Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinn Fein 07:38 - Apr 4 with 10138 viewsCountyJim

Looking like they will be the biggest party in NI it's not really a surprise given how many unionist parties there are they are bound to spilt the vote

It would be nice to have a none religious vote over there but it's not going to happen
Sinn Fein on 07:49 - May 11 with 751 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sinn Fein on 16:31 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

The union died in 2016 with Brexit.

That is democracy for you the majority voted for it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sinn Fein on 07:52 - May 11 with 748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sinn Fein on 07:43 - May 11 by trampie

You are totally and utterly missing the point, their life expectancy in the Republic is as good if not better than ours in the UK that is the bottom line, they pay for health care in the Republic that kind of system has advantages and disadvantages compared to our system, countries system that is to charge to see the doctor don't have malingerers flooding the system to the same degree, they don't have people in the system that shouldn't be in the system that could get over the counter medicine, on the downside it can cause some people not to go to the doctors when perhaps they should go but the bottom line is they have similar DNA, diets, cultural background and their quality of life, happiness, health is a good as ours.
It will up to the people of Ireland (both North and South if and when they become United again), I want them to be united because I don't want the Ulster unionists being part of the UK, I realise in the event of unification some will come over here I just hope it will not be to Wales.

Yes life expectancy in Ireland is better than in NI, Wales and Scotland and the same as in England.

Says all you need to know about the failings of the Devolved NHS in Wales and Scotland.

Sinn Fein on 08:07 - May 11 with 745 viewsKilkennyjack

The DUP game.

Make sure Sinn Fein never get the First Minister.

Link the new NI Executive restart to an issue that the NI Executive are not responsiblr for, ie The Johnson negotiated protocol.
They may as well ask for the moon.

Only UK govt and EU can do anything with Johnsons oven ready Protocol.

After 6 months new elections ?

Meanwhile all the people in the north of Ireland will suffer.

Theresa May told DUP yesterday that had the voted for her Brexit there would be no need for Protocol.

Brexit - the shitefest we all knew it was.

Beware of the Risen People

Sinn Fein on 08:10 - May 11 with 743 viewsKilkennyjack

Sinn Fein on 07:49 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

That is democracy for you the majority voted for it.

Yes people voted to end the uk union, so lets get on with it.

Even though the leave vote was Russian funded and based on total lies.

Sunlit uplands ?

Sinn Fein on 08:24 - May 11 with 721 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sinn Fein on 08:10 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

Yes people voted to end the uk union, so lets get on with it.

Even though the leave vote was Russian funded and based on total lies.

Sunlit uplands ?

Any evidence that Russia funded Brexit?
Just because you post nonsense does not make it true.

I do wish you would respect the democratic choice of the people of Wales they voted to leave the EU and they don't want independence.

Sinn Fein on 08:27 - May 11 with 722 viewsonehunglow

Sinn Fein on 08:07 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

The DUP game.

Link the new NI Executive restart to an issue that the NI Executive are not responsiblr for, ie The Johnson negotiated protocol.

Theresa May told DUP yesterday that had the voted for her Brexit there would be no need for Protocol.

I actually agree with some of that I think.
Even though Sinne Fein have a bloody history with a leader steeped in murderous exploits of her heroes,the DUP aren't helping.
Both dogmatic institutions and it makes me believe the bigotry will always be there even though it is buried deeper these days.
DUP very existence founded on Church backed contempt and descrimination towards Catholics and to ensure the key job ,well paid jobs in the likes of H@W stayed within the family-protestant family.

No easy solution to this.

The Good Friday agreement has not,IMO changed core beliefs,ie Sein Fein -One Ireland ,DUP-no surrender to Papery.

Biggest issue surely if an united Ireland was voted for then would it be a Catholic country and look toward Rome ,not exactly something Protestants would want.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sinn Fein on 13:05 - May 11 with 680 viewscontroversial_jack

Sinn Fein on 08:24 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

I do wish you would respect the democratic choice of the people of Wales they voted to leave the EU and they don't want independence.

Plenty of evidence that Russia influenced the vote.Cambridge Analytica worked for them

If you believe in democracy, it's been 6 years since the last vote. let's have another one to see if we can get back in.A once in a lifetime vote doesn't seem very democratic to me
Sinn Fein (n/t) on 13:09 - May 11 with 680 viewscontroversial_jack

[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Sinn Fein on 13:48 - May 11 with 669 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sinn Fein on 08:07 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

The DUP game.

It that why Sinn Fein refused to join in power sharing for over two years leaving the people without a government for over two years.

You are even wrong about the NI protocol it was Teresa May who was responsible for that together with all the MPs in parliament led by the speaker who would not accept the will of the people of the UK.

Sinn Fein on 13:48 - May 11 with 669 viewsBoundy

Why stop at 2 votes , why 3 not or 4 , why not allow voting to continue infinitely , that way the previous voters maybe dead lost their marbles and majority of the populace at the time of the vote will be happy .Why not carry this concept through to all aspects of our lives such as the legal system where jurors take a vote on innocence or guilt, that way we could really consider ourselves truly democratic.
Although this may not work in Russia .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sinn Fein on 16:08 - May 11 with 622 viewstrampie

Sinn Fein on 13:48 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

It that why Sinn Fein refused to join in power sharing for over two years leaving the people without a government for over two years.

You are even wrong about the NI protocol it was Teresa May who was responsible for that together with all the MPs in parliament led by the speaker who would not accept the will of the people of the UK.

I can't be arsed to check, but from memory the unionists would not agree things that were previously agreed like they wouldn't recognise gay marriage, they wouldn't recognise the Irish language, it was their way or the highway, their leader wouldn't resign over the cash for ash scandal that lost Northern Ireland millions and millions, the republican's leader tactically resigned and they did not nominate a replacement to force an election and that is when the unionist majority was wiped, DUP went from being about 10 seats ahead of Sinn Fein to 1 and after last week Sinn Fein are ahead of DUP by 2 seats, it was the correct thing to do with DUP taking the Mickey let the people vote and the people agreed more with Sinn Fein than the DUP. per the big loss in DUP seats.
Now the DUP don't want to play ball not because of Sinn Fein doing wrong but the British, the DUP argument is they don't like the British rules is my understanding and they want them changed.
When the troubles started our soldiers were committing suicide out there because they were initially fighting people singing QSTQ and wearing bowler hats, squaddies had no idea what was happening, that situation turned around but these English loving right wing loyalists are no friends of ours as far as this valley commando ex chapel Sunday school Welsh boyo is concerned., Northern Ireland is a basket case and should be nothing to do with Britain.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 16:19]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sinn Fein on 16:17 - May 11 with 616 viewsKilkennyjack

Sinn Fein on 16:08 - May 11 by trampie

I can't be arsed to check, but from memory the unionists would not agree things that were previously agreed like they wouldn't recognise gay marriage, they wouldn't recognise the Irish language, it was their way or the highway, their leader wouldn't resign over the cash for ash scandal that lost Northern Ireland millions and millions, the republican's leader tactically resigned and they did not nominate a replacement to force an election and that is when the unionist majority was wiped, DUP went from being about 10 seats ahead of Sinn Fein to 1 and after last week Sinn Fein are ahead of DUP by 2 seats, it was the correct thing to do with DUP taking the Mickey let the people vote and the people agreed more with Sinn Fein than the DUP. per the big loss in DUP seats.
Now the DUP don't want to play ball not because of Sinn Fein doing wrong but the British, the DUP argument is they don't like the British rules is my understanding and they want them changed.
When the troubles started our soldiers were committing suicide out there because they were initially fighting people singing QSTQ and wearing bowler hats, squaddies had no idea what was happening, that situation turned around but these English loving right wing loyalists are no friends of ours as far as this valley commando ex chapel Sunday school Welsh boyo is concerned., Northern Ireland is a basket case and should be nothing to do with Britain.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 16:19]

John Lennon was right.

Sinn Fein on 16:30 - May 11 with 603 viewstrampie

I'm reading about that if Sinn Fein win North and South and win a border poll that Britain under a Tory Government will invade Ireland, that is how scared some Irish people are by the English.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Sinn Fein on 17:55 - May 11 with 583 viewsBryanSwan

You do realise that the majority who voted brexit and the majority who still believe in the union and royals etc etc are all getting on.
There is a large majority of indy minded people in the younger generations.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Sinn Fein on 18:13 - May 11 with 571 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sinn Fein on 17:55 - May 11 by BryanSwan

You do realise that the majority who voted brexit and the majority who still believe in the union and royals etc etc are all getting on.

Can you actually prove that or just your opion.
Most of the young are idealistic but with maturity they learn and form their own opinions.

Sinn Fein on 19:00 - May 11 with 554 viewsBoundy

Sinn Fein on 17:55 - May 11 by BryanSwan

Most of todays younger generation have very little interest in politics . For most its an Irrelevance to their lives and very few policies are specifically aimed for young people. Historically Labour attract the younger voter & the older tory. Voter turnout was highest among those ages 65 to 74 at 76.0%, while the percentage was lowest among those ages 18 to 24 at 51.4% .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sinn Fein on 21:32 - May 11 with 529 viewsKilkennyjack

Sinn Fein on 18:13 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

Most of the young are idealistic but with maturity they learn and form their own opinions.

Look at any Farage meeting.

Mostly old male, pale and stale.
Some old female, pale and stale.

The past has robbed the younger generation.
Yearning for their youth and turning the clock back.

These people never fought in the wars, their parents did - and they were heroic.

The anti Brexit majority is now about 20 per cent more than Leave.

Sinn Fein on 21:49 - May 11 with 520 viewsraynor94

Sinn Fein on 21:32 - May 11 by Kilkennyjack

Look at any Farage meeting.

Mostly old male, pale and stale.
Some old female, pale and stale.

The past has robbed the younger generation.
Yearning for their youth and turning the clock back.

These people never fought in the wars, their parents did - and they were heroic.

The anti Brexit majority is now about 20 per cent more than Leave.

Surely, you are one of those you speak so ill of?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sinn Fein on 22:57 - May 11 with 505 viewsBryanSwan

Sinn Fein on 18:13 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

I believe what you really mean is older people vote in accordance with their own selfish interests, which they think are met by the Conservatives.
What is wrong with having ideals? Ensuring the place is better for children and grandchildren. Giving them the same or better opportunities.
And in my opinion that is not something that will happen being tied to England and their insistence for a right wing Conservative government.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Sinn Fein on 07:14 - May 12 with 490 viewsLohengrin

Sinn Fein on 07:43 - May 11 by trampie

You are totally and utterly missing the point, their life expectancy in the Republic is as good if not better than ours in the UK that is the bottom line, they pay for health care in the Republic that kind of system has advantages and disadvantages compared to our system, countries system that is to charge to see the doctor don't have malingerers flooding the system to the same degree, they don't have people in the system that shouldn't be in the system that could get over the counter medicine, on the downside it can cause some people not to go to the doctors when perhaps they should go but the bottom line is they have similar DNA, diets, cultural background and their quality of life, happiness, health is a good as ours.
It will up to the people of Ireland (both North and South if and when they become United again), I want them to be united because I don't want the Ulster unionists being part of the UK, I realise in the event of unification some will come over here I just hope it will not be to Wales.

We didn’t emerge from the last war with much, God knows, but the one prize the working man was able to attain for the sacrifice was the establishment of the National Health Service: the cornerstone of the modern welfare system.

The people of Northern Ireland are British. That welfare system is their birthright. You would see them deprived of that and fall prey to an arrangement where priority is dictated by the thickness of the wallet, not the severity of the condition?

Tramp, for somebody who has continually touted himself on here as a man of the Left you’re not exactly Arthur Horner, are you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Sinn Fein on 07:23 - May 12 with 478 viewstrampie

Sinn Fein on 07:14 - May 12 by Lohengrin

We didn’t emerge from the last war with much, God knows, but the one prize the working man was able to attain for the sacrifice was the establishment of the National Health Service: the cornerstone of the modern welfare system.

The people of Northern Ireland are British. That welfare system is their birthright. You would see them deprived of that and fall prey to an arrangement where priority is dictated by the thickness of the wallet, not the severity of the condition?

Tramp, for somebody who has continually touted himself on here as a man of the Left you’re not exactly Arthur Horner, are you?

Depends how you define British some would say they are mainly descendants of Germanic immigrants that have gone there via Blighty and therefore not British.

Sinn Fein on 07:30 - May 12 with 467 viewsLohengrin

Sinn Fein on 07:23 - May 12 by trampie

Depends how you define British some would say they are mainly descendants of Germanic immigrants that have gone there via Blighty and therefore not British.

Go to Portadown, Tramp. Half the people there are called Jones, I very much doubt they shipped over from Rostock!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Sinn Fein on 07:32 - May 12 with 456 viewstrampie

Sinn Fein on 07:30 - May 12 by Lohengrin

Go to Portadown, Tramp. Half the people there are called Jones, I very much doubt they shipped over from Rostock!

I wouldn't go over there Lohengrin if you paid me.

Sinn Fein on 09:19 - May 12 with 435 viewsonehunglow

Sinn Fein on 22:57 - May 11 by BryanSwan

I believe what you really mean is older people vote in accordance with their own selfish interests, which they think are met by the Conservatives.
What is wrong with having ideals? Ensuring the place is better for children and grandchildren. Giving them the same or better opportunities.
And in my opinion that is not something that will happen being tied to England and their insistence for a right wing Conservative government.

Insulting to many decent folk who exercise their democratic right to vote for whom they wish.Many would rubbish your standpoint in a heartbeat. South Wales really is a world apart.
My God,the arrogance of Labour voters is as bad a Conservatives.

Class war in 2022.

Look at the state we're in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sinn Fein on 09:31 - May 12 with 425 viewstrampie

Sinn Fein on 09:19 - May 12 by onehunglow

Insulting to many decent folk who exercise their democratic right to vote for whom they wish.Many would rubbish your standpoint in a heartbeat. South Wales really is a world apart.
My God,the arrogance of Labour voters is as bad a Conservatives.

Class war in 2022.

Look at the state we're in

Did you vote Conservative OHL so you could get your £150 council rebate knowing there are lots of Welshies like me not entitled to the rebate effectively contributing to your rebate up in England ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024