Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem 18:08 - May 14 with 5212 viewsKeithHaynes

Keep it clean.

Did they also abuse abide with me ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:08 - May 14 with 1357 viewsmax936

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:51 - May 14 by builthjack

They do hate Thatcher though.

Don't we all.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:08 - May 14 with 1351 viewstrampie

I think Liverpool is the only place in Britain to vote in an Irish Nationalist MP, not somebody sympathetic to the cause but somebody actually standing for the Irish Nationalist party, got in several times as well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:09 - May 14 with 1356 viewsBoundy

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:10 - May 14 by trampie

I put the post up about them booing QSTQ the last final they played, when looking at videos of the booing i came across more than one video of Scoucers saying they are not English.

Lot of support from Cardiff so you're probably correct

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:12 - May 14 with 1347 viewsKeithHaynes

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:08 - May 14 by trampie

I think Liverpool is the only place in Britain to vote in an Irish Nationalist MP, not somebody sympathetic to the cause but somebody actually standing for the Irish Nationalist party, got in several times as well.

Makes you wonder …

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:13 - May 14 with 1342 viewsBoundy

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:25 - May 14 by trampie

They hate the English and support the IRA the internet is full of it tonight, did you not see the video last year of that Scouser on talksport arguing with the hosts that he is Scouse and not English and he couldn't care less if Italy beat England because he isn't English, not sure if he said they were more Irish than English, not sure if it's doing the rounds on the net now but it was an online hit last summer, I also seen a non football related woman off about Thatcher, royalty and Liverpool always been ignored and the people recognising themselves as Scouse and not English, I've even seen Scouse not English banners.

Over 906,000 live in Liverpool so I suspect a few spouting off on the internet isn't true reflection of reality . I suppose it could be compared to some rabid nationalist comments on here, say it ain't so Joe

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:14 - May 14 with 1336 viewsmax936

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:03 - May 14 by KeithHaynes

abide with me raised hundreds of thousands for the Hillsborough families and charity.
Then they boo it.
Idiots.

A minority surely, Abide with me is an iconic hymn sung everywhere. only the thick and hard of thinking would boo that.
[Post edited 14 May 2022 22:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:23 - May 14 with 1299 viewstrampie

I'm reading that Liverpool fans were booing Prince William, the National Anthem & Abide with me.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:29 - May 14 with 1292 viewsKeithHaynes

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:14 - May 14 by max936

A minority surely, Abide with me is an iconic hymn sung everywhere. only the thick and hard of thinking would boo that.
[Post edited 14 May 2022 22:16]

After supporting the Hillsborough cause indeed.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:14 - May 15 with 1191 viewsbennytheblue

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:25 - May 14 by trampie

They hate the English and support the IRA the internet is full of it tonight, did you not see the video last year of that Scouser on talksport arguing with the hosts that he is Scouse and not English and he couldn't care less if Italy beat England because he isn't English, not sure if he said they were more Irish than English, not sure if it's doing the rounds on the net now but it was an online hit last summer, I also seen a non football related woman off about Thatcher, royalty and Liverpool always been ignored and the people recognising themselves as Scouse and not English, I've even seen Scouse not English banners.

Truly bizarre…..
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:46 - May 15 with 1164 viewsSTID2017

I don't understand it at all.
I have family in Liverpool and St Helen's.
They, like me, are proud of their Irish heritage.
However, as all apart from my auntie were born in England, they are also proud of being English ( as I am of being Welsh ).
None of them would act or feel the way this minority do on social media and at the game IMHO.
I also have Liverpool supporting friends who don't condone this behaviour either.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:00 - May 15 with 1135 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:47 - May 14 by max936

Scousers support the IRA, FME's absolute total bolloks I've Scouse friends and Irish friends and I totally refute that as total bolloks, I'd love you to repeat that BS to their faces dear me.

Let yourself down here Tramps.

Quite how trampie gets away with this I do not know,then to complain about that which others post.

This site owner's very own wife is a Scouser (not scoucer) and I've no doubt she didn't support those who left a bomb on Warrington high St as a spectacular.As is the case with Liverpool people in general and all England. As for Wales and the Welsh,reading that which trampie and killy post regularly,I 'd suggest a good look in the mirror is recommened.

I'll bring this up next time I speak to my scouser best chum. We were abroad with he and his missus when Wales played England in World Cup and lost. They were not supporting Wales ,for sure.

Booing Abide with Me was dumb in the extreme and possibly seen as a colonial dirge by Woke fans.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 10:57 - May 15 with 1085 views1983

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:00 - May 15 by onehunglow

Quite how trampie gets away with this I do not know,then to complain about that which others post.

This site owner's very own wife is a Scouser (not scoucer) and I've no doubt she didn't support those who left a bomb on Warrington high St as a spectacular.As is the case with Liverpool people in general and all England. As for Wales and the Welsh,reading that which trampie and killy post regularly,I 'd suggest a good look in the mirror is recommened.

I'll bring this up next time I speak to my scouser best chum. We were abroad with he and his missus when Wales played England in World Cup and lost. They were not supporting Wales ,for sure.

Booing Abide with Me was dumb in the extreme and possibly seen as a colonial dirge by Woke fans.

The size of the chip on their shoulder I'm surprised they can stand up

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 12:33 - May 15 with 1015 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 10:57 - May 15 by 1983

The size of the chip on their shoulder I'm surprised they can stand up

Have a read of what is posted on here and ask if that cannot be applied elsewhere.
Liverpool is Liverpool.Dont fret over it.
Its always gone its own way
Tories mainly despised. Now think of a region where that also applies,as is the case with Royalty,the Constitution,Monarchy .Yet, according to some,"people in England " are the ones wo vote Tory.

Doesn't look good does it .

I think enough pejoratives have been chucked at scousers /scoucers on this site and yeah there are good and bad everywhere,even in Liverpool.

Liverpool not England fans/not really English.Jesus we have fans who can't describe themelves as British ,which is what they are,"Welsh not British" (obviously wrong)

Welsh fans have also booed the Queen. People on here have short memories. It's pitiful.

Be perfect before throwing stones

Where's this working class unity then.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:37]

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 15:11 - May 15 with 979 viewsjasper_T

Nothing wrong with booing monarchy. It's an abhorrent concept and insane that we still have it.

Nothing about being born in a country says you have to be proud of it and/or its rulers, either. There's obviously a resurgence in anti-English sentiment over Ireland since Brexit mucked up all those delicately balanced agreements. People with family across borders are going to have different views on how proud they should be to be subjects of the good old British Empire.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:20 - May 15 with 942 viewspencoedjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:03 - May 14 by KeithHaynes

abide with me raised hundreds of thousands for the Hillsborough families and charity.
Then they boo it.
Idiots.

I was in Camden yesterday (top place) shame there were a load of scousers there

Has to be the most irritating accent in the U.K.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 18:11 - May 15 with 892 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

You’d think the scousers would love her majesty. Most of them have stayed in one of her free hotels at her pleasure at some point.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:09 - May 15 with 863 viewsReslovenSwan1

Thought for the day from my log cabin in Resolven. Prepare to go out of your comfort zone of assumptions and narratives.

Many Liverpool people are of Celtic origins just as many Welsh people are of English origins.

The Liverpudlians from this heritage do not feel particularly English just as some Swansea fans on this forum espouse love for Swansea city behind a Union Jack be that baffling to the rest of us.

They are Welsh but do not feel the love for their heritage. This is because they are of English economic migrant stock and this has been passed down through 4 or 5 generations going back the the glory days of the South Wales Coalfield.

This mentality becomes less each generation. DNA analysis does not suggest Welsh people are English but English people are Welsh. The Anglo Saxon was not a conquest. It was a conversion of Celts to speaking their language. Ireland has 5 million Celts speaking English.

Lets face it English is a great language. Even Russia and Putin is being crushed by its march across Eastern Europe.

Ukranians not learning Russian is one reason for invading to preserve the language. The march of English is unstoppable. Welsh learned this lesson 400 years ago,
[Post edited 15 May 2022 19:11]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:22 - May 15 with 848 viewsjasper_T

The Ukrainian president is a Russian speaker, though. Most of the parts they've invaded are majority first language Russian speaking.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:22 - May 15 with 847 viewsangryjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:20 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Not as bad as the welsh accent it's embarrassing, I put on an accent when I'm abroad we sound stupid as f@ck
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:42 - May 15 with 827 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:22 - May 15 by angryjack

Not as bad as the welsh accent it's embarrassing, I put on an accent when I'm abroad we sound stupid as f@ck

Not in my experience. The ladies I’ve met on holiday have absolutely loved my accent.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:17 - May 15 with 799 viewsFireboy2

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:42 - May 15 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Not in my experience. The ladies I’ve met on holiday have absolutely loved my accent.

It has also helped me greatly 😉
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:37 - May 15 with 780 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:20 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Having read that,I shall insist my daughter seeks elocution immediately.
Im hoping she could get it from Alex Jones,Chaaarlotte Church,or even the Gavin and stacey kid .

What mindless insulting crap pencoed.

For many scouse accent ,along with Glasgow and Belfast sounds aggresive,wheras valley accents sound like -well rather thick.

Remember Max Boyce and his professional valleys accent guaranteed to make Glynneath people sound 40 years backward.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:44 - May 15 with 774 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 18:11 - May 15 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

You’d think the scousers would love her majesty. Most of them have stayed in one of her free hotels at her pleasure at some point.

Yet many have not.#
My own havent.
Its the danger of stereotyping.
If Liverpool people were of an ethnic minority,this crap would not be tolerated .

It does how steaming Welsh hypocrisy when the likes of trampie and killy ritually insult the Monarchy,our constitution and indeed our country yet are remarkably silent over this. Why? Because they would join in the booing of a future King . We are talking of people who supported a foreign country in the "struggle"against this country of ours.

Sometimes,hypocrisy chokes us all.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:12 - May 15 with 760 viewsKeithHaynes

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:09 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Thought for the day from my log cabin in Resolven. Prepare to go out of your comfort zone of assumptions and narratives.

Many Liverpool people are of Celtic origins just as many Welsh people are of English origins.

The Liverpudlians from this heritage do not feel particularly English just as some Swansea fans on this forum espouse love for Swansea city behind a Union Jack be that baffling to the rest of us.

They are Welsh but do not feel the love for their heritage. This is because they are of English economic migrant stock and this has been passed down through 4 or 5 generations going back the the glory days of the South Wales Coalfield.

This mentality becomes less each generation. DNA analysis does not suggest Welsh people are English but English people are Welsh. The Anglo Saxon was not a conquest. It was a conversion of Celts to speaking their language. Ireland has 5 million Celts speaking English.

Lets face it English is a great language. Even Russia and Putin is being crushed by its march across Eastern Europe.

Ukranians not learning Russian is one reason for invading to preserve the language. The march of English is unstoppable. Welsh learned this lesson 400 years ago,
[Post edited 15 May 2022 19:11]

Res said - Swansea fans on this forum espouse love for Swansea city behind a Union Jack be that baffling to the rest of us.

Reply -

Yup.

But it depends on your reasoning.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:13 - May 15 with 755 viewsReslovenSwan1

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:22 - May 15 by jasper_T

The Ukrainian president is a Russian speaker, though. Most of the parts they've invaded are majority first language Russian speaking.

We are talking generations. Russian like Welsh was generations ago is under the hammer as the English language bulldozers east. Russia is retrenching and grabbing what it can from the legacy Russian speaking communities. Expect an attack on Kazakstan in the future.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024