Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties this season. 21:10 - Apr 13 with 5570 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who are the only two Clubs not to have been awarded a penalty this season in the championship.

Swansea and Cardiff

Is that a coincidence?

The average number of penalties award to each team this season in the championship is 4

Middlesbrough are the only team not to have conceded a penalty this season

Only two other teams have not been awarded a penalty this season in the other 3 divisions Burnley and Port Vale

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Penalties this season. on 11:04 - May 23 with 915 viewstheloneranger

We went 56 games in the Premier League without a penalty.

Michael Laudrup said at the time ... "Maybe the fans and everybody here should buy a t-shirt to say that - "I was there when Swansea got a penalty"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Penalties this season. on 12:29 - May 23 with 869 viewstrampie

John Toshack used to go on about English only officials and how from the point Swans went top of the entire football league decisions even more so went against them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Penalties this season. on 12:33 - May 23 with 860 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 11:04 - May 23 by theloneranger

Michael Laudrup said at the time ... "Maybe the fans and everybody here should buy a t-shirt to say that - "I was there when Swansea got a penalty"

......The following season we were in the top half of penalties being awarded, 1 less than Man Utd.

Then after another skinny penalty season we were awarded the third most in the league.

That's football. I don't know why people think we have to be given loads every season or its some sort of conspiracy.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Penalties this season. on 12:46 - May 23 with 843 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 11:04 - May 23 by theloneranger

That is an amazing stat but not surprising unfortunately.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Penalties this season. on 12:51 - May 23 with 837 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 12:46 - May 23 by trampie

That is an amazing stat but not surprising unfortunately.

Not that amazing and you are right, not surprising.

Several teams go without having a penalty all season. Would be odd if it wasn't us now and again.

Penalties this season. on 13:11 - May 23 with 824 viewstrampie

That is not a season it is a season plus another half a season of Premier League football.
Was that in the Bony, Dyer, De Guzman era I wonder....hmm, season and a half of league games without a penalty kick in the Premier League with a good team, ties in with the general trend of Swansea's history of not getting as many decisions from English only officials as we should I would say.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 13:12]

Penalties this season. on 13:42 - May 23 with 805 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 13:11 - May 23 by trampie

That is not a season it is a season plus another half a season of Premier League football.
Was that in the Bony, Dyer, De Guzman era I wonder....hmm, season and a half of league games without a penalty kick in the Premier League with a good team, ties in with the general trend of Swansea's history of not getting as many decisions from English only officials as we should I would say.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 13:12]

Completely normal, we then went on to have the third highest amount in the Premier League.

When we don't get many its not an anti-Welsh conspiracy, when we get loads it isn't a pro-Welsh conspiracy.

Penalties this season. on 13:47 - May 23 with 804 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think you said the average penalties awarded per team was 4.

Since being relegated we have averaged 6 a season. Well above that average.

Has to be among the highest average in the league. It would undoubtedly be a lot more too if Russell Martin didn't impose his negative tactics on us.

Login to get fewer ads

Penalties this season. on 15:06 - May 23 with 753 viewsDr_Parnassus

I say it, funnily enough, when I have no idea what you are talking about.

I gave you a fact around the players that attract the most penalty decisions. All have pace and trickery and made a prediction that it would show when we look at the players than earn the most penalties.

The top 3 all fit the description, yet you responded with the fact they whinge. It made absolutely no sense to the discussion.

Whether you would prefer this type of player and get penalties or otherwise is completely irrelevant. These are the types of players that do attract them, we don’t have any.

Same as Sinclair, James and Dyer who were also all called divers in their time with us. They put themselves into situations where they can either play for contact, get contact or simulate contact.

The discussion isn’t about whether you like this type of player or not.

Penalties this season. on 16:14 - May 23 with 726 viewsLorax

Penalties this season. on 05:42 - May 23 by trampie

The more attacks in the box the more likelihood you would think of pens and in my time there was centre forwards like Toshack, Waddle, Jeremy Charles (make shift), Bob Latchford, wide men like Leighton James, Alan Curtis, attacking mids like Robbie James, even fullbacks like Jimmy getting forward (rare in that era), a very attacking time period in Swans history, did the Swans get their fair share of penalties all things considered ?, all things considered I think not.

Most of us on her are that age group, we grew up watching the team rise through the divisions but t was a very different time, I don't think (though anyone with the inclination can research it to prove me wrong) there were as many penalties given generally back then as you were allowed to tackle, you could in fact kick someone up in the air and not be penalised/punished.

Many of us remember Tommy Smith on Ardiles!
Penalties this season. on 16:39 - May 23 with 713 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 16:14 - May 23 by Lorax

Most of us on her are that age group, we grew up watching the team rise through the divisions but t was a very different time, I don't think (though anyone with the inclination can research it to prove me wrong) there were as many penalties given generally back then as you were allowed to tackle, you could in fact kick someone up in the air and not be penalised/punished.

Many of us remember Tommy Smith on Ardiles!

Yes I agree I don't think there was as many penalties back then as now, but it's all relative to what other teams were getting.

Penalties this season. on 17:09 - May 23 with 701 viewsSTID2017

Penalties this season. on 15:06 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I say it, funnily enough, when I have no idea what you are talking about.

I gave you a fact around the players that attract the most penalty decisions. All have pace and trickery and made a prediction that it would show when we look at the players than earn the most penalties.

The top 3 all fit the description, yet you responded with the fact they whinge. It made absolutely no sense to the discussion.

Whether you would prefer this type of player and get penalties or otherwise is completely irrelevant. These are the types of players that do attract them, we don’t have any.

Same as Sinclair, James and Dyer who were also all called divers in their time with us. They put themselves into situations where they can either play for contact, get contact or simulate contact.

The discussion isn’t about whether you like this type of player or not.

You don't get to dictate what discussions are about.
I have added valid points to the discussion.
It is a forum where all opinions are valid and welcome.
Please learn and remember that for future replies to posters.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Penalties this season. on 18:13 - May 23 with 677 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 17:09 - May 23 by STID2017

You don't get to dictate what discussions are about.
I have added valid points to the discussion.
It is a forum where all opinions are valid and welcome.
Please learn and remember that for future replies to posters.

You are welcome to change the subject if you wish.

But if you do so without linking it to the discussion at all then posters will not understand what you are talking about.

I absolutely can dictate the points I’m making and you cannot dictate to me what my points should be instead. My point was the type of players that win penalties, you wanted me to change my examples to ones you would prefer to play for us. I’m afraid I was not discussing that so your point was irrelevant.

Worth remembering for future replies when you get the urge to change the subject again.

So once again, the types of players that get penalties tend to be fast players with quick feet. Something we had in days gone by that we no longer have.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 18:26]

Penalties this season. on 18:17 - May 23 with 674 viewsWhiterockin

Penalties this season. on 18:13 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

But if you do so without linking it to the discussion at all then posters will not understand what you are talking about.

I absolutely can dictate the points I’m making and you cannot dictate to me what my points should be instead. My point was the type of players that win penalties, you wanted me to change my examples to ones you would prefer to play for us. I’m afraid I was not discussing that so your point was irrelevant.

Worth remembering for future replies when you get the urge to change the subject again.

So once again, the types of players that get penalties tend to be fast players with quick feet. Something we had in days gone by that we no longer have.

Obafemi?
Penalties this season. on 18:24 - May 23 with 659 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 18:17 - May 23 by Whiterockin

Obafemi?

Yep I’m sure he will get the odd penalty, sadly there is only one of him.

He won our penalty this season of course, it’s not a coincidence.

Penalties this season. on 18:36 - May 23 with 649 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

If VAR was in play I reckon we would have got about ten more penalties than we did. Some of the challenges on Laird early in the season were absolute stone wallers.
Penalties this season. on 18:57 - May 23 with 634 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 18:36 - May 23 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

If VAR was in play I reckon we would have got about ten more penalties than we did. Some of the challenges on Laird early in the season were absolute stone wallers.

Some may argue it’s evening itself out against a lot of Ayews penalties last season, another player with quick feet that invites challenges.

I seem to remember us being given a last gasp penalty at Stoke after Naughton tripped himself up

Penalties this season. on 19:21 - May 23 with 617 viewsSTID2017

Penalties this season. on 18:13 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

You are trying to dictate what everyone else can discuss.
You cannot do that.
As to your point, you chose three strikers ( for strikers read cheating, diving, whinging barstewards ) who are in the top echelons of the English league.
To compare them with players from a Championship team is farcical.

It is like comparing the finest champagne with own brand supermarket plonk

Penalties this season. on 19:24 - May 23 with 614 viewsWhiterockin

Penalties this season. on 18:24 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep I’m sure he will get the odd penalty, sadly there is only one of him.

He won our penalty this season of course, it’s not a coincidence.

So we do have a fast player with quick feet.

I thought you said we no longer have.
Penalties this season. on 19:28 - May 23 with 611 viewsSTID2017

Penalties this season. on 18:57 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Some may argue it’s evening itself out against a lot of Ayews penalties last season, another player with quick feet that invites challenges.

I seem to remember us being given a last gasp penalty at Stoke after Naughton tripped himself up

Do you really support Swans ?
Serious question.
You seem to do nothing but bash Swans players, managers and fans.
Are you sure you are not a Nottingham Forest supporter?

Penalties this season. on 19:39 - May 23 with 596 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 19:24 - May 23 by Whiterockin

So we do have a fast player with quick feet.

I thought you said we no longer have.

I wouldn’t say he has quick feet, would you? Any examples?

His touch is pretty poor, but makes up for it with speed. So no, I wouldn’t say we have any quick players with quick feet.

Dyer, Sinclair and Dan James all had pace and quick feet. We no longer have anyone in that mould, as I said.

Penalties this season. on 19:41 - May 23 with 592 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 19:28 - May 23 by STID2017

Do you really support Swans ?
Serious question.
You seem to do nothing but bash Swans players, managers and fans.
Are you sure you are not a Nottingham Forest supporter?

Who am I bashing here? You are making things up again, we have been here before.

Stop being silly STID, you have been told before about this kind of nonsense.

Penalties this season. on 19:54 - May 23 with 578 viewsWhiterockin

Penalties this season. on 19:39 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I wouldn’t say he has quick feet, would you? Any examples?

His touch is pretty poor, but makes up for it with speed. So no, I wouldn’t say we have any quick players with quick feet.

Dyer, Sinclair and Dan James all had pace and quick feet. We no longer have anyone in that mould, as I said.

Yes I would say he has quick feet. The way he moves the ball to get a shot away is excellent. Piroe has similar quick feet to get shots away but lacks pace.
Penalties this season. on 19:56 - May 23 with 691 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 19:21 - May 23 by STID2017

You are trying to dictate what everyone else can discuss.
You cannot do that.
As to your point, you chose three strikers ( for strikers read cheating, diving, whinging barstewards ) who are in the top echelons of the English league.
To compare them with players from a Championship team is farcical.

It is like comparing the finest champagne with own brand supermarket plonk

I’m not doing anything of the sort, read what I just said again.

I made the point regarding the “type” of player that gets penalties. Fast and tricky players. I have three examples of those types of players and they were all among the top penalty earners upon checking, proving that point.

You said they cheat on occasion. I reminded you that isn’t what we are discussing. We are discussing the types of players that win penalties; not players you would like to play for us. It’s a different discussion altogether - one which you are entitled to have, but you can’t change my discussion or my examples to suit.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding comparing top echelon players to championship players. I’m talking about “type” not ability. Brennan Johnson would be of this “type”, he is a championship player, Scott Sinclair was of this “type” he was a championship player, Nathan Duer was of this “type”, he was a championship player, Dan James was of this “type”, he was a championship player - need I go on?

Fast and tricky players exist outside of the top echelon you know.

Penalties this season. on 19:58 - May 23 with 689 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 19:54 - May 23 by Whiterockin

Yes I would say he has quick feet. The way he moves the ball to get a shot away is excellent. Piroe has similar quick feet to get shots away but lacks pace.

I certainly would not describe Obafemi as having quick feet. If he did not have pace he would struggle to beat a man.

Someone like Dyer however could beat a man at walking pace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024