Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby 14:20 - Sep 4 with 1865 viewsKeithHaynes

Great game so far
Surely Swansea are the only side outside the top flight who have left a legacy as there is currently ?
Cooper and Lago too.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 14:27 - Sep 4 with 1821 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our 'legacy' is the League Cup win (which is hugely tainted by the actions of a ball boy during the semi final).

The only other event we'll be remembered for is being the lucky side honoured to have competed against Manchester United in Sir Alex's final home game.

Still, it's more than most small teams manage to achieve during their temporary stays in England's top division.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 14:34 - Sep 4 with 1816 viewsraynor94

2-2 cracking game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 14:40 - Sep 4 with 1806 viewsraynor94

Danny Ward is a real liability

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:24 - Sep 4 with 1749 viewsKeithHaynes

Winning at anfield in that cup run for me.
But nobody takes away those seasons on the premier league, And no Welsh club will ever match it.

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:24 - Sep 4 with 1749 views1462jack

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 14:27 - Sep 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our 'legacy' is the League Cup win (which is hugely tainted by the actions of a ball boy during the semi final).

The only other event we'll be remembered for is being the lucky side honoured to have competed against Manchester United in Sir Alex's final home game.

Still, it's more than most small teams manage to achieve during their temporary stays in England's top division.

Very odd post
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:32 - Sep 4 with 1736 viewsraynor94

Trolling at it's finest, fair play 👍

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:39 - Sep 4 with 1726 views1462jack

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:24 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

But nobody takes away those seasons on the premier league, And no Welsh club will ever match it.

Was there at the Crawley town game could never have imagined that evening we were going to win it , Crawley run us close that night ,was also at the Chelsea away game 2-0 swans still didn’t Imagine it then , we won it no one can take that away and beat some big hitters in the way , and tbh no one I have ever spoken to about it has mentioned the ball boy incident
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 1713 viewsSTID2017

You are a strange fellow.
Wales first representative in the EPL.
Only Welsh Club to win the League Cup in any form.
Record for longest consecutive stay in the EPL by a Welsh club.
At a guess I would also say highest finish by a Welsh club in the EPL ( possibly the old Division One as well? )
The only thing that tainted any of our achievements over that period is attracting plastics like you.
Most of them gone now thank goodness.
You are in a very small minority now
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 15:48]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:48 - Sep 4 with 1709 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Yeah we beat them two nil at stamford bridge and it was a comfortable 0-0 with about five minutes to go in the second leg. The tie was in the bag before Eden Hazard deservedly got sent off for violently assaulting a child.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:59 - Sep 4 with 1682 viewsSTID2017

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:48 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yeah we beat them two nil at stamford bridge and it was a comfortable 0-0 with about five minutes to go in the second leg. The tie was in the bag before Eden Hazard deservedly got sent off for violently assaulting a child.

Not sure why any Swans fan would want to belittle that achievement.
Then again Swans fans and Dwight probably shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

Was a booking at worst. Barely touched the lad.
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 16:25 - Sep 4 with 1627 viewsjacksfullaces

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:24 - Sep 4 by 1462jack

Very odd post

I'd frame that one to contextualise any further utterances from this clown.

There are others who offer more craft in that strangely niche hobby of message board time wasting.
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 17:07 - Sep 4 with 1563 viewsonehunglow

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:24 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

64? Keith
I enjoyed the Anfield victories.
When we beat them in ,think it was league cup, I wne tto the game with my Red supporting son and his father in law-a Red season ticketer. We had a few jars before and after the game with Reds fans-I was the only Swans fan there and we (out team) had nothing but praise ,respect and honour. People down there have to understand thing and we really were seen as proper as we went to Anfield and give it a go,unlike many teams.

Ive also been an early morning kick off there when we played and went into a pub requesting coffee and a brioche (just a bit of fun). After the bar maid nutted me,she sorted me a mug of what tasted like Camp coffee with full milk. No brioche in Sheil Road then.

Too right I miss it-badly.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 17:29 - Sep 4 with 1538 viewsblackswan

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:32 - Sep 4 by raynor94

Trolling at it's finest, fair play 👍

Just filter him he's the only one I have on ignore not worth reading his drivel
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 17:47 - Sep 4 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:46 - Sep 4 by STID2017

At a guess I would also say highest finish by a Welsh club in the EPL ( possibly the old Division One as well? )
The only thing that tainted any of our achievements over that period is attracting plastics like you.

Ive agreed with dwight on several occasions but here is a thread where we are miles apart.
I thought we

deserved to be in the Prem
and
was grateful Mr Ferguson deigned his team play against us at Old Trafford. I hope we cleared up the dressing rooms afterward and swept the stands .I felt quite ashamed to have beaten them there at our first time and showed them and the wondrous ,sporting M6 season ticket holders no respect at all. We were shameful really .No respect .I mean ,Law Best Charlton and all...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 18:00 - Sep 4 with 1464 views1462jack

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 17:47 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

Ive agreed with dwight on several occasions but here is a thread where we are miles apart.
I thought we

deserved to be in the Prem
and
was grateful Mr Ferguson deigned his team play against us at Old Trafford. I hope we cleared up the dressing rooms afterward and swept the stands .I felt quite ashamed to have beaten them there at our first time and showed them and the wondrous ,sporting M6 season ticket holders no respect at all. We were shameful really .No respect .I mean ,Law Best Charlton and all...

🤣👌🏽
Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 22:18 - Sep 4 with 1286 viewsKerouac

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:46 - Sep 4 by STID2017

Tosh's team finished higher.

Does your ignorance of that fact make you a 'Plastic'?
Answers on a postcard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 22:24 - Sep 4 with 1276 viewsKeithHaynes

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:39 - Sep 4 by 1462jack

Was there at the Crawley town game could never have imagined that evening we were going to win it , Crawley run us close that night ,was also at the Chelsea away game 2-0 swans still didn’t Imagine it then , we won it no one can take that away and beat some big hitters in the way , and tbh no one I have ever spoken to about it has mentioned the ball boy incident

We won though.

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 09:38 - Sep 5 with 1187 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly tainted by a small boy just a Chelsea player who decided to kick him.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 09:40 - Sep 5 with 1182 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 16:23 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

Was a booking at worst. Barely touched the lad.

Under what football law was it a booking? Assaulting someone who off the field of play and is not involved in playing is violent conduct.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 13:24 - Sep 5 with 1128 viewsBadlands

Tainted!
WTF are you on about?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 13:37 - Sep 5 with 1119 viewsmagicdaps10

😂🙈

You have had a mare with that one Dwight......an absolute mare!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 13:37 - Sep 5 with 1119 viewsReslovenSwan1

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 15:48 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I do not agree. Millwall and Oxford should have taught you that.

I regard the intervention of Charlie Morgan as a significant contribution to Swansea's first major trophy. Swansea were seriously under the cosh. Ballboy gate was hilarious and f glorious and part of Swansea folklore. It will be discussed in 2113.

The Morgan family contribution to the city has been enormous, Mr Morgan's has kindly stepped in the sponsor the stadium and the kit.. People can argue it is a low price but it is the market value. I am sure he will step aside if a bigger offer comes in that is not related to gambling.

The scenario that the Trust were somehow cheated out of selling their share has found to be fake as the foolish court case posturings crumbled when push came to shove. The Trust stated they did not want to sell in 2015, stated they were reluctant in 2016 and met with fierce internal opposition when close to selling in 2017.

They have now settled for a passive role of minor observer. The passive members sitting on a £20m cash pile choked when they had the chance to become serious players.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 13:40]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 19:14 - Sep 5 with 1007 viewsSTID2017

Potter v Rodger’s ex Swansea derby on 22:18 - Sep 4 by Kerouac

Tosh's team finished higher.

Does your ignorance of that fact make you a 'Plastic'?
Answers on a postcard...

Dont be silly.
Dwight is the clown on this thread.
Any fan of a certain age had the pleasure of witnessing us finishing 6th after topping the table three times.
I also had the dubious pleasure of witnessing us finish in the bottom four and Malcolm Struel personally pleading with the other clubs to save us from being dumped out of the league.
Dwight posts that crock of shite and you have a go at me ?
You are another strange fellow, although at least you do support Swansea, not a club 200 miles away

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024