Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? 09:50 - Jan 29 with 3030 viewsSwansIndependent

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? 29th Jan 2023 09:47
Exeter City right back Josh Key is a wanted man. He is out of contract this summer and a whole host of clubs are after his signature including Swansea City. It is believed that Sunderland, Luton and the Swans are now in a race for the twenty three year old. 0

New bid to come ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:14 - Jan 29 with 1816 viewsraynor94

Looks like he missed his first game of the season yesterday, coincidence?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 1794 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:14 - Jan 29 by raynor94

Definitely going somewhere rayns.

If other championship clubs are after him he must have something about him.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 1793 viewsKeithHaynes

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:14 - Jan 29 by raynor94

Def going somewhere

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:23 - Jan 29 with 1750 viewspete

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:16 - Jan 29 by KeithHaynes

Def going somewhere

why have we waited till now a last min scramble on the cards
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:43 - Jan 29 with 1680 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:23 - Jan 29 by pete

why have we waited till now a last min scramble on the cards

I suspect we and other clubs have had our eyes on him for a while, the problem with us is we try and get players on the cheap with stupid bids then get gazumped at the last minute.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:52 - Jan 29 with 1619 viewsWhiterockin

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:43 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

I suspect we and other clubs have had our eyes on him for a while, the problem with us is we try and get players on the cheap with stupid bids then get gazumped at the last minute.

Or we were trying to get him on a pre contract for next season when Latibeaudiere leaves. Interest from other clubs has forced our arm and we have to try and buy now. Just a thought.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 1603 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:52 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Or we were trying to get him on a pre contract for next season when Latibeaudiere leaves. Interest from other clubs has forced our arm and we have to try and buy now. Just a thought.

Definitely
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:59 - Jan 29 with 1595 viewsBadlands

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:43 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

Better than spending money we don’t have for a potential flop or simply not picked.
Ogbeta had very similar ratings and a year or two younger.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 1585 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 10:59 - Jan 29 by Badlands

Better than spending money we don’t have for a potential flop or simply not picked.
Ogbeta had very similar ratings and a year or two younger.

I also suspect that this guy is someone that martin actually wants unlike ogbeta so perhaps it will be worth spending.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:07 - Jan 29 with 1554 viewsSTID2017

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:00 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

I also suspect that this guy is someone that martin actually wants unlike ogbeta so perhaps it will be worth spending.

Agree sounds like it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:33 - Jan 29 with 1465 viewspencoedjack

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:00 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

With the exception of Downes Martin signings haven’t exactly been brilliant.

Darling has been ok.

Personally (& I know it’s unlikely to happen) I’d rather keep the money & allow a decent manager to spend it in the summer.

We are going to be mid table this season.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:38 - Jan 29 with 1428 viewsdobjack2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:33 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Darling has been ok.

Personally (& I know it’s unlikely to happen) I’d rather keep the money & allow a decent manager to spend it in the summer.

I don't think Martin is head of recruitment or signs off on deals.

Some signings were players he wanted others were clearly not.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:40 - Jan 29 with 1419 viewspencoedjack

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:38 - Jan 29 by dobjack2

I don't think Martin is head of recruitment or signs off on deals.

Some signings were players he wanted others were clearly not.

Fisher Sorinola & Wood I’d imagine he had quite a lot of say in.

I believe we deserve better but I understand some are happy with him.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:42 - Jan 29 with 1413 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:33 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Darling has been ok.

Sorry to burst your bubble penc but Martin is going nowhere.

Whilst we are run by tightwads we won't be challenging for a PL, they won't shell out they wont take a chance on going all out for promotion, they love Martin because he doesn't moan about not getting the players he wants, he has always had a remit to develop younger players to be sold on, Martin won't get sacked as we won't go down this season plus he won't leave for another club as he isnt doing well enough, just get used to it fella.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 1356 viewsdobjack2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:40 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Don't disagree with those three.

The issue is much bigger than Martin who is still learning his trade and makes mistakes. Whether you think we deserve better or not, any replacement would also be on a tight budget and expected to develop players to sell.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:20 - Jan 29 with 1279 viewsDr_Winston

Unless clubs have cash to burn and/or are desperate most teams leave things late in every transfer window.

These days transfer windows tend to be like a Rube Goldberg machine. One or two completed deals set off a chain reaction of deals further down the line ending in a mad panic on deadline day.

I really don't get why people seem to think that it's just us that do things late.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:21 - Jan 29 with 1260 viewsDr_Winston

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:42 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

Whilst we are run by tightwads we won't be challenging for a PL, they won't shell out they wont take a chance on going all out for promotion, they love Martin because he doesn't moan about not getting the players he wants, he has always had a remit to develop younger players to be sold on, Martin won't get sacked as we won't go down this season plus he won't leave for another club as he isnt doing well enough, just get used to it fella.

"they won't shell out they wont take a chance on going all out for promotion"

Good.

Swansea City fans should be more aware than most of the risks of spending more than we have chasing success, unless some want to try for a third administration.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:32 - Jan 29 with 1202 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:21 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

"they won't shell out they wont take a chance on going all out for promotion"

Good.

Swansea City fans should be more aware than most of the risks of spending more than we have chasing success, unless some want to try for a third administration.

Part of me is glad that these lot are in charge as we won't go into administration but we will never challenge for the PL either, some people need to realise this doc.

Potter and cooper had parachute payments to play with and we never got promoted under them, Martin has little money to play with yet some think we should still be challenging for the PL, yes we are only 3 pts from 6th along with alot of other teams around us, what we lack no matter what formation we play is pace all over the pitch, without that we have little chance of getting into and staying in the play offs, if we get a couple in before Tues with pace and they are players that martin wants and will play then surely that's a positive.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 1156 viewsDr_Winston

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:32 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

Part of me is glad that these lot are in charge as we won't go into administration but we will never challenge for the PL either, some people need to realise this doc.

Potter and cooper had parachute payments to play with and we never got promoted under them, Martin has little money to play with yet some think we should still be challenging for the PL, yes we are only 3 pts from 6th along with alot of other teams around us, what we lack no matter what formation we play is pace all over the pitch, without that we have little chance of getting into and staying in the play offs, if we get a couple in before Tues with pace and they are players that martin wants and will play then surely that's a positive.

There's absolutely no reason why we can't challenge for the PL on a sensible budget. We've got a decent chance of it this year, or would have given good enough management. It's not all about money. It wasn't the last time we got promoted and nothing has changed in the meantime.

Yes, the relegated clubs have a financial advantage, but if it was all about money spent then Arsenal wouldn't be five points clear at the top of the Prem. Money helps, but it's not the only thing that matters. A well organised, well drilled, well motivated team can contend.

Cooper came close but bottled it when it mattered the most. He had parachute payments but much of that went on Ayew.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:49 - Jan 29 with 1144 viewsdobjack2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:40 - Jan 29 by pencoedjack

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1140 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:44 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

There's absolutely no reason why we can't challenge for the PL on a sensible budget. We've got a decent chance of it this year, or would have given good enough management. It's not all about money. It wasn't the last time we got promoted and nothing has changed in the meantime.

Yes, the relegated clubs have a financial advantage, but if it was all about money spent then Arsenal wouldn't be five points clear at the top of the Prem. Money helps, but it's not the only thing that matters. A well organised, well drilled, well motivated team can contend.

Cooper came close but bottled it when it mattered the most. He had parachute payments but much of that went on Ayew.

Yes we do have a decent chance this season but we won't because we don't have the outlet that is pace, no manager would get a tune out of team with no pace no matter what formation.

I'm not saying that we should be spending just for the sake of it but now and again they should just take a chance, i dont think they don't know anything about football, they tell winter what they want and he adheres to it, if they did know anything about football then manning would have signed a contract by now but it shows they know nothing because they are prepared to let him go for nothing for the sake of a couple of grand
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 13:06 - Jan 29 with 1081 viewsKeithHaynes

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:44 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Correct.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 13:18 - Jan 29 with 1044 viewsDr_Winston

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 12:50 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

Yes we do have a decent chance this season but we won't because we don't have the outlet that is pace, no manager would get a tune out of team with no pace no matter what formation.

I'm not saying that we should be spending just for the sake of it but now and again they should just take a chance, i dont think they don't know anything about football, they tell winter what they want and he adheres to it, if they did know anything about football then manning would have signed a contract by now but it shows they know nothing because they are prepared to let him go for nothing for the sake of a couple of grand

We've had pace but Russy refused to use it.

It's not just a couple of grand per week though is it? (although that soon adds up). If Manning gets what he wants then soon there will be a queue of players at Winters' door all asking for payrises, although if I'm being honest the mistake was made giving Grimes a big raise when the club held all the cards.

If one first team regular is deemed worth £1m a year then someone who is many people's choice for POTY so far will also want that. The owners might not know much about football, but they know how to run businesses that don't go bust.

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 13:26 - Jan 29 with 1030 viewsFireboy2

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 13:18 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

We've had pace but Russy refused to use it.

It's not just a couple of grand per week though is it? (although that soon adds up). If Manning gets what he wants then soon there will be a queue of players at Winters' door all asking for payrises, although if I'm being honest the mistake was made giving Grimes a big raise when the club held all the cards.

If one first team regular is deemed worth £1m a year then someone who is many people's choice for POTY so far will also want that. The owners might not know much about football, but they know how to run businesses that don't go bust.

Ogbeta? A player he didn't want.

Manning is worth it imo, he leaves and we have no recognised lb.

You are right they know how to run a business and they know f@#£ all about football thats why people shouldn't moan that we are a solid mid table championship club, the PL days are long gone and we are very unlikely to get back there with these lot in charge, I have accepted it some people should also.
Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 13:34 - Jan 29 with 1001 viewspencoedjack

Exeter City right back bid rejected, Swans to bid again ? on 11:42 - Jan 29 by Fireboy2

You are not bursting my bubble mate I said I don’t expect him to go anywhere.

I have no problem running a tight ship just that the small amount of funds that were made available were given to a decent manager.

I also said some supporters are happy with Martin personally as stated many times I’m bored sh*tless watching us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024