Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Brown 08:00 - Aug 8 with 2199 viewsCountyJim

Good on him for calling out the government but where the feck is Starmer

We got no one in charge at moment he should be knocking the feckin door down hammering home the message people need more help
Gordon Brown on 09:42 - Aug 8 with 1835 viewsYrAlarch

On holiday?
Gordon Brown on 17:54 - Aug 8 with 1775 viewsFlashberryjack

Probably advise the government to sell our gold reserves, just like he did when gold was at it's lowest price for 20 years.

Mr Brown and Mr Blair, are up there with the worst prime ministers we've ever had, they are in no position to lecture any government.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gordon Brown on 18:14 - Aug 8 with 1765 viewsshingle

Gordon Brown on 17:54 - Aug 8 by Flashberryjack

Probably advise the government to sell our gold reserves, just like he did when gold was at it's lowest price for 20 years.

Mr Brown and Mr Blair, are up there with the worst prime ministers we've ever had, they are in no position to lecture any government.

Can not remember Brown causing the deaths of up to 3 million Bengalis, i also cannot recall our power being put out and 3 day weeks under him, i also can not recall factories and mines being closed everywhere under him either, i also do not think he ever made deals with crazed dictators either come to think of it, are you sure he is up there with the worse Prime ministers we have had
Gordon Brown on 18:40 - Aug 8 with 1736 viewsFlashberryjack

Gordon Brown on 18:14 - Aug 8 by shingle

Can not remember Brown causing the deaths of up to 3 million Bengalis, i also cannot recall our power being put out and 3 day weeks under him, i also can not recall factories and mines being closed everywhere under him either, i also do not think he ever made deals with crazed dictators either come to think of it, are you sure he is up there with the worse Prime ministers we have had

Another with a selective memory.

Hello

Gordon Brown on 18:47 - Aug 8 with 1730 viewsfelixstowe_jack

He did of course kill the UK pension industry with his annual windfall tax of over £5 billion a year started in 1997 which has never been repealed by any Government. This of course led to the closing on nearly all final salary pension schemes causing hardship for millions of retired workers with small pensions.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gordon Brown on 19:11 - Aug 8 with 1705 viewsKeithHaynes

Texture like sun.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gordon Brown on 19:29 - Aug 8 with 1692 viewsraynor94

How about the Winter of discontent under Callaghan, the man we have to thank for allowing Thatcher into power.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gordon Brown on 19:40 - Aug 8 with 1684 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Gordon Brown on 19:11 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Texture like sun.

Never a frown, with Gordon Brown.......

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Brown on 23:45 - Aug 8 with 1623 viewsCatullus

Not bengalis no by Iraqi's and others in the middle East. Blair and Brown also ran up the record deficit leading to a record debt that is still rising as no Chancellor has ever managed to get the deficit back under proper control.

Brown ruined Royal mails pension scheme, amongst others and in the end cameron and Osborne had to rescue it at a cost of billions.

So yes, up there with the worst, which was what he said, not that they were the worst.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gordon Brown on 10:34 - Aug 9 with 1567 viewsItchySphincter

Gordon Brown on 18:47 - Aug 8 by felixstowe_jack

He did of course kill the UK pension industry with his annual windfall tax of over £5 billion a year started in 1997 which has never been repealed by any Government. This of course led to the closing on nearly all final salary pension schemes causing hardship for millions of retired workers with small pensions.

How do you think final salary pensions are funded. You really are a dream for the Tories aren't you...?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gordon Brown on 11:56 - Aug 9 with 1550 viewsCatullus

Gordon Brown on 10:34 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

How do you think final salary pensions are funded. You really are a dream for the Tories aren't you...?

How does that excuse brown from bankrupting pension schemes with his tax grab?

it was the tories that had to rescue Royal Mails pension as, after the grab, it ended up billions in the red.

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/news/government-to-take-over-royal-mail-pe

Without the tories, when I was medically retired, I would have ended up broke and probably bankrupt and lost everything. It's not always "Toies BAD" y'know. Them and Labour are both bad

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Gordon Brown on 12:58 - Aug 9 with 1535 viewsBryanSwan

Gordon Brown on 19:29 - Aug 8 by raynor94

How about the Winter of discontent under Callaghan, the man we have to thank for allowing Thatcher into power.

Its quite funny how the right wingers seem to love Thatcher who sold off vast amounts of public assets, but demonise Brown and Blair for the same thing.
It'd be handy to have all of those assets in public hands now, maybe we wouldnt so far up sht creek.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Gordon Brown on 13:06 - Aug 9 with 1532 viewsItchySphincter

Gordon Brown on 11:56 - Aug 9 by Catullus

How does that excuse brown from bankrupting pension schemes with his tax grab?

it was the tories that had to rescue Royal Mails pension as, after the grab, it ended up billions in the red.

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/news/government-to-take-over-royal-mail-pe

Without the tories, when I was medically retired, I would have ended up broke and probably bankrupt and lost everything. It's not always "Toies BAD" y'know. Them and Labour are both bad

Of course, but final salary pensions are indefensible. The likes of Felix is a Tory's dream because all they care about is themselves in the now. They're selfish attitude has caused pain for generations of young people yet to even be born.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gordon Brown on 14:15 - Aug 9 with 1507 viewsLohengrin

Gordon Brown on 13:06 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

Of course, but final salary pensions are indefensible. The likes of Felix is a Tory's dream because all they care about is themselves in the now. They're selfish attitude has caused pain for generations of young people yet to even be born.

In what way are they indefensible? The only way an individual would get a sizeable monthly stipend is by having devoted a lifetime’s service to whatever company (and they were invariably the larger companies like Ford.) in such circumstances I’d say that was no more than the workers’ due. It’s an easy thing to advocate for dignity in retirement after a lifetime’s toil.

Besides there are wider, obvious implications. The only real way to retain buoyancy in the economy is if folk have the wherewithal to consume goods and services. There’s no other way to keep the plates spinning.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gordon Brown on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 1450 viewsshingle

Gordon Brown on 18:40 - Aug 8 by Flashberryjack

Another with a selective memory.

Not saying the guy was perfect, not many of them are they mess up in many cases, but was he as bad as others of course was wasn`t, saying he is up there with prime ministers who caused the deaths of so many or the likes of Thatcher and Heath is not right surely.
Gordon Brown on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 1434 viewsFlashberryjack

Gordon Brown on 18:51 - Aug 9 by shingle

Not saying the guy was perfect, not many of them are they mess up in many cases, but was he as bad as others of course was wasn`t, saying he is up there with prime ministers who caused the deaths of so many or the likes of Thatcher and Heath is not right surely.

How high up the list of useless you'd place prime ministers is a matter of opinion, I happen to think he and Blair are up there with the worst, maybe not the worst, but certainly up there.

How many did Blair kill with his weapons of mass destruction, while Brown bankrupted the country, pretty damning eh ?

Hello

Gordon Brown on 19:40 - Aug 9 with 1422 viewsDr_Winston

In comparison to Johnson and May, Brown looks competent. At the time he was turfed out by Cameron most people, quite rightly, thought he was an absolute duffer.

By all accounts an unpleasant bully who lusted after the top job for years and found himself to be absolutely wanting against the requirements of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gordon Brown on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 1379 viewsCatullus

Gordon Brown on 18:51 - Aug 9 by shingle

And again, what about the illegal war in Iraq and all the deaths that have followed since? What about the support for Al Qaida and all the deaths they have caused as a result?

Blair also continued Thatchers work and carroed on privatising.

Gordon Brown on 07:38 - Aug 10 with 1302 viewsshingle

Gordon Brown on 20:11 - Aug 9 by Catullus

And again, what about the illegal war in Iraq and all the deaths that have followed since? What about the support for Al Qaida and all the deaths they have caused as a result?

Blair also continued Thatchers work and carroed on privatising.

Yep as I keeps saying was Brown as bad as other Prime ministers and your explanation of the exploits of Blair who is one of them of has just proved my point.
Gordon Brown on 14:25 - Aug 10 with 1255 viewsCatullus

Gordon Brown on 07:38 - Aug 10 by shingle

Yep as I keeps saying was Brown as bad as other Prime ministers and your explanation of the exploits of Blair who is one of them of has just proved my point.

Hold up, you started off saying Brown wasn't up there on the list of the worst!

Gordon Brown on 18:32 - Aug 10 with 1227 viewsshingle

Gordon Brown on 14:25 - Aug 10 by Catullus

Hold up, you started off saying Brown wasn't up there on the list of the worst!

I know and suddenly you and others are comparing him with the likes of Thatcher, Churchill Blair and Heath etc and all i am saying is surely he was not as bad as them lot, you do know our so called great war leader old Winston advocated the use of chemical weapons as well as letting millions of Indians starve to death he also blamed the rise of Russia on the Jews and he supported Eugenics this is the very same guy who supported and recommended the sterilising of the mentally handicapped and a few numptys on here are putting Brown in this type of category.
Gordon Brown on 07:31 - Aug 11 with 1187 viewsBryanSwan

Brown proving he is just as bad as the rest of them again, suggesting that energy companies that are struggling should be nationalised and then given back when they are stable.
So the public bear the losses and the private companies get the profits.
This country is a joke and so are all politicians.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Gordon Brown on 07:47 - Aug 11 with 1179 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Gordon Brown on 18:32 - Aug 10 by shingle

I know and suddenly you and others are comparing him with the likes of Thatcher, Churchill Blair and Heath etc and all i am saying is surely he was not as bad as them lot, you do know our so called great war leader old Winston advocated the use of chemical weapons as well as letting millions of Indians starve to death he also blamed the rise of Russia on the Jews and he supported Eugenics this is the very same guy who supported and recommended the sterilising of the mentally handicapped and a few numptys on here are putting Brown in this type of category.

Not sure he let millions of Indians starve to death. There was a world war going on. Japan was on India's border. They was a shortage of food worldwide let alone shipping to actually transport it anywhere. I suppose he could have decided not to feed the 1,000,000 Indian troops and let them starve and Japan invade India

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gordon Brown on 12:10 - Aug 11 with 1154 viewsBarrySwan

This Gordon Brown?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/pfi-banks-barclays-hsbc-rbs-tony-b

Or a different Gordon Brown?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 12:14]
Gordon Brown on 12:17 - Aug 11 with 1145 viewsKerouac

Gordon Brown on 12:10 - Aug 11 by BarrySwan

This Gordon Brown?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/pfi-banks-barclays-hsbc-rbs-tony-b

Or a different Gordon Brown?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 12:14]

It's amazing he has the balls to show his face let alone offer his idiot opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024