Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager 16:15 - May 12 with 18550 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60225/big-jim-confirmed-as-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:35 - May 12 with 2571 viewssxdale

Can't see any point in losing my s*** over this appointment, it's not going to change anything. Big Jim has my support if he wins games he will keep it. It's that simple
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:37 - May 12 with 2557 viewsRotherhamDale

My initial reaction is disappointment. However, if he stays true to his word and gets rid of a lot (hopefully all barring one or two) of the squad, then I'll be right behind him. I can just see it now though. Next season a back four of Keohane, Graham, EEL and Cameron John. It makes me shudder.

Possession with progression.

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:39 - May 12 with 2526 viewsJames1980

Was there a candidate that the whole fanbase would have been happy with? Gary Jones perhaps but he ruled himself out early on.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:45 - May 12 with 2493 viewsRotherhamDale

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:39 - May 12 by James1980

Was there a candidate that the whole fanbase would have been happy with? Gary Jones perhaps but he ruled himself out early on.

I dont get the obsession with people (not you) suggesting former players... People on Facebook were saying Shaun Reid ffs. Mostly because he posts on the group!

Possession with progression.

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:50 - May 12 with 2471 viewsjoecooke

Not unhappy with this.We were entertaining to watch going forward but woeful at times defending as a team.

Im not sure what the magic formula is, but if you have a certain style of playing modern football,then you need to recruit players with the technical ability and nouse to do that.

Alongside that you need the physical attributes to compete at that level in order to deserve to play that style of football.

I wish Jim all the best,its a tough ask and crede signo.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:55 - May 12 with 2420 viewsNigelWatson

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:14 - May 12 by Scunthorpedale

I’m a Dale exile living near Scunthorpe. Re the comments on Keith Hill, local fans I know don’t blame him. Scunthorpe’s decline began about 4 years ago. They blame the former owner, and are convinced that if ownership hadn’t changed earlier this season they would not have a club today.

The Gerrit forward mob always hated Hill, despite the fact that he got RAFC promoted twice because of the brand of possession based football that Hill played. The same is true of Jim McNulty, who also understands modern football. The gerrit forward mob would rather see RAFC play in the National League North playing direct, gerrit forward, football than see Dale promoted back to the football league by playing possession based football.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:56 - May 12 with 2429 viewsRippDale

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:32 - May 12 by electricblue

Big Jim McNulty first act is to get Danny Lloyd to put ink to paper on a new contract.
Also get Sam Graham to sign aswell....

I'm not stunned about the appointment but very disappointed. This was a big opportunity to reset the club and change the style we've had to endure for many seasons. It was also a chance for the board to show they listen to the opinions of fans instead of just paying lip service.

The next week will go some way to see if Jim really wants to change things. If he doesn't clear the decks and gives sentimental contracts then I fear the worst. I can understand some of the football he played so far as he had no real scope to change playing style with the dross he inherited. There have been glimpses of attacking, entertaining football so I've not totally lost hope but I am clinging on with my fingernails
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:05 - May 12 with 2373 viewsNigelWatson

Jim also mentioned that he'd only sign players who were 'humble'.
Hmm, Interesting. I wonder why Jim benched Odoh towards the end of the season?
Will we see Odoh again in a Dale shirt again?
If I was a betting man, I'd say not.
Will he get another EFL gig???
Login to get fewer ads

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:29 - May 12 with 2298 viewssweetcorn

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 19:39 - May 12 by James1980

It's not my job to find a manager, however the bare minimum was someone with some semblance of experience in the league we're about to drop into.

National league is a completely different beast and Mcnulty doesn't even have playing experience in the league.

The board have taken the easy option. It's not as if mcnulty was producing promotion level form before the end of the season to justify the decision.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:49 - May 12 with 2229 viewsJames1980

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:29 - May 12 by sweetcorn

It's not my job to find a manager, however the bare minimum was someone with some semblance of experience in the league we're about to drop into.

National league is a completely different beast and Mcnulty doesn't even have playing experience in the league.

The board have taken the easy option. It's not as if mcnulty was producing promotion level form before the end of the season to justify the decision.

I wasn't suggesting it was.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 21:04 - May 12 with 2170 viewsChris1803

Not surprised by the appointment, but I am surprised it's a 2 year deal. Given that both Stockdale and Bentley both had to be paid off with large parts of their respective 2-year contracts remaining, I'd have thought they'd have given Jim McNulty a 1 year deal, perhaps with an option in the clubs favour.

The main things for me going forward are having a squad of players, and a playing style that can change and be adaptable to the different styles and physicality's we'll come up against in the National League. And that we have a core of experienced heads to lead and guide the younger players in the side. We've already heard bits about Jim wanting to bring in and develop younger players, which is fine, but in the National League we'll need a good mix, with a number of 'been there and done it' players who know the level we're facing.

With that in mind, I wonder if there's any former Dale players who've been along side Jim that may fancy a return to the club to work under him.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 21:20 - May 12 with 2111 viewspioneer

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 18:36 - May 12 by Clivert

Is that one of Robbie Stockdale's old scripts that he's just read?

I liked Jim as a player and thought that he was harshly treated by some supporters he also comes across as a decent bloke but he isn't what we need right now. For me this going to turn into another disaster appointment from this board, they surrendered our status as an EFL club and I now truly fear that we are going to follow what Scunthorpe did this season.

How much input did the clubs largest shareholder have in this decision I wonder.

Another scouser who talks in very long sentences and puts you to sleep. Lets hope the outcome is better than the last one.

One thing that should be remembered as we adopt the consultants as a key input to decisions is that the originator of this approach, Billy Beane at Oakland Athletics, won bugger all.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 21:46 - May 12 with 2027 viewskel

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:05 - May 12 by NigelWatson

You’re so far out on your opinion on the type of person Odoh is that it’s quite staggering. You even had a go at him for chewing gum ffs.

It’s on a par with your anti-scouse agenda which weirdly omits McNulty I’ll admit. What is it about Odoh I wonder and what is it that attracted you to the relatively ethnically homogeneous country of Finland?
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:55]
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:27 - May 12 with 1913 viewsNorthernDale

In his interview McNulty stated that next season, there will be a reduced budget, this raises the question, what type of player will we be able to recruit and how it will impact on our performances. He also kept saying, the aim for next season is stability, so is the club aiming for a mid-table finish, rather then seeking to regain our EFL status. Only time will tell, but the longer we remain in the NL, the harder it will be to regain the EFL, because the quality of the teams in the NL are as good as league 2.

McNulty is also restricted by the fact, if you include Odoh and Henderson, we have something like 12 players under contract. Which could be the basis for a strong team structure and will allow McNulty to build a team around, if the recruitment is successful.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:28 - May 12 with 1909 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 20:05 - May 12 by NigelWatson

I bloody hope not.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:34 - May 12 with 1887 viewsWirralDale

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:28 - May 12 by RooleyMoorBlue

I bloody hope not.

Thought you'd say that bro
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:36 - May 12 with 1871 views442Dale

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:27 - May 12 by NorthernDale

In his interview McNulty stated that next season, there will be a reduced budget, this raises the question, what type of player will we be able to recruit and how it will impact on our performances. He also kept saying, the aim for next season is stability, so is the club aiming for a mid-table finish, rather then seeking to regain our EFL status. Only time will tell, but the longer we remain in the NL, the harder it will be to regain the EFL, because the quality of the teams in the NL are as good as league 2.

McNulty is also restricted by the fact, if you include Odoh and Henderson, we have something like 12 players under contract. Which could be the basis for a strong team structure and will allow McNulty to build a team around, if the recruitment is successful.

Why was there an increased budget if it meant the club needed to do a share issue that subsequently required the club to look for outside investment?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:37 - May 12 with 1868 viewsEllGazzell

After watching his interview, if he/the club can have the rub of the green here and there and he follows through and is sincere (which I have no reason to doubt) about the culture in the club etc.; then with the proper support I see a really successful manager and golden period in front of Dale.

He is spot on to focus on culture - from my experience in the private and public sectors, the 'company culture' makes the difference. Get that right and it breeds success. It empowers and emboldens staff, it provides a clear mission and values.

There are loads of examples out there in football currently, but the timeless textbook example is Notts Forrest under Clough.

Jim, if you read this, you're on the right track already and good luck with taking us forward.

Up the Dale

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:45 - May 12 with 1830 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 22:34 - May 12 by WirralDale

Thought you'd say that bro

I knew you'd say that sis. 🥱😄
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:25 - May 12 with 1732 viewsShun

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 21:04 - May 12 by Chris1803

Not surprised by the appointment, but I am surprised it's a 2 year deal. Given that both Stockdale and Bentley both had to be paid off with large parts of their respective 2-year contracts remaining, I'd have thought they'd have given Jim McNulty a 1 year deal, perhaps with an option in the clubs favour.

The main things for me going forward are having a squad of players, and a playing style that can change and be adaptable to the different styles and physicality's we'll come up against in the National League. And that we have a core of experienced heads to lead and guide the younger players in the side. We've already heard bits about Jim wanting to bring in and develop younger players, which is fine, but in the National League we'll need a good mix, with a number of 'been there and done it' players who know the level we're facing.

With that in mind, I wonder if there's any former Dale players who've been along side Jim that may fancy a return to the club to work under him.

I think that’s my main disappointment. I’m happy to give Jim a chance, but two years just leaves us in the predicament we found ourselves in with Stockdale and Bentley, having to fork out needless money to get rid of things go wrong.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:35 - May 12 with 1715 viewsCarbonDale

I'm sure Jim's a lovely bloke and I'll definitely be behind him and the lads next season, but it's pretty dismal that he is our best choice to lead us forward. There can't have been too much competition for the job.

Up the Dale (or at least no more down please).
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:46 - May 12 with 1693 views49thseason

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:25 - May 12 by Shun

I think that’s my main disappointment. I’m happy to give Jim a chance, but two years just leaves us in the predicament we found ourselves in with Stockdale and Bentley, having to fork out needless money to get rid of things go wrong.

There will be a relegation clause in his contract which cancells his second season.
There might even be salary payments linked to league position....i know some people dont give much credit to the BoD but they aren't as daft as some seem to think. They are not going to make the same mistakes a second time.
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 00:01 - May 13 with 1667 views442Dale

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:46 - May 12 by 49thseason

There will be a relegation clause in his contract which cancells his second season.
There might even be salary payments linked to league position....i know some people dont give much credit to the BoD but they aren't as daft as some seem to think. They are not going to make the same mistakes a second time.

What mistakes and what evidence have you of current contracts ?

If the current board are not “as daft as some seem to think” what have they done to reengage with supporters in the last three weeks since they have stated they will do so?
[Post edited 13 May 2023 0:05]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 00:28 - May 13 with 1627 viewspioneer

Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 23:46 - May 12 by 49thseason

Do you mean a third time?
Big Jim confirmed as permanent manager on 03:38 - May 13 with 1538 viewsKingstdale

I'll be the first to say it.. Jim's appointment parallels our board.
Nice guys,the club at heart,,but zero experience at this level.
This boards inexperience took us down this year,,I hope to god Jim's doesn't echo it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024