Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17781 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 12:59 - Apr 25 with 747 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 09:41 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Many in north Wales would be dead now had it not been for the cancer,neurological and cardiovasular expert hospitals in Merseyside,England.Not to mention the thousands of childrens lives saved at Alder Hey,Liverpool.
If the Nats cut Wales adrift,many would die;It's that stark a reality.

Wales cannot survive without England socially,economically or psycologically. Its ok for the comfortable ,middle class Welsh (and they do exist) as they have the means to prosper but not "ordinary" welsh folk

Could ever imagine that lot in 'Cardiff Bay' ever in a million years being capable of major reconstruction and root and branch reform to Welsh NHS in circumstance of full independence?

It would take them decades (if at all) in the meantime the Welsh NHS would end up even deeper in the mire and with the population facing the severest repercussions of. The evidence if there now, the proof of i.e. decades of Cardiff Bay governance.

FFS they wasted £114 million to come to the conclusion that Wales does not need a relief road despite Welsh businesses' and commuter's desperation to have one or an alternative. That particular concern has been going on for decades. The silence and lack of any movement is damning! Staggering!

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 13:49 - Apr 25 with 703 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 11:57 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Wales is the dampest part of the UK

Wettest place in the UK is Seathwaite Cumbria, you don't get those lakes for no reason.

Wales country
Lakes a district

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh tourism tax on 14:46 - Apr 25 with 692 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh tourism tax on 13:49 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Wales country
Lakes a district

Your quote.

Wales is the dampest part of the UK and the beaches in the rain are no place for kids to picnic and build and castles.Its why a resort needs dry entertainment venues.

No mention of country. The lake district is wetter than Wales.
Welsh tourism tax on 15:28 - Apr 25 with 666 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 20:00 - Apr 24 by Kilkennyjack

Not true, Britain is not a nation.

Cornwall (Kernow) and Cumbria were both celtic lands with languages from the same language family as Cymraeg. Now English.

Likewise Brittany. Now France.

I know new information this will hurt you head.

Is tourism devolved then ? 🤡

You always used to criticise people for living in the 70's and how many times do your posts date you as being 600 years back and more. There is a clown on here and we all laugh at you.

You say you want a modern Wales well stop living in Roman Brtain and get up to date mun, your posts on here are cringeworthy.

How's this for new information, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a Sovereign Nation. Your claim that the UK of GB and NI is not a nation is factually wrong you steaming great turnip headed doofus, are you related to Baldrick?

Come back when you can get something right.
Welsh tourism tax on 15:31 - Apr 25 with 659 viewsunion_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:28 - Apr 25 by Lorax

You always used to criticise people for living in the 70's and how many times do your posts date you as being 600 years back and more. There is a clown on here and we all laugh at you.

You say you want a modern Wales well stop living in Roman Brtain and get up to date mun, your posts on here are cringeworthy.

How's this for new information, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a Sovereign Nation. Your claim that the UK of GB and NI is not a nation is factually wrong you steaming great turnip headed doofus, are you related to Baldrick?

😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 15:37 - Apr 25 with 643 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 09:41 - Apr 25 by raynor94

And what a great job the assembly are doing with our devolved NHS, I need a knee replacement, and have been told there's a minimum 3 year wait.

Pathetic!

Hey, 3 years isn't that bad, remember I waited over 5 years for a hip replacement. If I'd lived in England I'd have had that op about 25 times over before the pandemic struck.

In fact, given the pandemic, I'm surprised you were told 3 years, seems quick to me given how bad things have gotten.

I watched Elune Morgan on Welsh politics yesterday telling us how things had improved and were improving further. I had to turn off. it's yet more BS as those of us on here who have needed, or know someone who's needed an operation can attest to.

She said there were 54% more staff now than 20 years ago, my wife immediately said yes, and mostly managers! If staff numbers have increased that much, how are they so short staffed? Why are they so short of resources? Why did they shut so many A&E units if they had all that money to spend.
Welsh tourism tax on 16:06 - Apr 25 with 615 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:28 - Apr 25 by Lorax

You are still wrong though. 🤡

Great Britain is a geographical land mass, an island.

England is a nation.
Scotland is a nation.
Ireland is a nation.
Cymru is a nation.

The UK is a political union of 3 nations and the still occupied north of Ireland.

You can want what you like pal, but Britain is not, repeat not, a nation.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 16:16 - Apr 25 with 611 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 16:06 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

You are still wrong though. 🤡

Great Britain is a geographical land mass, an island.

England is a nation.
Scotland is a nation.
Ireland is a nation.
Cymru is a nation.

The UK is a political union of 3 nations and the still occupied north of Ireland.

You can want what you like pal, but Britain is not, repeat not, a nation.

Go and read,

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/The-UK-Great-Britain-What

Take it all in, educate yourself (if you can) and then come back when you have something right to say.

For comparison, Australia is a geographical mass, an island but it is also a Sovereign state. What about New Guinea, Borneo, Hispaniola...Indonesia?

Sheesh it must take some real effort to keep being so wrong, is Billy Smart still looking for fresh blood....you'd be too good for him though.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 611 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 15:37 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Hey, 3 years isn't that bad, remember I waited over 5 years for a hip replacement. If I'd lived in England I'd have had that op about 25 times over before the pandemic struck.

In fact, given the pandemic, I'm surprised you were told 3 years, seems quick to me given how bad things have gotten.

I watched Elune Morgan on Welsh politics yesterday telling us how things had improved and were improving further. I had to turn off. it's yet more BS as those of us on here who have needed, or know someone who's needed an operation can attest to.

She said there were 54% more staff now than 20 years ago, my wife immediately said yes, and mostly managers! If staff numbers have increased that much, how are they so short staffed? Why are they so short of resources? Why did they shut so many A&E units if they had all that money to spend.

The best way to know the reality is to actually experience that reality, indeed so! 'Spin' and misleading 'sleight of hand' bluff and clever accounting from politicians is meaningless.

I have personally witnessed how long an ambulance takes to arrive, I have personally experienced Morriston A+E and I know how appalling other stuff like waiting lists and G.P triage systems are.

Oh and many others like myself now have to use a private dentist/Denplan scheme out of necessity. And for example even if you are lucky to go to certain NHS dentists but require more expensive treatment like a crown? Some dentists will only give the single option of tooth extraction or offer patient referral to a private colleague whereupon that patient will have to pay for private treatment along with its price range anyhow..

What I and others took for granted, that we always thought would always be there, that was once guaranteed, that would be maintained to the same standards of decades back is sadly either a thing of a past or no longer not even there at all. Cardiff Bay devolution is a farce!

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 16:25 - Apr 25 with 604 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 16:16 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Go and read,

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/The-UK-Great-Britain-What

Take it all in, educate yourself (if you can) and then come back when you have something right to say.

For comparison, Australia is a geographical mass, an island but it is also a Sovereign state. What about New Guinea, Borneo, Hispaniola...Indonesia?

Sheesh it must take some real effort to keep being so wrong, is Billy Smart still looking for fresh blood....you'd be too good for him though.

This link proves my point ….

‘ The UK is short for The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland… quite a mouthful! It is a sovereign state (in the same way as France or the USA) but is made up of four countries; England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland’.

The nations are the 4 named.

The UK is a political union - it is not a nation.
Thats why the ‘but’ is included.

Come on now, i had thought Boundy was the biggest dumbo on here by far, please dont prove me wrong.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 16:27]

Welsh tourism tax on 16:32 - Apr 25 with 591 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 09:35 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Look at your passport,if you have one.
What country does it say?

The UK is a political union of 4 nations. Fact.

Also a fact that Cymru was forced to join, unlike the Scots who - under duress - signed up to this dreadful union.

I used to have an EU passport, that was not a nation either.

Please confirm that you now understand that the uk is not a nation.
Thank you.

Welsh tourism tax on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 580 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 16:32 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Also a fact that Cymru was forced to join, unlike the Scots who - under duress - signed up to this dreadful union.

Thank you.

I didn't think you could make yourself look even more dumb yet you always manage to surprise me.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a sovereign state, a country in it's own right.

Here, have a look at this list, in between the UAE and the USA, who is that masked man...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
Welsh tourism tax on 16:41 - Apr 25 with 577 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Thank you.

The clue is in the title United Kingdom which is a sovereign state recognised by the United Nations and the United Kingdom is recognised as a valid passport of a sovereign nation by over 200 other countries worldwide.

Scotland, Wales, Ni and England are part of the United Kingdom not sovereign nations.

Just because you keep repeating your view does not make it true.

The EU is a political Union of 27 sovereign Nations which used to be 28 Sovereign Nations.

Your old EU passport was not issued by the EU. If you read it carefully you will find what nation issued it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 16:44]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 16:59 - Apr 25 with 555 viewsraynor94

Thank you.

So who issued you this EU passport?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh tourism tax on 17:11 - Apr 25 with 535 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 16:59 - Apr 25 by raynor94

So who issued you this EU passport?

It was certainly not the EU which does not issue its own passport. Passports are issued by the 27 individual member countries to a similar format though they will of course be mainly printed in the language of the issuing countries with English and French used on some pages.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 519 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 16:16 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Go and read,

You could have condensed your post to just "go and read " it would still be relevant

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh tourism tax on 17:59 - Apr 25 with 509 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 16:39 - Apr 25 by Lorax

I didn't think you could make yourself look even more dumb yet you always manage to surprise me.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a sovereign state, a country in it's own right.

Here, have a look at this list, in between the UAE and the USA, who is that masked man...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

Killy is like a boxer on the ropes facing a pounding.
He's Jess Willard facing Dempsey.

Wales is NOT sovereign state.The United Kingdom of Great Britain and NI is.

Nats would ethnically cleanse in their own way.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh tourism tax on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 487 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 17:37 - Apr 25 by Boundy

You could have condensed your post to just "go and read " it would still be relevant

Sorry for being so verbose
Welsh tourism tax on 18:42 - Apr 25 with 478 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 17:59 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Kilky just wants UK of GB and NI to not exist, his introspective, parochial, nationalistic ideals don't allow him to allow anything that threatens his ideas.

he has a closed mind and never learns which is why he's so often wrong....and funny!
Welsh tourism tax on 19:09 - Apr 25 with 448 viewsbritferry

whatever you do, don't ask "Alexa what is Welsh for 'coffee been hundred'"... just don't do it, ever !!!

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 19:09 - Apr 25 with 448 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 18:36 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Sorry for being so verbose

For the benefit of our younger reader , I understand why you had to be so , therefore no apology required

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh tourism tax on 19:31 - Apr 25 with 442 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 18:42 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Kilky just wants UK of GB and NI to not exist, his introspective, parochial, nationalistic ideals don't allow him to allow anything that threatens his ideas.

he has a closed mind and never learns which is why he's so often wrong....and funny!

I put a lot of nationalists in the same category as conspiracy theorists, WOKE brigade, PC loons, U,S survivalist/preppers, David Koresh/ Heaven's Gate type cults, David Icke disciples and lunatic thinking of both extreme left and extreme right etc.

Some people really are that detached from reality and are oblivious to that detachment and no amount of evidence or reasoning will ever change their opinion(s). Hence why some are (staggering to contemplate) offended and feel threatened by the thought of Wales having a modern transport system! What Welsh person in their right mind wouldn't want that?

It's all cloud cuckoo land lunacy whereupon reality, common sense, critical thinking ability and reality has gone absolutely AWOL.

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 423 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:59 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

I did not use those words.

I said wales is a nation and it is.

It is part of a political union called the united kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Nobody in Wales has ever voted to be part of this union.
It was imposed on Wales.

Fact.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 23:12]

Welsh tourism tax on 20:08 - Apr 25 with 417 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 19:31 - Apr 25 by Wingstandwood

I put a lot of nationalists in the same category as conspiracy theorists, WOKE brigade, PC loons, U,S survivalist/preppers, David Koresh/ Heaven's Gate type cults, David Icke disciples and lunatic thinking of both extreme left and extreme right etc.

Some people really are that detached from reality and are oblivious to that detachment and no amount of evidence or reasoning will ever change their opinion(s). Hence why some are (staggering to contemplate) offended and feel threatened by the thought of Wales having a modern transport system! What Welsh person in their right mind wouldn't want that?

It's all cloud cuckoo land lunacy whereupon reality, common sense, critical thinking ability and reality has gone absolutely AWOL.

If the UK govt pass the extra funds to our elected Welsh Government then - as it is a devolved area - then the welsh government can decide how best to spend it. All for it.

If people based in England and not elected by welsh people are going to tell us how to spend any additional funding then thats just a populist move to undermine the devolved administrations. The offer is only made for political capital because they know wales will say no.

Does Johnson and Mogg care about Transport in Wales … no.
Do they want to play games … yes.

Dont be duped.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:19 - Apr 25 with 409 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:08 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

If the UK govt pass the extra funds to our elected Welsh Government then - as it is a devolved area - then the welsh government can decide how best to spend it. All for it.

If people based in England and not elected by welsh people are going to tell us how to spend any additional funding then thats just a populist move to undermine the devolved administrations. The offer is only made for political capital because they know wales will say no.

Does Johnson and Mogg care about Transport in Wales … no.
Do they want to play games … yes.

Dont be duped.

The Welsh people elect MPs to the UK government. Time snd again the Welsh people have demanded better roads, better transport infrastructure to boost the Welsh economy and tourist. The senedd ignores the Welsh voters, cancelling the vitally needed M4 relief road to get traffic moving around Newport. The senedd has also cancelled all new bypasses and new roads.
Even when the UK offers money to pay for the M4 relief road the senedd turns it down. Funny how the Senedd accepted UK taxpayers money to pay for the heads of the valley upgrade when it came via the EU.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024