Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wisdom of the group please... 12:31 - Jul 11 with 915 viewsGwyn737

Providing my flight isn't one of those that ends up getting cancelled, I'm off to Spain in the middle of August.

My boy will be 12 by the time we go but as a summer born there's not enough time to get him fully jabbed.

Anyone had to sort this and if so what's the best thing to do test wise to get him in.

Thanks in advance!
Wisdom of the group please... on 13:53 - Jul 11 with 856 viewsItchySphincter

Best advice will be from your travel agent, I wouldn’t trust what you are told on here as it’s a pretty fluid situation which can change quickly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wisdom of the group please... on 13:57 - Jul 11 with 835 viewsonehunglow

Wisdom of the group please... on 13:53 - Jul 11 by ItchySphincter

Best advice will be from your travel agent, I wouldn’t trust what you are told on here as it’s a pretty fluid situation which can change quickly.

And be sceptical about some that you Travel Agent tells you.
We booked a holiday and were caught out with passport renewal dates.
Itch is right when he says matters can and probably will change by the time you go.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wisdom of the group please... on 15:32 - Jul 11 with 789 viewsGwyn737

Wisdom of the group please... on 13:53 - Jul 11 by ItchySphincter

First Choice just direct you to the .gov site and they 'can't' give advice.
Wisdom of the group please... on 15:42 - Jul 11 with 784 viewsCatullus

Wisdom of the group please... on 15:32 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

My best advice is too late, I wouldn't have booked to fly anywhere the way things are.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wisdom of the group please... on 18:34 - Jul 11 with 731 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve travelled back and forth five times this year Gwyn from Spain to various airports in to Bristol and London and back of course. It’s always best to have an up to date Covid certificate on you. But I haven’t been asked for it ever. Just a passport. I know people who have travelled with kids here under 12 no problem, and over 12 no problem.

I was unaware of any new regulations. However ….

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wisdom of the group please... on 20:12 - Jul 11 with 689 viewsGwyn737

Wisdom of the group please... on 18:34 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

I’ve travelled back and forth five times this year Gwyn from Spain to various airports in to Bristol and London and back of course. It’s always best to have an up to date Covid certificate on you. But I haven’t been asked for it ever. Just a passport. I know people who have travelled with kids here under 12 no problem, and over 12 no problem.

I was unaware of any new regulations. However ….

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cheers Keith.

It’s no problem for me as jabbed up but the boy will need to test. It’s not as easy to navigate which are the right ones to use as I’d assumed.
Wisdom of the group please... on 21:17 - Jul 11 with 668 viewsScotia

Wisdom of the group please... on 20:12 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

Cheers Keith.

It’s no problem for me as jabbed up but the boy will need to test. It’s not as easy to navigate which are the right ones to use as I’d assumed.

I understand your predicament, I was looking at the Spanish entry requirements today. I took it that an unvaccinated 12 year old needs a negative test to enter the country?

The tests could be a PCR up to 72 hours prior to arrival or LFT 24 hours I think?

When I've done that before I've used Randox for a PCR and a company in Yorkshire for the LFT. Forgotten the name a sec, I'll check my emails, but both have been efficient.

I think the PCR was about 40 quid and the LFT 25. The LFT was an automated response and I had the certificate within 20 minutes.

Edit. It was these. https://www.livingcare.co.uk/covidtests

Having said that, apparently you need a covid pass to enter France, I was there in May and didn't get asked for it at all.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 21:20]
Wisdom of the group please... on 21:58 - Jul 11 with 650 viewsGwyn737

Wisdom of the group please... on 21:17 - Jul 11 by Scotia

I understand your predicament, I was looking at the Spanish entry requirements today. I took it that an unvaccinated 12 year old needs a negative test to enter the country?

The tests could be a PCR up to 72 hours prior to arrival or LFT 24 hours I think?

When I've done that before I've used Randox for a PCR and a company in Yorkshire for the LFT. Forgotten the name a sec, I'll check my emails, but both have been efficient.

I think the PCR was about 40 quid and the LFT 25. The LFT was an automated response and I had the certificate within 20 minutes.

Having said that, apparently you need a covid pass to enter France, I was there in May and didn't get asked for it at all.

That’s great. Thanks for your help 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Wisdom of the group please... on 22:10 - Jul 11 with 640 viewsItchySphincter

Wisdom of the group please... on 15:32 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

That is the advice then. We went to Zante end of May and we were told that there were no restrictions, but there were. Take a mask.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wisdom of the group please... on 09:06 - Jul 12 with 596 viewsAlgorfajack

I am pretty sure that all flights in & out of Spain require passengers to wear masks during flight.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Wisdom of the group please... on 10:12 - Jul 12 with 564 viewsKeithHaynes

Wisdom of the group please... on 09:06 - Jul 12 by Algorfajack

I am pretty sure that all flights in & out of Spain require passengers to wear masks during flight.

That’s correct, only enforced on one occasion for me this year.

Wisdom of the group please... on 10:14 - Jul 12 with 554 viewsKeithHaynes

Wisdom of the group please... on 21:17 - Jul 11 by Scotia

Best advice then cover all eventualities.

All the advice these countries give and they rarely enforce it.
But nobody wants their holiday messed up.

Wisdom of the group please... on 10:18 - Jul 12 with 540 viewsCountyJim

We made a decision not to bother this year we've missed two years so what's another year as Jonny Logan would say

All seems a right palaver at the moment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024