Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? 23:22 - Jun 22 with 5060 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s only an opinion but seriously why would he leave after one season and being RM’s man ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 23:42 - Jun 22 with 2231 viewsAndyCole

Yep. Asap, hopefully.

Will never, ever be a Grimes - the epitome of brand Martine.

Downs spent an entire season striving to be Grimes - and failed, albeit heroically. Downes' desperate, schoolboy lunges and yellow/red cards were him just trying to be as good as Grimes. He never will be, he lacks the class and heritage that Grimes possesses in abundance.

Grimes is Martin's exemplar player. His leader of all things Martin.

Downs will never be that good, in so many ways as exemplified the entire season, despite the overt, wasteful hand-holding by talisman Grimes.

Downs held us back last year. Was superfluous in CM, clogging us up, stepping on Grimes' toes far too often. A spare part, getting in the way. A waste of a jersey when Grimes did his job for him all too often.

Downs out.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 23:47 - Jun 22 with 2257 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes will have a PL career, end of conversation.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:03 - Jun 23 with 2243 viewsjasper_T

I don't think anyone outside Swansea has been raving about him to be honest. There were a few murmurings about Leeds but I think that only happens when they sell Phillips for a fortune, and then they probably have their sights set higher.

It's a bit like Cabango, except in Downes case he does have all the attributes to play at a higher level on day.

If a PL bid actually does materialise he'll be off, though. The short stay with us or loyalty to a manager won't mean anything. No one's turning down the PL to stay with Swansea City.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:15 - Jun 23 with 2237 viewsTreforys_Jack

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:03 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

I don't think anyone outside Swansea has been raving about him to be honest. There were a few murmurings about Leeds but I think that only happens when they sell Phillips for a fortune, and then they probably have their sights set higher.

It's a bit like Cabango, except in Downes case he does have all the attributes to play at a higher level on day.

If a PL bid actually does materialise he'll be off, though. The short stay with us or loyalty to a manager won't mean anything. No one's turning down the PL to stay with Swansea City.

Regarding your last paragraph, I'd be amazed if anyone thought any differently to be honest. I know fans love to think players play for the shirt, etc but those days went 50yrs ago at least. I always cringe when I see players kissing the badge.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:20 - Jun 23 with 2198 viewsAndyCole

A proper manager would have invested in Dan Williams instead of wasting huge coin and effort in downs.

Downs is a failed RB masquerading as a CDM, a proper fraud and an embarrassment to the badge of honour in that pivotal role for The Swans. A proper headless chicken.

Fits more with the Crapdiff brand in that role. No class, no heritage.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:21 - Jun 23 with 2235 viewsTreforys_Jack

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:20 - Jun 23 by AndyCole

A proper manager would have invested in Dan Williams instead of wasting huge coin and effort in downs.

Downs is a failed RB masquerading as a CDM, a proper fraud and an embarrassment to the badge of honour in that pivotal role for The Swans. A proper headless chicken.

Fits more with the Crapdiff brand in that role. No class, no heritage.

You're not even a good wum.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 00:40 - Jun 23 with 2218 viewsKeithHaynes

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 23:47 - Jun 22 by Treforys_Jack

Downes will have a PL career, end of conversation.

Starting in a white shirt 2023/24 ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 01:33 - Jun 23 with 2157 viewsDr_Parnassus

I like Downes but don’t think we use him correctly. If there was ever an example of stunted growth of a player then Downes would be it.

Often playing him on defence is just stupidity, playing him alongside another similar player is also rather silly at holding mid.

He’s a good player but his inclusion often makes no sense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 05:48 - Jun 23 with 2161 viewsSwans9

He put a great tackle in Cardiff away game. Makes the starting 11 every time for me. Is turning into the new ki where he is moved to cb every now and then.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 07:26 - Jun 23 with 2063 viewsjojaca

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 05:48 - Jun 23 by Swans9

He put a great tackle in Cardiff away game. Makes the starting 11 every time for me. Is turning into the new ki where he is moved to cb every now and then.

Best midfielder at the club and one of few with Premier League potential. But I can't see many clubs bidding for any of our players. I just think some scouts would probably see how our players perform next season. If I had a bet the only player I can see leaving is Obafemi because of his pace.

Even when you know, you never know?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:18 - Jun 23 with 1998 viewsWhiterockin

An automatic starter for me when fit. Destined for the Premier League if only he could have more self discipline and cut out the lunges when he is a yard off the pace.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:29 - Jun 23 with 1978 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 01:33 - Jun 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I like Downes but don’t think we use him correctly. If there was ever an example of stunted growth of a player then Downes would be it.

Often playing him on defence is just stupidity, playing him alongside another similar player is also rather silly at holding mid.

He’s a good player but his inclusion often makes no sense.

Terrific talent wasted.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:30 - Jun 23 with 1971 viewsDr_Winston

Had his game unnaturally restricted by having to cover for Grimes so much IMO. Downes should have been getting more involved in most things. Instead he increasingly found himself forced to sit back and play second fiddle to Dear Leader. Shouldn't really have happened that way.

Still, never been convinced that we'd be beating off the offers with a stick this summer. Other clubs would have noticed him, "bookmarked" him, and will probably wait to see what happens next season before deciding whether or not to make a move.

Piroe and Oba still far, far more likely candidates for a transfer this summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:52 - Jun 23 with 1949 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:30 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

Had his game unnaturally restricted by having to cover for Grimes so much IMO. Downes should have been getting more involved in most things. Instead he increasingly found himself forced to sit back and play second fiddle to Dear Leader. Shouldn't really have happened that way.

Still, never been convinced that we'd be beating off the offers with a stick this summer. Other clubs would have noticed him, "bookmarked" him, and will probably wait to see what happens next season before deciding whether or not to make a move.

100% agree.
He should have actually replaced Grimes.
Not selling Grimes has held us back

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:14 - Jun 23 with 1927 viewsjasper_T

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:30 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

I think it's a stretch to blame Grimes for how Downes plays. Too often he goes short and sideways as if asking others to play our football for him. Early season especially where he would shuffle the ball off to Naughton and then drop in behind to play sweeper. He's shown that when he has the ambition to drive forward with the ball he can impact games but doesn't do it often enough.

Grimes gets slated when he's risk-averse but many on here either overlook the fact that Downes has been even more so, or somehow blame Grimes for it. Grimes has had to adapt to a more forward-thinking role in the partnership which doesn't really suit him, so I'm not sure where the idea that he needed "cover" comes from. Been one of the best in the division as a holding midfielder for three seasons before Downes arriving, with excellent defensive stats.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:16 - Jun 23 with 1920 viewsjasper_T

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 08:52 - Jun 23 by onehunglow

100% agree.
He should have actually replaced Grimes.
Not selling Grimes has held us back

I'm sure that was the plan. No way we buy three midfielders in one window without expecting to lose one. But bids didn't come in. Fulham were never more than lukewarm with Grimes the backup, bargain option behind loftier targets.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:26 - Jun 23 with 1891 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:16 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

I'm sure that was the plan. No way we buy three midfielders in one window without expecting to lose one. But bids didn't come in. Fulham were never more than lukewarm with Grimes the backup, bargain option behind loftier targets.

Morning jasp
Have to admit my heart sunk when Grimes didnt move on.
Our better players are the ones to get offers from other clubs.
Naughton the great wasnt that attractive or so it seems.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:29 - Jun 23 with 1879 viewsDr_Winston

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:26 - Jun 23 by onehunglow

Morning jasp
Have to admit my heart sunk when Grimes didnt move on.
Our better players are the ones to get offers from other clubs.
Naughton the great wasnt that attractive or so it seems.

Naughton the Player's Player of the Year? The standout of our backline all season? That Naughton?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:35 - Jun 23 with 1877 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:29 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

Naughton the Player's Player of the Year? The standout of our backline all season? That Naughton?

Yeah,that s the one.
He's an excellent professional and has served us well but please...he aint a "great" and not a stand out player in the Championship. He is the one who has been and is left for dead as the likes of Andy Carroll troll past him. That one.

It shows how our standards have fallen when this sound but hardly brilliant footballer gets lauded as he does,not unlike Mark Gower and De Guzmansolid players but overated.

See,I ve saved you the trouble. What's it been now 10/11/12 years!

Bless you and have a nice day. Get down Caswell,slip into your Speedos and swim to Langland and walk back to the car park in Cas. I used to.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 10:06 - Jun 23 with 1843 viewsAndyconky

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 23:42 - Jun 22 by AndyCole

Yep. Asap, hopefully.

Will never, ever be a Grimes - the epitome of brand Martine.

Downs spent an entire season striving to be Grimes - and failed, albeit heroically. Downes' desperate, schoolboy lunges and yellow/red cards were him just trying to be as good as Grimes. He never will be, he lacks the class and heritage that Grimes possesses in abundance.

Grimes is Martin's exemplar player. His leader of all things Martin.

Downs will never be that good, in so many ways as exemplified the entire season, despite the overt, wasteful hand-holding by talisman Grimes.

Downs held us back last year. Was superfluous in CM, clogging us up, stepping on Grimes' toes far too often. A spare part, getting in the way. A waste of a jersey when Grimes did his job for him all too often.

Downs out.

Now I know you're nothing more than a troll/wum!

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 10:13 - Jun 23 with 1823 viewsDr_Winston

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:35 - Jun 23 by onehunglow

Yeah,that s the one.
He's an excellent professional and has served us well but please...he aint a "great" and not a stand out player in the Championship. He is the one who has been and is left for dead as the likes of Andy Carroll troll past him. That one.

It shows how our standards have fallen when this sound but hardly brilliant footballer gets lauded as he does,not unlike Mark Gower and De Guzmansolid players but overated.

Bless you and have a nice day. Get down Caswell,slip into your Speedos and swim to Langland and walk back to the car park in Cas. I used to.

If you want me to stop calling you out when you post stupid stuff, then stop posting stupid stuff. It's not complicated.

You're basically the only person still pushing the nonsense that Naughton hasn't been one of our most consistently effective performers over the last three or four years. Even some of those who criticised him when we were still in the Prem acknowledge that.

It's always the same with you. You pick your targets and nothing, especially not reality, gets in the way of your little hate campaigns.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 14:04 - Jun 23 with 1691 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 10:13 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

If you want me to stop calling you out when you post stupid stuff, then stop posting stupid stuff. It's not complicated.

You're basically the only person still pushing the nonsense that Naughton hasn't been one of our most consistently effective performers over the last three or four years. Even some of those who criticised him when we were still in the Prem acknowledge that.

It's always the same with you. You pick your targets and nothing, especially not reality, gets in the way of your little hate campaigns.

Nice
Play tide.
This is not the old regime where yiu could post pure hatred

Listen up. This site owner has highlighted the fact that hate speech or posts singling out people for abuse will not be tolerated. That means you seeing a post as stupid doesn’t qualify you to post as you do.

Got that. Good

Be nice
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 14:07]

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 14:32 - Jun 23 with 1665 viewsBryanSwan

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:35 - Jun 23 by onehunglow

Yeah,that s the one.

Think it was Rhys Williams that was left for dead running in mud.
Naughton gets so much stick, even his teammates recognise how important he has been this year.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 15:16 - Jun 23 with 1633 viewsshandyjack

Yeah,that s the one.

Saying De Guzman was over rated really shows this site how limited your knowledge of football is.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 15:59 - Jun 23 with 1583 viewsDr_Winston

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 15:16 - Jun 23 by shandyjack

Saying De Guzman was over rated really shows this site how limited your knowledge of football is.

Innit. You can normally tell someone who knows their stuff from the other ones based on their opinion of JdG.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024