Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wales June Internationals Thread 12:03 - May 13 with 18095 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all going to be here. Loadsa games and loadsa excitement, especially for the World Cup Play Off Final. Will Wales have to rely upon the referee if it comes down to a Scotland final ? Will handyman Joe Jordan be there ? It’s all up in the air, or apparently up for grabs now.

Wales Focus on Connor Roberts ‘It’s just a group of lads who are enjoying their football’ 17th May 2022 18:49
Connor Roberts cannot wait for the opportunity to represent his country again in the World Cup Play Off Final. Ukraine or Scotland await Wales, they play off against each other on Wednesday 1st June. The winner then play Wales in Cardiff. 0

Wales squad announced for huge game in June 19th May 2022 16:26
Robert Page has selected his squad for the World Cup Play Off Final and Nations League games. Swansea City player Ben Cabango hasn’t been selected due to injury but Everton’s Nathan Broadhead will be delighted with a call up. He has spent the season at Sunderland in league one on loan. 0

FAW : Wales supporters could get three year bans for using pyrotechnics 24th May 2022 09:00
The football association of Wales have made it very clear to those fans attending the huge World Cup Play Off match on Sunday June 5th that three year banning orders are an option for those who breach current legislation. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:02 - May 15 with 2417 viewsraynor94

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:32 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales are in an unique period when the 'stiffs' of the second team are actually a cohesive unit. A mix of veterans, good old pros with young guys pressing for the trip to Qatar all being well. They put in a great shift under Page v Mexico and recently the Czechs.

a) Good a old pros 2016 veterans
Hennessey, Gunter, Vokes, Jonny Williams Andy King,

b) Hardened lower league battlers
Vaulks, James Lawrence, Vokes, Lockyear, Norrington Davies, Andy Davies

c) Young guns desperate to be involved
Cabango, Colwill, Isaak Davies, Matondo, Brennan Johnson, Brandon Cooper, Ollie Cooper Broadhead. Levitt.

d) Players forgotten about who are making a claim to return
Tom Lawrence Ben Woodburn and Regan Poole. Matt Smith.

e) Players not yet up for consideration
Liam Cullen, Lewis Webb, Dan Williams, Luke Jephcott. Jack Vale.

It has been a long time since Wales can leave out a player as good as Tom Lawrence.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 16:34]

Out of the old pros, only Hennessey should be anywhere near the squad.

As Jasper said it's embarrassing the other 4 are even being mentioned

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:42 - May 15 with 2380 viewsChief

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:02 - May 15 by raynor94

Out of the old pros, only Hennessey should be anywhere near the squad.

As Jasper said it's embarrassing the other 4 are even being mentioned

- Qualified for the last Euros and got out of the group.
- Won our nation's league group and got promoted to the top tier.
- Reached a World Cup play off final game (which we're probably favourites to win).
- Currently 9 games unbeaten.
- Last beaten on Welsh soil (and that was at the unfamiliar Millennium Stadium) in 2018.

All with these old todgers in and around the squad. In no way due to the above can our squad picks be considered 'embarassing'. Embarrassing for the opposition sides maybe.

Let's have some perspective.

What works, works.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 19:46]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:00 - May 15 with 2357 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:42 - May 15 by Chief

- Qualified for the last Euros and got out of the group.
- Won our nation's league group and got promoted to the top tier.
- Reached a World Cup play off final game (which we're probably favourites to win).
- Currently 9 games unbeaten.
- Last beaten on Welsh soil (and that was at the unfamiliar Millennium Stadium) in 2018.

All with these old todgers in and around the squad. In no way due to the above can our squad picks be considered 'embarassing'. Embarrassing for the opposition sides maybe.

Let's have some perspective.

What works, works.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 19:46]

You have to factor in the mentality factor. The second team has to graft hard and Hennessy Gunter Williams will let the youngsters aware of this pretty quickly. A group mentality of players who have great pride in the shirt.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:25 - May 15 with 2346 viewsjasper_T

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:00 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

You have to factor in the mentality factor. The second team has to graft hard and Hennessy Gunter Williams will let the youngsters aware of this pretty quickly. A group mentality of players who have great pride in the shirt.

The lads on tour mentality. First time I've ever seen little Jonny Williams labelled as a hard graft type of player. He's a fragile boy who needs an arm around his shoulder, that's why he never made it at a higher level. Had the talent for it.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:44 - May 15 with 2333 viewsChief

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:25 - May 15 by jasper_T

The lads on tour mentality. First time I've ever seen little Jonny Williams labelled as a hard graft type of player. He's a fragile boy who needs an arm around his shoulder, that's why he never made it at a higher level. Had the talent for it.

Don't get me wrong, if I was the manager, I probably wouldn't take them either. But I'm talking as an outsider and someone who doesn't see first hand what impact these people have in training and around the camp. But ultimately it's pretty irrelevant seeing as have been experiencing success during this selection policy.

So I do mostly agree with your sentiment regarding their inclusion, but let's not get carried away and label it 'embarassing'. Let's not be overly dramatic Mr T

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 14:49 - May 17 with 2194 viewsBryanSwan

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:25 - May 15 by jasper_T

Gives his all for Wales and that is all that can be asked of him. He is clearly an important member of the squad, it is probably underestimated having a good core group of players is.
Calling him a fragile boy is a bit demeaning, he has had a boat load of injuries, cannot be easy to come back every time.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:51 - May 17 with 2148 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 14:49 - May 17 by BryanSwan

Gives his all for Wales and that is all that can be asked of him. He is clearly an important member of the squad, it is probably underestimated having a good core group of players is.
Calling him a fragile boy is a bit demeaning, he has had a boat load of injuries, cannot be easy to come back every time.

I was quite against Jonny W after seeing one Wales game under Giggs. I think his instructions were to win free kicks around the penalty area in Bale range. He proceeded to fall over and NOT get free kicks anywhere once the referee understood his ways.

Under Page I was more impressed as he ran harder and concentrated on good football, not his fraudulent ways. He is a runner and asks questions of defenders. Swansea under Martin improved when he brought in runners Obafemi and Wolf. Swansea had too many passers and not enough runners in my simplistic logic.

The Welsh national team do not pass well but is overflowing with runners. Bale, Johnson Matondo, J W, Sorba, James, Lawrence T., Wilson, Neco and CR23. Page should give more time to Levitt who will improve the runner / passer balance. Wilson and Ramsey are sloppy passers at times. Wales were audited by Denmark who passed Wales to death in Euro 2020 (2021).
[Post edited 17 May 2022 17:55]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:00 - May 17 with 2136 viewsBryanSwan

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:51 - May 17 by ReslovenSwan1

I was quite against Jonny W after seeing one Wales game under Giggs. I think his instructions were to win free kicks around the penalty area in Bale range. He proceeded to fall over and NOT get free kicks anywhere once the referee understood his ways.

Under Page I was more impressed as he ran harder and concentrated on good football, not his fraudulent ways. He is a runner and asks questions of defenders. Swansea under Martin improved when he brought in runners Obafemi and Wolf. Swansea had too many passers and not enough runners in my simplistic logic.

The Welsh national team do not pass well but is overflowing with runners. Bale, Johnson Matondo, J W, Sorba, James, Lawrence T., Wilson, Neco and CR23. Page should give more time to Levitt who will improve the runner / passer balance. Wilson and Ramsey are sloppy passers at times. Wales were audited by Denmark who passed Wales to death in Euro 2020 (2021).
[Post edited 17 May 2022 17:55]

After this tournament plugging the gaps Bale, Ramsey, Henneseey and Allen will leave is a huge task. Theyve been part of the teams spine for so long.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:58 - May 17 with 2126 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales Focus on Connor Roberts ‘It’s just a group of lads who are enjoying their football’ 17th May 2022 18:49
Connor Roberts cannot wait for the opportunity to represent his country again in the World Cup Play Off Final. Ukraine or Scotland await Wales, they play off against each other on Wednesday 1st June. The winner then play Wales in Cardiff. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:14 - May 17 with 2090 viewsTenbySwan

100k Rangers fans going to Seville.

Will be interesting in Cardiff if Scotland win through!
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:03 - May 17 with 2063 viewsmajorraglan

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:14 - May 17 by TenbySwan

100k Rangers fans going to Seville.

Will be interesting in Cardiff if Scotland win through!

The Jocks will be there in huge numbers, I was at the friendly in the CCS about 13 years ago when we beat them 3 - 0 and they were there in droves.

I’ve got tickets for the play off final and the home Nations League games, getting an away game in is my next aim.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:16 - May 18 with 1966 viewsABERSWAN

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:03 - May 17 by majorraglan

The Jocks will be there in huge numbers, I was at the friendly in the CCS about 13 years ago when we beat them 3 - 0 and they were there in droves.

I’ve got tickets for the play off final and the home Nations League games, getting an away game in is my next aim.

With Wrexham possibly playing the same day, there is going to be a few thousand potentially looking to sell their tickets. Hope the FAW are all over this and have a plan in place to buy back the tickets and resell them to red wall members. With e-tickets on phones, it gives them an opportunity to stop any jocks getting their hands on any.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:00 - May 18 with 1943 viewsraynor94

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:16 - May 18 by ABERSWAN

With Wrexham possibly playing the same day, there is going to be a few thousand potentially looking to sell their tickets. Hope the FAW are all over this and have a plan in place to buy back the tickets and resell them to red wall members. With e-tickets on phones, it gives them an opportunity to stop any jocks getting their hands on any.

Just look at the Rangers support tonight, no problem in snaffling Frankfurts tickets

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:35 - May 18 with 1929 viewsguthrieintherain

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:00 - May 18 by raynor94

Just look at the Rangers support tonight, no problem in snaffling Frankfurts tickets

Hopefully will be playing Ukraine in the final.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:39 - May 18 with 1926 viewsraynor94

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:35 - May 18 by guthrieintherain

Me too

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:58 - May 18 with 1916 viewsguthrieintherain

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:39 - May 18 by raynor94

Me too

Was there in 1985 when they had a late penalty and Jock Stein tragically died.

Remember the 1978 qualifier as a kid at Anfield
82 down the Vetch against Iceland when the lights went out.

94 against Romania again surrounded by tragedy.

We really need to do it this time.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 6:39]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:44 - May 18 with 1902 viewsbuilthjack

Ukraine have been training together for a fortnight and have just played 3 friendlies. They play another 2 friendlies before the Scotland game, so will be fully prepared after being together a month.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:46 - May 18 with 1901 viewsraynor94

Ramsey certainly isn't going to be match fit

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:04 - May 18 with 1879 viewsChief

Not ideal either. Huge pressure to beat them considering where their players heads must be and lack of competitive football for their home based players.

Plus if we do beat them, it can't be the party we want it to be and it shouldn't be. Sensitive situation.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 12:40 - May 19 with 1821 viewsraynor94

What on earth is wrong with Tom Lawrence?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:36 - May 19 with 1796 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales squad announced for huge game in June 19th May 2022 16:26
Robert Page has selected his squad for the World Cup Play Off Final and Nations League games. Swansea City player Ben Cabango hasn’t been selected due to injury but Everton’s Nathan Broadhead will be delighted with a call up. He has spent the season at Sunderland in league one on loan. 0

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 09:28 - May 21 with 1626 viewsKeithHaynes

Bale dropped for Real Madrid’s last game of the season due to lack of fitness but apparently will be available for the champions league final 💁

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 10:46 - May 23 with 1467 viewsonehunglow

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:58 - May 18 by guthrieintherain

Was there in 1985 when they had a late penalty and Jock Stein tragically died.

Remember the 1978 qualifier as a kid at Anfield
82 down the Vetch against Iceland when the lights went out.

94 against Romania again surrounded by tragedy.

We really need to do it this time.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 6:39]

I was at that Anfield game.
I can see that Jordan non penalty and the clenched fist now.
It genuinely traumatised me and 85 was the year our son was born and I watched it with two very good friends whilst they effectively baby sat whilst I watched it unfold.

I don't remember being as angry since someone took and crashed by bike into a lamppost in Cecil St,when I was about 7. I thought I genuinely would have a heart attack and frankly I was rather dangerous company on those days when angry.

No doubt Wale were ribbed in both games and it still stinks.

I would like Wales to qualify for a tournament finals but for this one I am ambivolent as it simply should not be going ahead in a country like Qatar. Appalling corruption ,Blatter and Platini the only reasons. It will be a tainted tournament and if we fail to qualify at least our players can avoid the stinking hypocrisy of it all and have a bit of a rest.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:35 - May 23 with 1379 viewsKeithHaynes

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 10:46 - May 23 by onehunglow

I was at that Anfield game.
I can see that Jordan non penalty and the clenched fist now.
It genuinely traumatised me and 85 was the year our son was born and I watched it with two very good friends whilst they effectively baby sat whilst I watched it unfold.

I don't remember being as angry since someone took and crashed by bike into a lamppost in Cecil St,when I was about 7. I thought I genuinely would have a heart attack and frankly I was rather dangerous company on those days when angry.

No doubt Wale were ribbed in both games and it still stinks.

I would like Wales to qualify for a tournament finals but for this one I am ambivolent as it simply should not be going ahead in a country like Qatar. Appalling corruption ,Blatter and Platini the only reasons. It will be a tainted tournament and if we fail to qualify at least our players can avoid the stinking hypocrisy of it all and have a bit of a rest.

Russia and Qatar have made a lot of people very rich.
It’s the most obvious case of bribery in the history of football.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 10:00 - May 24 with 1322 viewsKeithHaynes

FAW : Wales supporters could get three year bans for using pyrotechnics 24th May 2022 09:00
The football association of Wales have made it very clear to those fans attending the huge World Cup Play Off match on Sunday June 5th that three year banning orders are an option for those who breach current legislation. 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024