Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Censorship 15:32 - Aug 5 with 2750 viewsCatullus

That's what the new guidleines are to me. We are no longer allowed to talk about certain subjects though we have already talked about at leat one of them at length!

I think it's a bad move in the long run.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Censorship on 15:44 - Aug 5 with 1233 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Yep when advertisers get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about it’s not a good thing. It’s a sign of the modern world I’m afraid. Toe the line or be cancelled.

I wish the site and everyone the very best and I will support the cause from afar.

Tata.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Censorship on 15:47 - Aug 5 with 1232 viewsSirjohnalot

I've just seen the post for the 1st time, but I completely back him

We all have to bare in mind the reason behind this website, the charitable aspect of it, and if those aims are being adversely affected, surely that has to come first ? It's not censorship it is just respecting the need to raise money for the charity and the potential adverse affect on it.

With that in mind isn't it better to be cautious than have damage caused ?
Censorship on 16:14 - Aug 5 with 1196 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interesting stuff, happy to support the charitable aims. Advertisers dictating what is and is not acceptable content obviously applies to many sites, you wonder what is not censored these days.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Censorship on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 1180 viewsItchySphincter

Understand Keith’s perspective on this completely. I think we have to contemplate the wider view that much of the unsavoury content is generated from within and not entirely by external forces. The forum has been through many resets over the years and even with a change of stewardship the same patrons are always in the middle of it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Censorship on 17:15 - Aug 5 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 15:44 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yep when advertisers get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about it’s not a good thing. It’s a sign of the modern world I’m afraid. Toe the line or be cancelled.

I wish the site and everyone the very best and I will support the cause from afar.

Tata.

Try it before you buy it 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Censorship on 17:20 - Aug 5 with 1115 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 16:14 - Aug 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Interesting stuff, happy to support the charitable aims. Advertisers dictating what is and is not acceptable content obviously applies to many sites, you wonder what is not censored these days.

Advertisers are not dictating what we do. They just don’t advertise on a website that they wouldn’t want associated with their business. And the charity don’t want to be associated with it either. I’ve made a call all we ask for is some support whilst we see how it goes.

I could be wrong.

Censorship on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 1071 viewsSirjohnalot

Censorship on 17:20 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Advertisers are not dictating what we do. They just don’t advertise on a website that they wouldn’t want associated with their business. And the charity don’t want to be associated with it either. I’ve made a call all we ask for is some support whilst we see how it goes.

I could be wrong.

You're not. You need to protect the charity
Censorship on 17:55 - Aug 5 with 1061 viewsbritferry

just post it on the Football board

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Censorship (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 1055 viewsJak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:17]
Censorship on 18:03 - Aug 5 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

It would be advisable to ban political discussion.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Censorship on 18:07 - Aug 5 with 1033 viewsbritferry

Censorship on 18:03 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

It would be advisable to ban political discussion.

You Tories always say that

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Censorship on 18:10 - Aug 5 with 1028 viewsonehunglow

Censorship on 18:07 - Aug 5 by britferry

You Tories always say that

LOL

I assume you're joshing

Ive said before never to assume anything on here.

How many Tories you know detest the Monarchy we have.

Well,how many?

Censorship on 18:20 - Aug 5 with 1015 viewscontroversial_jack

That's me done then. Censorship is not my thing.
Censorship on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 997 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 5 by Jak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:17]

Nice to see people returning already 👍

Censorship on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 997 viewsCatullus

Censorship on 17:50 - Aug 5 by Sirjohnalot

You're not. You need to protect the charity

Protect the charity but restrict freedom of speech? How much will be considered unsavoury enough to be removed?

Unless we say things that actually break any laws surely this is the type of thing that most people would rail against?

If it's not breaking any law then why can't we talk about it?

We cannot discuss vaccinations in the future but some people can spout some pretty vile stuff about Ukraine and the Russian invasion.

Shouldn't the charity just post a disclaimer unless or until somebody posts something that is actually illegal?

What is banned next, politics? The place will become sterile and pointless. When you start censoring peoples opinions (where those opinions don't break any laws) you are on a dangerous road.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Censorship on 18:30 - Aug 5 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 18:29 - Aug 5 by Catullus

Protect the charity but restrict freedom of speech? How much will be considered unsavoury enough to be removed?

Unless we say things that actually break any laws surely this is the type of thing that most people would rail against?

If it's not breaking any law then why can't we talk about it?

We cannot discuss vaccinations in the future but some people can spout some pretty vile stuff about Ukraine and the Russian invasion.

Shouldn't the charity just post a disclaimer unless or until somebody posts something that is actually illegal?

What is banned next, politics? The place will become sterile and pointless. When you start censoring peoples opinions (where those opinions don't break any laws) you are on a dangerous road.

‘We cannot discuss vaccinations in the future but some people can spout some pretty vile stuff about Ukraine and the Russian invasion. ‘

And would you want your business connected to that ?

Censorship on 18:44 - Aug 5 with 950 viewsraynor94

Censorship on 18:20 - Aug 5 by controversial_jack

That's me done then. Censorship is not my thing.

Every cloud, and all that.

Hallelujah!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Censorship on 18:53 - Aug 5 with 929 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sad to see we are no longer able to post on the two biggest issues affecting our health and future.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Censorship on 18:54 - Aug 5 with 926 viewsScotia

The anti vax stuff went on far too long. Stuff that would not have been allowed on other social media has been openly posted on here.

What other sites have had a Professor of immunology contributing to a thread only to be called incorrect and almost slandered by some pseudoscience from a retired factory worker? That went on for two years. Lives of people reading this site were at stake.

The pro Russian stuff was going the same way. It's a shame it's come to this but some of the contributions have been beyond stupid even if apparently just "controversial".

Some early bans could have prevented this.
Censorship on 18:58 - Aug 5 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 18:54 - Aug 5 by Scotia

The anti vax stuff went on far too long. Stuff that would not have been allowed on other social media has been openly posted on here.

What other sites have had a Professor of immunology contributing to a thread only to be called incorrect and almost slandered by some pseudoscience from a retired factory worker? That went on for two years. Lives of people reading this site were at stake.

The pro Russian stuff was going the same way. It's a shame it's come to this but some of the contributions have been beyond stupid even if apparently just "controversial".

I miss the professor and can see his points, but some of the stuff against this website since then need qualifying. We are doing our best mate, it’s not as if we don’t learn from our mistakes 👍

Censorship on 19:03 - Aug 5 with 888 viewsItchySphincter

Censorship on 18:53 - Aug 5 by felixstowe_jack

Sad to see we are no longer able to post on the two biggest issues affecting our health and future.

No one said you couldn’t post about a Brexit and the Tory government, read Keith’s thread dibdob.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Censorship on 19:06 - Aug 5 with 874 viewsonehunglow

Censorship on 19:03 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

No one said you couldn’t post about a Brexit and the Tory government, read Keith’s thread dibdob.

and apparently kit's ok to vilify those not Labour inclined.
That which is posted towards anyone who is seen to be a "tory" on here is often appalling,ometimes sickening.
Debate

Censorship on 19:08 - Aug 5 with 875 viewsCatullus

Censorship on 18:30 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

‘We cannot discuss vaccinations in the future but some people can spout some pretty vile stuff about Ukraine and the Russian invasion. ‘

And would you want your business connected to that ?

But the war in Ukraine thread was only locked today, we have seen vile opinions allowed to stand for months and they can still be read.

I have the two main Russian protagonists on ignore anyway, it's the only censorship I really agree with, personal choice.

I started a poll on that thread and it turned out most people didnt care one way or the other, or hadn't even noticed.

Isn't the whole point of an internet forum debate and discussion? When its raison d'etre is restricted it starts to become pointless. I guess that's my last word on it, otherwise we'll be going around in circles.

Censorship on 19:11 - Aug 5 with 868 viewsCatullus

Censorship on 18:54 - Aug 5 by Scotia

"Almost slandered" actually I think when he was openly accused of being a paid stooge it went further than "almost"

The Prof is sadly missed by myself and I'm sure, others.

Censorship on 19:12 - Aug 5 with 860 viewsKeithHaynes

Censorship on 19:11 - Aug 5 by Catullus

"Almost slandered" actually I think when he was openly accused of being a paid stooge it went further than "almost"

The Prof is sadly missed by myself and I'm sure, others.

He is always welcome back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024