Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin turns down job 07:30 - May 18 with 3995 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61483287

Speaking at a Swansea fans' forum on Tuesday night, Martin said: "We are just really grateful to be here. Our families love being here and we love being here.

"We have been supported incredibly well since we have been here, which we will always be grateful for.

"My agent rang me two weeks ago and said there's a club that would like to speak to you. I said I had absolutely no interest because we are really happy here.

"I think we are early on in a project we feel really passionate about. We left our old club early to come here, but it is probably one of the only clubs we would have done that for because of the Swansea way, the environment and the playing style.

"We are really excited to get to work in pre-season and carry on."
Martin turns down job on 08:09 - May 18 with 2084 viewsonehunglow

That's a great start to the day.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin turns down job on 08:22 - May 18 with 2053 viewspencoedjack

Forest Green would be my bet.
Martin turns down job on 08:24 - May 18 with 2041 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 08:22 - May 18 by pencoedjack

Forest Green would be my bet.

Forest Green not a proper club though.

Martin turns down job on 08:54 - May 18 with 2014 viewsraynor94

Watford by all accounts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Martin turns down job on 09:21 - May 18 with 1985 viewsBest_loser

Strange thing to say , would have thought he would have kept that to himself
Martin turns down job on 09:49 - May 18 with 1943 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin turns down job on 09:21 - May 18 by Best_loser

Strange thing to say , would have thought he would have kept that to himself

Insecure I would have thought based on some of the turnaround in support for him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Martin turns down job on 09:50 - May 18 with 1938 viewsjasper_T

Martin turns down job on 08:54 - May 18 by raynor94

Watford by all accounts

He'd have made decent money there for 3 months work.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 9:51]
Martin turns down job on 09:59 - May 18 with 1915 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 09:49 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

Insecure I would have thought based on some of the turnaround in support for him.

He might be touting for more money from our club by making out he is in demand.
He might be yet another greedy chap who walks away leaving a cub with not so much as a passing thought.

Make no mistake Keith,this fella will be gone sooner than many think .What bothers me is with whom he will be replaced.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin turns down job on 10:00 - May 18 with 1915 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin turns down job on 09:59 - May 18 by onehunglow

He might be touting for more money from our club by making out he is in demand.
He might be yet another greedy chap who walks away leaving a cub with not so much as a passing thought.

Make no mistake Keith,this fella will be gone sooner than many think .What bothers me is with whom he will be replaced.

I get it you don’t like him 😂

Martin turns down job on 10:18 - May 18 with 1886 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 10:00 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I get it you don’t like him 😂

Nothing personal Guv,although he has too many teeth and they are too white.
I'll leave his hair alone as I don't want another ban.

I'd employ him as my gardener

Martin turns down job on 10:21 - May 18 with 1887 viewsBoundy

Martin turns down job on 08:09 - May 18 by onehunglow

That's a great start to the day.

indeed it is , a whole preseason and his own players , no more excuses then

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Martin turns down job on 10:22 - May 18 with 1885 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin turns down job on 10:18 - May 18 by onehunglow

Nothing personal Guv,although he has too many teeth and they are too white.
I'll leave his hair alone as I don't want another ban.

I'd employ him as my gardener

He does have lovely teeth.
So do I now. 😂

Martin turns down job on 10:25 - May 18 with 1871 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 10:22 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

He does have lovely teeth.
So do I now. 😂

Not as nice or gorgeous as Klopp although Im sure Klopp needs a bigger mouth for all those teeth.
His ma must have made him brush his teeth after every meal and was not allowed boiled sweets which were a treat for us born in the days of rationing.

Footballers used to have gums like old hags .

Martin turns down job on 10:33 - May 18 with 1859 viewspikeypaul

He knows now that he’s getting Jack from the Yanks thanks to the greedy sellout bar stewards.

And will very quickly follow the likes of Potter and Cooper who came with good intentions only to be shat on by the sellouts/ hedge funders.

And if he has any ambition he will be gone , Brighton and Notts Forrest fans are laughing their balls off how inept our owners are in letting these two walk.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Martin turns down job on 10:35 - May 18 with 1866 viewsbuilthjack

Why on earth would he want to go to that basket case of a club.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin turns down job on 11:01 - May 18 with 1829 viewsshandyjack

Martin turns down job on 10:33 - May 18 by pikeypaul

He knows now that he’s getting Jack from the Yanks thanks to the greedy sellout bar stewards.

And will very quickly follow the likes of Potter and Cooper who came with good intentions only to be shat on by the sellouts/ hedge funders.

And if he has any ambition he will be gone , Brighton and Notts Forrest fans are laughing their balls off how inept our owners are in letting these two walk.

Cooper was given, Gallagher, Brewster, Gehui, Ayew on 80k a week for 2 seasons, plus many more. I'd hardly say he was shat on by the owners

Potter came in knowing the situation we were in at the time and that we had to sell players, he still had Mcburnine, Roberts, Fer, Van der hoorn, Celina and Grimes, again hardly shat on was he.

Martin was allowed to spend money frequently, Piroe, Martins, Fisher,Ogbeta, Williams Loan wouldn't have been cheap, Downes. Pretty much given licence and allowed to take a squad from 2 play off campaigns to 15th without a murmur of content from the owners. He's had an easy ride as far as i can see

Poll: Expectation for the season

Martin turns down job on 11:43 - May 18 with 1773 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 10:33 - May 18 by pikeypaul

It’s how. I see it
Nothing will change until we get shot of the Yanks

Martin turns down job on 13:09 - May 18 with 1696 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Turns down job?

All that article says is that, according to Russell Martin's agent, another team wanted to talk to him.

I do not understand how that equates to Russell Martin turning down a job?

That is, of course, assuming what his agent said is true - and he wasn't simply asking for permission from his client to put his name forward to Watford's recruitment team.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Martin turns down job on 13:48 - May 18 with 1639 viewsonehunglow

Martin turns down job on 13:09 - May 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Turns down job?

All that article says is that, according to Russell Martin's agent, another team wanted to talk to him.

I do not understand how that equates to Russell Martin turning down a job?

That is, of course, assuming what his agent said is true - and he wasn't simply asking for permission from his client to put his name forward to Watford's recruitment team.

You get the impression,dwight ,Russ is fishing for another Post?

Martin turns down job on 13:57 - May 18 with 1626 viewspikeypaul

Of course he is , he knows that thanks to the greedy sell out shites bringing a hedge fund in whose only intention ever was to screw ever last penny out of the club, he’s getting Jack to spend, and what’s more ANYTHING with any value will be sold.

Who TF would not want away? Potter and Cooper have already confirmed that.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Martin turns down job on 14:34 - May 18 with 1587 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s actually ‘turned down the chance to talk to a rival club’

Martin turns down job on 14:40 - May 18 with 1563 viewsDr_Parnassus

If there is one thing I’ve learned about Martin is that his image, or more specifically how he is perceived, is of utmost importance to him.

Pretending he is some in demand manager publicly does not shock me in the slightest. From all other managers telling him how difficult his tactics are to play against (even though most had no trouble beating them), to his repetitive “dominance” spiel, to his refusal to take questions on his tactics.

It’s all about the show. I can’t listen to him for longer than 2 mins.

I really am looking forward to the next era, whenever that may be. This period we are in just seems like wasted time.

I notice he’s already setting up the narrative for next season - still early in the process apparently, despite just writing off around 50 games.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 14:42]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martin turns down job on 14:53 - May 18 with 1546 viewsshandyjack

Martin turns down job on 13:57 - May 18 by pikeypaul

Of course he is , he knows that thanks to the greedy sell out shites bringing a hedge fund in whose only intention ever was to screw ever last penny out of the club, he’s getting Jack to spend, and what’s more ANYTHING with any value will be sold.

Who TF would not want away? Potter and Cooper have already confirmed that.

we spent the 5th or 6th most on transfers last season and will most likely spend a similar amount this summer. If we just sold whoever was bid on for money then Grimes would have left last summer and not signed a new contract.

The owners in the past made colossal mistakes but no one can argue they haven't done right the last 3/4 seasons surely

Poll: Expectation for the season

Martin turns down job on 15:44 - May 18 with 1477 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin turns down job on 14:40 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

If there is one thing I’ve learned about Martin is that his image, or more specifically how he is perceived, is of utmost importance to him.

Pretending he is some in demand manager publicly does not shock me in the slightest. From all other managers telling him how difficult his tactics are to play against (even though most had no trouble beating them), to his repetitive “dominance” spiel, to his refusal to take questions on his tactics.

It’s all about the show. I can’t listen to him for longer than 2 mins.

I really am looking forward to the next era, whenever that may be. This period we are in just seems like wasted time.

I notice he’s already setting up the narrative for next season - still early in the process apparently, despite just writing off around 50 games.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 14:42]

My guess is he never turned them down at all maybe they wanted to speak to him but there was no guarantee of a job.

A bit like Brendan with Liverpool a few years back.

2 different things completely talking and a club offering him a job.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Martin turns down job on 16:00 - May 18 with 1439 viewsDr_Winston

Martin turns down job on 14:53 - May 18 by shandyjack

we spent the 5th or 6th most on transfers last season and will most likely spend a similar amount this summer. If we just sold whoever was bid on for money then Grimes would have left last summer and not signed a new contract.

The owners in the past made colossal mistakes but no one can argue they haven't done right the last 3/4 seasons surely

Wasting your time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024