to it being as a result over concerns about democratic deficit at the time Putin was taking over, but Turkey is hardly a model democracy any more and they're still members.

I read something a while back about the "pyramid of power" in Russia. Basically the level below the president in Gorbachev's time was completely controlled by the former KGB, Gorby and perestroika were an exception . He was succeeded by Yeltzin who after a while of following the same perestroika path became unfit for office due to illness and alcoholism, that allowed the former KGB to increase influence and the world ended up with Putin the ex head of the KGB as Russian president.

Of course the other situation, if you believe it, is he's been hiding in a bunker with just a couple of advisors for two years. His paranoia has probably gone off the scale, and all he's heard is anti West propaganda.
Putin on 21:52 - Mar 6 with 1107 viewsBoundy

Putin on 21:00 - Mar 6 by Scotia

The first casualty of War is the truth. That's the case for all sides.

I don't know the complete history of the Ukraine / Russia situation but it certainly seems that the majority of people in the country were happy to move towards a more European style of life rather than a 1980's style eastern bloc existence. This is a threat to Putin and his cronies (not Russia) so he's invaded and killed thousands and potentially started WW3.

It's nothing really to do with Biden, Obama or even John McCain (who has a street named after him in Kyiv) its about Putin and his inner circle wanting to recreate the USSR.

If I may , The first casualty of war are civilians as we've seen too many times during recent times .Truth can and is manipulated by all sides, its the poor sods in the middle who rarely have control over their destiny

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Putin on 22:26 - Mar 6 with 1066 viewsScotia

Putin on 21:52 - Mar 6 by Boundy

If I may , The first casualty of war are civilians as we've seen too many times during recent times .Truth can and is manipulated by all sides, its the poor sods in the middle who rarely have control over their destiny

You're right, it's a figure of speech.

Putin announcing his special military operation and then killing innocent civilians. The lie came first to justify the action.
Putin on 14:11 - Mar 7 with 983 viewsCatullus

Putin on 21:52 - Mar 6 by Boundy

Not quite how I see it, before Putin sent the troops in he was spreading lies about the situation to justify his upcoming actions.

All governments lie, all governments spread disinformation but some are far worse than others and Putin is running an oppressive regime, his state run media spread a barrage of lies every day.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Putin on 14:35 - Mar 7 with 972 viewsBoundy

Putin on 14:11 - Mar 7 by Catullus

Not quite how I see it, before Putin sent the troops in he was spreading lies about the situation to justify his upcoming actions.

All governments lie, all governments spread disinformation but some are far worse than others and Putin is running an oppressive regime, his state run media spread a barrage of lies every day.

Not meaning to appear pedantic but Putin was spouting off before he troops invaded . I don't suppose it means one iota which came first to some poor soul hiding in a cellar today

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Putin on 16:28 - Mar 7 with 926 viewsCatullus

Putin on 14:35 - Mar 7 by Boundy

Not meaning to appear pedantic but Putin was spouting off before he troops invaded . I don't suppose it means one iota which came first to some poor soul hiding in a cellar today

No it doesn't but you raised the debate when you answered a post. I merely posted my opinion.

I bet plenty of Ukrainians are watching the news and calling Putin all sorts of a lying b'stard.

On todays news, the Russians offered a safe corridor for refugess...to Russia. Not hardly what they want. they have still been shelling civilians, including during ceasefires.

War crimes investigators will be kept busy.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Putin on 16:35 - Mar 7 with 921 viewsonehunglow

Putin on 16:28 - Mar 7 by Catullus

No it doesn't but you raised the debate when you answered a post. I merely posted my opinion.

I bet plenty of Ukrainians are watching the news and calling Putin all sorts of a lying b'stard.

On todays news, the Russians offered a safe corridor for refugess...to Russia. Not hardly what they want. they have still been shelling civilians, including during ceasefires.

War crimes investigators will be kept busy.

Good luck of arresting them and prosecuting them.
Best if Putin is zapped.
HE is the main problem here ..

He is out of control

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Putin on 16:42 - Mar 7 with 919 views73__73

NATO should have long ago ruled out Ukraine from joining, but the military industrial complex who have huge power especially in the USA would never let that happen.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Putin on 16:43 - Mar 7 with 918 viewscontroversial_jack

Putin on 19:37 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Biden was chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee at the time, his role was to ensure there was good governance over the decisions made. He moved to the Pentagon and became complicit in the false narrative. One news agency in the US , Kinght Ridder tried to expose what was going on.
People from the Security Services and the Pentagon tried to blow the whistle, but to no avail.
John Hopkins estimate the death toll at over 800,000.

It was Rumsfeldts dept that made up the lies, others went along with it
Putin on 23:06 - Mar 7 with 852 viewsEbo

Putin on 10:23 - Mar 4 by Catullus

We can only hope that internally there are Russians who've had enough of Putin and are capable of deposing him.

Lets hope that the maps don't change very much and that sanctions can bring the Russians to a halt.

Could there be another civil war in Russia itself? Can the people bring this to a halt?

The guys who will eventually have had enough of him are the oligarchs who are essentially his 'mafia'. They are not going to be pleased at seeing their assets being seized and their wealth plummeting at an alarming rate.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Putin on 04:11 - Mar 8 with 817 viewsangryjack

Putin on 23:06 - Mar 7 by Ebo

The guys who will eventually have had enough of him are the oligarchs who are essentially his 'mafia'. They are not going to be pleased at seeing their assets being seized and their wealth plummeting at an alarming rate.

It will take a brave one to even mention it,with do many double crossers, you be another Salsbury, dead on a bench
Putin on 09:24 - Mar 8 with 789 viewsCatullus

Putin on 16:43 - Mar 7 by controversial_jack

It was Rumsfeldts dept that made up the lies, others went along with it

Biden being the chair means he didn't just go along with it. he'd have had to approve it too. Unless Rumsfeldt went around him but seeing as it became White House approved and was passed onto the UK Biden must have known and approved it. He is as complicit as anybody, so is Tony Blair.

They all knew they were peddling lies, a means to an end and look where it got us.

The CIA, Central Intelligence Agency, surely an oxymoron. They should be closed down after all the damage they have done in the world but then, the Russians, the North Koreans, the Chinese, they have their own versions doing exactly the same thing. It always comes back to the same thing, humans are stupid, selfish and greedy....and STUPID, never forget stupid.

Putin on 09:51 - Mar 8 with 782 viewsItchySphincter

Putin on 16:42 - Mar 7 by 73__73

NATO should have long ago ruled out Ukraine from joining, but the military industrial complex who have huge power especially in the USA would never let that happen.

This is a genuine question so don’t take this as being argumentative - what is your reason for saying Ukraine should be ruled out of ever joining NATO?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Putin on 10:46 - Mar 8 with 759 viewsLohengrin

Putin on 09:51 - Mar 8 by ItchySphincter

This is a genuine question so don’t take this as being argumentative - what is your reason for saying Ukraine should be ruled out of ever joining NATO?

Do you know what I think will be the final resolution to all this, the compromise that will save face for both Putin and Zelensky and bring an end to the mayhem?

Ukraine being admitted to the EU but giving up any ambition to join NATO.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Putin on 11:00 - Mar 8 with 752 viewsCatullus

Putin on 10:46 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

Do you know what I think will be the final resolution to all this, the compromise that will save face for both Putin and Zelensky and bring an end to the mayhem?

Ukraine being admitted to the EU but giving up any ambition to join NATO.

I don't think Putin will go for that because the EU has the Common Security and Defence Policy (CDSP) and also EU states are in NATO.

His latest demand seems to be Zelenskyy concedes Crimea is Russian and Donetsk and Luhansk are indepedent, which to me means they will soon become Russian after some dubious referendum.

Putin on 11:13 - Mar 8 with 746 viewsLohengrin

Putin on 11:00 - Mar 8 by Catullus

I don't think Putin will go for that because the EU has the Common Security and Defence Policy (CDSP) and also EU states are in NATO.

His latest demand seems to be Zelenskyy concedes Crimea is Russian and Donetsk and Luhansk are indepedent, which to me means they will soon become Russian after some dubious referendum.

Any referendums in the three areas you mention are likely to return results that wouldn’t need manipulation from Putin’s standpoint. Ethnic Russians poured into those regions like a torrent to meet the labour demands of various Five-year-plans of the Soviet era.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Putin on 11:48 - Mar 8 with 724 viewsScotia

Putin on 11:00 - Mar 8 by Catullus

Do you know what, I'm beginning to think some sort of compromise along those lines is the only way to save an awful lot of lives.

Putin cannot get away with this and I think we'll need to strengthen sanctions against Russia, in the medium term at least, to hopefully stop this kind of thing happening again.

He's almost certainly going to wrestle some sort of messy control away from the current Ukrainian government eventually at a cost of a levelled Ukraine, human catastrophe and ongoing battles for many years.

The Ukraine aren't going to stop them without outside help and outside help means WW3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024