Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wales June Internationals Thread 12:03 - May 13 with 18224 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all going to be here. Loadsa games and loadsa excitement, especially for the World Cup Play Off Final. Will Wales have to rely upon the referee if it comes down to a Scotland final ? Will handyman Joe Jordan be there ? It’s all up in the air, or apparently up for grabs now.

Wales Focus on Connor Roberts ‘It’s just a group of lads who are enjoying their football’ 17th May 2022 18:49
Connor Roberts cannot wait for the opportunity to represent his country again in the World Cup Play Off Final. Ukraine or Scotland await Wales, they play off against each other on Wednesday 1st June. The winner then play Wales in Cardiff. 0

Wales squad announced for huge game in June 19th May 2022 16:26
Robert Page has selected his squad for the World Cup Play Off Final and Nations League games. Swansea City player Ben Cabango hasn’t been selected due to injury but Everton’s Nathan Broadhead will be delighted with a call up. He has spent the season at Sunderland in league one on loan. 0

FAW : Wales supporters could get three year bans for using pyrotechnics 24th May 2022 09:00
The football association of Wales have made it very clear to those fans attending the huge World Cup Play Off match on Sunday June 5th that three year banning orders are an option for those who breach current legislation. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 12:37 - May 13 with 5276 viewsFireboy2

If Joe Jordan is there he's going to get a firm but timely tickle.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 14:37 - May 13 with 5238 viewsSTID2017

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 12:37 - May 13 by Fireboy2

If Joe Jordan is there he's going to get a firm but timely tickle.

Watch your gnashers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 15:34 - May 13 with 5208 viewsAguycalledJack

Got Holland tickets yesterday.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 15:53 - May 13 with 5194 viewsFireboy2

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 15:34 - May 13 by AguycalledJack

Got Holland tickets yesterday.

Are you going to the final?
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:06 - May 13 with 5175 viewsbuilthjack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 15:53 - May 13 by Fireboy2

Can't wait.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:13 - May 13 with 5158 viewstrampie

Fingers crossed for the boys.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 16:14]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:24 - May 13 with 5118 viewsChief

Apparently 1 squad to be named for all the games which is probably necessary but we never have competitive games in the same window for two different competitions so it's a weird one.

But name a big squad and don't risk anyone against Poland.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:12 - May 13 with 5077 viewsAguycalledJack

No just the 8th.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:56 - May 13 with 5039 viewsKeithHaynes

Five games in two weeks is mad.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:03 - May 13 with 5012 viewstrampie

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:24 - May 13 by Chief

Apparently 1 squad to be named for all the games which is probably necessary but we never have competitive games in the same window for two different competitions so it's a weird one.

But name a big squad and don't risk anyone against Poland.

I think Page will be very careful about what players he plays against Poland but I don't think he will play a total second string team, as regards the Nation's League Wales would need to finish above Poland not to get relegated from the top division, I think Wales will play our first choice goalie, Joe Rodon, Aaron Ramsey for 45 to 60 mins if he doesn't play between now and the end of the season and Gareth Bale for 45 to 60 mins to give him some game time as well players that are likely to be on the bench for the play off final.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:38 - May 13 with 4993 viewsChief

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:03 - May 13 by trampie

I think Page will be very careful about what players he plays against Poland but I don't think he will play a total second string team, as regards the Nation's League Wales would need to finish above Poland not to get relegated from the top division, I think Wales will play our first choice goalie, Joe Rodon, Aaron Ramsey for 45 to 60 mins if he doesn't play between now and the end of the season and Gareth Bale for 45 to 60 mins to give him some game time as well players that are likely to be on the bench for the play off final.

As bad as it sounds, I honestly couldn't care less about this nations league campaign (which is sad because it's our first at the top tier).

All focus must be on the play off. Only person id consider giving minutes to in the Poland game would be whatever keeper is going going to play v Scots/Ukraine.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:42 - May 13 with 4992 viewsFireboy2

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:38 - May 13 by Chief

As bad as it sounds, I honestly couldn't care less about this nations league campaign (which is sad because it's our first at the top tier).

All focus must be on the play off. Only person id consider giving minutes to in the Poland game would be whatever keeper is going going to play v Scots/Ukraine.

I agree, couldn't give a flying f@#£ about Poland, start with a second eleven and drip feed first teamers in as the poles tire.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:20 - May 13 with 4952 viewsAguycalledJack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 15:53 - May 13 by Fireboy2

Unfortunately not. Just the game on the 8th.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:30 - May 13 with 4948 viewsFireboy2

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:20 - May 13 by AguycalledJack

Unfortunately not. Just the game on the 8th.

Shame, I can't do the home nations games but made sure we got tickets and digs for the final.

Was supposed to go to Poland with builthy until they changed the dates 😡
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 07:43 - May 14 with 4890 viewsKeithHaynes

Loved the home internationals.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 09:30 - May 14 with 4843 viewsWhiterockin

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 07:43 - May 14 by KeithHaynes

Loved the home internationals.

Thank you brilliant memories, I had forgotten all about Ken Baily and many things that were so 70s and 80s. What would Leighton be worth today?
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 14:50 - May 14 with 4755 viewstrampie

Ramsey plays 60mins today.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:14 - May 14 with 4727 viewsReslovenSwan1

A great chance for Norrington-Davies, Davies (GK) Matondo, Johnson, Levitt, Colwill, Isaak Davies Lockyear perhaps to get game time as potential regulars.

Lawrence T should come back and captain the B team. Jonny Williams, Hennessey, Gunter can add to the collection of caps. Big Sam Vokes has been scoring goals.

A couple of kids are hedging their bets and could be allowed a slot Chem Campbell and Hesketh of Wolves.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:20 - May 14 with 4727 viewsKeithHaynes

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 09:30 - May 14 by Whiterockin

Thank you brilliant memories, I had forgotten all about Ken Baily and many things that were so 70s and 80s. What would Leighton be worth today?

Brilliant times mate.

Compared to a 25 million Dan James ?

Triple it.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:47 - May 14 with 4704 viewsWhiterockin

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:20 - May 14 by KeithHaynes

Brilliant times mate.

Compared to a 25 million Dan James ?

Triple it.

Easily £75M. So unfair that truly brilliant players of that time couldn't retire into the life of luxury that bang average players can now.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 14:00 - May 15 with 4595 viewsangryjack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:47 - May 14 by Whiterockin

Easily £75M. So unfair that truly brilliant players of that time couldn't retire into the life of luxury that bang average players can now.

Had to work part time as a lollipop man,crazy
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:32 - May 15 with 4561 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:42 - May 13 by Fireboy2

I agree, couldn't give a flying f@#£ about Poland, start with a second eleven and drip feed first teamers in as the poles tire.

Wales are in an unique period when the 'stiffs' of the second team are actually a cohesive unit. A mix of veterans, good old pros with young guys pressing for the trip to Qatar all being well. They put in a great shift under Page v Mexico and recently the Czechs.

a) Good a old pros 2016 veterans
Hennessey, Gunter, Vokes, Jonny Williams Andy King,

b) Hardened lower league battlers
Vaulks, James Lawrence, Vokes, Lockyear, Norrington Davies, Andy Davies

c) Young guns desperate to be involved
Cabango, Colwill, Isaak Davies, Matondo, Brennan Johnson, Brandon Cooper, Ollie Cooper Broadhead. Levitt.

d) Players forgotten about who are making a claim to return
Tom Lawrence Ben Woodburn and Regan Poole. Matt Smith.

e) Players not yet up for consideration
Liam Cullen, Lewis Webb, Dan Williams, Luke Jephcott. Jack Vale.

It has been a long time since Wales can leave out a player as good as Tom Lawrence.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 16:34]

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:28 - May 15 with 4536 viewsjasper_T

Some of those "good old pros" aren't even League One level. Jonny Williams had a decent season at Swindon, Chris Gunter is being released by Charlton. Embarrassing that they're involved in squads still.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:09 - May 15 with 4517 viewsChief

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:28 - May 15 by jasper_T

Some of those "good old pros" aren't even League One level. Jonny Williams had a decent season at Swindon, Chris Gunter is being released by Charlton. Embarrassing that they're involved in squads still.

We're still winning games. Means it isn't embarrassing at all.

If we weren't winning however, different story.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:56 - May 15 with 4493 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:09 - May 15 by Chief

We're still winning games. Means it isn't embarrassing at all.

If we weren't winning however, different story.

The team that beat Mexico in a feisty friendly last season included only big Kieffer from the first team.

I expected a tonking off the Mexicans when I saw the team, with Jonnie W and Tom Lawrence as wingbacks.

Wales had their first ever win over a strong Mexican team in a match that both teams took seriously. This is the point I was making. The "stiffs" are tough to beat these days under Page.

The team that day was

Hennessey, Gunter, Cabango, R N-Davies
Jonnie W, Levitt, Smith, Tom Lawrence
Tyler Roberts Matondo
Kieffer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024