Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are clearly looking for pace 20:17 - Jun 10 with 2738 viewsKeithHaynes

Which I find encouraging.
Gooch and Wood are lightening quick.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

We are clearly looking for pace on 13:40 - Jun 11 with 2500 viewsonehunglow

Hopefully then,we can get the ball to then quicker .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We are clearly looking for pace on 14:29 - Jun 11 with 2499 viewsBadlands

We need speed of thought as well as sprinting ability.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We are clearly looking for pace on 16:56 - Jun 11 with 2394 viewsLorax

Williams has come from non league and Martin said he was trying to sign Wood for 2 years at MK.

Are we signing players who will be good enough for the Championship? As the previous posts say, having pace is all well and good but running fast and being able to think fast and pass fast are also very much needed.

I live in hope I guess. My biggest ambition right now is still to keep Piroe and Obafemi.
We are clearly looking for pace on 17:52 - Jun 11 with 2352 viewsFireboy2

We are clearly looking for pace on 16:56 - Jun 11 by Lorax

Williams has come from non league and Martin said he was trying to sign Wood for 2 years at MK.

Are we signing players who will be good enough for the Championship? As the previous posts say, having pace is all well and good but running fast and being able to think fast and pass fast are also very much needed.

I live in hope I guess. My biggest ambition right now is still to keep Piroe and Obafemi.

You can coach players to think you can't coach pace, you either have it or you don't

A quick centre half is what we need, let's hope he's the answer
We are clearly looking for pace on 19:20 - Jun 11 with 2303 viewsBryanSwan

Maybe it'll provide the width and pace we've sorely missed this season.
You don't need a team of 11 technically sound intelligent players to win games.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

We are clearly looking for pace on 20:54 - Jun 11 with 2207 viewsonehunglow

Trust in Russ.

We are clearly looking for pace on 22:01 - Jun 11 with 2188 viewsLorax

We are clearly looking for pace on 17:52 - Jun 11 by Fireboy2

You can coach players to think you can't coach pace, you either have it or you don't

A quick centre half is what we need, let's hope he's the answer

You can via effective training improve a players pace. All the coaching in the world cannot improve a player beyond their potential. Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at last season and talking about who we needed to get rid of. Some players will never be quick enough of thought. Some players do it instinctively, they don't think they just do, like Piroe and some of his goals, instinct.
We are clearly looking for pace on 22:16 - Jun 11 with 2168 viewsFireboy2

We are clearly looking for pace on 22:01 - Jun 11 by Lorax

You can via effective training improve a players pace. All the coaching in the world cannot improve a player beyond their potential. Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at last season and talking about who we needed to get rid of. Some players will never be quick enough of thought. Some players do it instinctively, they don't think they just do, like Piroe and some of his goals, instinct.

Natural pace you cannot teach.
Login to get fewer ads

We are clearly looking for pace on 00:28 - Jun 12 with 2059 viewsBillyChong

I hope pace isn’t the only reason behind these signings. A non-league player and an U23 chap both supposedly signed based on pace attributes is worrying. Two unsubstantial players in terms of background. Hopefully Silverstein is due his month long visit soon to implement the next level mantra.
We are clearly looking for pace on 09:26 - Jun 12 with 1933 views73__73

We are clearly looking for pace on 00:28 - Jun 12 by BillyChong

I hope pace isn’t the only reason behind these signings. A non-league player and an U23 chap both supposedly signed based on pace attributes is worrying. Two unsubstantial players in terms of background. Hopefully Silverstein is due his month long visit soon to implement the next level mantra.

Tell me, where did Leicester sign Jamie Vardy from ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

We are clearly looking for pace on 09:32 - Jun 12 with 1946 viewsmagicdaps10

We are clearly looking for pace on 00:28 - Jun 12 by BillyChong

I would say its a far bigger picture than how you make it look. Low fee, low risk signings are fine if we can unearth a gem or 2 and Silverstein would be a fool if he didn't see the benefits that it could bring.

We will have a core of a squad and there will be signings like we are seeing, these players will be mainly assigned to U23 duty, hopefully a few come the end of the season will have first team minutes under their belt.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We are clearly looking for pace on 13:09 - Jun 12 with 1839 viewsraynor94

We are being linked with Jack Tucker 22 year old centre back from Gillingham whose out of contract.

Few others being linked too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We are clearly looking for pace on 15:58 - Jun 12 with 1733 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

We are clearly looking for pace on 09:26 - Jun 12 by 73__73

Tell me, where did Leicester sign Jamie Vardy from ?

League 2
We are clearly looking for pace on 16:59 - Jun 12 with 1696 viewskrunchykarrot

I honestly believe that a player like Downes would revel in the space. Imagine how some of the older players would have used the space at CH these days.
We are clearly looking for pace on 17:00 - Jun 12 with 1675 viewsonehunglow

We are clearly looking for pace on 16:59 - Jun 12 by krunchykarrot

I honestly believe that a player like Downes would revel in the space. Imagine how some of the older players would have used the space at CH these days.

Downes would revel if he was placed where he should be and that is not as a central defender

We are clearly looking for pace on 17:14 - Jun 12 with 1673 viewsLorax

We are clearly looking for pace on 22:16 - Jun 11 by Fireboy2

Natural pace you cannot teach.

No but once more, natural pace can be improved upon. That's why Olympic sprinters have coaches, that's why they train, to try and get faster.

Being the fastest player doesn't really matter if you can't control the ball, pass it or cross though.
We are clearly looking for pace on 20:00 - Jun 12 with 1613 viewsGixerJack

We are clearly looking for pace on 17:14 - Jun 12 by Lorax

No but once more, natural pace can be improved upon. That's why Olympic sprinters have coaches, that's why they train, to try and get faster.

Being the fastest player doesn't really matter if you can't control the ball, pass it or cross though.

You forgot to mention pulling a hammy whilst ordering a milkshake… on the subject, where’s Montero now?
We are clearly looking for pace on 21:59 - Jun 12 with 1537 viewsFireboy2

We are clearly looking for pace on 17:14 - Jun 12 by Lorax

Yes veey true but you cannot improve a 14 second 100 mtr footballer to a 11 second one, you can coach a player to pass the ball better and quicker though.
We are clearly looking for pace on 10:18 - Jun 13 with 1376 viewsLorax

We are clearly looking for pace on 21:59 - Jun 12 by Fireboy2

Yes veey true but you cannot improve a 14 second 100 mtr footballer to a 11 second one, you can coach a player to pass the ball better and quicker though.

You can improve every aspect of a player through coaching but not beyond their potential.

A 19 year old me could be parachuted into Martin's squad and he'd improve me but I'd never be good enough no matter how much time he spent with me. Players we bring in have to have the potential to be THAT good and we don't have that money.
We are clearly looking for pace on 13:08 - Jun 13 with 1281 viewsBryanSwan

We are clearly looking for pace on 10:18 - Jun 13 by Lorax

You can improve every aspect of a player through coaching but not beyond their potential.

A 19 year old me could be parachuted into Martin's squad and he'd improve me but I'd never be good enough no matter how much time he spent with me. Players we bring in have to have the potential to be THAT good and we don't have that money.

I think the point that is being made is that if you want to sign a quicker player for a position you sign one. No amount of coaching in the world would ever turn a Rhys Williams etc into a quicker player.
Same would go for technical aspects.
Of which you need a mix of both in the team.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

We are clearly looking for pace on 13:49 - Jun 13 with 1240 viewsjasper_T

van der Hoorn got a lot quicker during his time with us. Lot of stretching/yoga. Rodon has always looked to me like he's got a lot more in him if he could lengthen his stride. Such tiny steps for a big lad.

Cabango lost a yard when he bulked up.
We are clearly looking for pace on 18:09 - Jun 13 with 1092 viewsBillyChong

A footballing brain is as important than pace in a centre back. Chiellini schooled the youthful England at the Euro’s last year at 36 years of age. His intelligence buys him time and space. For pacier centre backs without a brain see the likes of David Luiz.
We are clearly looking for pace on 09:59 - Jun 16 with 785 viewsLorax

We are clearly looking for pace on 18:09 - Jun 13 by BillyChong

A footballing brain is as important than pace in a centre back. Chiellini schooled the youthful England at the Euro’s last year at 36 years of age. His intelligence buys him time and space. For pacier centre backs without a brain see the likes of David Luiz.

That is my point in a nutshell. I'm all for having pace in the team but they have to at least have the potential to be a good enough footballer too.

Quick feet aren't much good if they don't have a quick enough brain. Look at Grimes, obviously a decent footballer but all too often too slow of thought.

Compare that to Leon, sharp as a tack, his excellent footballing brain gave him a yard advantage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024