Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4/3/3 next season states Martin 20:50 - May 17 with 1795 viewsmagicdaps10

Plans to play 4/3/3 next season as it offers more fluidity to the system played.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 23:48 - May 17 with 1231 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It only took him an entire season to find that out. Next announcement due Thursday regarding the advantages of having tall centre backs ……..

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 00:03 - May 18 with 1208 viewsDr_Parnassus

The sensible among us were calling for that about 7 months ago.

However he decided to get rid of any sort of winger from the club, get rid of players like Bidwell who provide real width.

For a manager who likes to play possession he doesn’t have a clue how to play it successfully. 4-3-3 is the most basic of first steps.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 00:10 - May 18 with 1204 viewsDr_Parnassus

At least we have another angle of attack for the transition army.

“This is a new system, it needs time to work”.

I can hear it already.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 00:31 - May 18 with 1197 viewsAndyCole

What a plonker, in so many ways.

P45-inducing material. Martinfraudball at it's worst.

Go get him out, Huw. Now.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:23 - May 18 with 1185 viewsKeithHaynes

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 00:10 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

At least we have another angle of attack for the transition army.

“This is a new system, it needs time to work”.

I can hear it already.

I can’t see any real leeway for Martin next season, what I can see is people jumping on him for even the modest of errors, but as we all do we hope he succeeds.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:29 - May 18 with 1166 viewsDr_Parnassus

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:23 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I can’t see any real leeway for Martin next season, what I can see is people jumping on him for even the modest of errors, but as we all do we hope he succeeds.

After a year of leeway he’s sort of set himself up for that.

To write off a whole year and then go into the next with promotion soundbites, he’s created a rod for his own back. People will want to see what the season of transition was all in aid of - if he serves up the same dross then there will be very little tolerance from most people, and rightly so.

It was the second year where MK Dons started to get frustrated with him and his process. I expect exactly the same in the coming season, the best predictor of the future is the past.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:39 - May 18 with 1154 viewsAndyCole

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:29 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

After a year of leeway he’s sort of set himself up for that.

To write off a whole year and then go into the next with promotion soundbites, he’s created a rod for his own back. People will want to see what the season of transition was all in aid of - if he serves up the same dross then there will be very little tolerance from most people, and rightly so.

It was the second year where MK Dons started to get frustrated with him and his process. I expect exactly the same in the coming season, the best predictor of the future is the past.

'Season of transishun' is such the pyss-take of the proper fans and supporters of Swansea City. Most especially after 2 years of Play-offs. Some of us are angry, fed up with Martinfraudball shite isms.

And how some still fail to recognise that is beyond twp. No words.

15th is unacceptable, in so many ways, no excuses. And yet some still think it's all fine and dandy. Twp as.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:43 - May 18 with 1146 viewsDr_Parnassus

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:39 - May 18 by AndyCole

'Season of transishun' is such the pyss-take of the proper fans and supporters of Swansea City. Most especially after 2 years of Play-offs. Some of us are angry, fed up with Martinfraudball shite isms.

And how some still fail to recognise that is beyond twp. No words.

15th is unacceptable, in so many ways, no excuses. And yet some still think it's all fine and dandy. Twp as.

It’s certainly been insulting to our intelligence.

The amount of times he’s said he’s happy with the performance and how good we were when we have been truly awful has been staggering.

I’ve never known a season like the one we just had. To be so awful on every level yet to be promoted as some sort of wonderful entertaining season.

Just bizarre.

Login to get fewer ads

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 05:47 - May 18 with 1111 viewsvetchonian

so why wait a whole season to implement what most fans have been saying we should do for most of this season.
maybe he is reading this forum

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 07:56 - May 18 with 1059 viewsmagicdaps10

Well that didn't take long for people to attack other posters did it.

And some posters don't think they start any animosity on here.

How about we talk about the benefits of this rather than state I said we should do this and have a knock at other posters!? This is the exact type of thing that has created havoc on this board so let's talk about the football side of it rather than use it as a stick to beat other posters.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:08 - May 18 with 1042 viewsonehunglow

What I see I find hard to articulate suffice to say you cannot play expect to win any games without a goalkeeper and centre backs who are tall.The problem Russ needs to undertstand is that other teams really do have tall chaps who can win the ball in the air if the goalkeeper stays on his line-petrfiied.

God help us.

I shudder at what he might do and it might well be all too evident to even the best fans by November. Personally,Im not keen on the prospect of third tier football even if our possession stats are the highest in the league.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:16 - May 18 with 1031 viewsmagicdaps10

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:08 - May 18 by onehunglow

What I see I find hard to articulate suffice to say you cannot play expect to win any games without a goalkeeper and centre backs who are tall.The problem Russ needs to undertstand is that other teams really do have tall chaps who can win the ball in the air if the goalkeeper stays on his line-petrfiied.

God help us.

I shudder at what he might do and it might well be all too evident to even the best fans by November. Personally,Im not keen on the prospect of third tier football even if our possession stats are the highest in the league.

That's already been highlighted by Martin OHL, I think it was highlighted more so when Cabango was injured but Martin has come out and stated that more height is needed defensively.

My view on the formation change is a good one, I like a 4 at the back and I think the formation change implemented with the style that is being played will certainly benefit us as a team.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:19 - May 18 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:16 - May 18 by magicdaps10

That's already been highlighted by Martin OHL, I think it was highlighted more so when Cabango was injured but Martin has come out and stated that more height is needed defensively.

My view on the formation change is a good one, I like a 4 at the back and I think the formation change implemented with the style that is being played will certainly benefit us as a team.

Morning Daps.
Will he select Finn Burns as he didnt last season. He had height and didnt use it.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:11 - May 18 with 981 viewsmagicdaps10

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:19 - May 18 by onehunglow

Morning Daps.
Will he select Finn Burns as he didnt last season. He had height and didnt use it.

Hopefully not, I know he is young but I don't rate Burns at present.

Hope he proves me wrong and I am sure he goes on to have a good career but presently he is not up to the standard required.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:15 - May 18 with 963 viewsDr_Parnassus

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 05:47 - May 18 by vetchonian

so why wait a whole season to implement what most fans have been saying we should do for most of this season.
maybe he is reading this forum

Absolutely.

Season of transition, to where we are going into next season with a perfected system... and he's scrapping it and starting again.

You couldn't make it up.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:16 - May 18 with 975 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Let's he realises the front wide players need to be quick in the style of Dyer and Sinclair then 433 can become 451 or even 631.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:50 - May 18 with 948 viewsjasper_T

We did look better this season when we played with a back 4 imo. The Luton game was Hannes Wolf's best performance, and we went 3-0 up against Bournemouth playing that way.

Still had square pegs in a few holes, with Cyrus Christie up on the wing and Korey Smith at right back for a bit. He obviously likes his fullbacks to step into midfield rather than hold any width. But if it means we can find room for an actual defender or two who stays back to defend, and wide players up high who can actually attack, then it's a positive step towards a more effective Plan A.
4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:54 - May 18 with 937 viewsDr_Winston

Never much liked three at the back, especially when you play around there as much as we do. One slip and you can find yourself under pressure very, very quickly. Encouraging if we are purposely moving away from that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:02 - May 18 with 937 viewsonehunglow

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:11 - May 18 by magicdaps10

Hopefully not, I know he is young but I don't rate Burns at present.

Hope he proves me wrong and I am sure he goes on to have a good career but presently he is not up to the standard required.

So why did Martin have him in on loan. It was a waste as is obvious.

He had 6.5 Burns and 6-2 Bennett available for that Forest game. Bennett is ok as a stopper ,if nothing else and not a right back where he was selected to play.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:28 - May 18 with 918 viewsswan65split

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 01:23 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

Going to be tough in the league next season, if we aren't in the mix by November ,Press is on for Martin to succeed , if we aint up there, and he stays I cant see the fans being happy, its make or break for us next season.
4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:28 - May 18 with 918 viewsBryanSwan

Would be happy with a shift to 4 at the back, have never personally been much of a fan of 5 at the back systems.
Hopefully we will add some much needed width in attacking areas, sacrifice a bit of possession for a bit more attacking intent.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:50 - May 18 with 876 viewsmagicdaps10

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:02 - May 18 by onehunglow

So why did Martin have him in on loan. It was a waste as is obvious.

He had 6.5 Burns and 6-2 Bennett available for that Forest game. Bennett is ok as a stopper ,if nothing else and not a right back where he was selected to play.

Burns can be filed under Mark Allen.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:54 - May 18 with 869 viewsmagicdaps10

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:54 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Never much liked three at the back, especially when you play around there as much as we do. One slip and you can find yourself under pressure very, very quickly. Encouraging if we are purposely moving away from that.

Possibly the recruitment plan for the summer could have had a say in it.

For me it's a step in the right direction as I have also favoured a back 4, the system as Martin stated will have a lot more availability for players to interchange in the attacking 3rd and done so far easier.

From what the indication is, the football will stay the same but clearly the shape will change to try and get the best out of it.

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 11:45 - May 18 with 832 viewsonehunglow

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 10:50 - May 18 by magicdaps10

Burns can be filed under Mark Allen.

Might as well have Gracie Allen

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 20:50 - May 18 with 639 viewsvetchonian

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 11:45 - May 18 by onehunglow

Might as well have Gracie Allen

Steve Martin coul be better than Russell...the Burbs and Allen reference will have gone over many heads OHL

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024