Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? 11:56 - May 21 with 2448 viewsBadlands

Congratulation to the player

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11861/12617974/european-round-up-tammy-a

Well short of John Charles' record though.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:04 - May 21 with 2023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Me.

I was one of the few championing him as a top talent when people were calling him a donkey. I made a bet with someone that he would get 50 top flight career goals, which I believe he has got already by the age of 24.

I said buying him for 20m was a no brainer and a load of people went mad at me. He is now worth about 50m.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:28 - May 21 with 2013 viewsDr_Winston

Who'd have thought? A few astute individuals did if memory serves.

Whilst most were dismissing him as "Bambi on Ice", others noticed that the few chances he had were generally tucked away with ease and in a more attacking team he was capable of scoring even more. No surprise to see him do as well as he did at Chelsea, Villa and Roma.

He's a bloody good striker. Not in the top echelon, but more than capable enough for most PL teams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:51 - May 21 with 1987 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I can’t think of any other English strikers playing in serie A. I remember platt and Gazza and beckham being out there but they were all midfielders.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:02 - May 21 with 1942 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:51 - May 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I can’t think of any other English strikers playing in serie A. I remember platt and Gazza and beckham being out there but they were all midfielders.

Jimmy Greaves played for Milan, but apart from him then there hasn't been many others.

I won't count Jay Bothroyd.

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:08 - May 21 with 1956 viewsVARDREJACK

Ian Rush for Juventus in 1986 sorry just realised you ment English forwards
[Post edited 21 May 2022 13:11]
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:10 - May 21 with 1946 viewsFireboy2

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:08 - May 21 by VARDREJACK

Ian Rush for Juventus in 1986 sorry just realised you ment English forwards
[Post edited 21 May 2022 13:11]

Haha nice try 😆
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:11 - May 21 with 1946 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:04 - May 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Me.

I was one of the few championing him as a top talent when people were calling him a donkey. I made a bet with someone that he would get 50 top flight career goals, which I believe he has got already by the age of 24.

I said buying him for 20m was a no brainer and a load of people went mad at me. He is now worth about 50m.

I likened him to Emmanuel Adebayor. He too was a slow burner and kicked on after his 23th birthday. It is traditional for forum sages to trash young up and coming targets especially big number 9s. Swansea and Wales in particular do not produce this sort of player.

Both Surridge and Goykers were trashed before lighting up other teams.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:42 - May 21 with 1895 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:11 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I likened him to Emmanuel Adebayor. He too was a slow burner and kicked on after his 23th birthday. It is traditional for forum sages to trash young up and coming targets especially big number 9s. Swansea and Wales in particular do not produce this sort of player.

Both Surridge and Goykers were trashed before lighting up other teams.

Gyokeres is actually a donkey, I think you also said he was not very good at the time.

Agree regarding Abraham though, I did a piece on his movement and instincts in his first game for us. He was the first to react in the box to everything.

Login to get fewer ads

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 15:07 - May 21 with 1867 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 13:02 - May 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Jimmy Greaves played for Milan, but apart from him then there hasn't been many others.

I won't count Jay Bothroyd.

Yes 9 goals in 10 games before a falling out with the manager apparently.

Either way even though Tammy is undoubtedly doing well being the top English scorer is nothing really to shout about.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 15:18 - May 21 with 1860 viewsgrabsplatter

Mark Hateley had a spell in Milan - injuries hampered his time there though.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 16:40 - May 21 with 1822 viewstheloneranger

Gerry Hitchens.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 16:44 - May 21 with 1806 viewsWhiterockin

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 16:40 - May 21 by theloneranger

Gerry Hitchens.

Trevor Francis
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:03 - May 21 with 1752 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 16:40 - May 21 by theloneranger

Gerry Hitchens.

Yes he had a good record but he’s been dead forty years.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:19 - May 21 with 1730 viewslifelong

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 16:44 - May 21 by Whiterockin

Trevor Francis

Trevor Francis was a bloody good player, I saw him playing for Birmingham City away at Bristol City, not sure of the date but it was sometime in the mid 70’s. He was only in his early 20’s but the opposition just couldn’t handle him.
It’s funny how some games and players stick in the mind.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:35 - May 21 with 1720 viewsonehunglow

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:03 - May 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Yes he had a good record but he’s been dead forty years.

Died in a village called Hope,outside Wrexham.
A name from our Charlie Buchan's annual.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:49 - May 21 with 1700 viewsKeithHaynes

Paul Ince I seem to recall.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:52 - May 21 with 1693 views73__73

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:28 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Who'd have thought? A few astute individuals did if memory serves.

Whilst most were dismissing him as "Bambi on Ice", others noticed that the few chances he had were generally tucked away with ease and in a more attacking team he was capable of scoring even more. No surprise to see him do as well as he did at Chelsea, Villa and Roma.

He's a bloody good striker. Not in the top echelon, but more than capable enough for most PL teams.

Even though he’s a good player now, you can’t hide the fact he was poor during his time at Swansea.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 19:07 - May 21 with 1668 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:52 - May 21 by 73__73

Even though he’s a good player now, you can’t hide the fact he was poor during his time at Swansea.

He was always trying stupid tricks and flicks that were completely unnecessary and had pretty much a 100% fail rate. Think Jose or someone has grabbed hold of him since and just made him do the basics first and he’s a better player for it.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 20:02 - May 21 with 1618 viewsWhiterockin

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:19 - May 21 by lifelong

Trevor Francis was a bloody good player, I saw him playing for Birmingham City away at Bristol City, not sure of the date but it was sometime in the mid 70’s. He was only in his early 20’s but the opposition just couldn’t handle him.

I met him in a restaurant in the Tosh era. I asked him if he was signing and he explained he was visiting his inlaws and just having a night out with his wife. Fantastic guy and took time to chat, a real gentleman.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 20:20 - May 21 with 1605 viewshowenjack

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 20:02 - May 21 by Whiterockin

I met him in a restaurant in the Tosh era. I asked him if he was signing and he explained he was visiting his inlaws and just having a night out with his wife. Fantastic guy and took time to chat, a real gentleman.

I think his wife was from LLanelli - apparently he used to watch Scarlets home games when he could.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 21:03 - May 21 with 1564 viewsDr_Winston

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:52 - May 21 by 73__73

He wasn't though was he?

As per usual, Swans fans cheerfully blame the player rather than consider the reasons why the player might be struggling. It won't have been easy for any attacking player during the Clement/Carvalhal era.

Abraham did what he could with the service he had. For some his ability was obvious. For others it wasn't. Time has told who was in the right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 22:36 - May 21 with 1502 viewsmajorraglan

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 18:19 - May 21 by lifelong

Urban legend has it that there used to be a saying up in Birmingham that “Trevor Francis would sign for Juventus and the rest would be signed by Fray Bentos.”

Great player, but had injury issues.
Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 09:59 - May 22 with 1383 views73__73

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 21:03 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

He wasn't though was he?

As per usual, Swans fans cheerfully blame the player rather than consider the reasons why the player might be struggling. It won't have been easy for any attacking player during the Clement/Carvalhal era.

Abraham did what he could with the service he had. For some his ability was obvious. For others it wasn't. Time has told who was in the right.

Who’s blaming the player ? You are reading things I never said.
Blaming other reasons why he wasn’t very good for Swansea, could be used by any player who doesn’t quite make it at a particular club.

If I remember correctly his first league game for us was away at Southampton and he missed a couple of great chances. I’m not interested in looking back 4 or 5 years and dissecting his whole season with us but think it’s fair to say it was a poor season.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 10:47 - May 22 with 1363 viewsDr_Parnassus

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 09:59 - May 22 by 73__73

Who’s blaming the player ? You are reading things I never said.
Blaming other reasons why he wasn’t very good for Swansea, could be used by any player who doesn’t quite make it at a particular club.

If I remember correctly his first league game for us was away at Southampton and he missed a couple of great chances. I’m not interested in looking back 4 or 5 years and dissecting his whole season with us but think it’s fair to say it was a poor season.

I was impressed with him whenever he was given opportunities (he only started 15 in the Premier League, scoring 5).

His movement, anticipation and reactions as I said at the time were at a level rarely seen at our club. He is ranked the 16th best striker on the planet right now. Probably sounds about right.

I can understand the point that he wasn’t effective enough for us to keep the club up.

But that was was the team we were, we were on a downward spiral and we created next to nothing. We scored 28 goals that year, lowest in the league. Our strikers were on a hiding to nothing, Jordan Ayew also struggled to score regularly and he is every bit a classy Premier League performer.

We were awful.

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 12:02 - May 23 with 1210 viewstheloneranger

Tammy Abraham … who'd have thought? on 10:47 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I was impressed with him whenever he was given opportunities (he only started 15 in the Premier League, scoring 5).

His movement, anticipation and reactions as I said at the time were at a level rarely seen at our club. He is ranked the 16th best striker on the planet right now. Probably sounds about right.

I can understand the point that he wasn’t effective enough for us to keep the club up.

But that was was the team we were, we were on a downward spiral and we created next to nothing. We scored 28 goals that year, lowest in the league. Our strikers were on a hiding to nothing, Jordan Ayew also struggled to score regularly and he is every bit a classy Premier League performer.

We were awful.

Jordan Ayew is still struggling to score goals.

2021/22 31 games 3 goals

2020/21. 33 games. 1 goal.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024