Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22:48 - Aug 5 with 15071 viewsNotLoyal

The EFL ( League ) Cup really doesn’t matter now, but it does when you win it.
This is the official matchday thread, and one day it will be history.

Yes it’s the Franck Tabanou waste of space and time Oxford United away thread.

TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH 2022 : Kick Off 7.45pm

We are advised the game is accessible on iFollow.

Swansea City - The misery of the tape & Oxford build up 7th Aug 2022 19:30
The stats never lie apparently, but after yesterdays league game against Blackburn the swans do have a unique stat of their own. After two games they can certainly pass a football. 1

Jonjo Shelvey less than gracefully ends his Swansea City career 8th Aug 2022 09:00
It was six years ago, but Sunday January 10th 2016 signalled a cross roads for numerous players and staff at Swansea City. An odd date you may think ? Not if you are Jonjo Shelvey, Francesco Guidolin, Alan Curtis or even Franck Tabanou. The latter never played a league game for Swansea City but will be forever remembered for an FA Cup appearance for the swans. 1

Oxford United manager - Swansea can fly up the table 9th Aug 2022 13:58
Karl Robinson comes from the same football school as Russell Martin, he has a vision of a passing game that excites and is different to the normal fayre served up by many clubs. The Oxford boss isn’t fooled by recent Swansea results, and knows the style of play will come good. 0

Another disastrous night for Russell Martin and Swansea City 9th Aug 2022 22:37
Two circus type goals from Oxford United signalled more misery for Russell Martin at the Kassam Stadium in the EFL Cup tonight. The first a calamitous error by keeper Steven Benda, the second a ridiculous deflection from an Oxford United free kick. And all this after Swansea looked to be coasting to their first win of the season. 0

From next Saturday we will carry the main thread on the second post 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Aug 5 with 3964 viewsSTID2017

Looking forward to my second away trip of the season.
Be great to make some progress in this competition

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:35 - Aug 6 with 3949 viewsKeithHaynes

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Aug 5 by STID2017

Swans will never win it, especially if they meet Liverpool away or Chelsea in a semi final.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:38 - Aug 6 with 3944 viewsReslovenSwan1

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:35 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Swans will never win it, especially if they meet Liverpool away or Chelsea in a semi final.

I always believe the draw was rigged. It seems to work that way with the league cup.

Swansea v Chelsea Villa v Bradford.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 01:28 - Aug 6 with 3925 viewsKeithHaynes

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:38 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I always believe the draw was rigged. It seems to work that way with the league cup.

Swansea v Chelsea Villa v Bradford.

Look at the Celtic v Rangers finals.
Something like thirty semi finals where the two never met.

You couldn’t throw a dice and get that outcome.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:12 - Aug 6 with 3891 viewsSTID2017

According to some it's only a tin pot competition anyway, so if RM won it and finished in the top ten he would still be a failure

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:35 - Aug 7 with 3840 viewsSwans9

Any win will do before the confidence totally goes with the players. I go swans 2 1.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:03 - Aug 7 with 3798 viewsswan65split

Martin and possibly 5-6 players have this week, possibly next as well too sort things out, or its going too get quite nasty.

Last time I was at Oxford it was the City in the cup and a drink with Gwyther on his 21st, good result then, lets hope its the kick in the butt that's needed.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Aug 7 with 3612 viewsandrew

We need to use this game to create a plan b and also use the fringe players, can’t be worse surely.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 3576 viewsFlashberryjack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Aug 7 by andrew

We need to use this game to create a plan b and also use the fringe players, can’t be worse surely.

Problem is, Martins plan B is the same as plan A.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Aug 7 with 3528 viewsKeithHaynes

The game is on Oxford United iFollow, but Swans TV info is not available as far as we can see.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Aug 7 with 3513 viewsvetchonian

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

The game is on Oxford United iFollow, but Swans TV info is not available as far as we can see.

after watching yesterday's fiasco I'm not in a hurry.to shell out money....thos fron someone who barely missed a home game from 1977 until we moved to the liberty in lauding Welsh cup games

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 3478 viewsonehunglow

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

after watching yesterday's fiasco I'm not in a hurry.to shell out money....thos fron someone who barely missed a home game from 1977 until we moved to the liberty in lauding Welsh cup games

I pay a tenner a game.
OK,only a decent bottle of plonk but family ask just why pay for pain.

I could simply hammer my fingers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Aug 7 with 3437 viewsmajorraglan

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Aug 5 by STID2017

I can remember watching the FA Cup match back in 2016, it was a woeful performance. Think Tabanou played in one of his limited first team appearances.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Aug 7 with 3452 viewsKeithHaynes

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Aug 7 by onehunglow

I pay a tenner a game.
OK,only a decent bottle of plonk but family ask just why pay for pain.

I could simply hammer my fingers

First time I’ve heard it called that.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:21 - Aug 8 with 3238 viewsraynor94

Looks like Joey will be taking part.

Let's hope he can kick start us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Aug 8 with 3232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:12 - Aug 6 by STID2017

According to some it's only a tin pot competition anyway, so if RM won it and finished in the top ten he would still be a failure

No they wouldn't. Mainly because it would never ever happen.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Aug 8 with 3224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Aug 7 by andrew

He's had a whole year to do this. He hasn't so is either inflexible or incapable.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:35 - Aug 8 with 3218 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:21 - Aug 8 by raynor94

Looks like Joey will be taking part.

Let's hope he can kick start us

I hope so but let's hope it isn't a papering over the cracks.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:38 - Aug 8 with 3128 viewsKeithHaynes

Jonjo Shelvey less than gracefully ends his Swansea City career 8th Aug 2022 09:00
It was six years ago, but Sunday January 10th 2016 signalled a cross roads for numerous players and staff at Swansea City. An odd date you may think ? Not if you are Jonjo Shelvey, Francesco Guidolin, Alan Curtis or even Franck Tabanou. The latter never played a league game for Swansea City but will be forever remembered for an FA Cup appearance for the swans. 1

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Aug 8 with 3076 viewsReslovenSwan1

Guidolin was an excellent appointment by Huw jenkins. (another one). I feel he was pressurized to remove him. It was Guidolin who brought in Llorente I read somewhere. Had Jenkins trusted him more an give Llorente a 3 year deal instead of two things might have been a lot different.

Guidolin should have been more active in recruitment and blocked Baston and found a better Italian players he knew.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:46 - Aug 8 with 3067 viewsBadlands

😁😁

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:55 - Aug 8 with 3056 viewsBadlands

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Guidolin was an excellent appointment by Huw jenkins. (another one). I feel he was pressurized to remove him. It was Guidolin who brought in Llorente I read somewhere. Had Jenkins trusted him more an give Llorente a 3 year deal instead of two things might have been a lot different.

Guidolin should have been more active in recruitment and blocked Baston and found a better Italian players he knew.

The Guidolin fiasco had nothing to do with the US side. Pressure was already on Hugh Jenkins and he gambled on regaining favour by changing the manager.
Looking at Bradley's resumé at the time suggests he should have been a decent manager, not great but good enough, that he was a bit of an American hero was a bonus.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Aug 8 with 2894 viewsswan_si

I have a feeling we could see Matty on the bench for this one.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Aug 8 with 2890 viewsKeithHaynes

I hope Martin doesn’t change too much there’s not a lot there.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Aug 8 with 2715 viewsmajorraglan

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

To be honest I think Guidolin could get a better tune out of the current squad than Martin. He’s not managed a club since he left the Swans, think he’s been doing some coaching and pundit work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024