Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17924 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 837 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 23:05 - Apr 18 by raynor94

And you are a stranger to the truth Sir

Google ‘Dic Sion Dafydd’ …..
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 21:43]

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 08:44 - Apr 19 with 801 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 08:16 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

Google ‘Dic Sion Dafydd’ …..
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 21:43]

Dic innit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh tourism tax on 08:47 - Apr 19 with 800 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 20:19 - Apr 16 by Lorax

Then why did you reference Brenda and Keith from Stoke?

Are you going to answer the questions or are you too scared?

We have Eifion and Eluned flocking to Cheshire Oaks to get what they can't in deepest Caernarfon.

Welsh tourism tax on 12:35 - Apr 19 with 759 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:14 - Apr 18 by Gwyn737

If it goes through, Bath will be the first city to introduce the tourist tax at £1 per night.

In this model, I don’t think people would be turned off, especially if they can point to how the money has been effectively used.

This may point Wales in the right direction (whatever that is).

At least going through consultation is the sensible way to do it.

The Senedd has a track record for having public consultations but then doing exactly as they wanted to in the first place.

I don't remember ever seeing the results of the consultation on giving votes to kids or to prisoners nor on the changes to the education system.
Welsh tourism tax on 12:55 - Apr 19 with 755 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 12:35 - Apr 19 by Lorax

The Senedd has a track record for having public consultations but then doing exactly as they wanted to in the first place.

I don't remember ever seeing the results of the consultation on giving votes to kids or to prisoners nor on the changes to the education system.

Nor the consultation into the M4 relief road or the cancellation of all new roads, bypasses, road improvements.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 13:45 - Apr 19 with 746 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 20:53 - Apr 18 by Lorax

That is entirely the point, we could and should do so much better.

We need to give people reasons to come here when the weather isn't great.

Imposing a tourist tax is the opposite of that, it'll drive people away.

We spend a lot of time in north Wales and my siblings families too.
I am buggered if I am to be further fleeced for tripping into Wales.
We are on the border really and it's an easy getaway.I can tell you many will turn their back and imply go to other places.We are on the motorway network and are very central to many areas of beauty.

Welsh tourism tax on 21:47 - Apr 19 with 691 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:45 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

We spend a lot of time in north Wales and my siblings families too.
I am buggered if I am to be further fleeced for tripping into Wales.
We are on the border really and it's an easy getaway.I can tell you many will turn their back and imply go to other places.We are on the motorway network and are very central to many areas of beauty.

It will be so little that you will not notice it.

Brenda and Keith will still come every year.
One year they might even buy more in Wales than their return petrol and an ice cream.

You are right about Cheshire Oaks though … 👍

Welsh tourism tax on 22:30 - Apr 19 with 674 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:47 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

One year they might even buy more in Wales than their return petrol and an ice cream.

Brenda and Keith spent £4 billion in Wales in 2016. That is Wales biggest industry why would any sane politician risk that income and the jobs that go with it.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 23:28 - Apr 19 with 663 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 22:30 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

Brenda and Keith spent £4 billion in Wales in 2016. That is Wales biggest industry why would any sane politician risk that income and the jobs that go with it.

Brenda and Keith will still keep coming.

It will be just £1 a night, or similar.
Brenda and Keith spend more that that on their corn plasters and kiss me quick hats.

The levy would be proportionate by design, and powers to raise the levy would be discretionary for local authorities. This would enable decisions to be taken locally, according to the needs of our communities. The levy will apply to those paying to stay overnight within a local authority area. Opportunities for wider contributions on the cost impact of other types of visitor activities on local infrastructure will be offered as part of the consultation on the levy.

I would make it at least £5 per night per adult, kids am ddim. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 23:30]

Welsh tourism tax on 07:56 - Apr 20 with 631 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 23:28 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

Brenda and Keith spend more that that on their corn plasters and kiss me quick hats.

The levy would be proportionate by design, and powers to raise the levy would be discretionary for local authorities. This would enable decisions to be taken locally, according to the needs of our communities. The levy will apply to those paying to stay overnight within a local authority area. Opportunities for wider contributions on the cost impact of other types of visitor activities on local infrastructure will be offered as part of the consultation on the levy.

Would it apply to both Welsh and other tourist?
Would business men pay it?
Would people working away from home pay it?
Would people in temporary accommodation pay it?
Will seasonal workers pay it?
Will campers pay it?

Hopefully for once you will answer the questions asked.

Welsh tourism tax on 08:41 - Apr 20 with 613 viewsunion_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 07:56 - Apr 20 by felixstowe_jack

Would it apply to both Welsh and other tourist?
Would business men pay it?
Would people working away from home pay it?
Would people in temporary accommodation pay it?
Will seasonal workers pay it?
Will campers pay it?

Hopefully for once you will answer the questions asked.

How much will it cost to employ public sector workers to administer it?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 08:56 - Apr 20 with 605 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 23:28 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

£140 extra for a two week holiday, great idea

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh tourism tax on 09:18 - Apr 20 with 589 viewsonehunglow

Just wondering what the reaction would be if Sion and Sioned were charged to tay in England or have a sales tax to pay when they pay for their furniture,fires,clothes,cars,bikes, and Cheshire Farm Ice Cream becaue they are domiciled over the border.
They could easily put a toll on the A55 expressway westwards .

Welsh tourism tax on 09:45 - Apr 20 with 577 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 09:18 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

Just wondering what the reaction would be if Sion and Sioned were charged to tay in England or have a sales tax to pay when they pay for their furniture,fires,clothes,cars,bikes, and Cheshire Farm Ice Cream becaue they are domiciled over the border.
They could easily put a toll on the A55 expressway westwards .

Sadly it is a one way thing, it's that much seen siege mentality and isolationist stance caused by an invading (P. T.S.D?) English army carrying bows and arrows many centuries ago! They are still singing songs about it.....They are however happy to sell Welsh water!

You only have look at the outrage and anger online when an offer came from the "other side of the border" to pay for desperately required transport infrastructure. That says it all IMO. Better to be an impoverished backwater with appalling infrastructure and a backward economy with an 'enemy' to hate than ever it is to be prosperous and modern!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 11:48]

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 09:55 - Apr 20 with 570 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 08:56 - Apr 20 by raynor94

£140 extra for a two week holiday, great idea

Especially when you bear in mind the tourist industry is already struggling after covid and with the cost of living rises.

You have to pay more for the travelling, more for the place you are going, more for food and drink and entertainment and then, at £2 per night, you have to pay another 28 quid on top when you may already be struggling to have the holiday in the first place.

At £5 per head, per night, it would really have Kilky's desired effect and have English residents saying no, we are not going. For a family of 4 at that £5 per head, per night that's £280 for 2 weeks.

Caravanners and campervanners coming to Wales are already paying a small fortune in extra petrol. English tourists will just go somewhere in England, just what you want eh, kilky.
Welsh tourism tax on 09:57 - Apr 20 with 568 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 09:45 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

Sadly it is a one way thing, it's that much seen siege mentality and isolationist stance caused by an invading (P. T.S.D?) English army carrying bows and arrows many centuries ago! They are still singing songs about it.....They are however happy to sell Welsh water!

You only have look at the outrage and anger online when an offer came from the "other side of the border" to pay for desperately required transport infrastructure. That says it all IMO. Better to be an impoverished backwater with appalling infrastructure and a backward economy with an 'enemy' to hate than ever it is to be prosperous and modern!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 11:48]

Morning.
Yma a hyd is a good little ditty.I picked up the chords and melody within 5 mins althiugh I looked up the rather over sentimental lyrics .It's a great chorus though but like Calon Lan,the majority singing it wont have any idea of the whole lyrics.

Cheshire Oaks is a bigger version of that abortion in Bridgend and takes tens of millions each year from Gogs in coach trips alone.
A day out in Ellesmere Port.

Welsh tourism tax on 10:04 - Apr 20 with 556 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 09:57 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

Morning.
Yma a hyd is a good little ditty.I picked up the chords and melody within 5 mins althiugh I looked up the rather over sentimental lyrics .It's a great chorus though but like Calon Lan,the majority singing it wont have any idea of the whole lyrics.

Cheshire Oaks is a bigger version of that abortion in Bridgend and takes tens of millions each year from Gogs in coach trips alone.
A day out in Ellesmere Port.

These 'Nats' and other lefty loons seem utterly oblivious of how much Wales is reliant on England. Thank you England! FFS the Welsh NHS and Welsh patients would be up sh1t creek without English assistance. But hey the 'Nats' and others either do not know about that or are utterly terrified to admit it! Ungrateful sh1ts!

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 10:27 - Apr 20 with 544 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:47 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

Changed your tune then, Brenda and Keith do exist and they will still come....AND they will spend more money too. Well of course they will, there'll be a tourist tax.

People will notice even a small rise because EVERYTHING is rising and it all adds up. People will choose the better option for them and if that's ignoring Wales and choosing Devon, Cornwall or Cumbria then its Wales' loss.
Welsh tourism tax on 11:15 - Apr 20 with 533 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh tourism tax on 10:27 - Apr 20 by Lorax

Changed your tune then, Brenda and Keith do exist and they will still come....AND they will spend more money too. Well of course they will, there'll be a tourist tax.

People will notice even a small rise because EVERYTHING is rising and it all adds up. People will choose the better option for them and if that's ignoring Wales and choosing Devon, Cornwall or Cumbria then its Wales' loss.

How many on here don't go abroad because they have to pay tourist tax?
Most countries hotels charge it now.
In a few years England will charge it. Wait and see.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh tourism tax on 11:52 - Apr 20 with 523 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 10:04 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

These 'Nats' and other lefty loons seem utterly oblivious of how much Wales is reliant on England. Thank you England! FFS the Welsh NHS and Welsh patients would be up sh1t creek without English assistance. But hey the 'Nats' and others either do not know about that or are utterly terrified to admit it! Ungrateful sh1ts!

Chum of mine bought a derelict house outside Pwllheli and used local builders merchants and Labour to renovate .
They seemed happy to do the work and get the money . They may have then slagged off the Saes to others .
Beats mecwhybanyonecwouldcwantbto buy in an area where you are instantly ostracised just for the language you can speak. It’s not just speaking Welsh either,it’s the type. I can get by with basic stuff learned from my grandparents but it’s South Wales dialect to them,in Nefyn and Bethesda so not as welsh as the welsh they speak.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:33 - Apr 20 with 486 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:35 - Apr 20 with 485 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 10:04 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

You are spot on.

No country in the world can prosper without continued English generosity of spirit.

I mean look at Ireland right …. Oh hang on …. 🤔

Welsh tourism tax on 07:46 - Apr 21 with 424 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:35 - Apr 20 by Kilkennyjack

You are spot on.

No country in the world can prosper without continued English generosity of spirit.

I mean look at Ireland right …. Oh hang on …. 🤔

Would that be the same Ireland who according to a recent report by the EU has the most disadvantage ethnic minority in the EU. Their life expectancy is only 65, less than 1% of their population go onto University and they have a male suicide rate which is the highest in the EU. The Irish Travellers must really think that Ireland is a paradise. Wonder why the Irish government have allowed this to happen.

Welsh tourism tax on 08:17 - Apr 21 with 417 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 07:46 - Apr 21 by felixstowe_jack

Would that be the same Ireland who according to a recent report by the EU has the most disadvantage ethnic minority in the EU. Their life expectancy is only 65, less than 1% of their population go onto University and they have a male suicide rate which is the highest in the EU. The Irish Travellers must really think that Ireland is a paradise. Wonder why the Irish government have allowed this to happen.

Irish Travellers. Now now.

I took our fresh pup for a 1-1 last week and the trainer was discussing microchips and how these "travellers" are experts in removing them and stealing the dog to breed off.They cut off the ears if necessary .Not bothered about selling the dog as they just want to breed.Get pups then kill the dog.

Yep,great .

Welsh tourism tax on 08:25 - Apr 21 with 412 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 07:46 - Apr 21 by felixstowe_jack

No - the Ireland that has seen unprecedented economic and political successes since they removed the dead hand of Westminster from its Celtic shoulders.
Contrast that the the decline in Cymru over the same period.

Cymru cant prosper with Westminster always having its own priorities.

Take Brexit - EU had Ireland at the top table, the UK government would not let Cymru or Scotland in the room. See the difference. Modern and respectful vs dead Empire thinking.

Get on the Indy bus 🚌… you know you want to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024