Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you really stand ? 21:39 - May 22 with 3418 viewsKeithHaynes

On the Wales national team ?
Or do you follow other countries instead ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where do you really stand ? on 17:45 - May 25 with 618 viewsowainglyndwr

Swans , Wales Ireland ..
All family connections
Where do you really stand ? on 22:47 - May 25 with 578 viewsmajorraglan

Where do you really stand ? on 23:36 - May 23 by Sirjohnalot

Yeah, I remember him, liked to wear gloves. Also punched a racist in the terraces for abusing him. Great player.

Webb was a good player - I reckon the fan must have **** himself seeing Webb coming towards him.
I remember Gerald Cordle going in to the crowd after some racist abuse from supporter in a match at Aberavon Quins back in the 80’s.
We’ve come a long way since then, but there are still lots of bigots and racists about.
Where do you really stand ? on 06:49 - May 26 with 545 viewsDr_Winston

Where do you really stand ? on 20:34 - May 23 by Lorax

This for me too. I enjoyed Euro 2016 but I don't have any hopes or expectations for Wales and I'm not disappointed anymore, when Welsh football fails. For a long time now I have had trouble watching any football if it's not the Swans, it has to be an exceptional game to keep my interest. I tried watching Man City v Villa and I kept drifting off it.

Pretty much, it's the Swans or nothing.

It's ironic because Italia 90 was what got me into football in the first place. These days though I find the general standard of International games to be far below the best club matches and a lot less watchable.

Tournaments can still be entertaining in their way, but the general grind of friendlies, qualifiers and this absurd Nations League just isn't worth watching for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Where do you really stand ? on 08:02 - May 26 with 515 viewsFireboy2

Where do you really stand ? on 06:49 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

It's ironic because Italia 90 was what got me into football in the first place. These days though I find the general standard of International games to be far below the best club matches and a lot less watchable.

Tournaments can still be entertaining in their way, but the general grind of friendlies, qualifiers and this absurd Nations League just isn't worth watching for me.

It's not about the standard Doc, it's about supporting your country, no matter how shit they are.

Same with your club.
Where do you really stand ? on 13:36 - May 26 with 475 viewsonehunglow

Where do you really stand ? on 08:02 - May 26 by Fireboy2

It's not about the standard Doc, it's about supporting your country, no matter how shit they are.

Same with your club.

And the right of any individual to support anyway they wish which means they should be free of those deriding those for not supporting a they think they should.

Some people are fans of Swansea City and England. Fact.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Where do you really stand ? on 14:31 - May 26 with 466 viewsKeithHaynes

Where do you really stand ? on 22:47 - May 25 by majorraglan

Webb was a good player - I reckon the fan must have **** himself seeing Webb coming towards him.
I remember Gerald Cordle going in to the crowd after some racist abuse from supporter in a match at Aberavon Quins back in the 80’s.
We’ve come a long way since then, but there are still lots of bigots and racists about.

Surely not at a rugger game old boy

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where do you really stand ? on 15:23 - May 26 with 446 viewsChief

Where do you really stand ? on 13:36 - May 26 by onehunglow

And the right of any individual to support anyway they wish which means they should be free of those deriding those for not supporting a they think they should.

Some people are fans of Swansea City and England. Fact.

Kind of flies in the face of the logic behind supporting a rather small, provincial, undesirable relatively unsuccessful team such as Swansea City though. Which we know is in the vast majority of cases we know is the case because we are writing on a Swansea and not on a Liverpool, Rangers or any other team that attracts the South Walian plastics affection.

Why is it any different for our national team? Unless they are not from a country other than wales, why would they be fans of anyone else? Makes no sense.

They are free to support who they want but people are also free to question the bizarre practice of choosing a different football over your own.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Where do you really stand ? on 09:44 - May 27 with 379 viewsonehunglow

Where do you really stand ? on 15:23 - May 26 by Chief

Kind of flies in the face of the logic behind supporting a rather small, provincial, undesirable relatively unsuccessful team such as Swansea City though. Which we know is in the vast majority of cases we know is the case because we are writing on a Swansea and not on a Liverpool, Rangers or any other team that attracts the South Walian plastics affection.

Why is it any different for our national team? Unless they are not from a country other than wales, why would they be fans of anyone else? Makes no sense.

They are free to support who they want but people are also free to question the bizarre practice of choosing a different football over your own.

Chief
I never classed the County Borough of Swansea to be small in any way.It s a sizeable connurbation that stretches for some distance away from the bay.

Forget the bad years,for the last 50 years we have not been insignificant in any way.Our rise from the 4th to the 1st should have fired the soul of every Swansea kid. Liverpool in thoe days was supported overwhelmingly by Merseyside and north Wales people not the international brand loving cretins that do so nowadays. Ive stood on the Kop in the 70s and never ever heard any non Liverpool accent.

Swansea has a lot to be proud of including our capricious football club.

It's why I seethe as the likes of a vegan shop owning Brighton boy deriding our club as in some way not proper. Ive not worked out yet why this comment has been overlooked,even excused as being taken out of context. The words ay it all.Martin does not see as a a proper club.Therefore ,logic says anything that emanates from his gob should be treated with contempt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024