Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda flight 21:14 - Jun 14 with 12801 viewsGwyn737

Looks like there’s a fair chance that it’ll take off with no passengers.

Liz Truss wants it still to fly as it will “establish the route”.
Rwanda flight on 19:14 - Jun 15 with 1148 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda flight on 19:09 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

The ppl of this country have got exactly what they deserve.

We did vote for Drakeford, so yes, the ppl probably do deserve what they got.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda flight on 19:26 - Jun 15 with 1130 viewspencoedjack

Rwanda flight on 19:10 - Jun 15 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I had a work mate who was in incredible pain, went to A&E, they told him to come back in the morning because the queues were so bad so he did. Died of sepsis overnight.

Sorry for your loss fella.

Am I right to presume in Wales?
Rwanda flight on 21:16 - Jun 15 with 1070 views73__73

Rwanda flight on 18:02 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

What if France doesn't want them?

They can send them to Rwanda too.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Rwanda flight on 21:43 - Jun 15 with 1043 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda flight on 18:02 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

What if France doesn't want them?

The French interior ministry announced that it plans to double the number of illegal aliens deported from 10,000 to 20,000 per year. About 45,000 illegal aliens are apprehended in France each year, and the government announced that it would initiate weekly deportation flights.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda flight on 00:36 - Jun 16 with 977 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some awful stories on here.

Exactly why people are concerned about this continuous stretching of their resources. For people to turn that into “you must be racist” is utterly vile and a very tired leftist trick to force compliance.

If your ship is sinking and you have got into a life raft capable to support you and 10 others, you don’t keep filling it with the 100s of people needing help because you feel sorry for them. Before long you are all sinking again and nobody is saved.

There is a reason there are borders in every country. It’s amazing that people think that our one is the only one that should be open to anyone to come as they please.

USA protecting their border from Mexico is racist, but Mexico protecting their border from Guatemala is “understandable”?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Rwanda flight on 01:36 - Jun 16 with 973 viewsJack123

Rwanda flight on 00:36 - Jun 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Some awful stories on here.

Exactly why people are concerned about this continuous stretching of their resources. For people to turn that into “you must be racist” is utterly vile and a very tired leftist trick to force compliance.

If your ship is sinking and you have got into a life raft capable to support you and 10 others, you don’t keep filling it with the 100s of people needing help because you feel sorry for them. Before long you are all sinking again and nobody is saved.

There is a reason there are borders in every country. It’s amazing that people think that our one is the only one that should be open to anyone to come as they please.

USA protecting their border from Mexico is racist, but Mexico protecting their border from Guatemala is “understandable”?

They are awful stories.. And that is a good post, at what point do we say hang on we can't even cope with the people here already?

It's simply not realistic by any means. I don't know what's gone wrong, I mean pre-covid, everyone knew there could be long response times in winter, but now?

libera nos a malo

Rwanda flight on 09:00 - Jun 16 with 916 viewsraynor94

Rwanda flight on 01:36 - Jun 16 by Jack123

They are awful stories.. And that is a good post, at what point do we say hang on we can't even cope with the people here already?

It's simply not realistic by any means. I don't know what's gone wrong, I mean pre-covid, everyone knew there could be long response times in winter, but now?

Bloody Hell, you upset the natives on the other site with this subject!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda flight on 09:07 - Jun 16 with 901 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 09:00 - Jun 16 by raynor94

Bloody Hell, you upset the natives on the other site with this subject!

Doesn't take much, if they were any more extreme left they would be transported back in time to China in the 1950's.

It appears to come from a complete lack of political knowledge and with it comes a blind belligerence that only the truly thick have privilege of having.

They are the type that would cry racist and look for the nearest safe space if someone asked them to expand on their memorised and rehearsed sentences ''gammon, bootlicker, racist, x,y,z-aphobe bigot'' - you know, the usual.

Skip being a relatively sensible voice on there says it all.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 9:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda flight on 09:25 - Jun 16 with 905 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Apparently the government has had to agree with the Rwandans to take some their refugees in exchange. Lmfao

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rwanda flight on 09:26 - Jun 16 with 903 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda flight on 11:19 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

Hopefully, this will help with your education

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/truth-behind-claims-refugees-stay-44157

The expert in your link says that the 1951 Refugee Convention contains no explicit or implicit provisions requiring asylum seekers to come directly from a country where they are at risk. Clearly though it does contain an article that at face value only provides immunity from prosecution for law breaking to gain entry to persons who come directly from an unsafe country.

Article 31 - Refugees unlawfully in the country of refuge
1. The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of article 1, enter or are present in their territory without authorization, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence.

2. The Contracting States shall not apply to the movements of such refugees restrictions other than those which are necessary and such restrictions shall only be applied until their status in the country is regularized or they obtain admission into another country. The Contracting States shall allow such refugees a reasonable period and all the necessary facilities to obtain admission into another country.
_____

This is reflected in s31 of the UK's Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. The problem is that over the years a succession of "progressive" lawyers have created so many loopholes that the original intention has been lost. Increasingly the 1951 Convention looks like something drafted for another era. It won't last long when mass movements of people seeking a better life really take off.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 9:32]
Rwanda flight on 09:32 - Jun 16 with 889 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 09:25 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Apparently the government has had to agree with the Rwandans to take some their refugees in exchange. Lmfao

Does that mean Rwandan's are racist too?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:10 - Jun 16 with 882 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda flight on 09:07 - Jun 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn't take much, if they were any more extreme left they would be transported back in time to China in the 1950's.

It appears to come from a complete lack of political knowledge and with it comes a blind belligerence that only the truly thick have privilege of having.

They are the type that would cry racist and look for the nearest safe space if someone asked them to expand on their memorised and rehearsed sentences ''gammon, bootlicker, racist, x,y,z-aphobe bigot'' - you know, the usual.

Argus!

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:23 - Jun 16 with 872 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Rwanda flight on 10:26 - Jun 16 with 870 viewsWingstandwood

I watched a guy from the Office Of National Statistics explain on ITV News a few years back that U.K population increase is unsustainable. Public service and infrastructure is currently on the brink of collapse!

The U.K's population in 2000 was 58.89 million, it is expected to be 68.1 Million by 2023.

Add to that the 'missing and uncounted for' that have escaped through the net along with the national security and crime risk from letting in unvetted thousands. Who in their right mind wants zero border control and zero scrutiny of incomers.

It's as if there is a deliberate ruinous yearning by idiots to create chaos, breed poverty and instigate a ruinous collapse of services and provision we once all took for granted.

Argus!

Rwanda flight on 12:25 - Jun 16 with 837 viewsLohengrin

Rwanda flight on 09:50 - Jun 15 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well immigration is an important discussion point and over the years it has had huge benefits to our country and culture, our economy and our general standing in the world. People like to make out we are a horrifically xenophobic or even racist country but we have welcomed countless millions of good folk from all around the world, many of whom have gone on to achieve great things and become universally loved.

But it would be folly to suggest that immigration only has positive benefits, it causes problems too, but over the years it’s almost become a taboo subject. We aren’t allowed to talk about it without being branded a racist. We should be able to have an adult discussion about the practicalities of having hundreds of thousands of extra people every year needing to be using the roads, hospitals, needing somewhere to live, competing for jobs etc. Also the Tories despite the rhetoric they want to feed to their base secretly love mass immigration from poor countries as it drives the wages down for their business owning mates who can pay agencies to supply them with disposable migrants willing to work for minimum wage or even less on 0 hour contracts. It’s exploitation really. Young people can’t get on the housing market because of basic supply and demand, there’s not many available houses because the population is growing faster than we can build them.

There’s loads of issues around immigration that’s nothing to do with xenophobia. For me and lots of others immigration is a fantastic thing that has enriched us but we need to face up to the problems too which are largely driven by the unsustainable numbers.

” Also the Tories despite the rhetoric they want to feed to their base secretly love mass immigration from poor countries as it drives the wages down for their business owning mates who can pay agencies to supply them with disposable migrants willing to work for minimum wage or even less on 0 hour contracts.”

This all day long.

If you study the writing of Friedman or Hayek, go back and listen to the Monetarist theorising of the Thatcher regime then the tumblers all click into place, you recognise all the signposts that have led us to where we are now.

This Idea of the ‘natural rate of unemployment,’ what does it really mean? This is just the mechanism by which the larger employers are able to extract higher levels of productivity while imposing inferior terms and conditions and paying lower wages in real terms. How do they get away with it? By having politicians in their pocket and a pool of cheap, exploitable labour, often imported for that sole purpose at their disposal.

Knuckle down, be thankful for the thin gruel you are offered, or we can and will replace you. Our politicians have introduced legislation to allow us to do exactly as we like and our media will vilify you if you dare object.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rwanda flight on 12:52 - Jun 16 with 821 viewsWingstandwood

So let me attempt to do some ‘amateur’ mathematics. Correct me if I am wrong????

If the U.K population was 58,890,000 in the year 2,000 and you subtract it from projected 2023 figure of 68,100,000 you get a sum of……NINE MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND.

So lets explore a bit more and divide the population of Swansea 246,217 into that sum of NINE MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND. That is 37 times with 99,971 left over; the population of Llanelli is 26,225. Divide that sum into the left over 99,971.

So the U.K population has increased by the size of 37 Swansea’s and nearly 4 Llanelli’s since 2,000.
And if it continues at that rate?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 12:54]

Argus!

Rwanda flight on 13:40 - Jun 16 with 791 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda flight on 12:52 - Jun 16 by Wingstandwood

So let me attempt to do some ‘amateur’ mathematics. Correct me if I am wrong????

If the U.K population was 58,890,000 in the year 2,000 and you subtract it from projected 2023 figure of 68,100,000 you get a sum of……NINE MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND.

So lets explore a bit more and divide the population of Swansea 246,217 into that sum of NINE MILLION TWO HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND. That is 37 times with 99,971 left over; the population of Llanelli is 26,225. Divide that sum into the left over 99,971.

So the U.K population has increased by the size of 37 Swansea’s and nearly 4 Llanelli’s since 2,000.

There is estimated to be a max of 1.2 million illegals in the UK, therefore the increase in population must be down to legal immigration.
Rwanda flight on 13:46 - Jun 16 with 781 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda flight on 13:40 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

There is estimated to be a max of 1.2 million illegals in the UK, therefore the increase in population must be down to legal immigration.

I did not add the illegals estimation to my figure so indeed the U.K population may indeed be higher by approx another 5X's Swansea population.

Argus!

Rwanda flight on 14:32 - Jun 16 with 754 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda flight on 13:46 - Jun 16 by Wingstandwood

I did not add the illegals estimation to my figure so indeed the U.K population may indeed be higher by approx another 5X's Swansea population.

The problem then, is not illegals, but legals
Rwanda flight on 14:36 - Jun 16 with 747 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda flight on 14:32 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

The problem then, is not illegals, but legals

Argus!

Rwanda flight on 15:43 - Jun 16 with 715 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Rwanda flight on 12:52 - Jun 15 by BryanSwan

No point, pretty clear from just reading some of the previous posts.

Cop out.
Rwanda flight on 15:52 - Jun 16 with 710 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Rwanda flight on 19:26 - Jun 15 by pencoedjack

Sorry for your loss fella.

Am I right to presume in Wales?

Yes think it was Morriston hospital he went to. He had a burst stomach ulcer I think. Fairly easy to treat if he had been seen which is the frustrating bit. Not sure how they didn’t spot the signs of sepsis though? They’re meant to be specifically on the look out for that sort of thing.
Rwanda flight on 16:34 - Jun 16 with 682 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rwanda flight on 12:52 - Jun 16 by Wingstandwood

We’ll have far more jacks than Turks???
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 16:35]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rwanda flight on 17:11 - Jun 16 with 659 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Rwanda flight on 12:25 - Jun 16 by Lohengrin

” Also the Tories despite the rhetoric they want to feed to their base secretly love mass immigration from poor countries as it drives the wages down for their business owning mates who can pay agencies to supply them with disposable migrants willing to work for minimum wage or even less on 0 hour contracts.”

This all day long.

If you study the writing of Friedman or Hayek, go back and listen to the Monetarist theorising of the Thatcher regime then the tumblers all click into place, you recognise all the signposts that have led us to where we are now.

This Idea of the ‘natural rate of unemployment,’ what does it really mean? This is just the mechanism by which the larger employers are able to extract higher levels of productivity while imposing inferior terms and conditions and paying lower wages in real terms. How do they get away with it? By having politicians in their pocket and a pool of cheap, exploitable labour, often imported for that sole purpose at their disposal.

Knuckle down, be thankful for the thin gruel you are offered, or we can and will replace you. Our politicians have introduced legislation to allow us to do exactly as we like and our media will vilify you if you dare object.

Yeah it’s hugely exploitative. Some of these agencies cream off about 40% of earnings in “fees”, if a person is on minimum wage and you add in tax/NI etc they’re probably only working for about three quid an hour. That’s if the agency gets them any work at all. Of course if they are registered to an agency they are included in employment statistics even if they aren’t working. So the government can stand up every three months and say look how good our employment statistics are, people like Kilkenny Jack can say “immigrants are more likely to be in work than British people” and the businesses who use the agencies can dump people and hire people on a whim.

Everyone’s a winner apart from the poor sods having to do all the work for terrible pay, no security, no rights and no future prospects.

In my old job they had an agency that used to come in to do the cleaning. Nearly all of them were foreign, lovely people, but the shifts they had them doing were ridiculous. They’d have to come in at about five in the morning, do a two hour shift. Clock out. Then come back at about one for an hour and a half shift, then back in the evening for another short shift. Their working day would last from between 5 in the morning and 9 at night but they’d only be paid about five hours. Then the fees would be taken out, many of them had to catch buses to get in.

Nobody should have to live like that.
Rwanda flight on 17:32 - Jun 16 with 646 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rwanda flight on 17:11 - Jun 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Yeah it’s hugely exploitative. Some of these agencies cream off about 40% of earnings in “fees”, if a person is on minimum wage and you add in tax/NI etc they’re probably only working for about three quid an hour. That’s if the agency gets them any work at all. Of course if they are registered to an agency they are included in employment statistics even if they aren’t working. So the government can stand up every three months and say look how good our employment statistics are, people like Kilkenny Jack can say “immigrants are more likely to be in work than British people” and the businesses who use the agencies can dump people and hire people on a whim.

Everyone’s a winner apart from the poor sods having to do all the work for terrible pay, no security, no rights and no future prospects.

In my old job they had an agency that used to come in to do the cleaning. Nearly all of them were foreign, lovely people, but the shifts they had them doing were ridiculous. They’d have to come in at about five in the morning, do a two hour shift. Clock out. Then come back at about one for an hour and a half shift, then back in the evening for another short shift. Their working day would last from between 5 in the morning and 9 at night but they’d only be paid about five hours. Then the fees would be taken out, many of them had to catch buses to get in.

Nobody should have to live like that.

We use agency workers as it allows us to flex our workforce up and down in response to workload. However and it's a big however its really not something I'd advocate and would get rid immediately if it was up to me. Not a good way to live, waiting on a phone call or text message and if you're not quick enough to reply, someone else will reply before you and you get nothing. Very stressful way of existing, because in reality that's all you're doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024