Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City players on the move in their own time 09:45 - Jun 18 with 3747 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City players on the move in their own time 18th Jun 2022 09:43
Swansea City have two players which they would most certainly like to see off their books as soon as possible. Of course they are Ryan Bennett and Jay Fulton, the reasons are lost on some so let’s have a look at their true value. Both players are fully aware that manager Russell Martin sees no future for then at Swansea City 0

Please go, click above.
Please go, click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:00 - Jun 18 with 2314 viewsKeithHaynes

Interesting some people seem to think the club needs to find someone to take them, if that was me I wouldn’t see it as the clubs obligation, however they could be used in a form of swap deal I suppose.

But they are under contract they can refuse everything offered to them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:09 - Jun 18 with 2293 viewsonehunglow

I read that headline and my heart felt joyful thinking not very handy Andy would be jettisoned as is only fair on him.Then it seems he is not on the leavers list.

Im not been so let down since 1966 at a party in Eversley Road . (Punk was not then a tadpole)

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:09 - Jun 18 with 2292 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:00 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Interesting some people seem to think the club needs to find someone to take them, if that was me I wouldn’t see it as the clubs obligation, however they could be used in a form of swap deal I suppose.

But they are under contract they can refuse everything offered to them.

I think the players and the club need to be proactive. If they are given free transfers say and then the club pays a portion of their salaries to get them moved.

The alternative is to have 2 players we don't want who will contribute very little and in the end that could do more damage than what I suggested above.

If that move only freed up enough for one player we do want, isn't that still a better idea?
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 21:00 - Jun 18 with 2196 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:09 - Jun 18 by Lorax

I think the players and the club need to be proactive. If they are given free transfers say and then the club pays a portion of their salaries to get them moved.

The alternative is to have 2 players we don't want who will contribute very little and in the end that could do more damage than what I suggested above.

If that move only freed up enough for one player we do want, isn't that still a better idea?

I was more referencing the fact they don’t need to do anything and if happy can sort it out on big money ( for the swans ) Depends on his professional they want to be seen. I’ve no doubt both have agents who are looking for clubs, but Fulton has already proven he is going to be picky.

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 21:43 - Jun 18 with 2176 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 21:00 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

I was more referencing the fact they don’t need to do anything and if happy can sort it out on big money ( for the swans ) Depends on his professional they want to be seen. I’ve no doubt both have agents who are looking for clubs, but Fulton has already proven he is going to be picky.

I get what you meant but I have a problem with both these players if they are happy to sit around picking up their money but not playing. I definitely thought Fulton was better than that, I thought he wanted to play and if he does then finding the best way forward is a much better choice than treading water. Bennett is also said to be a good pro, surely he'll want to play, he hasn't got many years left in him, why waste the time?

I can understand them both wanting the best deal possible that's why I suggested the above, we need to find the best way for us and them.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 23:12 - Jun 18 with 2117 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 21:43 - Jun 18 by Lorax

I get what you meant but I have a problem with both these players if they are happy to sit around picking up their money but not playing. I definitely thought Fulton was better than that, I thought he wanted to play and if he does then finding the best way forward is a much better choice than treading water. Bennett is also said to be a good pro, surely he'll want to play, he hasn't got many years left in him, why waste the time?

I can understand them both wanting the best deal possible that's why I suggested the above, we need to find the best way for us and them.

In fairness I think Fulton shows commitment when he plays.
However he does not appear to figure in the manager's plans and so I hope some agreement can be reached soon.
Better for the club to pay both off at the loss of some of the reported salary as a lump sum, rather than see the players waste a year sitting in the stand and winding down their contract

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 11:32 - Jun 19 with 1985 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 23:12 - Jun 18 by STID2017

In fairness I think Fulton shows commitment when he plays.
However he does not appear to figure in the manager's plans and so I hope some agreement can be reached soon.
Better for the club to pay both off at the loss of some of the reported salary as a lump sum, rather than see the players waste a year sitting in the stand and winding down their contract

That's the thing for me, Fulton always tries his best but he's not wanted by Martin and he's 28 now, if he sits around for a year, only getting the odd game when we're short, what good does it really do him? He needs to get proactive and find a club, get himself another 2-3 year deal and if we have to pay out a bit to get the deal done but save some money over all then so be it.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 1910 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 11:32 - Jun 19 by Lorax

That's the thing for me, Fulton always tries his best but he's not wanted by Martin and he's 28 now, if he sits around for a year, only getting the odd game when we're short, what good does it really do him? He needs to get proactive and find a club, get himself another 2-3 year deal and if we have to pay out a bit to get the deal done but save some money over all then so be it.

Fulton has two years left on his current contract, making twice what he'll earn elsewhere. That's an expensive payoff. The onus isn't really on him to be proactive, odds are he'll be here longer than the manager will. Maybe the next one will like him more.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 13:53 - Jun 19 with 1836 viewsKeithHaynes

Yes, Fulton having two not one year left is even worse.

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:27 - Jun 19 with 1807 viewsonehunglow

If Russ is such a good coach why not improve Fulton and coach him into the right way of playing.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:40 - Jun 19 with 1791 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 13:04 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

Fulton has two years left on his current contract, making twice what he'll earn elsewhere. That's an expensive payoff. The onus isn't really on him to be proactive, odds are he'll be here longer than the manager will. Maybe the next one will like him more.

Yes it's an expensive pay off but if it saves us some money over all and means we can afford to bring in a player martin wants, is it a payoff worth making?
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:51 - Jun 19 with 1782 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:40 - Jun 19 by Lorax

Yes it's an expensive pay off but if it saves us some money over all and means we can afford to bring in a player martin wants, is it a payoff worth making?

Cashflow is king. Paying off a two year contract now is more likely to prevent us being able to bring a new player in if the bank balance is low.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:56 - Jun 19 with 1772 viewsjojaca

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:51 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

Cashflow is king. Paying off a two year contract now is more likely to prevent us being able to bring a new player in if the bank balance is low.

I honestly can't see Bennett or Fulton leaving. The clubs with some money will have more ambition than the two mentioned.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 15:25 - Jun 19 with 1739 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 14:51 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

That's why they take loans out, bridging loans. fact is, if both players stay and we don't sell anyone, then we won't have any cash to bring more players in.

There have been deals in the past where clubs have carried on paying a portion of a players wage just to get him moved on so a big payoff may not be needed, just keep paying a percentage every month.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 15:41 - Jun 19 with 1714 viewsBadlands

I know it would be expensive but if they won’t go take their shirts off the squad and tell them to stay at home. The prospect of not playing or training for a year would likely mean an end to their careers.
Ball in their box.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:22 - Jun 19 with 1642 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 15:41 - Jun 19 by Badlands

I know it would be expensive but if they won’t go take their shirts off the squad and tell them to stay at home. The prospect of not playing or training for a year would likely mean an end to their careers.
Ball in their box.

Not the best way of endearing yourself to those players like Bennett and Fulton but maybe RM should have said we are off to Surrey this week, to give you some extra time finding a new club your not coming.

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:55 - Jun 19 with 1594 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 15:41 - Jun 19 by Badlands

Ball in their box.

Denying a player the ability to train is probably something the PFA gets involved with. It's scumbag behaviour to treat people badly just because you don't want to honour a contract any more and hope they feel forced to leave. The players have done nothing wrong.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:14 - Jun 19 with 1556 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:55 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

Denying a player the ability to train is probably something the PFA gets involved with. It's scumbag behaviour to treat people badly just because you don't want to honour a contract any more and hope they feel forced to leave. The players have done nothing wrong.

Correct, but ensuring they are not punished but still offered exacting training plans would be fine I assume. Regardless of the location.

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:18 - Jun 19 with 1542 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 17:55 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

It's not about not honouring a contract though, it's about persuading a player they need to leave. No one suggested not paying them.

Lets face it, there's been plenty of players who have forced a move, plenty of players who, when a bigger club comes calling have pretty much forced a clubs hand. Remember Nicholas Anelka, Le Sulk.

Just think back to Paterson, his head "not being in the right place to play" and tell me why players can do these kinds of thing?
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:39 - Jun 19 with 1526 viewsFireboy2

FFS we are taking about getting the pfa to represent 2 players who are set up for life even if they finished now.

What a joke when you think of people on zero hour contracts on minimum wage, jeez 🙄
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:46 - Jun 19 with 1513 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:39 - Jun 19 by Fireboy2

FFS we are taking about getting the pfa to represent 2 players who are set up for life even if they finished now.

What a joke when you think of people on zero hour contracts on minimum wage, jeez 🙄

You are applying real life to football mate, never the twain shall meet.

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 19:14 - Jun 19 with 1467 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:46 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

You are applying real life to football mate, never the twain shall meet.

Oh yes silly me 🙄
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 19:26 - Jun 19 with 1455 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:18 - Jun 19 by Lorax

It's not about not honouring a contract though, it's about persuading a player they need to leave. No one suggested not paying them.

Lets face it, there's been plenty of players who have forced a move, plenty of players who, when a bigger club comes calling have pretty much forced a clubs hand. Remember Nicholas Anelka, Le Sulk.

Just think back to Paterson, his head "not being in the right place to play" and tell me why players can do these kinds of thing?

Contracts include more than just rate of pay. But that is the topic at hand, isn't it - the club wants to save money by not paying up the full value of the contracts they offered. Please leave because we have buyers' remorse.

Players are wealthy, but so are football clubs. No one should be shedding too many tears over Swansea City FC Ltd. having to pay what they promised to their employees.

Paterson was almost certainly fined and hasn't been given a pay rise or anything since, so I'm not sure what you think he got away with. Poor little football clubs being bullied by greedy players though, yeah?
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 19:28 - Jun 19 with 1450 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 18:39 - Jun 19 by Fireboy2

Does Swansea City FC Ltd. being able to force players out do anything to prevent zero hours contracts? "It's okay for companies to mistreat people because companies mistreat people far worse" is a pathetic argument.
Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 20:40 - Jun 19 with 1354 viewsLorax

Swansea City players on the move in their own time on 19:26 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

Contracts include more than just rate of pay. But that is the topic at hand, isn't it - the club wants to save money by not paying up the full value of the contracts they offered. Please leave because we have buyers' remorse.

Players are wealthy, but so are football clubs. No one should be shedding too many tears over Swansea City FC Ltd. having to pay what they promised to their employees.

Paterson was almost certainly fined and hasn't been given a pay rise or anything since, so I'm not sure what you think he got away with. Poor little football clubs being bullied by greedy players though, yeah?

We don't know that Paterson was fined. It's not buyers remorse either. The situation has changed. Football is like that, players that were once highly regarded become surplus to requirements.

When players demand a move or a pay rise do they give much credence to the contract they signed?

I'm not shedding any tears over this I am merely suggesting both parties need to work to find the best solution. It's not down to club OR player, both of them need to find a solution.

That last line, really? Has somebody rattled your cage?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024