Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. 14:40 - Apr 13 with 2481 viewsReslovenSwan1

Recruitment at Swansea will get a 7 out of 10 from me. Swansea currently has no debts a beautiful infrastructure a decent academy and an improved recruitment in the last season or so. Andy Scott led this up and reportedly "set up " the new system so it is hoped it will continue to deliver despite the fact he has gone. The Martin / Allen axis is very promising.

The books being kept straight is due to good player trading and selling the academy stars of the 2017 PL2 wining team,

It seems to me thing work better when manager come in with clear ideas of what they want supported by the in house team,

This clearly happened with Flynn, Martinez, Brendan, Laudrup and now Martyn. In these cases there was a close working relationship between the ownership manager and recruitment team.

The outlier here are Potter and Cooper. Potters dealing were terrible and all have gone with big financial losses. Coopers signings on loan were outstanding on the whole but his permanent signings not so good. e.g. Peterson Bennett. In both these cases the bond to the club did not seem integrated. Scott wet with Cooper despite being a club signing and McCauley went to Brighton. There was visible friction between the manger and club in both cases.

Flynn had Reeves as his assistant and a broad knowledge of footballers from the north West England area. This greatly assisted the club development. Trundle Connolly Durkan Wrexham, Robinson Tranmere Martinez ex Wigan etc. The club did not presuambly have recruitment peopl in those days. Tate and Britton from academies.

Kenny Jackett favouring a more pragmatic and muscular style brought i big lads Fallon, Monk, Akinfenwa to get promotion at the expanse of style perhaps. Perhaps these were his picks or the first siges of manager recritment team development.

Marinez immediately reinstated Reeves as his transfer guru and not a man who would stay at the club after Martinez left. Mr Jenkins screwed some extra cash out of Wigan as compensation when he left. Rangel, Gomez other Spanish players were clearly Martinez Reeves. Bodde was reportedly recommended by Van Zweden the former owner unliked in these parts due to the prevailing fake narratives encouraged by Trust members. (I like him).

After Martinez left it was back to square one with a weak recruitment set up and Sousa with surprisingly poor contact book. Jordi Lopez came but did not perform well. Others were clearly from a newly form recruitment team leading to Beattie, Trundle, Kuqi and Idrizaj (RIP) none of whom established themselves.

Brendan has his own contacts via Chelsea seeing the departure of the Sousa picks and the arrival of Sinclair Borini Frank Nouble. Lee Congleton has been mentioned recently. Another era of peace harmony and good relations between club recruitement and manager. Taylor came via an Alan Curtis recommendation. Some European signing (presumably club pick did not do so well Situ never played and Morais a big centre back was not up to scratch). Brendan moulded basically Matrinez players into a formidable unit.

Laudrup ripped up the script sold Joey and Sinclair and used the money for a wave of talented Hispanics. At this time the club it appears had a coherent recruitment team that were happy to to take secondary role. (it seems to me hen the club did its best trading.) Fricition cracks however appeared (probably over commissions payments and overall strategy). In the secod season Bony, Shelvey Amat, Tendalli appear presumably from the club with Canas Sheckter Lamah and Alvaro via Luadrup. When things went wrong recruitment was a big issue.

Monk came in and left recruitment to the club with perhaps a limited contacts book. Some real bad signing were made Tabanou, Eder . Gomis was a good signing on a "free" on huge wages. He was signed to replace Bony. Sigurdson was obviusly a great signing between the club and Monk. Monk as his carreer developed improved his contacts and changed the history of Leeds utd by signing Hernandez.

Guidolin openly stated the recruitment was not his business and Borja and Fer were signed. Guidolin openly stated he knew nothing of Fer but was impressed with him. It is reported that Guidolin did push for Llorente and recommended Paloshi on loan when Gomis s work rate was questioned.

Clement again was not driven to push the club to pick player of his choice. Sanches was a disaster. Abraham as not ready. He did not have the kudos to block Bony, Clucas, Mesa and co. Carlos did have some club contacts but could not deliver Gamero and co with Swansea rock bottom.

We now have Martin with Mr Allen a high profile club man to support him. Martin did not throw his toys out of the pram in January when he did not get what he wanted. This seems to me to be a promising period in the 20 year recruitment story. Harmony and working together is best with a manager who knows who and what he wants and a scouting team willing to back him. Like the Brenda era. Piroe, Obafemi, Downes ,Patterson look good picks. Fisher should improve and O'Riley the one that got away is doing well in Scotland.

History has shown it is almost as vital not to make bad signings as it is to make good ones. Potter signed McKay, John, Asoro and Celina. £7m down the pan. Cooper / Martin would have done serious s damage with that budget.

Memory plays tricks so there may be an inaccuracy or to in there.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 14:46]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 1299 viewsKilkennyjack

I prefer to applaud Shaun Macca, Jazz, Ben, Rodon, and Roberts as our meaningful local Academy products in the last 20 years.

Thats nowhere near enough given the massive investments made to date.
If we produced our own, then less chance we would buy dross like Clucas.

Brilliant signings include ….. Ash, Rangel, Dyer, Routs, Siggy, Leon, Trunds, Bony, JDG, Scotty, and the big Pole in the goal. Youth signings James and McBurnie - although the later is a let down these days.

Pawel abbott was the worst signing in last 20 years,
Craig Beattie also shocking.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:02 - Apr 13 with 1275 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 16:38 - Apr 13 by Kilkennyjack

I prefer to applaud Shaun Macca, Jazz, Ben, Rodon, and Roberts as our meaningful local Academy products in the last 20 years.

Brilliant signings include ….. Ash, Rangel, Dyer, Routs, Siggy, Leon, Trunds, Bony, JDG, Scotty, and the big Pole in the goal. Youth signings James and McBurnie - although the later is a let down these days.

Difficult to dispute most of that to be fair, however Clucas was far from dross, just way over price, that wasn't his fault. Buying back Bony and Ayew for roughly the same as what we sold them for was utter madness. Then you through in Tabanou, Eder, Messa & Baston, it was disastrous transfer dealings which ultimately cost us.
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:03 - Apr 13 with 1275 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 16:38 - Apr 13 by Kilkennyjack

Your dislike of the academy is not consistent with your political beliefs of local independence and freedom from London rule (if I have got that right?) .

The academy is not just about delivering players. It also has a social angle of giving talented mostly local kids a chance in the sport and a good education grounding. Integrating with the community. The wretched Trust have worked against this aim with their recent dalliance with London legal people. The fact that it has not produced enough player for your liking means it should be improved not abolished.

You argument supports the notion that the local kids are not talented enough. It is noticeable that South West Wales has not produce a target man centre forward of any talent since John Hartson who went to Luton. Strapping centre backs in big number but no no 9.

It is noticeable in Wales u15, u16, u17 u18 and u19 teams Cardiff city have 5-7 players whereas Swansea has 1 or 2

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:10 - Apr 13 with 1271 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:02 - Apr 13 by Treforys_Jack

Difficult to dispute most of that to be fair, however Clucas was far from dross, just way over price, that wasn't his fault. Buying back Bony and Ayew for roughly the same as what we sold them for was utter madness. Then you through in Tabanou, Eder, Messa & Baston, it was disastrous transfer dealings which ultimately cost us.

Bony was sold for £28m and bought back for a reported £12m. He was not fit for purpose and now receiving treatment in the Nethelands on full pay. If he was fit he should have played for Newport county.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:13 - Apr 13 with 1268 viewsChief

"Van Zweden the former owner unliked in these parts due to the prevailing fake narratives encouraged by Trust members. (I like him).

The same Van Zweden who publically likened Piroe to Aiden Newhouse? And you like this man? And you think to praise him on a thread about recruitment?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:16 - Apr 13 with 1265 viewsmajorraglan

Some very poor business in the last few years of the PL, the subsequent financial fall out cost the club what should have been it’s best chance of getting back to the PL. (IMHO) of course.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 17:17]
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:16 - Apr 13 with 1265 viewsChief

And the real lesson of the thread is that the best recruitment occurred when managers were allowed to sign their own men via their own contacts.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:20 - Apr 13 with 1261 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:13 - Apr 13 by Chief

"Van Zweden the former owner unliked in these parts due to the prevailing fake narratives encouraged by Trust members. (I like him).

The same Van Zweden who publically likened Piroe to Aiden Newhouse? And you like this man? And you think to praise him on a thread about recruitment?

innit
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:28 - Apr 13 with 1248 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a lot of jealousy about, welcome back 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:06 - Apr 13 with 1235 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:28 - Apr 13 by KeithHaynes

There’s a lot of jealousy about, welcome back 👍

The clown (JVZ, not Resloven) has provided plenty of opportunities over the years to dislike him besides jealousy.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:32 - Apr 13 with 1219 viewsWhiterockin

I would like to throw in Kevin Amankwaah as an option for worst signing.
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:53 - Apr 13 with 1204 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:32 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

Good shout, saw his debut in a pre season friendly and thought , there has to be more to his game surely.
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 20:15 - Apr 13 with 1185 viewsReslovenSwan1

He made a twitter mistake it happens. Was spot on about Bodde though. You were going to drag him through the courts until your representative ran up the white flag. Talked the talk but did not walk the walk. I took them about 6 years wasting time and money.

The Trust actually gave up when they realised they would have to ask the brave members for extra money.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 1184 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:53 - Apr 13 by Treforys_Jack

Good shout, saw his debut in a pre season friendly and thought , there has to be more to his game surely.

From memory he was signed as a centre back and Jackett played him at full back.

Jackett was like Mick McCarthy and wanted as many centre backs in the team as possible. I do recall one game where Amamkwah and Austin were fullback Irikpen and the 6ft 6 in Trinadadian centre backs and Tate and O'Leary def midfield. It was not pretty.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 20:32 - Apr 13 with 1177 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 20:15 - Apr 13 by ReslovenSwan1

He made a twitter mistake it happens. Was spot on about Bodde though. You were going to drag him through the courts until your representative ran up the white flag. Talked the talk but did not walk the walk. I took them about 6 years wasting time and money.

The Trust actually gave up when they realised they would have to ask the brave members for extra money.

Why are you banging on about the trust and the case again? This is thread about recruitment. I didn't mention the trust or the case. Why are you incapable of letting it go?

It was a shocking, embarrassing and unprofessional 'mistake' to make. And and entirely related to recruitment so it's utterly ridiculous you decide to laud him on this thread.

Baiting and tweeting swans about tickets he's got that aren't on sale after he's sold out as well as magically securing vast amount of tickets to sell as part of his package trips from the Netherlands when they haven't gone on general sale over here were certainly not 'mistakes'. And of course that's without me mentioning his part in the deplorable sellout for he recently settled admitting guilt.

But of course.... Hes got a fan in Resloven.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 22:07 - Apr 13 with 1139 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 18:32 - Apr 13 by Whiterockin

I was going to add him but i could not spell his name. Great shout.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 22:10 - Apr 13 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:03 - Apr 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Your dislike of the academy is not consistent with your political beliefs of local independence and freedom from London rule (if I have got that right?) .

The academy is not just about delivering players. It also has a social angle of giving talented mostly local kids a chance in the sport and a good education grounding. Integrating with the community. The wretched Trust have worked against this aim with their recent dalliance with London legal people. The fact that it has not produced enough player for your liking means it should be improved not abolished.

You argument supports the notion that the local kids are not talented enough. It is noticeable that South West Wales has not produce a target man centre forward of any talent since John Hartson who went to Luton. Strapping centre backs in big number but no no 9.

It is noticeable in Wales u15, u16, u17 u18 and u19 teams Cardiff city have 5-7 players whereas Swansea has 1 or 2

Poor coaching maybe, the talent is certainly there.

Bale, Rambo, Joey, Gunter, Ben, Jazz, Rodon, Roberts, Colwill … no there is footballing talent in south wales.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 22:11]

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 22:21 - Apr 13 with 1126 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 20:32 - Apr 13 by Chief

Why are you banging on about the trust and the case again? This is thread about recruitment. I didn't mention the trust or the case. Why are you incapable of letting it go?

It was a shocking, embarrassing and unprofessional 'mistake' to make. And and entirely related to recruitment so it's utterly ridiculous you decide to laud him on this thread.

Baiting and tweeting swans about tickets he's got that aren't on sale after he's sold out as well as magically securing vast amount of tickets to sell as part of his package trips from the Netherlands when they haven't gone on general sale over here were certainly not 'mistakes'. And of course that's without me mentioning his part in the deplorable sellout for he recently settled admitting guilt.

But of course.... Hes got a fan in Resloven.

I like De Zweden. He is feisty and like me will face up to the fake narratives and trolls of the internet forum boards. I do not bother with the various spats on Twitter which are child's play for adults and not to be taken too seriously.

a) He invested big money for him in the club out of love for the club. I respect that. The club needed the money

b) He identified Ferrie Bodde as A Swansea player. Had he not got injured he would have been one of the best

c) No one remembers the 20-30 Dutch fans he bought to the Vetch and Liberty in the old days when crowds were poor and the club needed every Euro it could get. There was plenty of space then. Good for hotels and KLM and Rhoose airport too.

Fans forget too easily.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 22:23]

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 23:02 - Apr 13 with 1102 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 22:21 - Apr 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I like De Zweden. He is feisty and like me will face up to the fake narratives and trolls of the internet forum boards. I do not bother with the various spats on Twitter which are child's play for adults and not to be taken too seriously.

a) He invested big money for him in the club out of love for the club. I respect that. The club needed the money

b) He identified Ferrie Bodde as A Swansea player. Had he not got injured he would have been one of the best

c) No one remembers the 20-30 Dutch fans he bought to the Vetch and Liberty in the old days when crowds were poor and the club needed every Euro it could get. There was plenty of space then. Good for hotels and KLM and Rhoose airport too.

Fans forget too easily.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 22:23]

No he doesn't, he runs away, blocks people and ignores people when he is challenged. You may not but your mate JVZ certainly does and he enjoys instigating them.

a) you mean he bought shares. He didn't put money into the club. He took out huge multiples of the figure he paid for his shares in dividends.

b) but he did get injured and unfortunately never got beyond Championship level. At the start of this season he unprofessionally and stupidly wrote off one of our players who probably will make it beyond Championship level.

c) that makes zero difference whatsoever to scandals that followed. Just because some Dutch came to watch us occasionally in the lower didn't give him the right to procure more tickets far more often to enrich himself years later at the expense of jack army members.

Sycophants like you choose to ignore facts is what you mean.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 23:14 - Apr 13 with 1098 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 23:02 - Apr 13 by Chief

No he doesn't, he runs away, blocks people and ignores people when he is challenged. You may not but your mate JVZ certainly does and he enjoys instigating them.

a) you mean he bought shares. He didn't put money into the club. He took out huge multiples of the figure he paid for his shares in dividends.

b) but he did get injured and unfortunately never got beyond Championship level. At the start of this season he unprofessionally and stupidly wrote off one of our players who probably will make it beyond Championship level.

c) that makes zero difference whatsoever to scandals that followed. Just because some Dutch came to watch us occasionally in the lower didn't give him the right to procure more tickets far more often to enrich himself years later at the expense of jack army members.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-could-de

Another 'mistake'?

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 00:02 - Apr 14 with 1081 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 23:14 - Apr 13 by Chief

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-could-de

Another 'mistake'?

Defending another seller, hmmmm very odd, not like res at all.
Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 12:31 - Apr 14 with 1014 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 23:02 - Apr 13 by Chief

You post again shows a lack of worldliness. JVZ invested in Swansea city when many locals thought it was madness. He gave the club several tens of thousands of his own money for Huw Jenkins to spend in the dark days of 2002. His money was partly used to sign Tate who left last year and Leon Britton still at the club. He put his money where his mouth is. Walked the walk. He left in in the club for 14 years getting very little in dividends.

He brings over 45 Dutch people to Swansea. They fly KLM they use Rhoose CWL they use Edwards coaches, they stay in Morgans Hotel. the buy SCFC ticket and eat on the concourse, they drink in Wind street. They might even get in some shopping. Business is business for Swansea.

I do not know the man but he has been very good for Swansea. His spat with Van Gaal was hilarious from the outside. These guys have skins like rhinos. Go to Old Trafford insult the manager and win. Just the ticket. Perhaps you would prefer being called a pervert by their fans and take a 0-5 hiding and fawn over Sir Alex. (Still earning £2m a year to keep him sweet- yuck)

JVZ brought Dutch fans to Swansea for over a decade giving the club useful extra cash. The Trust should also look at potential income exercises off the back of the club for capital but lack the necessary business acumen.

I have recommended they get help from a business consultant to understand their constitution and develop a business plan to protect their £1m cash from inflation currently at 7%. They like JVZ could create income off the back of the business they partly own. This is easy when relations are good.

One idea is n buying property in Swansea and leasing them to the club. Tn Trust themselves could be doing fund raising supporter hospitality packages at discounted rates for members. People like Silverstein and co make money easily and could do wonders with $2m.

You are sycophant of the committee culture that exists in south Wales. You were telling me a while ago that their were about to announce the court case any day. That was off the radar 6 months before. You were sold a pup. This is a dull organisation fat overweight that gets no exercise and just complains as its arteries slowly clogs up.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 12:44]

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 978 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 12:31 - Apr 14 by ReslovenSwan1

You post again shows a lack of worldliness. JVZ invested in Swansea city when many locals thought it was madness. He gave the club several tens of thousands of his own money for Huw Jenkins to spend in the dark days of 2002. His money was partly used to sign Tate who left last year and Leon Britton still at the club. He put his money where his mouth is. Walked the walk. He left in in the club for 14 years getting very little in dividends.

He brings over 45 Dutch people to Swansea. They fly KLM they use Rhoose CWL they use Edwards coaches, they stay in Morgans Hotel. the buy SCFC ticket and eat on the concourse, they drink in Wind street. They might even get in some shopping. Business is business for Swansea.

I do not know the man but he has been very good for Swansea. His spat with Van Gaal was hilarious from the outside. These guys have skins like rhinos. Go to Old Trafford insult the manager and win. Just the ticket. Perhaps you would prefer being called a pervert by their fans and take a 0-5 hiding and fawn over Sir Alex. (Still earning £2m a year to keep him sweet- yuck)

JVZ brought Dutch fans to Swansea for over a decade giving the club useful extra cash. The Trust should also look at potential income exercises off the back of the club for capital but lack the necessary business acumen.

I have recommended they get help from a business consultant to understand their constitution and develop a business plan to protect their £1m cash from inflation currently at 7%. They like JVZ could create income off the back of the business they partly own. This is easy when relations are good.

One idea is n buying property in Swansea and leasing them to the club. Tn Trust themselves could be doing fund raising supporter hospitality packages at discounted rates for members. People like Silverstein and co make money easily and could do wonders with $2m.

You are sycophant of the committee culture that exists in south Wales. You were telling me a while ago that their were about to announce the court case any day. That was off the radar 6 months before. You were sold a pup. This is a dull organisation fat overweight that gets no exercise and just complains as its arteries slowly clogs up.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 12:44]

- ah I apparently lack worldliness but you seem to laud JvZs complete scarcity of it and he was a part owner of the club. Embarrassing.
- invested=bought sharss
- he personally paid for transfer fees and wages for Britton and Tate? Do you work for the Tory government or something? This delusion and lack of truth is very similar.
- He had more dividends out than he paid for his shares.
- yes for his own good.
- your hero Huw disagreed. Terrible lack of class and professionalisn from which he obviously hasn't learnt
- the trust have given up its chance to be relevant. For once I agree the people running it do lack acumen.
- you're doing your deliberately silly act again. You expect the trust to buy property with the 500k it's got. How many properties will they buy with that then? Who'll oversee the maintenance? Do you think these things through?
- I told you what the trust told all its members. That the papers were served. That wasn't false. The current board were sold a pup and sold out . Sounds familiar. I criticise them whereas you are incapable of looking at the sellouts and Americans in a balanced manner twisting every error into an achievement like a previous pathetic fan boy.

But this is a recruitment thread. And when JvZ decided to last comment or involve himself in the club's recruitment he likened Piroe to Aiden Newhouse.

Enough said
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 14:08]

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 942 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 14:05 - Apr 14 by Chief

- ah I apparently lack worldliness but you seem to laud JvZs complete scarcity of it and he was a part owner of the club. Embarrassing.
- invested=bought sharss
- he personally paid for transfer fees and wages for Britton and Tate? Do you work for the Tory government or something? This delusion and lack of truth is very similar.
- He had more dividends out than he paid for his shares.
- yes for his own good.
- your hero Huw disagreed. Terrible lack of class and professionalisn from which he obviously hasn't learnt
- the trust have given up its chance to be relevant. For once I agree the people running it do lack acumen.
- you're doing your deliberately silly act again. You expect the trust to buy property with the 500k it's got. How many properties will they buy with that then? Who'll oversee the maintenance? Do you think these things through?
- I told you what the trust told all its members. That the papers were served. That wasn't false. The current board were sold a pup and sold out . Sounds familiar. I criticise them whereas you are incapable of looking at the sellouts and Americans in a balanced manner twisting every error into an achievement like a previous pathetic fan boy.

But this is a recruitment thread. And when JvZ decided to last comment or involve himself in the club's recruitment he likened Piroe to Aiden Newhouse.

Enough said
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 14:08]

The new Trust board considered the deal on the table to be illogical and put at risk their organisation. They were advised that on top of huge fees they would need extra money to fund the case. This would come from members (very unlikely) or selling their existing shares. Members were sold the dream of a free hit. It was not possible.

It was way too risky. It always was. I said so often. It is a tough world for losers and people that prefer biblical rhetoric over logic. The best way is via good advice a calm demeanor and sensible forward planing. I again suggest the commissioning of a report by a business consultant to mitigate the effects of inflation. An options report can then be put to the members taking into account the limitation of the Model rules.

JvZ was shrewd enough to networks with the other directors and cashed in for millions. The Trust failed to do this. The Trust however is fortunate in that PL teams go for twice what Swansea want for these days and can afford to wait.

The trust backed the wrong horse (not for the first time ) and envisaged a sinking ship. It is not sinking. The loser mentality causes jealously and resentment. The mentality should be one of education and learning and not repeating past mistakes. Knowing who to believe is the first point of call. Getting professional business advice is the first step.

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 17:51 - Apr 14 with 905 viewsChief

Swansea city recruitment over the last 20 years. on 15:36 - Apr 14 by ReslovenSwan1

The new Trust board considered the deal on the table to be illogical and put at risk their organisation. They were advised that on top of huge fees they would need extra money to fund the case. This would come from members (very unlikely) or selling their existing shares. Members were sold the dream of a free hit. It was not possible.

It was way too risky. It always was. I said so often. It is a tough world for losers and people that prefer biblical rhetoric over logic. The best way is via good advice a calm demeanor and sensible forward planing. I again suggest the commissioning of a report by a business consultant to mitigate the effects of inflation. An options report can then be put to the members taking into account the limitation of the Model rules.

JvZ was shrewd enough to networks with the other directors and cashed in for millions. The Trust failed to do this. The Trust however is fortunate in that PL teams go for twice what Swansea want for these days and can afford to wait.

The trust backed the wrong horse (not for the first time ) and envisaged a sinking ship. It is not sinking. The loser mentality causes jealously and resentment. The mentality should be one of education and learning and not repeating past mistakes. Knowing who to believe is the first point of call. Getting professional business advice is the first step.

All rubbish that's been disproved that has no connection to recruitment. Just constant propaganda. What for I dont know. The sell ours admitted guilt - it's over.

The trust networked with directors constantly. To the point that they were constantly under fire for being too cosy with the other owners so that's yet more cachu. The Trust were close with them and the sellouts still did the dirty on them.

The trust have backed the wrong horse yes. The one they could have backed had a chance at becoming a top class filly. The one they've created needs to be put out to pasture.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024