Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cut My Garden Please 01:46 - May 28 with 2489 viewsJack123

Wow.

I'm a member of a few Swansea local FB groups, and I can't believe how many young fit people are requesting recommendations for someone to cut their garden. WTf?

I can't believe it, it's quite enjoyable on a nice day, doing a spot of strimming and mowing, why on earth would you give someone x amount of money, when you can do it yourself.

libera nos a malo

Cut My Garden Please on 09:02 - May 28 with 1345 viewsLorax

I can believe it, young people can be bone idle lazy. Some of them are just "too good" for these kinds of menial tasks and may even boast to their friends about having a gardener.

I see it all the time in work, young people in nice clothes with a certain attitude, they look down on those of us in "menial" jobs. The middle aged and older are far more respectful but some young people are very dismissive.

It's not all of them of course. But there is a sizeable chunk of these new snobs, they aren't rich or from so called good families but they think they are something special.
Cut My Garden Please on 09:06 - May 28 with 1338 viewsonehunglow

I'm often staggred as to just how dumb kids are.
You are assuming some of them could work a lawn mower.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cut My Garden Please on 11:31 - May 28 with 1296 viewsjack_lord

I don't have much spare time but mowing the lawn is a fairly peaceful pastime I quite enjoy. My son seems to have taken on that particular task so one less thing to do.
There is a fair degree of snobbery from the privileged kids who do think that a lot of menial jobs are below them. My daughter is one of them. I blame the parents.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cut My Garden Please on 11:38 - May 28 with 1284 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 09:02 - May 28 by Lorax

I can believe it, young people can be bone idle lazy. Some of them are just "too good" for these kinds of menial tasks and may even boast to their friends about having a gardener.

I see it all the time in work, young people in nice clothes with a certain attitude, they look down on those of us in "menial" jobs. The middle aged and older are far more respectful but some young people are very dismissive.

It's not all of them of course. But there is a sizeable chunk of these new snobs, they aren't rich or from so called good families but they think they are something special.

I have a gardener.

I think if you are able to then it’s excellent to provide work for the local community for people who love their craft.

I could probably paint too but I would get painters in should I need them.

Not sure it’s something to boast about though, they only cost about $40.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cut My Garden Please on 13:08 - May 28 with 1261 viewsLorax

Cut My Garden Please on 09:06 - May 28 by onehunglow

I'm often staggred as to just how dumb kids are.
You are assuming some of them could work a lawn mower.

My brother in law is 59 and cannot work a washing machine, cannot cook his own tea. He is a first rate plasterer but hopeless around the house.
Cut My Garden Please on 14:28 - May 28 with 1235 viewsSuperjan

Cut My Garden Please on 11:38 - May 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I have a gardener.

I think if you are able to then it’s excellent to provide work for the local community for people who love their craft.

I could probably paint too but I would get painters in should I need them.

Not sure it’s something to boast about though, they only cost about $40.

I’m able to pay , but I like gardening and it gives (and more importantly my wife ) pleasure in doing a good job .
Cut My Garden Please on 14:30 - May 28 with 1228 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 14:28 - May 28 by Superjan

I’m able to pay , but I like gardening and it gives (and more importantly my wife ) pleasure in doing a good job .

Indeed, I’m just talking about the rant regarding people that have them.

If people want to cut their grass then that’s fine, if someone wants to hire someone then that’s fine too.

Just didn’t get the apparent anger directed at those that hire someone. Was bizarre.

Cut My Garden Please on 18:19 - May 28 with 1166 viewsshingle

Cut My Garden Please on 14:30 - May 28 by Dr_Parnassus

If people want to cut their grass then that’s fine, if someone wants to hire someone then that’s fine too.

Just didn’t get the apparent anger directed at those that hire someone. Was bizarre.

Well one thing is for certain you never cut your own grass because your on here all day.
Login to get fewer ads

Cut My Garden Please on 19:29 - May 28 with 1141 viewsAguycalledJack

We’ve got artificial grass. Was out in the sun today with the leaf blower . Was quite therapeutic after a hard week in work.
Cut My Garden Please on 19:39 - May 28 with 1133 viewsSTID2017

Cut My Garden Please on 14:30 - May 28 by Dr_Parnassus

When I moved house two years ago, there was a guy already cutting the grass for £15 a time.
First couple of times I paid him.
After that I started doing it myself.
This year so far alone I have saved enough to pay £30 bet to Keith's charity ( if I lose ) and pay for my Forest, Peterborough and Blackpool away tickets.
Obviously some people have such busy lives they cannot spare an hour or so per fortnight ( or once a week even )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cut My Garden Please on 19:56 - May 28 with 1124 viewsWhiterockin

Cut My Garden Please on 19:39 - May 28 by STID2017

When I moved house two years ago, there was a guy already cutting the grass for £15 a time.
First couple of times I paid him.
After that I started doing it myself.
This year so far alone I have saved enough to pay £30 bet to Keith's charity ( if I lose ) and pay for my Forest, Peterborough and Blackpool away tickets.
Obviously some people have such busy lives they cannot spare an hour or so per fortnight ( or once a week even )

More like they are just dam lazy. There is nothing more therapeutic than mowing the lawn in the fresh air. Some just make excuses and spend all day and night on a keyboard, unbelievable.
Cut My Garden Please on 20:16 - May 28 with 1104 viewsSTID2017

Cut My Garden Please on 19:56 - May 28 by Whiterockin

More like they are just dam lazy. There is nothing more therapeutic than mowing the lawn in the fresh air. Some just make excuses and spend all day and night on a keyboard, unbelievable.

Agree.
Although I spend some time on here, I prioritize and make sure the more important things are sorted first.
Agree that lots of youngsters are entitled and expect to have everything without waiting or saving for wait.

Cut My Garden Please on 20:25 - May 28 with 1092 viewsWhiterockin

Cut My Garden Please on 20:16 - May 28 by STID2017

Agree.
Although I spend some time on here, I prioritize and make sure the more important things are sorted first.
Agree that lots of youngsters are entitled and expect to have everything without waiting or saving for wait.

We both spend quite a bit of time on here but we have our priorities. Often I have a screen open whilst doing something else.
Cut My Garden Please on 20:52 - May 28 with 1075 viewsSTID2017

Cut My Garden Please on 20:25 - May 28 by Whiterockin

We both spend quite a bit of time on here but we have our priorities. Often I have a screen open whilst doing something else.

Same here.

Cut My Garden Please on 23:12 - May 28 with 1028 viewsLorax

Cut My Garden Please on 20:52 - May 28 by STID2017

Same here.

I got home from work at about 22.15ish, I would have mowed the lawn but I'm lazy! I chose to watch the end of the ECL instead.
Cut My Garden Please on 23:15 - May 28 with 1025 viewsSTID2017

Cut My Garden Please on 23:12 - May 28 by Lorax

I got home from work at about 22.15ish, I would have mowed the lawn but I'm lazy! I chose to watch the end of the ECL instead.

Poor show that.
Get some floodlights on it, and after you had cut it, invite your mates around for a kick around mun !

Cut My Garden Please on 23:31 - May 28 with 1020 viewsLorax

Cut My Garden Please on 23:15 - May 28 by STID2017

Poor show that.
Get some floodlights on it, and after you had cut it, invite your mates around for a kick around mun !

My mates were all in a pub in town to watch the football!

The grass will have to wait til the morning, assuming I can be bothered
Cut My Garden Please on 02:50 - May 29 with 995 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 18:19 - May 28 by shingle

Well one thing is for certain you never cut your own grass because your on here all day.

I don’t cut my own grass no, but a forum isn’t a physical place and doesn’t restrict what you can and can’t do.

Think.

Cut My Garden Please on 02:53 - May 29 with 994 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 19:56 - May 28 by Whiterockin

Therapeutic for you maybe, others are far too busy. Successful people tend to outsource menial tasks.

Sorry it upsets you. Work harder would be my advice, no need to be so bitter about what other spend their hard earned money on.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 7:04]

Cut My Garden Please on 02:57 - May 29 with 993 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 20:25 - May 28 by Whiterockin

So you perfectly understand the notion of having a single window up on a device while doing other things, but it doesn’t click that anybody else does this?

The trolls are out in force tonight that’s for sure.

Cut My Garden Please on 08:17 - May 29 with 943 viewsBryanSwan

Cut My Garden Please on 02:53 - May 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Therapeutic for you maybe, others are far too busy. Successful people tend to outsource menial tasks.

Sorry it upsets you. Work harder would be my advice, no need to be so bitter about what other spend their hard earned money on.

Good money for the gardener then. If everyone did their own garden they wouldnt have a job.
Same goes for everything like that, washing the car, windows etc.
Would rather save the cash myself, but thats because i am tight.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cut My Garden Please on 08:21 - May 29 with 935 viewsWhiterockin

Cut My Garden Please on 08:17 - May 29 by BryanSwan

Good money for the gardener then. If everyone did their own garden they wouldnt have a job.

I have no issues with gardeners ect some elderly or disabled people are unable to maintain their gardens and are very proud. Just as long as the people doing the job pay their tax.
Cut My Garden Please on 08:29 - May 29 with 912 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 08:17 - May 29 by BryanSwan

Spot on.

The more local people you can support during this time the better, silly to knock it.

Cut My Garden Please on 08:32 - May 29 with 911 viewsWhiterockin

Cut My Garden Please on 02:53 - May 29 by Dr_Parnassus

If you were really as successful as some, you could afford to get the work to life balance right. If you keep trying and working hard, you may get to where some of us are in the end. Good luck.
Cut My Garden Please on 08:44 - May 29 with 888 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cut My Garden Please on 08:32 - May 29 by Whiterockin

If you were really as successful as some, you could afford to get the work to life balance right. If you keep trying and working hard, you may get to where some of us are in the end. Good luck.

My work/life balance is fantastic, that’s what happens when you are successful.

You don’t end up getting bitter about people having a gardener then. Send me your CV I’ll see if I can help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024