Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! 08:00 - Apr 14 with 3262 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! 14th Apr 2022 08:00
Over the past ten games Swansea City have enjoyed play off form, and over the last six it’s automatic promotion for the swans along with Nottingham Forest. We have all seen the games which have made this current run of form so inspiring, not only to the fans but clearly the whole thing is rubbing off on the players as well. 0

Click above.
Twistery click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:35 - Apr 14 with 1978 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Finally Martin had learnt the lessons from earlier on in the season.
Faster passing, passing forward and quick balls to use the pace up front as well as playing our defenders in their correct positions.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:46 - Apr 14 with 1965 viewsbuilthjack

The players have now gelled and are understanding the system.its taken some of them a lot longer than it should, but they have got there. It's a simple system really, but if players have never played it, which is crazy really, then they find it hard to get into. An example is an old fashioned centre half Bennett, who will find it almost impossible to ay this way week in and week out.
Kids should be taught the passing game from 4 years old upwards. But parents prefer their team to win 10-0 by banging up to the best player in the team and him scoring.
It's why there are so many foreigners in the English game.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 8:51]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:55 - Apr 14 with 1913 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:35 - Apr 14 by felixstowe_jack

Faster passing, passing forward and quick balls to use the pace up front as well as playing our defenders in their correct positions.

Indeed, imagine if we had played this system months ago like we were calling for, we could be like Forest are now.

Such a good set of players at our disposal.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:36 - Apr 14 with 1874 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:35 - Apr 14 by felixstowe_jack

You realise that Piroe is playing in midfield and Naughton a full back by trade is playing at centre half Felix?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:15 - Apr 14 with 1836 viewsraynor94

Thank god Martin reads this forum and taken the advice of a few of our experts on here, and changed his thinking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:17 - Apr 14 with 1803 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:15 - Apr 14 by raynor94

Thank god Martin reads this forum and taken the advice of a few of our experts on here, and changed his thinking

Why does this keep getting said? Has anyone said this out of interest? I have tried to find a reference for the source of the comments but no luck.

If Martin was using this forum to change his mind he would have changed it after week 3, all the changes he has made now are what was said since then.

I can only imagine the change has come from stark proof and realisation, it's hardly under the hood rocket science. It's in front of all of our eyes and has been all season.

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 1798 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 08:46 - Apr 14 by builthjack

The players have now gelled and are understanding the system.its taken some of them a lot longer than it should, but they have got there. It's a simple system really, but if players have never played it, which is crazy really, then they find it hard to get into. An example is an old fashioned centre half Bennett, who will find it almost impossible to ay this way week in and week out.
Kids should be taught the passing game from 4 years old upwards. But parents prefer their team to win 10-0 by banging up to the best player in the team and him scoring.
It's why there are so many foreigners in the English game.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 8:51]

It is not just doen to that...the style has been tweaked ....As I keep repeating our approach at kick off is different .
We use balls into the channels more....playing together will help gel but for 2 out of the last 3 games where we have been on this run we have a different midfield engine house with Fulton starting over Downes...he has hardly featured yet at Millwall and against Derby we looked good.

Knocking the ball about in short passes is easy I have said befoew I can remember one game where Grimes and Naughton played about 4 passes just back and fore when they were standing 3 yards at mosr apart with no intent of pushing the ball forward or wither player making a move.

I know there is polarisation on here but the "blind belief" that what we are now seeing is just down to everything coming together shows how some fans fail to really undersatnd what is happeneing on the pitch.

For me we have got a winning formula which is also at times attractive to watch ....it went a bit flat on saturday ....when there was a period of pass for pass sake though that did bring chants of "ole"

Lets hope RM sticks with what is working....and lets all unite and get behind the side.

It is frustrating that having introduced this tweak earlier in the season then reverting possibly has cost us .....we have some acid tests comin up lets hope we cnaget a result at Forest and v Bournemouth that will show how far we have come.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 1749 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:44 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

It is not just doen to that...the style has been tweaked ....As I keep repeating our approach at kick off is different .
We use balls into the channels more....playing together will help gel but for 2 out of the last 3 games where we have been on this run we have a different midfield engine house with Fulton starting over Downes...he has hardly featured yet at Millwall and against Derby we looked good.

Knocking the ball about in short passes is easy I have said befoew I can remember one game where Grimes and Naughton played about 4 passes just back and fore when they were standing 3 yards at mosr apart with no intent of pushing the ball forward or wither player making a move.

I know there is polarisation on here but the "blind belief" that what we are now seeing is just down to everything coming together shows how some fans fail to really undersatnd what is happeneing on the pitch.

For me we have got a winning formula which is also at times attractive to watch ....it went a bit flat on saturday ....when there was a period of pass for pass sake though that did bring chants of "ole"

Lets hope RM sticks with what is working....and lets all unite and get behind the side.

It is frustrating that having introduced this tweak earlier in the season then reverting possibly has cost us .....we have some acid tests comin up lets hope we cnaget a result at Forest and v Bournemouth that will show how far we have come.

Those games for this line up will definitely provide some account of where the club is at.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 1723 viewsSTID2017

Yes only Forest in better form.
Equal form to Fulham.
4 wins, 1draw, 1 defeat.
Clearly the players are playing to Martin's blueprint.
Or maybe Martin has been reading this forum and taking advice of here ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:56 - Apr 14 with 1682 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:23 - Apr 14 by STID2017

Yes only Forest in better form.
Equal form to Fulham.
4 wins, 1draw, 1 defeat.
Clearly the players are playing to Martin's blueprint.
Or maybe Martin has been reading this forum and taking advice of here ?

or maybe Curt has had a word in his shell like.

Maybe he has adopted his own iterative learning philosphy and looked at what has got hime the most success this season especially after the Birmngham fiasco.

whateever we seem to have hit a winning and atractive formula....if folk still want to believe Martin hasnt twaeaked things then fair enough ...there is evidence to show he has but then its all about opnions...many stated Cooper ewas a fraud and crap manager would do nothing without Ayew etc where is he now?

sjows how much those knew yes?

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 12:02 - Apr 14 with 1673 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:56 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

or maybe Curt has had a word in his shell like.

Maybe he has adopted his own iterative learning philosphy and looked at what has got hime the most success this season especially after the Birmngham fiasco.

whateever we seem to have hit a winning and atractive formula....if folk still want to believe Martin hasnt twaeaked things then fair enough ...there is evidence to show he has but then its all about opnions...many stated Cooper ewas a fraud and crap manager would do nothing without Ayew etc where is he now?

sjows how much those knew yes?

Curtis is my favourite ever player and the greatest Swans Club man ever.
However no way would Martin listen to him.
The form lately has been great.
If it continues who knows it will lead ?

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 12:18 - Apr 14 with 1652 viewsjasper_T

We're in automatics form having played 23rd, 9th, 17th, 18th, 24th and 16th. A very favourable run of fixtures especially given 21st and 22nd come next. That's 7 of the bottom 9 played in 8 games.

If we aim to be playoff contenders next season then winning the majority of these types of games will be essential.
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 12:20 - Apr 14 with 1650 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 12:18 - Apr 14 by jasper_T

We're in automatics form having played 23rd, 9th, 17th, 18th, 24th and 16th. A very favourable run of fixtures especially given 21st and 22nd come next. That's 7 of the bottom 9 played in 8 games.

If we aim to be playoff contenders next season then winning the majority of these types of games will be essential.

Spot on ...as I said Bournemouth and Forest will be the acid tests QPR too .....

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:03 - Apr 15 with 1490 views73__73

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:15 - Apr 14 by raynor94

Maybe the club could save a few £ by sacking RM and just read what needs to be done from here

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:33 - Apr 15 with 1445 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:03 - Apr 15 by 73__73

Maybe the club could save a few £ by sacking RM and just read what needs to be done from here

Still don’t know why this is being said. Feels like one of those things someone has said and people who are annoyed that some have been proven right just repeat it.

It’s quite amazing how many feel they cannot have an accurate view on the game despite watching it and in most parts it being a large part of people’s lives for decades.

Wyndham was a former pro, I would certainly listen to a few non pros when it comes to football and tactics over him.

If Russell Martin (who is a rookie manager lets not forget) got some things wrong, is that really such a bitter pill to swallow for some? Just say “fair play this forum has some insightful posters” and move on.

The amount that have gone into meltdown since those at the start have been proved accurate is on a scale I’ve never seen before.

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 1444 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:03 - Apr 15 by 73__73

I’ve suggested that but the club felt the site had too many over qualified people for the job.

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 1433 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:46 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

I’ve suggested that but the club felt the site had too many over qualified people for the job.

k

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:57 - Apr 15 with 1430 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 12:18 - Apr 14 by jasper_T

Still have to beat them jasper.

Can I ask you why you downarrowed builthy imo spot on post?
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 1416 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 09:57 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

Still have to beat them jasper.

Can I ask you why you downarrowed builthy imo spot on post?

The one that says we should start teaching kids to pass the ball when the vast majority of academy teams in the UK have been doing that for years? And suggests that the reason there are "so many foreigners" in English football is that we're all busy playing hoofball? I downvoted it because it's insulting nonsense.
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:41 - Apr 15 with 1403 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:30 - Apr 15 by jasper_T

The one that says we should start teaching kids to pass the ball when the vast majority of academy teams in the UK have been doing that for years? And suggests that the reason there are "so many foreigners" in English football is that we're all busy playing hoofball? I downvoted it because it's insulting nonsense.

Whilst he is wrong that it's the reason why there are so many foreigners in british football he is right about kids not being able to play a passing game, id say that most if not all of our players have come through academies so why has it taken so long for most of them to get RMs passing game.

Look at grimes, he's one of our best players and he can't pass with his right foot, how good would he be if he could pass with both feet.
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:07 - Apr 15 with 1381 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:41 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

Whilst he is wrong that it's the reason why there are so many foreigners in british football he is right about kids not being able to play a passing game, id say that most if not all of our players have come through academies so why has it taken so long for most of them to get RMs passing game.

Look at grimes, he's one of our best players and he can't pass with his right foot, how good would he be if he could pass with both feet.

If he could pass with both feet he wouldn't be playing for us, but I take your point.
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 1362 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:41 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

I would be more impressed if he did it at the same time 😉

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:17 - Apr 15 with 1351 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:07 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

If he could pass with both feet he wouldn't be playing for us, but I take your point.

Thanks WR 👍
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:17 - Apr 15 with 1349 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:13 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

I would be more impressed if he did it at the same time 😉

Har Har 🤨
Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 1330 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City in automatic promotion form ! on 10:30 - Apr 15 by jasper_T

Why are there so many foreigners in the English game?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024