Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid Wales wild swimming. 10:50 - May 19 with 1471 viewsonehunglow

Folks,looking for new spots to swim in lakes and rivers .
Builth is rather too far for a day with young dog so anywhere 30 mins north Of Builth would do.
There are good spots in Herefordshire and Wye Valley but rather too long with our young dog .

Anyone interested Leintwardine is quite beautiful.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 10:53 - May 19 with 1462 viewsbuilthjack

Whirly pool, Berriew (Welshpool).
Lovely little pool. Quiet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:15 - May 19 with 1412 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 10:53 - May 19 by builthjack

Whirly pool, Berriew (Welshpool).
Lovely little pool. Quiet.

Thanks
I would have passed that hundreds of times

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 15:42 - May 19 with 1386 viewsBoundy

Ex colleague of mine lives in Leintwardine, Its a lovely part of the world but he's been flooded out 3 time in the past 6 years so beauty comes at a cost

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 16:45 - May 19 with 1374 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 15:42 - May 19 by Boundy

Ex colleague of mine lives in Leintwardine, Its a lovely part of the world but he's been flooded out 3 time in the past 6 years so beauty comes at a cost

Boundy
Where we swim there is basically at the foot of people's gardens.Incredible place to live by the bridge there but I can imagine that place in full flood.

We re taking a few days next month in Tenbury Wells and there are a few swim spots on the River Lugg.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 21:07 - May 19 with 1331 viewsBoundy

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 16:45 - May 19 by onehunglow

Boundy
Where we swim there is basically at the foot of people's gardens.Incredible place to live by the bridge there but I can imagine that place in full flood.

We re taking a few days next month in Tenbury Wells and there are a few swim spots on the River Lugg.

He lives not that far from the bridge , sometimes he wishes he didn't

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 23:34 - May 23 with 1232 viewsSTID2017

Bala Lake not too far from you.
Absolutely beautiful

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 09:49 - May 24 with 1194 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 23:34 - May 23 by STID2017

Bala Lake not too far from you.
Absolutely beautiful

Morning.
Its 60 miles and a nice run.
It is very very cold and there is a beach on the south bank but it's normally very busy with bluddy tourists mun.

But,yeah,we would be looking to go before the summer hordes.

PS, we spend lots of money when in north Wales.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 10:27 - May 24 with 1186 viewsmax936

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 16:45 - May 19 by onehunglow

Boundy

Cracking River the Lugg, I've caught some lovely fish from there, don't go doing your ablutions in there and polluting the water

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 12:08 - May 24 with 1179 viewsbuilthjack

Carding Mill, Church Stretton.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:26 - May 24 with 1161 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 10:27 - May 24 by max936

Cracking River the Lugg, I've caught some lovely fish from there, don't go doing your ablutions in there and polluting the water

It's not suitable textile free Steve,ffs

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:27 - May 24 with 1160 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 12:08 - May 24 by builthjack

Carding Mill, Church Stretton.

We've done that Ken.
It's a glorious area and from the top of the Long Mynd you can see forever. It's easy to get lost there though.We did anyway.
The town has a few decent alehouses and cafe.

Thanks for the comments and keeping the thread going.

Although we live virtually surrounded by water,the swimming isnt good owing to the fast ,capricious tides and the often muddy shoreline. It is very shallow and ok for kids paddling thoughThe sandbanks and gulleys we have make it a death trap for those not familiar with the area.

In the days,Merseyside Police held a famous River Swim from Seacombe to New Brighton .The current ,turns,prams and other detritus make it a quick "swim".

Sadly,the event no longer runs.Health and Safety. Min you,it was not healthy and not very safe especially when a Ship was going up or down the river.

Our Lifeboat at Hoylake is very busy during the summer months.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 14:33]

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:30 - May 24 with 1158 viewscontroversial_jack

Cold open water swimming is very stimulation as everyone knows, but not sure i could take the first step in actually getting myself into the water. Probabley an age thing
Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:36 - May 24 with 1150 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 14:30 - May 24 by controversial_jack

Cold open water swimming is very stimulation as everyone knows, but not sure i could take the first step in actually getting myself into the water. Probabley an age thing

We wear 3mm wet suits Contra. I dont mind cold water that much though and you still feel the cold through most suits as if they were that thick ,you wouldn't be able to move.

Always wear trunks underneath too and wife wears a costume.

Frankly,it's ok for the water to be cold but it's the ambient outside temperature that's key.If it's cold outside when you get out,you'll stay cold for a while.

The western Algarve is the very best place.Freezing water but hot sunshine.

Get down there-anywhere from Lagos west.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 23:26 - May 24 with 1122 viewsbuilthjack

I kept the best until last. Very local to me.

Pant y Llyn Pool. About 3 miles from Builth.
A 4x4 will get you there, otherwise it's a half mile gentle walk from road to pool.
Check it out.

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 09:55 - May 25 with 1077 viewsonehunglow

Mid Wales wild swimming. on 23:26 - May 24 by builthjack

I kept the best until last. Very local to me.

Pant y Llyn Pool. About 3 miles from Builth.
A 4x4 will get you there, otherwise it's a half mile gentle walk from road to pool.
Check it out.

Thanks.
Sadly I dont have a 4x4 and the pup is still a pup.
we will try that pool in Berriew though.

Again,thank you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024