Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel signs his first pro deal 👍 18:54 - Jun 27 with 486 viewsKeithHaynes

From the OS.

Swansea City youngster Joel Cotterill has put pen to paper on his first professional contract, which will come into effect from July 1.

The 17-year-old midfielder has been with the Swans since the age of seven, and has signed a two-year deal.

The Wales age-grade international was named among the substitutes for the home fixtures against Bournemouth and Queens Park Rangers towards the end of last season, having been a stand-out performer for the under-18s and under-23s in recent campaigns.

Cotterill, the cousin of former Swans and Wales winger David, is delighted to have achieved a major milestone in the career of any young footballer, but he already has his sights set on pressing on after being part of the squad for the pre-season training camp at Pennyhill Park.

Joel Cotterill vs QPR 1
"I'm overwhelmed, I have been with the club so long and it's a dream come true for me," said Cotterill.

"But the challenge for me now is to keep pushing forward, to keep working hard for those opportunities.

"I was on the bench for the first team towards the end of last season and that just gives you that extra bit of hunger. I've had that during the off-season, I've been working hard to get better, and it's certainly given me that extra little bit of energy.

"It doesn't stop here, obviously I am really pleased to have signed a pro deal, but I have to make sure that means something and I do enough to make the most of it.

"I have to work to get better every day. The dream is to play for the first team, I have been away at Pennyhill Park and being around the players and the gaffer and his staff; it's just such a good environment to be in.

"It's early in pre-season and I want to do well and give myself a good base to carry into the season."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel signs his first pro deal 👍 on 19:16 - Jun 27 with 460 viewsKeithHaynes

I like what I’ve seen of Joel, as well as Oli Cooper and Cameron Congreve, no reason why they shouldn’t be in the reckoning next season. Especially Oli.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel signs his first pro deal 👍 on 20:09 - Jun 27 with 390 viewsherbie

Agree Keith. For that reason I see no need to look at signing any midfielders. We have a promising crop coming through, and I put Benda in that camp too and want to see him given his chance but that won't happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024