Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 25361 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening

Swansea City go in search of three points against Blackburn Rovers tomorrow 5th Aug 2022 08:00
Swansea City head in to their first home game of the season in confident mood after a decent performance away at Rotherham last Saturday. With news thin on the ground regards Joe Allen we have learned he is closer than ever to making the squad this weekend. 0

Friday morning

Joe Allen still not ready for Blackburn opener tomorrow 5th Aug 2022 10:32
As we reported earlier today Joe Allen still isn’t ready to compete for a place in the Swansea City first eleven this weekend. Joe’s hamstring has caused him an issue since being left out of the Wales side to play the Netherlands back in June. Now it’s next week at the earliest for him. 0

Saturday !

Deadly duo ready to strike fear in to the very soul of the championship 6th Aug 2022 11:16
Swansea City take on Blackburn Rovers this afternoon with potentially the best strike force in the league in Joel Piroe and Michael Obafemi. And they come up against a team who finished eighth last season, and most certainly looked far more of a threat than the swans last time around. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

Russell Martin : We need to find solutions to our problems ! 7th Aug 2022 11:50
Russell Martin and his coaching staff took some stick from the opposition bench yesterday afternoon as he saw his side well and truely beaten at the swansea.com stadium. The game has been described as ‘The worst game under Russell Martin’ in many quarters. The swans were beaten easily 3-0. Comments regards their passing style and in game management were not lost on the swans boss. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 14:54 - Aug 1 with 6640 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin needs good performance and 3 points. Benda gave away a stupid penalty.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:55]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 15:39 - Aug 1 with 6590 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 14:54 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin needs good performance and 3 points. Benda gave away a stupid penalty.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 14:55]

But why ?

What about no targets ?

just signs of progression so you say now MArtin has assumed total control

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 18:03 - Aug 1 with 6500 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 15:39 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

But why ?

What about no targets ?

just signs of progression so you say now MArtin has assumed total control

How do you measure progression, I'd say league places personally, but what does the Swansea City owners consider to be progression.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:41 - Aug 1 with 6451 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 18:03 - Aug 1 by Treforys_Jack

How do you measure progression, I'd say league places personally, but what does the Swansea City owners consider to be progression.

Around 6m profit on Flynn Downes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:47 - Aug 1 with 6442 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:41 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

👏
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 6395 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:41 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

As funny as it is.....its spot on.

We finish 10-12th and sell a player next summer for 10M+ and that will be seen as a decent return by the board and I couldn't really argue with it given our circumstances.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:43 - Aug 1 with 6380 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:32 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

As funny as it is.....its spot on.

We finish 10-12th and sell a player next summer for 10M+ and that will be seen as a decent return by the board and I couldn't really argue with it given our circumstances.

except getting those players with potential to sign when we are mid table may not be easy especially if they are ambitious

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:49 - Aug 1 with 6373 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:43 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

except getting those players with potential to sign when we are mid table may not be easy especially if they are ambitious

One maybe two seasons at Swansea then a move ?
They would be daft to think of it in any other way.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 6332 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 20:43 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

They will look at players like Downes, Obefami, Piroe and will think differently I am sure.

If the same happens with Darling and Wood, I would disagree that players wouldn't be up for it...quite the opposite infact.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 6319 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:17 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

They will look at players like Downes, Obefami, Piroe and will think differently I am sure.

If the same happens with Darling and Wood, I would disagree that players wouldn't be up for it...quite the opposite infact.

And there’s Boro fans saying Wood is an atrocious footballer.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 22:13 - Aug 1 with 6289 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:17 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

I read somewhere that darling could have gone to Burnley.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 10:42 - Aug 2 with 6075 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:34 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

From the little I’ve seen of Downes I’m in the Middlesborough fans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : TUES update on 14:37 - Aug 2 with 5915 viewsSwans9

It would be nice to go on a 10 game unbeaten run so even a draw against Blackburn is better than losing. Hopefully this sat we actually test their keeper. All the Rotherham keeper done was smile at our fans and time waste drinking his energy drink and walking over to the linesman.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : TUES update on 14:53 - Aug 2 with 5893 viewsshandyjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : TUES update on 14:37 - Aug 2 by Swans9

It would be nice to go on a 10 game unbeaten run so even a draw against Blackburn is better than losing. Hopefully this sat we actually test their keeper. All the Rotherham keeper done was smile at our fans and time waste drinking his energy drink and walking over to the linesman.

We more than tested their keeper. We scored a goal with a long shot, we created a hat full of chances, just poor finishing cost us, their keeper pulled off a great save from Patterson also.
Creating chances wasn't our issue on saturday

Poll: Expectation for the season

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : TUES update on 15:09 - Aug 2 with 5881 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : TUES update on 14:53 - Aug 2 by shandyjack

We more than tested their keeper. We scored a goal with a long shot, we created a hat full of chances, just poor finishing cost us, their keeper pulled off a great save from Patterson also.
Creating chances wasn't our issue on saturday

Completely agree, it was right in front of me. We were very unlucky, another day we'd have won easily, but also on another day we'd have gone two down when Fisher made a brilliant save to his left
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:09 - Aug 2 with 5795 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:34 - Aug 1 by KeithHaynes

ATM I'd agree with them.

I know I'm going to get abuse, but the best I can't see is a draw against Blackburn.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:24 - Aug 2 with 5782 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:09 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

ATM I'd agree with them.

I know I'm going to get abuse, but the best I can't see is a draw against Blackburn.

You think wood is an atrocious footballer? You obviously never watched the game on Saturday then.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:40 - Aug 2 with 5764 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:24 - Aug 2 by Fireboy2

You think wood is an atrocious footballer? You obviously never watched the game on Saturday then.

One mans meat and al that.

But happy to be proven wrong as the season progresses though, so we'll wait see.

Hello

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 5761 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:40 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

One mans meat and al that.

But happy to be proven wrong as the season progresses though, so we'll wait see.

My eldest thought he played well so that's two don't think he's atrocious.

I think he will do fine.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:01 - Aug 2 with 5698 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:44 - Aug 2 by Fireboy2

I think he will do fine.

Maybe you and your boy have a better eye for a good player than I, hope the coming season proves you are.

Hello

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:43 - Aug 2 with 5659 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 10:42 - Aug 2 by Badlands

From the little I’ve seen of Downes I’m in the Middlesborough fans.

What on earth does that mean? You just enjoy trolling

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:44 - Aug 2 with 5572 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 19:43 - Aug 2 by raynor94

What on earth does that mean? You just enjoy trolling

I don’t know what he means either!!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:59 - Aug 2 with 5551 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 17:44 - Aug 2 by Fireboy2

I think he will do fine.

I was there Saturday, and thought Wood had a more than tidy debut, a lot more to come.

Atrocious would be the last word I would use

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 22:08 - Aug 2 with 5546 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 21:59 - Aug 2 by raynor94

I was there Saturday, and thought Wood had a more than tidy debut, a lot more to come.

Atrocious would be the last word I would use

Make that three then 👍
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 22:40 - Aug 2 with 5510 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread MONDAY update on 22:08 - Aug 2 by Fireboy2

Make that three then 👍

Make that any level headed fan who saw his debut

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024