Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France thread 18:08 - Jun 27 with 2282 viewsonehunglow

Anyone interested

Starts Friday in Denmark

Any rider fancied

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tour de France thread on 18:20 - Jun 27 with 1853 viewsWhiterockin

Absolutely love the tour one if my highlights of the year. The fittest sportsmen on the planet.

Hopefully it's G's year.
Tour de France thread on 20:05 - Jun 27 with 1815 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 18:20 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

Absolutely love the tour one if my highlights of the year. The fittest sportsmen on the planet.

Hopefully it's G's year.

It’s a weird route for sure. Three days in Denmark and the whole west of France ignored. Even Pau.

We were in Cahors a few years ago and there s a stage finish there midway through the race

It’s compulsive viewing

They are nuts

Cavendish might well win a stage

Tour de France thread on 20:15 - Jun 27 with 1805 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 20:05 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

It’s a weird route for sure. Three days in Denmark and the whole west of France ignored. Even Pau.

We were in Cahors a few years ago and there s a stage finish there midway through the race

It’s compulsive viewing

They are nuts

Cavendish might well win a stage

Cav is out. Absolutely gutted his team has not picked him. He was nailed on to hold the record outright.
Tour de France thread on 20:26 - Jun 27 with 1781 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 20:15 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

Cav is out. Absolutely gutted his team has not picked him. He was nailed on to hold the record outright.

Bugger.
I saw he won in Scotland and assumed he was a starter

Thanks anyway

Tour de France thread on 20:28 - Jun 27 with 1775 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 20:26 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Bugger.
I saw he won in Scotland and assumed he was a starter

Thanks anyway

No problem
Tour de France thread on 20:32 - Jun 27 with 1741 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 20:28 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

No problem

I look forward to chewing the cud with you on the next three weeks on this event. I stated before. It was without doubt the hardest event in sport to which some replied with ridicule .

Chris Boardman lives close to us. Great bloke although pretty insular . His dad too . Great family shattered by mum being killed in Connah s Quay.

Tour de France thread on 20:42 - Jun 27 with 1727 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 20:32 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

I look forward to chewing the cud with you on the next three weeks on this event. I stated before. It was without doubt the hardest event in sport to which some replied with ridicule .

Chris Boardman lives close to us. Great bloke although pretty insular . His dad too . Great family shattered by mum being killed in Connah s Quay.

Hell of a day Friday. Tour tennis and cricket.
Tour de France thread on 07:30 - Jun 28 with 1663 viewsEagleEye

Can only really see 1 or 2 challenging Pogacar based on form this year. Most likely challenger will be his fellow Slovenian Roglic.

I would like to see G up there but he is not in the same class as the other 2. He will need an incredible amount of luck to make the podium. He may be due some luck as he has had more than his fair share of bad luck in the last few years. Mountain stages are the most exciting. I don’t think many people realise how many spectators attend these events, over 800,000 spectators expected on the Alpe d’huez mountain stage is just mental
Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France thread on 09:52 - Jun 28 with 1644 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 07:30 - Jun 28 by EagleEye

Can only really see 1 or 2 challenging Pogacar based on form this year. Most likely challenger will be his fellow Slovenian Roglic.

I would like to see G up there but he is not in the same class as the other 2. He will need an incredible amount of luck to make the podium. He may be due some luck as he has had more than his fair share of bad luck in the last few years. Mountain stages are the most exciting. I don’t think many people realise how many spectators attend these events, over 800,000 spectators expected on the Alpe d’huez mountain stage is just mental

Pogacar could be the one to break the 5 wins-legit.

Tour de France thread on 21:59 - Jun 28 with 1594 viewsbritferry

Stage 12, thank you very much

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-12

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Tour de France thread on 22:42 - Jun 28 with 1571 viewsThrasher6

Going to have a good punt this time as we have a nice few "leads" in our business. Still mightily tough though, but I'm embracing the Tour and hope to make a few bob...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Tour de France thread on 09:04 - Jul 1 with 1466 viewsWhiterockin

Tour route starting this afternoon.

https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route
Tour de France thread on 09:10 - Jul 1 with 1454 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 09:04 - Jul 1 by Whiterockin

Tour route starting this afternoon.

https://www.letour.fr/en/overall-route

Nice interviews with G around.
Love the lad ,meself.

Tour de France thread on 09:15 - Jul 1 with 1436 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 09:10 - Jul 1 by onehunglow

Nice interviews with G around.
Love the lad ,meself.

Stage 5 could well suit Thomas, hilly and cobbles particularly if it is wet.
Tour de France thread on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 1367 viewsEagleEye

Stage 1 - can’t believe G left his gilet on !! Could have been worse I suppose in that weather. The ITT is normally a discipline that G does well in. Early to say but losing even just 10-15 seconds to his main rivals at this stage is a setback. He’s not the type of rider to take back such a margin easily
Tour de France thread on 16:25 - Jul 8 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

Fgs,Pogacar 's a bluddy animal.
Brutal

Tour effectively sorted within the first week.

Tour de France thread on 16:01 - Jul 13 with 1048 viewsWhiterockin

What a day in the mountains.
Tour de France thread on 16:38 - Jul 13 with 1024 viewsEagleEye

Tour de France thread on 16:01 - Jul 13 by Whiterockin

What a day in the mountains.

Race blown apart today as Pogacar & Roglic cracked. Just goes to show how important it is to have team numbers with you. Great ride again by G. Next 2 days are going to be very interesting. Vingegaard looked strong but can he sustain that over 3 days in the high mountains. G & Adam Yates using all their experience to challenge for podium & hang in there
Tour de France thread on 16:45 - Jul 13 with 1019 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 16:38 - Jul 13 by EagleEye

Race blown apart today as Pogacar & Roglic cracked. Just goes to show how important it is to have team numbers with you. Great ride again by G. Next 2 days are going to be very interesting. Vingegaard looked strong but can he sustain that over 3 days in the high mountains. G & Adam Yates using all their experience to challenge for podium & hang in there

Its all about getting yourself in the right place for the next couple of days. Cover the attacks that matter and attack yourself if the opportunity arises. G can still pull a bit back on the long time trial, if he remembers to take his jacket off, but the next couple of days will be key. A lot depends who recovers best after today, tough day again tomorrow.
Tour de France thread on 17:28 - Jul 13 with 986 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tour de France thread on 16:38 - Jul 13 by EagleEye

Not in the same class you said. Geraint is amongst the best of the best, I really do not understand the physiology of it all. Can the Slovenians come back from a day like today or are they physically unable to recover?

He with hindsight should have let them go in earlier climbs and attempted to save energy and reel them in. Last two days have been fantasti and won won by Danes. Hard as nails. The Columbian guy Quintana might do it as he is in his element.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Tour de France thread on 20:05 - Jul 13 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Don’t let anyone tell me there is @ greater sporting event. It blows every single one out of the water .
Coverage today excellent and Gary Inlach,what a front man. Check out his book on his dad …etc.

Geraint is wonderful and I’m a fan boy. A Welshman to cuddle and be really proud of .

Hope he can make the podium

Plenty have dismissed the tdf,mainly bell ends

Tour de France thread on 22:36 - Jul 13 with 928 viewsbritferry

Tour de France thread on 21:59 - Jun 28 by britferry

Stage 12, thank you very much

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-12

after todays bloodbath, this is now set-up perfectly for the greatest finish of them all... Alpe d'Huez

And the only ever yellow jersey wearer to win on this mountain?

Our very own G on his way to winning the race

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Tour de France thread on 08:33 - Jul 14 with 893 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 22:36 - Jul 13 by britferry

after todays bloodbath, this is now set-up perfectly for the greatest finish of them all... Alpe d'Huez

And the only ever yellow jersey wearer to win on this mountain?

Our very own G on his way to winning the race

Gonna be something to behold I hope/

Tour de France thread on 10:06 - Jul 14 with 867 viewsEagleEye

Tour de France thread on 17:28 - Jul 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Not in the same class you said. Geraint is amongst the best of the best, I really do not understand the physiology of it all. Can the Slovenians come back from a day like today or are they physically unable to recover?

He with hindsight should have let them go in earlier climbs and attempted to save energy and reel them in. Last two days have been fantasti and won won by Danes. Hard as nails. The Columbian guy Quintana might do it as he is in his element.

G is not someone who is able to attack & win races with the panache of Roglic or Pogacar, he is a proven endurance man though one of the best. With his experience he remains in chance of a podium finish but he will not blow the field away like Pogacar has already done or Vingegaard yesterday.

Pogacar is not out of this yet, he is still favourite. Roglic has blown his GC chances as he dislocated his shoulder earlier in the race (stage 4) & is domestique for Vingegaard. The race was blown apart yesterday & this could now be the most exciting TdF for years if they carry on attacking each other. Today should be an absolute belter with the French holidays, Alpe d’huez & they are expecting 800,000 to 1,000,000 people to in the mountains, just incredible
Tour de France thread on 10:24 - Jul 14 with 858 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 10:06 - Jul 14 by EagleEye

G is not someone who is able to attack & win races with the panache of Roglic or Pogacar, he is a proven endurance man though one of the best. With his experience he remains in chance of a podium finish but he will not blow the field away like Pogacar has already done or Vingegaard yesterday.

Pogacar is not out of this yet, he is still favourite. Roglic has blown his GC chances as he dislocated his shoulder earlier in the race (stage 4) & is domestique for Vingegaard. The race was blown apart yesterday & this could now be the most exciting TdF for years if they carry on attacking each other. Today should be an absolute belter with the French holidays, Alpe d’huez & they are expecting 800,000 to 1,000,000 people to in the mountains, just incredible

Hence my oft ridiculed comments over many years that this is the hardest sporting event of all,bar none .
It is both crazy and beautiful

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024