Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gardening .Pain or pleasure 15:50 - Jul 24 with 411 viewsonehunglow

Supposed to be a relief from stress and good for mind and body.

Well,is it?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 16:21 - Jul 24 with 388 viewsWingstandwood

It's IMO emotionally involving and comes with a great sense of satisfaction to see something grow from day to day, and from week to week from just a mere seed/sapling/nursery plant. I would say it's a beneficial hobby for wellbeing.

I used to in particular love to watch the progression of kidney beans growing up the sticks and be ready for picking. Unlike growing spuds etc you can see the future 'meal' growing above the soil.

It comes with a sense of achievement especially when what you've grown ends up on a plate right in front of you to eat. The downside is seasons beginning and seasons end when all the graft is required to prepare, cultivate, dig up and to throw away discarded leaves, vines and ground roots! Who needs a gymnasium to keep fit hey!

Argus!

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 17:04 - Jul 24 with 361 viewsonehunglow

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 16:21 - Jul 24 by Wingstandwood

It's IMO emotionally involving and comes with a great sense of satisfaction to see something grow from day to day, and from week to week from just a mere seed/sapling/nursery plant. I would say it's a beneficial hobby for wellbeing.

I used to in particular love to watch the progression of kidney beans growing up the sticks and be ready for picking. Unlike growing spuds etc you can see the future 'meal' growing above the soil.

It comes with a sense of achievement especially when what you've grown ends up on a plate right in front of you to eat. The downside is seasons beginning and seasons end when all the graft is required to prepare, cultivate, dig up and to throw away discarded leaves, vines and ground roots! Who needs a gymnasium to keep fit hey!

Even after radically altering our modest home,wifey and me were thinking about buying an apartment in west Kirby overlooking the marine lake. Luxury property with terrace overseeing staggering sunsets over Wales.
BUT,no garden ,no pottering around,no seeing seasons change plants.
Simple things in life eh.

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:40 - Jul 25 with 283 viewsunion_jack

Gardening involves too much bending which with my back issues falls firmly into the pain category.

I used to ‘enjoy’ mowing the lawns in my last house, certainly seeing the results of your hard Labour but no grass where I am now. Layered gardens though which will attract weeds if not tended regularly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:47 - Jul 25 with 278 viewsonehunglow

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:40 - Jul 25 by union_jack

Gardening involves too much bending which with my back issues falls firmly into the pain category.

I used to ‘enjoy’ mowing the lawns in my last house, certainly seeing the results of your hard Labour but no grass where I am now. Layered gardens though which will attract weeds if not tended regularly.

I tried naked gardening last week,seriously .Not advised with a young dog around.

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:51 - Jul 25 with 275 viewsCatullus

I rarely look forward to doing it but do feel better afterwards. I learned to more apppreciate gardening during the lockdowns, it preserved what's left of my sanity!

In our last house we had a tiny, crappy garden but here we have 100ft of lawn out back with Roses, shrubs and a Pineapple plant that regularly "bites" me. We allowed a "wild" area to develop at the back end where we have put bee and insect houses, we recycled old stone, bricks and some household stuff to make a raised flowerbed in the middle.

Then I returned to work full time and it all went to pot! I have a week off now and another week off in August so the work resumes. The positive effect on my health, mental as well as physical has been easily noticeable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:53 - Jul 25 with 274 viewsonehunglow

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:51 - Jul 25 by Catullus

I rarely look forward to doing it but do feel better afterwards. I learned to more apppreciate gardening during the lockdowns, it preserved what's left of my sanity!

In our last house we had a tiny, crappy garden but here we have 100ft of lawn out back with Roses, shrubs and a Pineapple plant that regularly "bites" me. We allowed a "wild" area to develop at the back end where we have put bee and insect houses, we recycled old stone, bricks and some household stuff to make a raised flowerbed in the middle.

Then I returned to work full time and it all went to pot! I have a week off now and another week off in August so the work resumes. The positive effect on my health, mental as well as physical has been easily noticeable.

There is something deeply within us that enjoys planting and nurturing plants that grow.

And dont garden in sandals

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 273 viewsCatullus

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:53 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

There is something deeply within us that enjoys planting and nurturing plants that grow.

And dont garden in sandals

I don't own any sandals and never will

While I appreciate gardening now, my son is 13 so spending time with him is still more fun and more important.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 10:07 - Jul 25 with 268 viewsonehunglow

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 09:59 - Jul 25 by Catullus

I don't own any sandals and never will

While I appreciate gardening now, my son is 13 so spending time with him is still more fun and more important.

Get him to do the gardening mun
You have to get the right sandals .
And no socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 259 viewsCatullus

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 10:07 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Get him to do the gardening mun
You have to get the right sandals .
And no socks.

Get a 13 year old to garden not blooming likely, he's too much like me at 13, grass is for playing football on and for someone else to mow.

I will NEVER own sandals. I dont find them comfortable.

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 238 viewscontroversial_jack

Gardening can be satisfying, but only if you have the time to do so
Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 12:35 - Jul 25 with 231 viewsonehunglow

Gardening .Pain or pleasure on 10:20 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Get a 13 year old to garden not blooming likely, he's too much like me at 13, grass is for playing football on and for someone else to mow.

I will NEVER own sandals. I dont find them comfortable.

Jeez,you ll be telling me thongs are uncomfortable as well as flip flops.Essential holiday wear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024