Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff 17:39 - Aug 11 with 2073 viewsbritferry

More great news for the Welsh taxpayer

Suspended from Sept 19th

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11102311/Wizz-Air-suspends-flights-Card

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 1339 viewsDr_Winston

Shut it down. It's of more use as housing land.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 18:02 - Aug 11 with 1314 viewsraynor94

I'm sure Drakeford will throw another few million at it.

In the meantime Bristol has record numbers using it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 18:21 - Aug 11 with 1291 viewsThrasher6

Joke airport....took off from there last year...ended up crop spraying in Cowbridge...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 18:35 - Aug 11 with 1277 views1983

Awful airport down a country lane and miles away from a motorway or railway station

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:01 - Aug 11 with 1263 viewsTogg

Sorry once again I will be flying from Bristol to Malaga in September. Would love to fly from Cardiff but really it's a total joke! Birmingham was my second choice
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:03 - Aug 11 with 1261 viewslifelong

It’s a shame, so convenient for those of us that want to use it.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:28 - Aug 11 with 1243 viewsTogg

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:03 - Aug 11 by lifelong

It is mate. Used to use Cardiff a lot when BMI Baby was alive. It's getting to the stage where I would rather see Welsh Government money diverted to the health system. At the end of the day Cardiff airport represents South Wales . Bristol is now full of Welsh accents and is their airport of choice. People on the whole in Mid Wales will use Birmingham. The North Liverpool and Manchester.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:46 - Aug 11 with 1228 viewsCatullus

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:03 - Aug 11 by lifelong

We have used it a few times, precisely because it is quiet, no queues, no problems BUt it is losing money and this decision means it will be even more of a drain on Senedd finances.

The Seneedd needs to make this airport stand on its own, if it can't they shouldn't plough tens of millions into it when the rest of Wales is suffering from under investment.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 20:56 - Aug 11 with 1192 viewsKilkennyjack

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 19:46 - Aug 11 by Catullus

We have used it a few times, precisely because it is quiet, no queues, no problems BUt it is losing money and this decision means it will be even more of a drain on Senedd finances.

The Seneedd needs to make this airport stand on its own, if it can't they shouldn't plough tens of millions into it when the rest of Wales is suffering from under investment.

Any idea why Bristol is booming ?

Beware of the Risen People

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 20:58 - Aug 11 with 1190 viewsTogg

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 20:56 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

Cheap flights
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:03 - Aug 11 with 1180 viewsraynor94

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 20:56 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

EasyJet

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:09 - Aug 11 with 1178 viewsTogg

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:03 - Aug 11 by raynor94

EasyJet

Yep that's who I've booked with. The Cardiff flights were better hours but ridiculous price. Bristol also have Ryanair. Cardiff never recovered from BMI Baby demise. Mid Wales people will go from the Midlands and Gogs to the North. Wales should never just be about the South or Cardiff.
Also if we have an early flight. Cheap hotel in Brizzle and a night on the waterfront. It's like Little Wales there with all the South Waleians.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 21:13]
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 1131 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:03 - Aug 11 by raynor94

EasyJet

Yep all it needs is a decent airline and routes and people will come.is it ever going to happen? Think People this side of the Severn or your way enjoy going over the bridge down the m5 through some country rds?
With Drakeford and the assembly in charge I have huge doubts. Bristol airport is in almost as bad a location to Bristol as cardiff is to cardiff. I know as I lived there for many years…..not getting easy jet or Ryan air ffs….absolute jokers
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:54 - Aug 11 with 1121 views73__73

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 18:02 - Aug 11 by raynor94

I'm sure Drakeford will throw another few million at it.

In the meantime Bristol has record numbers using it

I was at Bristol airport last week at 4 am for a flight at 6 am and the place was absolutely packed.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:55 - Aug 11 with 1121 viewspencoedjack

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:45 - Aug 11 by bennytheblue

Yep all it needs is a decent airline and routes and people will come.is it ever going to happen? Think People this side of the Severn or your way enjoy going over the bridge down the m5 through some country rds?
With Drakeford and the assembly in charge I have huge doubts. Bristol airport is in almost as bad a location to Bristol as cardiff is to cardiff. I know as I lived there for many years…..not getting easy jet or Ryan air ffs….absolute jokers

You obviously haven’t flown from there in a while then.

Decent links into the airport with the new road bypassing that crap part of Bristol. Can’t imagine many people from Bristol risking getting stuck in traffic @ Newport & the ridiculous 50 mph speed limits on the M4.

Modern Wales hey.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 22:43 - Aug 11 with 1081 viewsKilkennyjack

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:55 - Aug 11 by pencoedjack

Decent links into the airport with the new road bypassing that crap part of Bristol. Can’t imagine many people from Bristol risking getting stuck in traffic @ Newport & the ridiculous 50 mph speed limits on the M4.

Modern Wales hey.

Annibyniaeth will help 👍

Thank you for your continued support.

Beware of the Risen People

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 22:49 - Aug 11 with 1077 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 21:55 - Aug 11 by pencoedjack

Modern Wales hey.

No not since about 2013…..they always wanted a link rd but I didn’t think they would get it. Game changer as that last bit was a mare
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 11:09 - Aug 12 with 990 views1983

It's all about knowing your product and how to sell it They obviously invested heavily in Bristol airport and its paid off its also got a massive catchment area all of the South West across to Wales, towards the Midlands and across to Wiltshire...etc.

Wales has got a history of poorly selling its self and backing the same old horse.

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 11:27 - Aug 12 with 983 viewswhiterock

Cut the funding and call it Rhoose
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 12:00 - Aug 12 with 972 viewspencoedjack

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 11:27 - Aug 12 by whiterock

Cut the funding and call it Rhoose

There is no chance of that.

Oh what could of been .........

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-airport-could-compete-bris

I think Bristol airport will continue to prosper whilst Cardiff goes backwards under Welsh labour.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 13:19 - Aug 12 with 950 viewsBoundy

Is there anything in Wales which has prospered ? Anyone ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 13:27 - Aug 12 with 944 viewsBryanSwan

There are two huge factors in why the airport is failing, mismanagement from Welsh gov and UK gov decisions in order to keep Cardiff airport from taking business from Bristol.
It's a shame that an airport so close to millions is made obsolete.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 14:18 - Aug 12 with 919 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 11:09 - Aug 12 by 1983

It's all about knowing your product and how to sell it They obviously invested heavily in Bristol airport and its paid off its also got a massive catchment area all of the South West across to Wales, towards the Midlands and across to Wiltshire...etc.

Wales has got a history of poorly selling its self and backing the same old horse.

Plenty of monied people in Bristol, Devon, Dorset Gloucestershire, Cotswolds etc….South Wales is a poor area in comparison. The Welsh gov should just have let the airport die completely, maybe picked it up for nothing who knows? What is it is 3 miles to the m4 link rd at culver house? A direct link from there would make a huge difference but only with a proper airline present.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 14:20 - Aug 12 with 917 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 12:00 - Aug 12 by pencoedjack

There is no chance of that.

Oh what could of been .........

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-airport-could-compete-bris

I think Bristol airport will continue to prosper whilst Cardiff goes backwards under Welsh labour.

Aint that the truth I wouldn’t be surprised if Drakeford tried to charge any tourists landing in cardiff an extra fee…..not that any do, just Welsh people returning home from Spain.
Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 14:29 - Aug 12 with 914 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air suspends flights from Cardiff on 13:19 - Aug 12 by Boundy

Is there anything in Wales which has prospered ? Anyone ?

Your football team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024