Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What three things.... 20:36 - Jun 23 with 3651 viewsLorax

Ok you heathens, if you could choose any 3 points in history, any great historical event to go back and watch live, what would you pick?

1, The building of the great Pyramid at Giza, I just want to know how they did it.

2, Operation Agreement WW2, I've heard the story but I want to see just how in hades my Grandpa survived the amphibious assault of Tobruk.

3, The grassy gnoll, I'd like to find out who actually did shoot JFK.
What three things.... on 20:52 - Jun 23 with 2929 viewsKilkennyjack

1. I would stop Huw buying Mesa and Borja so we stay in Prem.

2. I would go to 1966 world cup final and get the Russian linesman to flag the goals as off- side.

3. I would send Joe Jordan to jail for cheating, and send Cymru to the World Cup

Beware of the Risen People

What three things.... on 20:55 - Jun 23 with 2925 viewsLorax

What three things.... on 20:52 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

2. I would go to 1966 world cup final and get the Russian linesman to flag the goals as off- side.

3. I would send Joe Jordan to jail for cheating, and send Cymru to the World Cup

I obviously needed to be more specific, when I said "watch live" I should have specified you cannot change anything.
What three things.... on 21:15 - Jun 23 with 2901 viewsKilkennyjack

What three things.... on 20:55 - Jun 23 by Lorax

I obviously needed to be more specific, when I said "watch live" I should have specified you cannot change anything.

Sorry my bad, i will have another go. So ….

Dublin Easter Rising 1916
The release of Nelson Mandela
Cymru - 1400 to 1415, if you know you know ….

[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 21:21]

Beware of the Risen People

What three things.... on 21:25 - Jun 23 with 2884 viewsWhiterockin

1. The creation of Stonehenge, how they did it and the truth of what's its all about.

2. The Beatles first gig in the Cavern.

3. Be on the first flight of Concorde, there will never be anything like it again. I saw it fly over once when on holiday incredible sight. Plus heard the booms nightly when I was younger.
What three things.... on 22:08 - Jun 23 with 2838 viewsmajorraglan

What three things.... on 20:52 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

Tremendous. Made me laugh.
What three things.... on 22:22 - Jun 23 with 2828 viewsTreforys_Jack

1. Stonehemge for me as well.

2. Alesia

3. Paviland cave 10,000yrs ago and look across the Bristol Channel as a grassy plain.
What three things.... on 23:20 - Jun 23 with 2796 viewsLohengrin

1. To have been Lloyd George’s secretary the night before Versailles knowing what I know now. To have shown him what the future would hold if he didn’t use all his great powers of persuasion to convince the conference to adopt a position of magnanimity in victory. How different it all could have been…

2. To have been crossing the Sambre—Oise Canal at 10:50 on the morning of the 4th November 1918, close enough to Wilfred Owen to have got him to duck and go on to be one of the greatest writers of the twentieth century.

3. To have been in the audience at The Globe in 1604 to have seen the first performance of Hamlet.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What three things.... on 23:31 - Jun 23 with 2789 viewsLohengrin

What three things.... on 20:55 - Jun 23 by Lorax

Better to play God and change the course of history. 😉

Login to get fewer ads

What three things.... on 00:00 - Jun 24 with 2778 viewsSTID2017

What three things.... on 21:15 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

The first two plus Martin Luther King's " I have a dream" speech

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What three things.... on 00:32 - Jun 24 with 2769 viewsRobbie

Go slightly off tangent here , events in history which , in my lifetime left a mark .

So for obvious reasons , and some places I would not want to be present at

1 . Lady Di losing her life in Paris , just the truth please .

2. 9/11 , without doubt , and hopefully never again to see on live TV the coverage and me watching something like a surreal movie in disbelief .

3 . I would loved to have been in that Hollywood Studio when Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon too .

Time to put my tinfoil hat on now and re-read my conspiracy theories books.
What three things.... on 10:50 - Jun 24 with 2706 viewsLorax

What three things.... on 23:20 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

1. To have been Lloyd George’s secretary the night before Versailles knowing what I know now. To have shown him what the future would hold if he didn’t use all his great powers of persuasion to convince the conference to adopt a position of magnanimity in victory. How different it all could have been…

2. To have been crossing the Sambre—Oise Canal at 10:50 on the morning of the 4th November 1918, close enough to Wilfred Owen to have got him to duck and go on to be one of the greatest writers of the twentieth century.

3. To have been in the audience at The Globe in 1604 to have seen the first performance of Hamlet.

You can't change anything mun! You are only an observer. Besides, you have no guarantee that changing something wouldn't make things worse and temperal mechanics make your ideas worthless anyway.

What if magnanimity made things worse.

What if Owen survived but a broken man by what he saw the other side of that canal

What if you being at the Globe somehow damaged Shakespeare's future and the great works after Hamlet never got written?

Be very careful what you wish for Loh, I thought you knew better.
What three things.... on 10:53 - Jun 24 with 2693 viewsLorax

What three things.... on 23:31 - Jun 23 by Lohengrin

Better to play God and change the course of history. 😉

What if you change it and make it worse though, then, what if you change something and it means you never get born? What if you caused a temperal paradox?

What if you triggered a course of events that saw Hitler get nuclear weapons first?
What three things.... on 12:55 - Jun 24 with 2665 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

They used slaves to build the pyramids. Lots and lots of slaves. Oswald shot Kennedy. Your grandad was lucky. Very lucky.
What three things.... on 13:32 - Jun 24 with 2640 viewsBryanSwan

What three things.... on 12:55 - Jun 24 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

They used slaves to build the pyramids. Lots and lots of slaves. Oswald shot Kennedy. Your grandad was lucky. Very lucky.

Recent archaeologists have stated that they believe most of the workers at the pyramids had a pretty decent gig from their findings.
But it would still be interesting to see why they built them and how they did so.
My other two would have to be the moon landing (was it real) and possibly the 1958 World cup, to see if Pele really was that great with my own eyes.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

What three things.... on 14:09 - Jun 24 with 2609 viewsonehunglow

1.To have been in Curies lab when they discovered Radium.

2.To have witnessed the Great Welsh Revival of 1904

3.To have attended any Don Bradman innings

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What three things.... on 14:29 - Jun 24 with 2593 viewsLohengrin

What three things.... on 10:53 - Jun 24 by Lorax

What if you change it and make it worse though, then, what if you change something and it means you never get born? What if you caused a temperal paradox?

What if you triggered a course of events that saw Hitler get nuclear weapons first?

What ifs are great diversionary entertainment, mate.

Had Versailles gone differently the political landscape of the ‘20s and ‘30s would have been radically different. When Capital’s crisis struck in 1929, without the crippling burden of reparations there is every possibility that Weimar would have weathered the storm, just, as did Britain.

Hitler? His would be a name known only to undergraduate students of obscure, short-lived political sects of the immediate post-war era. Of the other leading Nazis we know now I’d say only two would have gone on to achieve fame or notoriety.

It’s not difficult to imagine Goebbels going on to become a hugely successful, if scurrilous journalist, attacking the sitting ducks of the left and right with equal relish well into the ‘60s.

The second figure offers an altogether different possibility. Had history followed a different trajectory Gregor Strasser may well be remembered today as a mid-century titan of the European centre-left. A possible German Chancellor, perhaps recalled as the father of the German welfare state?

What three things.... on 15:28 - Jun 24 with 2552 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’d rather go forward in time and see what amazing (or terrible) things will happen once I’m not around to see it.

Imagine someone from the 16th century coming to todays times and getting on a plane or having their food cooked in seconds in a microwave. It would blow their mind.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:30]
What three things.... on 15:38 - Jun 24 with 2546 viewsLohengrin

What three things.... on 15:28 - Jun 24 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I’d rather go forward in time and see what amazing (or terrible) things will happen once I’m not around to see it.

Imagine someone from the 16th century coming to todays times and getting on a plane or having their food cooked in seconds in a microwave. It would blow their mind.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:30]

Or a Swansea boy from 1952 appearing in town now, scratching his head wondering where all the work has gone, what’s happened to all the ships and chimneys?

What three things.... on 17:25 - Jun 24 with 2508 viewsbritferry

I would have loved to have witnessed 3 battles, from a very safe distance:
Waterloo
Hastings
Austerlitz

non-battles, I'd say:
JFK
Titanic
Hillary / Tenzing

and if I could go back and change one thing:
Aberfan
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 17:26]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

What three things.... on 17:40 - Jun 24 with 2492 viewsKeithHaynes

What three things.... on 21:15 - Jun 23 by Kilkennyjack

The Glyndwr uprising and no I didn’t google it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What three things.... on 17:43 - Jun 24 with 2471 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

What three things.... on 17:40 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

The Glyndwr uprising and no I didn’t google it.

1400-1415? I thought it lasted longer than fifteen minutes.
What three things.... on 17:44 - Jun 24 with 2470 viewsKeithHaynes

What three things.... on 21:25 - Jun 23 by Whiterockin

1. The creation of Stonehenge, how they did it and the truth of what's its all about.

2. The Beatles first gig in the Cavern.

3. Be on the first flight of Concorde, there will never be anything like it again. I saw it fly over once when on holiday incredible sight. Plus heard the booms nightly when I was younger.

Played in the cavern, the one they have there now isn’t the actual cavern. The real location is opposite and up the lane slightly. As much as I don’t like the Beatles, those days must have been great. The in-laws went there a few times and didn’t like them either, more in to Billy Fury.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What three things.... on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 2463 viewsonehunglow

What three things.... on 17:44 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

Played in the cavern, the one they have there now isn’t the actual cavern. The real location is opposite and up the lane slightly. As much as I don’t like the Beatles, those days must have been great. The in-laws went there a few times and didn’t like them either, more in to Billy Fury.

You didn’t like the Beatles .

Ronnie Wycherley was underrated and died too young.

I’m told the cavern days were special.

Matthew Strreet is rather naff now and mostly tourists,including the Welsh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What three things.... on 17:58 - Jun 24 with 2446 viewsWhiterockin

What three things.... on 17:44 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

Music is all down to taste and preference. I just feel that it was a moment that changed music. I must have been about 8 and could feel the change happening.
What three things.... on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 2426 viewsSTID2017

What three things.... on 17:51 - Jun 24 by onehunglow

You didn’t like the Beatles .

Ronnie Wycherley was underrated and died too young.

I’m told the cavern days were special.

Matthew Strreet is rather naff now and mostly tourists,including the Welsh

It is just the chance to walk in Matthew Street, which played a massive part in the birth of music in the UK as we know it today, that makes it special to us "tourists" in Liverpool.
Same as anyone visiting the tv or movie studios in the UK or Hollywood ( the real ones not the fake ones ) can draw a sense of the birth of those genres.
Can't beat Monument Valley for stirring the memories mind

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024