Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED 02:41 - Apr 12 with 15970 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the a Good Friday game, and the chance for another doube. Yes, the doube is on again. Not like the Cardiff doube, but a doube all the same.

This thread has been brought to you by ‘Doube’ The history making word with one L of an impact.

The Officials
ANDY WOOLMER 👀
Robert Hyde and Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

First Swans game Woolmer officiates this season, he is the referee Steve Cooper made allegations against of having issues with him and Swansea City. He was the fourth official which brought about a whole lot of touchline reporting when Ryan Manning was sent off against Fulham. Thereafter he was involved in reporting Swansea City for a variety of infringements on and off the pitch. Despite Fulham committing similar and in some cases far worse touchline issues which were overlooked. Let’s hope Woolmer comes to Swansea with clarity and an independent view.

Latest **

Swansea City play against a team today who have won one game away all season 15th Apr 2022 10:48
Barnsley visit the Swansea.com today in a similar position to Derby County last weekend. They simply are running out of game time to save their season. Some will say that ship has long sailed and the tykes will merely play out their remaining games with only prove at stake. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Joel Latibeaudiere; Cyrus Christie, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

Barnsley: Jack Walton, Liam Kitching, Mads Andersen (captain), Callum Brittain, Carlton Morris, Claudio Gomes, Romal Palmer, Remy Vita, Amine Bassi, Domingos Quina, Matty Wolfe.

Substitutes: Daniel Jinadu, Callum Styles, Cauley Woodrow, Aaron Leya Iseka, Jasper Moon, William Hondermarck, Victor Adeboyejo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 20:49 - Apr 12 with 4904 views73__73

3-0

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 21:14 - Apr 12 with 4891 viewsAguycalledJack

2-0 swans. Woolmer is ref, so guaranteed swans will be up against 12 men.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 21:39 - Apr 12 with 4874 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 21:14 - Apr 12 by AguycalledJack

2-0 swans. Woolmer is ref, so guaranteed swans will be up against 12 men.

Oh FFS 😡
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 23:17 - Apr 12 with 4822 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 21:39 - Apr 12 by Fireboy2

Oh FFS 😡

No worries.
Fourth of nine consecutive wins for Swans.
Play offs here we come !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 03:04 - Apr 13 with 4774 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 08:49 - Apr 13 with 4700 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 03:04 - Apr 13 by KeithHaynes

Could be about right, but actual people there will be less than 18,000. There are large numbers of ticket holders who are not going, some still covid related, others on holiday and some have got used to viewing streams so don't bother travelling any distance, where previously they would. The laughter that echoes around the ground when the attendance is read out loud and clear.

On the score I'm going 2-0. Obafemi and Wolf.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 09:13 - Apr 13 with 4680 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 08:49 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

Could be about right, but actual people there will be less than 18,000. There are large numbers of ticket holders who are not going, some still covid related, others on holiday and some have got used to viewing streams so don't bother travelling any distance, where previously they would. The laughter that echoes around the ground when the attendance is read out loud and clear.

If that’s the case that will be four in the bounce. Decent.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 4593 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think this is a perfect storm match to where he may revert to type. Pressure off, few wins under his belt and a weak team at home, has all the hallmarks of going to the old keep ball system.

Thankfully the old system works quite well against the likes of Barnsley and Peterborough, so not overly concerned by it.

I’ll go with 2-0.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:40 - Apr 13 with 4477 viewsMinesapint

Logged my prediction few days ago.

3-0
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:15 - Apr 13 with 4401 viewsYouBackJastard

Facing relegation teams can be great at the start and middle but awful at the end. We saw how much of a fight Derby put up despite us having a better squad on paper. Nervy 2-0 for us. Obafemi doube
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 16:06 - Apr 13 with 4365 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 11:03 - Apr 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I think this is a perfect storm match to where he may revert to type. Pressure off, few wins under his belt and a weak team at home, has all the hallmarks of going to the old keep ball system.

Thankfully the old system works quite well against the likes of Barnsley and Peterborough, so not overly concerned by it.

I’ll go with 2-0.

Keep ball is a 'symptom' not the 'disease' itself. 80% possession occurs in my opinion when teams surrender possession willingly and 'park the bus'. Hull did this. Swansea do less well against these teams and the quality of the game suffers.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 16:12 - Apr 13 with 4332 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 16:06 - Apr 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Keep ball is a 'symptom' not the 'disease' itself. 80% possession occurs in my opinion when teams surrender possession willingly and 'park the bus'. Hull did this. Swansea do less well against these teams and the quality of the game suffers.

It’s most certainly the disease.

Against the lesser teams we can do it successfully, against anyone better their press game is too organised and we are resorted to passing back and fore keeping the ball away from them as opposed to trying to attack.

We also don’t utilise long balls, width or have any direct incision.

We only have meaningful possession against the good teams when Martin ditches that nonsense and starts allowing the players to play a natural game, which of course is a mixed passing style.

Something we were not allowed to see until he started to feel some pressure and relented.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:24 - Apr 13 with 4306 viewsKeithHaynes

Any thoughts on the ref ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:30 - Apr 13 with 4264 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:24 - Apr 13 by KeithHaynes

Well if we lose it will definitely be the Refs fault.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 4186 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:24 - Apr 13 by KeithHaynes

Yeah lucky we are at home 🙏
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 20:33 - Apr 13 with 4165 views73__73

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 11:03 - Apr 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I’ll go with 2-0.

At least you won’t be there to witness the awful football 😁

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 21:28 - Apr 13 with 4122 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 08:49 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

Agree Cardiff have an even bigger problem with over inflated attendances. It the home games just before McCarthy was sacked they had under 10,000 as the fans were boycotting the matches they were still claiming attendances of 17,500.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:26 - Apr 13 with 4070 viewsAndyCole

Let's all hope The Good Ship Martin maintains recent coordinates, at the same rate of knots/zip, with all hands on deck steadfastly pointed in the right direction of Go-fwds, progressive football in the opposing half. Simplz.

IF Grimes & his troops can sustain this tac, against all headwinds : 3-1

IF Martin regresses and tries to show off with the failed Martinball v0.1 (already ditched by MKDons) : 1-2

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:49 - Apr 13 with 4049 viewsjasper_T

I'd love to see us rotate given it's the easiest game we have remaining on paper. At home against a poor side with another game on Monday - if we can't show faith in Ogbeta and Joseph now then why did we spend all that money?
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:04 - Apr 13 with 4019 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:49 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

I'd love to see us rotate given it's the easiest game we have remaining on paper. At home against a poor side with another game on Monday - if we can't show faith in Ogbeta and Joseph now then why did we spend all that money?

Rotating would be akin to a plan of transishun though. An ongoing upward journey where we look to build upon our recent heritage of effective, efficient winning football, borne out of rock solid defending etc etc.

Unfortunately rotating with a view to the future ain't in the current manager's nomenclature, how odd. And how misleading.

We have overspent and underutilised the resources available. Not the best combo for a team in transishun.

Why on earth did Wunter spend all that money and not leverage the talents at our disposal ? It makes no sense to proper fans, let alone a significant clutch of shareholders.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:13 - Apr 13 with 4014 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:49 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

It won't happen because a win on Friday could really open up the curtains for a possible play off push.
A win Saturday and there is a possibility we could be 5 points off the play offs with a game in hand so it would be silly to go playing about with experiments.

I think we have to be logical with what is at hand here, it would certainly be unprofessional to go tinkering especially with a big expectant crowd.... Lose and the next game will then be the time to blood a few.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:25 - Apr 13 with 4001 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:13 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

It won't happen because a win on Friday could really open up the curtains for a possible play off push.
A win Saturday and there is a possibility we could be 5 points off the play offs with a game in hand so it would be silly to go playing about with experiments.

I think we have to be logical with what is at hand here, it would certainly be unprofessional to go tinkering especially with a big expectant crowd.... Lose and the next game will then be the time to blood a few.

It's not "unprofessional" to utilise squad players we've spent six figure fees for, come on now. Ogbeta's played 50+ games in League One but it's "playing about with experiments" to start him?

Waiting until there was absolutely nothing to play for before introducing young players is part of the reason Dan James was so keen to leave when the time came. If we hadn't been relegated DJ, Rodon, maybe even Connor would have moved on and Welsh football would have been weaker for it.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:33 - Apr 13 with 3997 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:25 - Apr 13 by jasper_T

It's not "unprofessional" to utilise squad players we've spent six figure fees for, come on now. Ogbeta's played 50+ games in League One but it's "playing about with experiments" to start him?

Waiting until there was absolutely nothing to play for before introducing young players is part of the reason Dan James was so keen to leave when the time came. If we hadn't been relegated DJ, Rodon, maybe even Connor would have moved on and Welsh football would have been weaker for it.

I would agree with you Jasp but as I said previously, Saturday could open up a play off push so it's very much an important game with quite a lot to play for if we get the 3 points.

It would be unprofessional to change a team that has been on a terrific run with a player yet to start a game for us when there is still so much to play for in this game.

Ogbeta and Joseph's time will come but just not Saturday.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:34 - Apr 13 with 3992 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 23:13 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

As per, you're talking gobbledegook again Daps. With all due respect, at the very least get your chronology sorted so we have some chance of following your waffle. And you math is way off.

Logical, in a transishun season was blooding our own very best resources. The rich vein we have out on loan and in the 23s. Unprofessional is precisely how we have been to date, with the abundance (# and £) of signings and talent at our disposal.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 23:39 - Apr 13 with 3976 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21;22 on 20:33 - Apr 13 by 73__73

At least you won’t be there to witness the awful football 😁

Being there makes no difference. I will witness the same 90 mins as the minority of Swansea fans in attendance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024