Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks 23:20 - May 18 with 624 viewsSTID2017

Three things I noticed last night.
The first was that at on at least one corner, the ball was clearly nowhere near the arc.
Then at least twice, it seemed as if the keeper came out of the 18 yard box before releasing the ball from his hands to kick it.
As for throw in's, they have become a joke.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 00:38 - May 19 with 586 viewsDr_Parnassus

People always complain about the ball not being in the arc but it always is.

It can be outside the arc but still technically be inside. The ball is a sphere so even when it’s put outside the arc, some part of the circumference will be overhanging the line, meaning it’s in the arc. To the naked eye it will seem outside though.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 06:59 - May 19 with 544 viewsbuilthjack

Agree STID. Many throw ins are illegal, keepers regularly go a foot or more out of the box when releasing the ball, and lots of corners with the balls circumference outside the arc.
But they don't want stoppages so just carry on. It's all about the telly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 07:13 - May 19 with 536 viewsDr_Parnassus

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 06:59 - May 19 by builthjack

Agree STID. Many throw ins are illegal, keepers regularly go a foot or more out of the box when releasing the ball, and lots of corners with the balls circumference outside the arc.
But they don't want stoppages so just carry on. It's all about the telly.

You wouldn’t be able to tell if the circumference is outside the arc unless you are looking at a direct birds-eye view of the ball.

Hence why when the linesmen check they do so standing over the ball, something of course you are unable to do. This has been done for so long as I can remember and nothing to do with television.

People complained about this one because “the ball was not touching the line”. Perfectly legal.

Next time you see one STID, screen grab and post it.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 7:26]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 07:50 - May 19 with 501 viewsSTID2017

Corners, Throw In's and Goalkeepers Kicks on 07:13 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

You wouldn’t be able to tell if the circumference is outside the arc unless you are looking at a direct birds-eye view of the ball.

Hence why when the linesmen check they do so standing over the ball, something of course you are unable to do. This has been done for so long as I can remember and nothing to do with television.

People complained about this one because “the ball was not touching the line”. Perfectly legal.

Next time you see one STID, screen grab and post it.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 7:26]

I am not that inane as to go to the those lengths.
However the one I observed on Tues in the Forest game ( can't remember which side) was nowhere near the arc.
I am well aware the rules have changed and where as it was expected to be inside the arc now it is within touching distance of the arc, but this one was a good four inches away from any part of the arc.
The linesman was on the other side so did could not check it and guess the ref was too busy watching the pushing and shoving in the area to be worried about it ?
Just an example, as the others are, of advantages being gained that weren't tolerated before

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024