Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Season Long Charity Bet Thread 00:27 - May 15 with 997 viewsDr_Parnassus

There seems to be a desire to help the site charity from it's users by placing friendly wagers with each other, with the proceeds being donated to the site charity.

Below is what has been done so far.

Overdue

YouBackJastard £20 - Cooper vs Martin PPG

Current Wagers

If promoted automatically in the coming season:

- Dr P has pledged £100
- OHL has pledged £100

If promoted via play-offs in the coming season:

- Dr P has pledged £10
- OHL has pledged £10
- Nantywatcher has pledged £10

If we fail to get promoted in the coming season:

- STID has pledged £30
- GixerJack has pledged £30
[Post edited 15 May 2022 10:28]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 08:37 - May 15 with 902 viewsGixerJack

I’m happy to match STID’s £30 if we fail to get promoted.

Someone will have to remind me tho, but I’m sure there are enough on here that wouldn’t let me forget 😂😂
[Post edited 15 May 2022 8:40]
The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 08:40 - May 15 with 893 viewsSTID2017

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 08:37 - May 15 by GixerJack

I’m happy to match STID’s £30 if we fail to get promoted.

Someone will have to remind me tho, but I’m sure there are enough on here that wouldn’t let me forget 😂😂
[Post edited 15 May 2022 8:40]

Well done.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 07:24 - May 19 with 654 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 08:40 - May 15 by STID2017

Well done.

Where are your buddies in this one?

Not fair for you to be taking all the burden.

I guess when push comes to shove they aren’t confident in Martin after all 🤷‍♂️

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 19:05 - May 19 with 577 viewsGixerJack

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 07:24 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Where are your buddies in this one?

Not fair for you to be taking all the burden.

I guess when push comes to shove they aren’t confident in Martin after all 🤷‍♂️

I was expecting the the glass is empty brigade to be all over this in all honesty
The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 06:13 - May 20 with 523 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 19:05 - May 19 by GixerJack

I was expecting the the glass is empty brigade to be all over this in all honesty

I’m happy to represent them and bet with every single person who thinks we will go up next season.

I’m amazed only STID and yourself have come forward after what we have been hearing for the past year.

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 09:34 - May 20 with 485 viewsGixerJack

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 06:13 - May 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m happy to represent them and bet with every single person who thinks we will go up next season.

I’m amazed only STID and yourself have come forward after what we have been hearing for the past year.

Likewise from this side of the divide! it’s for a worthy cause and will give proper “I told you so “ opportunities at the end of the season.
The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 10:27 - May 20 with 471 viewsLorax

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 19:05 - May 19 by GixerJack

For the coming season the glass is neither half empty or half full, it is at 50% and will remain as such until the next batch of evidence comes in.

That means that Martin has a full pre-season, he has the transfer window and then maybe until December, depending on how things are going. He has had quite a long settling in period, lots of people have given him more slack than other managers have had, he's been lucky. Some people were highly critical from the start and others again (myself included) gave him time but started to turn against him when the evidence showed there were problems of Martin's own making.

So now we go again, I reckon the split in opinion will be about the same as when the season ended but now surely Martin can't be allowed the excuses? Certainly he can't be repeating those excuses come December.

I want him to succeed, I want the entertaining football even if there's no promotion. But no more BS please. We have all seen where the teams failings have been, Martin has admitted the 3 at the back hasn't worked though it took him a long time to see what was said often on here. We may not have been pro footballers, we may not have any coaching badges (though some will, if not the top rated badges) but many of us have been watching the Swans for along time, 50 years in my case, we are not all mugs, not all stupid or blind, we can be wrong from time to time whichever side of the Martin fence we have been sat on but please don't BS us and don't patronise us.
The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 11:12 - May 20 with 456 viewsonehunglow

The Season Long Charity Bet Thread on 10:27 - May 20 by Lorax

For the coming season the glass is neither half empty or half full, it is at 50% and will remain as such until the next batch of evidence comes in.

That means that Martin has a full pre-season, he has the transfer window and then maybe until December, depending on how things are going. He has had quite a long settling in period, lots of people have given him more slack than other managers have had, he's been lucky. Some people were highly critical from the start and others again (myself included) gave him time but started to turn against him when the evidence showed there were problems of Martin's own making.

So now we go again, I reckon the split in opinion will be about the same as when the season ended but now surely Martin can't be allowed the excuses? Certainly he can't be repeating those excuses come December.

I want him to succeed, I want the entertaining football even if there's no promotion. But no more BS please. We have all seen where the teams failings have been, Martin has admitted the 3 at the back hasn't worked though it took him a long time to see what was said often on here. We may not have been pro footballers, we may not have any coaching badges (though some will, if not the top rated badges) but many of us have been watching the Swans for along time, 50 years in my case, we are not all mugs, not all stupid or blind, we can be wrong from time to time whichever side of the Martin fence we have been sat on but please don't BS us and don't patronise us.

Glasses can break easily and you have to be careful .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024