Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new london elizabeth line ….. 20:42 - May 19 with 5495 viewsKilkennyjack

Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 07:10 - May 23 with 1064 viewsDr_Winston

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 21:14 - May 22 by trampie

If Welsh residents go to England for treatment the Welsh NHS pays, if English immigrants get treated in Wales if they reside here in Wales then the Welsh NHS pays.

So should for example Polish migrants to Wales have to get their own health service to pay for treatment if they need it or is it just the English?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 09:01 - May 23 with 1025 viewstrampie

It's not the system it's the underfunding of Wales that is the problem.
Wales needs to be adequately compensated by central Government due to its age demographics, rural areas etc but we get crumbs off the table, we in Wales don't get the money we should do off Westminster Government.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 10:52 - May 23 with 1000 viewscontroversial_jack

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 20:55 - May 22 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It’s a national health service, not a regional health service. They’ve paid into the pot all their lives.

There is no pot of money saved, it's spent as soon as it's raised
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:10 - May 23 with 949 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 21:14 - May 22 by trampie

If Welsh residents go to England for treatment the Welsh NHS pays, if English immigrants get treated in Wales if they reside here in Wales then the Welsh NHS pays.

So you are saying, wherever your residence is that NHS pays for your treatment. Example, a Welsh immigrant into England their treatment is paid for by the English NHS.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:40 - May 23 with 932 viewstrampie

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:10 - May 23 by Whiterockin

So you are saying, wherever your residence is that NHS pays for your treatment. Example, a Welsh immigrant into England their treatment is paid for by the English NHS.

Yes I would think that is the case.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:45 - May 23 with 923 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:40 - May 23 by trampie

Yes I would think that is the case.

So it's fair then.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:00 - May 23 with 902 viewsTreforys_Jack

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:10 - May 23 by Whiterockin

If someone moves from Builth Wells to Carmarthen, are they an immigrant?
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:04 - May 23 with 897 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:00 - May 23 by Treforys_Jack

If someone moves from Builth Wells to Carmarthen, are they an immigrant?

Depending on where they are born.
Login to get fewer ads

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:06 - May 23 with 892 viewstrampie

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:45 - May 23 by Whiterockin

So it's fair then.

No

It's not fair because Wales loses a few hundred younger people a year who are not a drain on English NHS and services but Wales gain thousands of old people from England every year who are a drain on the Welsh NHS and services.

I can't be arsed to look for the latest figures for you but the last figures I seen we in Wales had a net loss of young people in the hundreds but a net gain of old people in the thousands.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:19 - May 23 with 879 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:06 - May 23 by trampie

No

It's not fair because Wales loses a few hundred younger people a year who are not a drain on English NHS and services but Wales gain thousands of old people from England every year who are a drain on the Welsh NHS and services.

I can't be arsed to look for the latest figures for you but the last figures I seen we in Wales had a net loss of young people in the hundreds but a net gain of old people in the thousands.

So there is a brain drain of talented youngsters to England because it offers better prospects. I can't blame them really.
How many of these wealthy English immigrants have private medical insurance so are not a drain on the Welsh NHS.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:22 - May 23 with 873 viewsBoundy

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:06 - May 23 by trampie

No

Who's fault its not fair?if job opportunities are non existent then who can blame the young for leaving
" MORE young people are leaving Wales for England than are coming into the country, new figures show. (2021)

The only exceptions, where there is inward net migration of young people, are areas where there is a university.

Wales loses an average of 160 16 to 24-year-olds every year to England, according to a Welsh Government report.

But an average of an extra 2,750 45 to 64-year-olds move to the country from across the border each year." Hence the increase in an already ageing population
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-young-people-wales-leaving-18

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/18/you-have-to-go-where-the-work-is

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:30 - May 23 with 855 viewstrampie

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:19 - May 23 by Whiterockin

So there is a brain drain of talented youngsters to England because it offers better prospects. I can't blame them really.
How many of these wealthy English immigrants have private medical insurance so are not a drain on the Welsh NHS.

The net figures for the young are small, too small to call a brain drain.
I don't know about old wealthy people as some of them probably had no money in England got a big whack for an ordinary house up there and come here for the good life, so I would not expect most of them to have private medical insurance.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:36 - May 23 with 843 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:30 - May 23 by trampie

The net figures for the young are small, too small to call a brain drain.
I don't know about old wealthy people as some of them probably had no money in England got a big whack for an ordinary house up there and come here for the good life, so I would not expect most of them to have private medical insurance.

A lot of assumptions there and very little facts to back it up.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:42 - May 23 with 828 viewstrampie

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:36 - May 23 by Whiterockin

A lot of assumptions there and very little facts to back it up.

In fairness it's you assumed with no facts that they were wealthy and I replied to your assumption.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:49 - May 23 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:42 - May 23 by trampie

In fairness it's you assumed with no facts that they were wealthy and I replied to your assumption.

If the age range is 45-64 they can hardly be poor if they are coming here to retire.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:57 - May 23 with 807 viewstrampie

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:49 - May 23 by Whiterockin

If the age range is 45-64 they can hardly be poor if they are coming here to retire.

You are making quite an assumption there if you think they have private medical insurance.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:58 - May 23 with 803 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:57 - May 23 by trampie

You are making quite an assumption there if you think they have private medical insurance.

Only asked the question.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 18:04 - May 23 with 792 viewsWhiterockin

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:58 - May 23 by Whiterockin

Only asked the question.

I'll be honest I would be surprised if a lot of the immigration is not only just over the border into the large new estates east of Newport. The influx there from Bristol is incredible with the majority still working in their jobs and just commuting.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 18:40 - May 23 with 745 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

How can it be “immigration” for someone to move from one part of the UK to another in the first place?
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 18:52 - May 23 with 730 viewsTreforys_Jack

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 18:40 - May 23 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

How can it be “immigration” for someone to move from one part of the UK to another in the first place?

My point exactly, xenophobia running wild again. If Wales became independent, it wouldn't be long before Carmarthenshire or Powys for example decided they weren't Welsh after all and want independence. Then towns within Carmarthenshire or Powys would decide they wanted to be independent from said County. It would never end.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 08:57 - May 24 with 666 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is a national health service. Anyone living in the UK is entitled to travel or move to anywhere within the UK and get free treatment. Clearly if people move they will start paying taxes to their local council for services.

What each devolved government and the NHS in general should be doing is tackling health tourism where non UK citizens get free treatment. They should be charged for the actual cost. Try getting free treatment if you fall ill in the rest of the world especially the USA . Even when we were in the EU and if the had an European health card, you still payed a basic fee to visit a doctor.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 12:49 - May 24 with 644 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have no trouble accepting UK investment and there was a need for this line.

Why was the Cross rail popular (supported by Daily Mail Express etc) and HS2 unpopular? The answer lies one increases London Property prices and the other does not.

Southerner do not like seeing money spent outside the south. HS2 should have gone to Scotland 30 years ago, Now Scotland wants to leave.

What I do object to is Wales being described as freeloaders and the so called £15bln deficit. Only South east England is in profits dues to centralisation Government policies. It sucks wealth out of the regions.

Government policies like printing money create a property boom and this artificially inflates South east wealth with the HMG subsidising the banking sector.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 13:49 - May 24 with 625 viewscontroversial_jack

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 12:49 - May 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I have no trouble accepting UK investment and there was a need for this line.

Why was the Cross rail popular (supported by Daily Mail Express etc) and HS2 unpopular? The answer lies one increases London Property prices and the other does not.

Southerner do not like seeing money spent outside the south. HS2 should have gone to Scotland 30 years ago, Now Scotland wants to leave.

What I do object to is Wales being described as freeloaders and the so called £15bln deficit. Only South east England is in profits dues to centralisation Government policies. It sucks wealth out of the regions.

Government policies like printing money create a property boom and this artificially inflates South east wealth with the HMG subsidising the banking sector.

Yes, the S East does take all the money. The real reason for HS2, is not to open up the north , but to bring the North to London
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:43 - May 24 with 607 viewsjohnlangy

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 13:49 - May 24 by controversial_jack

Yes, the S East does take all the money. The real reason for HS2, is not to open up the north , but to bring the North to London

100% correct. And also to bring even more wealth to the one place in the UK that doesn't need it.
The new london elizabeth line ….. on 17:24 - May 24 with 594 viewsBoundy

The new london elizabeth line ….. on 16:43 - May 24 by johnlangy

100% correct. And also to bring even more wealth to the one place in the UK that doesn't need it.

How do you come to that conclusion ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024