Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City up for sale ? 14:20 - May 25 with 1430 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City up for sale ? 25th May 2022 14:16
The question has to be asked after several sources have disclosed that Swansea City’s majority owners are willing to listen to offers for the club. Now, we know this isn’t unusual, everything is for sale no matter the circumstances, but what makes this time that different ? 4

Time for some answers, click above.
Can’t hear you ? You weren’t there.
Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City up for sale ? on 15:48 - May 25 with 1302 viewsChief

Following on from the Brazilian guy there's a few rumours going round now that the owners are looking to sell. Probably too much smoke now for there to be no fire.

As is customary these days, one of the owners that are meant to represent the fans remain silent.

Either they're unaware, they're NDA'd up again? Either could be possible.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:44 - May 25 with 1132 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a few old flames as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:54 - May 25 with 1119 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City up for sale ? on 15:48 - May 25 by Chief

Following on from the Brazilian guy there's a few rumours going round now that the owners are looking to sell. Probably too much smoke now for there to be no fire.

As is customary these days, one of the owners that are meant to represent the fans remain silent.

Either they're unaware, they're NDA'd up again? Either could be possible.

Damn these directors for not talking about something that clearly must be happening because people online have gone a bit mad repeating bits and pieces from one random Brazilian. They should be making statements every single day that there is definitely nothing going on, which would surely make the rumours stop.

In football "no smoke without fire" is absolute nonsense. There's always someone blowing it.
Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:58 - May 25 with 1110 viewsChief

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:54 - May 25 by jasper_T

Damn these directors for not talking about something that clearly must be happening because people online have gone a bit mad repeating bits and pieces from one random Brazilian. They should be making statements every single day that there is definitely nothing going on, which would surely make the rumours stop.

In football "no smoke without fire" is absolute nonsense. There's always someone blowing it.

So you're doubting the Swansea Independent's article and sources then?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:06 - May 25 with 1090 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:58 - May 25 by Chief

If the article is read properly, and understood it’s a bit obvious, but whether people choose to believe it or not, that’s personal preference. It’s asking a few questions that’s all. There’s nothing in there other than that. Oh, and of course the fact the current owners are allegedly putting the club out to tender. Which is the question we are asking. Because it needs asking.

As has happened many times before, especially here, time always tells.

I am certain jasper isn’t questioning anyones integrity.

Just being cantankerous.

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:24 - May 25 with 1042 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:58 - May 25 by Chief

It's criticising the conclusions you've drawn from all the recent gossip, and your criticism of board members for not doing more to deny things you've decided must be happening. Are you expecting a weekly bulletin for all the things that haven't happened each week?

I will however doubt some of the spelling and punctuation of the article. I'm not Keith's allie in that respect.
Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:34 - May 25 with 1027 viewsChief

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:24 - May 25 by jasper_T

It's criticising the conclusions you've drawn from all the recent gossip, and your criticism of board members for not doing more to deny things you've decided must be happening. Are you expecting a weekly bulletin for all the things that haven't happened each week?

I will however doubt some of the spelling and punctuation of the article. I'm not Keith's allie in that respect.

Gossip that is profiled in this latest article, that backs up other sources and a statement from prospective buyer. So the conclusion I've come to a pretty logical one and perfectly valid. You've offered no counter to suggest why it isn't.

Well yes, if a man explicitly states he's coming to complete the purchase of the club, why wouldn't the supporters trust comment on it? Part of their remit is to keep fans updated. They patently failed to do that recently and it seems they've done so again. This is their own doing and the criticism is valid. The members no longer have faith that they will brief the members on matters. The precedent has been set.

But you keep picking up spelling mistakes in articles if that makes you feel important.

And the word you were looking for was 'ally' by the way.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 18:36]

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:52 - May 25 with 983 viewsLorax

Swansea City up for sale ? on 17:54 - May 25 by jasper_T

it used to be silly season was just around player transfers but now silly season can be about clubs being for sale too. The media is always desperate for something to draw in the fans, to get sales or clicks.

It doesn't mean the club isn't for sale but neither does it mean the club will be sold cheap.

I'm not worried if the club is for sale, as long as the current owners sell to somebody decent and not an Owen Royston or a Domenico Serafino.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:57 - May 25 with 966 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:24 - May 25 by jasper_T

Depends how qualified you are to read it. It’s ridiculous to go in to that territory, but as Phil and both I know it’s the last place critics go to.

As for the gossip. Personally we have listened to none.
Just gauged some very helpful and informed sources opinions from past reports.

It’s what we do. This is a fans website asking questions. And no conclusions have been drawn.

Edit - I’ve changed it, most people when they see an error ( we all make them ) tend to drop us a PM.

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:10 - May 25 with 936 viewsReslovenSwan1

The US people only own 69% f the club. The agreements between them and the Trust and other shareholders is unknown as far a this forum is concerned?

For example do the Trust, as part of the new agreement have a drag / tag on clause?. I presume the other shareholders have one. If they do then it is very much their business.

Do the Trust have the authority to sell their shares in its entirety without consulting the members? The members have agreed both to sell shares and go to court in the past and neither of these were delivered.

The Trust should now consult the members as to what they want to do with regard to selling a holding and maintaining a holding.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:15 - May 25 with 931 viewsWhiterockin

As I said a couple of months ago, as an outsider it seems to me that MM is getting more influential on the perimeter of the club. I fully expect him to increase his shareholding in the club soon.
Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:20 - May 25 with 907 viewsChief

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:10 - May 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people only own 69% f the club. The agreements between them and the Trust and other shareholders is unknown as far a this forum is concerned?

For example do the Trust, as part of the new agreement have a drag / tag on clause?. I presume the other shareholders have one. If they do then it is very much their business.

Do the Trust have the authority to sell their shares in its entirety without consulting the members? The members have agreed both to sell shares and go to court in the past and neither of these were delivered.

The Trust should now consult the members as to what they want to do with regard to selling a holding and maintaining a holding.

Yes the trust apparently does have a tag along clause.

Who knows whether they have the authority to sell shares without consulting members. I didn't think they had the authority to drop legal action and sign agreements with the other owners without consulting the members but they did anyway.

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:37 - May 25 with 862 viewsKeithHaynes

Mind you I see ‘no show’ is back on twitter again.

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:42 - May 25 with 854 viewsQJumpingJack

I would imagine every club in the EFL "is up for sale".
It all depends on what the Americans value the club at.
The club has certainly depreciated in value since they took over especially with relegation in 2018.
If the owners are willing to take a substantial loss then there maybe a chance we have new owners in the coming months?
Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:45 - May 25 with 834 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:42 - May 25 by QJumpingJack

I would imagine every club in the EFL "is up for sale".
It all depends on what the Americans value the club at.
The club has certainly depreciated in value since they took over especially with relegation in 2018.
If the owners are willing to take a substantial loss then there maybe a chance we have new owners in the coming months?

Of course people should remember that the report is merely referencing the club being put out to tender by the Americans and is asking the question, is this right ?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:00 - May 25 with 803 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:37 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Mind you I see ‘no show’ is back on twitter again.

Thought he'd would be banned after the disgraceful items he put on Twitter..
Typical cyber bully

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:06 - May 25 with 794 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:15 - May 25 by Whiterockin

As I said a couple of months ago, as an outsider it seems to me that MM is getting more influential on the perimeter of the club. I fully expect him to increase his shareholding in the club soon.

Before I get pelters just asking the question :
Would involvement by a consortium involving the above be all bad ?
At least we know ( in spite of the way the sale of the club was handled ) he was and I guess still is a Swans supporter at heart ?
So would want to see us pushing back towards the Premier League again?

Not saying he would or should be involved, just wondering how it would be received after any obvious reaction has died down ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:10 - May 25 with 787 viewsChief

Swansea City up for sale ? on 19:45 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Of course people should remember that the report is merely referencing the club being put out to tender by the Americans and is asking the question, is this right ?

So by the term out to tender, are you implying that they don't necessarily want to sell up entirely but are offering it out to others to run?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:22 - May 25 with 756 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:10 - May 25 by Chief

So by the term out to tender, are you implying that they don't necessarily want to sell up entirely but are offering it out to others to run?

No idea mate, but current news is a ‘prospectus’ has been sent out. And that’s not denied by planet swans and us. The question can only be is it true ? Only the club can answer that.

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:32 - May 25 with 731 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City up for sale ? on 18:06 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

If the article is read properly, and understood it’s a bit obvious, but whether people choose to believe it or not, that’s personal preference. It’s asking a few questions that’s all. There’s nothing in there other than that. Oh, and of course the fact the current owners are allegedly putting the club out to tender. Which is the question we are asking. Because it needs asking.

As has happened many times before, especially here, time always tells.

I am certain jasper isn’t questioning anyones integrity.

Just being cantankerous.

Yes good post Jasper is one of the best posters on here no nonsense and always factual and very knowledgeable.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:36 - May 25 with 714 viewsChief

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:22 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

No idea mate, but current news is a ‘prospectus’ has been sent out. And that’s not denied by planet swans and us. The question can only be is it true ? Only the club can answer that.

Did Mal Pope draft this prospectus?

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:37 - May 25 with 711 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City up for sale ? on 20:36 - May 25 by Chief

Did Mal Pope draft this prospectus?

If it’s like JTAK i hope not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024