Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 09:05 - Oct 16 with 15055 viewsKeithHaynes

The not Not Loyal match day thread fresh from the beating at Burnley to the battlefields of the Preseli mountains ish.

RamsWeek 7 - Yours Is No Disgrace 16th Feb 2009 01:17
Derby County had a whole week to prepare for their glamour tie in the 5th Round of the FA Cup at home to Manchester United. 0

Joel Piroe out until November as Swansea City don’t appeal his red card 18th Oct 2022 09:00
Twenty three year old Joel Piroe has been banned for three games after his sending off for stamping at Burnley on Saturday. His dismissal in the seventy fourth minute means he misses tonight’s game against Reading, and next Sundays derby clash against Cardiff City. He will also miss the following game at Bristol City. 0

Referee : JAMES BELL
Lino’s : Adam Crysell and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official : Andy Davies

The NL review. James Bell, also known as ding dong to his few friends has been a referee since he was four years of age. His first red card he gave to his next door neighbour at the age of five, his family moved home at that point but didn’t tell him. He was raised in the orphanage for potentially parentless young referees but quickly made his escape to the North Lancashire leagues where his first appointment was with make up manufacturer Avon. He would be lifted up and ring the potential clients doorbell. In school he earned the nickname ‘End’ After qualifying at 14, James Bell primarily officiated games at his secondary school and in the Sheffield & District Junior League. Initially balancing his refereeing and playing commitments, he chose the former and steadily progressed through the system, earning promotion onto the National List of assistant referees at the age of 23.

Bell assisted on both the 2016 FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester City v Chelsea and the 2017 League Two Play-Off Final between Blackpool v Exeter City at Wembley Stadium before choosing the refereeing pathway. He took charge of the National League Play-Off Final between Harrogate Town v Notts County in 2020 before receiving promotion onto the National Group. Bell has since taken charge of semi-finals of each of the EFL Trophy, FA Trophy, FA Sunday Cup, FA Youth Cup and FA County Youth Cup.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Luke Cundle, Ollie Cooper; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton, Josh Thomas.

Reading: Joe Lumley, Tom Holmes, Tom McIntyre, Jeff Hendrick, Tom Ince, Yakou Meite, Andy Yiadom (captain), Tyrese Fornah, Mamadou Loum, Junior Hoilett, Amadou Mbengue.

Substitutes: Dean Bouzanis, Andy Carroll, Shane Long, Lucas Joao, Baba Rehman, Ovie Ejaria, Nesta Guinness-Walker.

A fantastic Swansea City come back proves the doubters wrong ‘yet again’ 19th Oct 2022 08:00
Swansea City came back from two goals down to hammer home their promotion credentials in a devastating display of finishing at the swansea.com stadium last night. It was as much a surprise to see Reading take a two goal lead as it was for the swans to not be at least two goals up when the first away goal hit the back of Steven Benda’s net. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:37 - Oct 18 with 1240 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:33 - Oct 18 by angryjack

Lol

But you're judgement has proved flawed on numerous occasions, so nothing to see here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:39 - Oct 18 with 1222 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:28 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

I think people may be slightly overstating how well we did tonight. In the first half we huffed and puffed and didn't create much at all. Midfield was a yawning chasm, Grimes did more to slow down our attacks than half of their players, and the lack of pace in the team overall was a huge handicap.

Second half was much better. Oko-Flex showed what we were missing out wide and we actually started looking for the forward pass. Still too hesitant in there at times, and the way we immediately started sitting back after going in front will be punished by better teams than Reading.

We got the win, but could easily have lost against a very mediocre team. We'll have to do a lot better than that if we have designs on promotion.

Sorry, I didn't see that game, I saw a game where they came to frustrate us with time wasting and 11 men defending happy to settle for a draw, they scored from poor defending, if the ref had awarded us the penalties that was so obvious, it would have changed their game plan totally, we were much the better team and thoroughly deserved the win.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:43 - Oct 18 with 1211 viewsdantheswansman

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:39 - Oct 18 by swan_si

Sorry, I didn't see that game, I saw a game where they came to frustrate us with time wasting and 11 men defending happy to settle for a draw, they scored from poor defending, if the ref had awarded us the penalties that was so obvious, it would have changed their game plan totally, we were much the better team and thoroughly deserved the win.

I am so glad someone else saw the same game as me, reading comments on here i wasn't sure
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:48 - Oct 18 with 1172 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:10 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

To comc back from 2-0 down after getting stuffed on Saturday shows the self belief that Martin has instilled into this side. They could easily have collapsed tonight. Brilliant man management with the subs too, explaining decisions when they came off.

This man will take us up.

Hopefully!

Still some work to do, and too think with those points weve thrown away, we could be way out in front.

Still, onwards and upwards.......hopefully.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:48 - Oct 18 with 1153 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:33 - Oct 18 by andrew

Bump

Thank you sir.

I was going to bump that myself but thought I may get a load of abuse for calling it right. Then naturally be blamed for the conflict
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 22:53]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:50 - Oct 18 with 1158 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:43 - Oct 18 by dantheswansman

I am so glad someone else saw the same game as me, reading comments on here i wasn't sure

Always judge what you see with your own eyes.

The trouble comes when eyes see what the pride doesn't want to accept........the brain then goes into overtime.

We made 2 mistakes and got punished, we were denied 2 penalties that were clear pens and scored 3 good goals and are only 3 points off top spot thrown in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:59 - Oct 18 with 1098 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:09 - Oct 18 by vetchonian

spin what
there you go stirring it up....using the word haters.

And the word facts instead of opinion

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:12 - Oct 18 with 1036 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:33 - Oct 18 by angryjack

Lol

Lol
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:15 - Oct 18 with 1030 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:36 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

Grimes had a good game against Sunderland. He was a million miles away from that tonight.

Played more square balls than a lego football team.

He was excellent against Sunderland, he had a good game this evening, in my opinion,I think he’s a very skilful player.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:24 - Oct 18 with 1010 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:39 - Oct 18 by swan_si

Agree with this.

They started with 5 across the back and invited us to try to break them down. We’re obviously going to have a lot of possession when opponents are that negative.

They scored with their two first half chances due to a combination of naive defending and inept refereeing.

I’d imagine the possession percentage didn’t drop too much until we equalised. We were camped in their half. From 2-2 they showed a lot more intent and had a lot more territory and possession.

Much the better team? Probably, because Reading were content to let us have the ball and territory for two thirds of the game. I didn’t actually think we played that well tonight, or that our second half performance was dramatically different to the first (didn’t think Oko-Flex had that much impact). When Reading changed their approach, they gave us less territory and possession, but left more gaps for us to attack.

Either way, we could have crumbled going two down in the first half. Kudos for chipping away and getting the result.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:34 - Oct 18 with 978 viewsBadlands

Not a fan of Grimes but he was My MoM tonight.
Great comeback after gifting two goals.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:37 - Oct 18 with 973 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:15 - Oct 18 by lifelong

He was excellent against Sunderland, he had a good game this evening, in my opinion,I think he’s a very skilful player.

Yes his passing is safe but rarely gets caught on the ball , , a sign of a good player is he knows where it's going before receiving it and he does that well

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:53 - Oct 18 with 927 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:24 - Oct 18 by jack247

Agree with this.

They started with 5 across the back and invited us to try to break them down. We’re obviously going to have a lot of possession when opponents are that negative.

They scored with their two first half chances due to a combination of naive defending and inept refereeing.

I’d imagine the possession percentage didn’t drop too much until we equalised. We were camped in their half. From 2-2 they showed a lot more intent and had a lot more territory and possession.

Much the better team? Probably, because Reading were content to let us have the ball and territory for two thirds of the game. I didn’t actually think we played that well tonight, or that our second half performance was dramatically different to the first (didn’t think Oko-Flex had that much impact). When Reading changed their approach, they gave us less territory and possession, but left more gaps for us to attack.

Either way, we could have crumbled going two down in the first half. Kudos for chipping away and getting the result.

Darlings was fouled for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:54 - Oct 18 with 924 viewsRichardO

Should he have awarded them a penalty towards the end of the game? I'm happy the Ref was so poor.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 00:07 - Oct 19 with 898 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:54 - Oct 18 by RichardO

Should he have awarded them a penalty towards the end of the game? I'm happy the Ref was so poor.

From Bendas punch clearing the ball , if so I thought not

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 00:19 - Oct 19 with 890 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:53 - Oct 18 by KeithHaynes

Definitely
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 00:25 - Oct 19 with 874 viewsRichardO

Two cases of bad defensive play for their goals.
Won a couple of corners in the first half after not really getting players in or attacking their penalty area enough.
One of our corner set pieces paid off.
Second half got a bit more pace on the wings which meant the attacking midfielders could get in the box instead of holding outside to make an option to pass.
Great sniffer goal by Cooper and it looks like we will be shouting SHOOT every time Fulton gets the ball in an oppositions half.
What happened then seemed like absolute chaos substitutions, numerous positional changes, Oko Flex the sub being subbed.
A deserved win because Reading weren't allowed to offer much( only what we gave them).
Another 3 points won yea!
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 0:32]
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 00:29 - Oct 19 with 871 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 00:07 - Oct 19 by Boundy

From Bendas punch clearing the ball , if so I thought not

If Benda did get a punch then I would agree it wouldn't be a penalty , as it was nothing was awarded so it wasn't a penalty. happy days.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 05:49 - Oct 19 with 769 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:53 - Oct 18 by KeithHaynes

No doubt. And the ref took too long waving Fulton back on for the first, which didn’t directly cause the goal, but players were scrambling around trying to cover each others positions while Reading attacked. We’d have been better set defensively if he’d been allowed back on quickly.

Both still avoidable though. Darling could have easily cleared his before getting into the exchange in which he was fouled.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 06:15 - Oct 19 with 742 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 23:12 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

Lol

Lol
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:17 - Oct 19 with 647 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

He probably was fouled but under that pressure he should have dealt with it better, either back to keeper or get rid

Allowed himself to get into a position which ultimately cost us a goal

Fouled ? yes probably
Avoidable? Definitely

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:19 - Oct 19 with 646 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:17 - Oct 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

He probably was fouled but under that pressure he should have dealt with it better, either back to keeper or get rid

Fouled ? yes probably
Avoidable? Definitely

Needed to be stronger.
Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:51 - Oct 19 with 598 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:17 - Oct 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

Fouled ? yes probably
Avoidable? Definitely

I was just thinkin " Kick it into the East Stand".
Fouled or not he put himself under unnecessary pressure

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:55 - Oct 19 with 593 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 22:14 - Oct 18 by vetchonian

we won great comeback but we gifted them 2 goals
Hopefully Martin has learnt from tonight that reverting to the process is not good.
the changes he made half time changed things
if he continues to pick Cooperand and carries on with the second half tactics he could well become a half decent manager

Steady.
Almost like you praised RM then ...
Excellent win tonight.
Great turnaround and all credit to RM and the players

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Reading : Match day Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 07:58 - Oct 19 with 585 viewsWhiterockin

Agreed, as I said we were 2-0 down due to bad refereeing decisions including penalties.

What some fail to appreciate is the match lasts 90 minutes plus. A manager sets his team up to start a match and has a game plan. This changes depending on how the opposition respond, score, you can also add in injuries and players on or off form. Statistics like possession can change depending on the way the opposition play and the score. A good manager and Martin is becoming this are proactive during a game and changes tact, often several times during a match. This was not the case against a very good Burnley side, probably the best in the division and criticism was due. Last night the game management by RM was first class and praise should be given. 6 wins out of 8 does not happen by chance, but by a team who are playing for the manager and understand fully what he expects. The talk in the past of the players having no faith in Martin and wanting him out were clearly shown last night as complete rubbish.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024