Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties this season. 21:10 - Apr 13 with 5569 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who are the only two Clubs not to have been awarded a penalty this season in the championship.

Swansea and Cardiff

Is that a coincidence?

The average number of penalties award to each team this season in the championship is 4

Middlesbrough are the only team not to have conceded a penalty this season

Only two other teams have not been awarded a penalty this season in the other 3 divisions Burnley and Port Vale

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Penalties this season. on 20:02 - May 23 with 677 viewsWhiterockin

Penalties this season. on 19:58 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I certainly would not describe Obafemi as having quick feet. If he did not have pace he would struggle to beat a man.

Someone like Dyer however could beat a man at walking pace.

Clearly we see things differently, Obi's and Piroes feet and movement are excellent.

I'll leave it there and we can agree to differ.
Penalties this season. on 20:05 - May 23 with 665 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 20:02 - May 23 by Whiterockin

Clearly we see things differently, Obi's and Piroes feet and movement are excellent.

I'll leave it there and we can agree to differ.

Movement has nothing to do with quick feet. We are talking about flair and trickery.

I’ve never seen Obafemi move a ball with flair or trickery once. His touch is pretty terrible but he makes up for it with speed, the ball bounces off him and has been spoken about several times on the match day threads.

He is lethal in and around the box however and his pace causes problems. But he won’t be confusing any defenders with fancy footwork that’s for sure.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Penalties this season. on 20:58 - May 23 with 616 viewsSTID2017

Keith has never told me directly or indirectly to stop being abusive.
However I am not being abusive just by pointing out facts about you.
No intention of putting you on ignore.
As for bringing points up, if I or other posters choose to do so, that is our prerogative.
If they upset you so much, maybe you should not answer those posts or posters.
It isn't compulsory you know ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Penalties this season. on 21:21 - May 23 with 597 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Penalties this season. on 18:57 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Some may argue it’s evening itself out against a lot of Ayews penalties last season, another player with quick feet that invites challenges.

I seem to remember us being given a last gasp penalty at Stoke after Naughton tripped himself up

There are a lot of players found out by VAR though. Rashfords usefulness for Manchester United is negligible now he can’t throw himself down and get automatic penalties anymore.
Penalties this season. on 03:18 - May 24 with 555 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 20:58 - May 23 by STID2017

Keith has never told me directly or indirectly to stop being abusive.
However I am not being abusive just by pointing out facts about you.
No intention of putting you on ignore.
As for bringing points up, if I or other posters choose to do so, that is our prerogative.
If they upset you so much, maybe you should not answer those posts or posters.
It isn't compulsory you know ?

I have seen posts from ownership who have had to step in because if your constant name calling and abuse. In response to them you have said “I’ll walk away from now on”.

Yet here you are, back to your old ways of name calling, abuse and bullying simply because someone doesn’t know what you are talking about every time you try and change someone’s point to suit one you would prefer to talk about - even though it has nothing to do with the discussion.

You can bring whatever points you like up, but you can’t change mine or expect me to know what on earth you are talking about. That’s what you tried to do here which got you all flustered and angry again, dragging threads down with personal nonsense.

Upset? You are the one name calling again, all I’ve said is that I have no idea what you are talking about - as you are joining in a conversation you don’t appear to understand. You can do that as much as you like, but you can’t make someone agree with you or think your point has any relevance.

I said to a few people privately that you making a song and dance about taking me off ignore and being nice as pie for a week or two is just an act. Someone like you is bored and need to seek out the conflict - I said you would be back to normal within a fortnight dragging threads down with personal nonsense the second they don’t go your way.

I would say that’s about spot on.

Penalties this season. on 03:45 - May 24 with 546 viewsDr_Parnassus

So back to the thread.

Penalties are won by fast and tricky players more than any other, forcing defenders to make challenges in awkward areas. We have had plenty of them in the past but don’t really have any now.

That, with the combination of not spending much time in the opponents box is the reason why we don’t get many penalties, and we will continue to not get any unless we change our personnel and system. We don’t have a God given right to be given a load just for turning up.

We need to return to fast wingers with a bit of skill and an ability to beat a man. These players were key in our rise to the Premier League yet are being shunned from the side by Martin who appears to prefer the slow approach.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024