Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? 15:04 - May 26 with 26601 viewsTalkingSutty

In just over a months time the players will be reporting back for pre-season training, the fans are currently in the dark regarding what to expect next season. Is there anybody actually running the club at the moment and could our Chairman please start to show some sort of leadership qualities? As a shareholder I'm now wondering if those in the Boardroom are fit for purpose, I can't be the only one thinking along those lines. If they can't take us any further then please say and let's see if as shareholders/the Trust/ fans we can source others to run the club ( it doesn't have to be Chris Dunphy etc). I would like to see a EGM called because at the moment the club is going down the plug hole and the silence is deafening. It seems to me that the only ambition that the Chairman and Directors now have is to find a investor and what happens on and off the pitch is secondary.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:32]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:41 - May 31 with 3048 viewssxdale

I get that emotions are running high because we have just lost our coverted league status (it was all we really had to be proud of) hence some of my recent posts to a particular wind up merchant which the mods have had to delete (apologies mods). I am however getting somewhat ****** off that some posters are tarring our present board with the same brush as LoBottomley and his ilk.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:10 - May 31 with 2969 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:41 - May 31 by sxdale

I get that emotions are running high because we have just lost our coverted league status (it was all we really had to be proud of) hence some of my recent posts to a particular wind up merchant which the mods have had to delete (apologies mods). I am however getting somewhat ****** off that some posters are tarring our present board with the same brush as LoBottomley and his ilk.

I don’t think you need to apologise as, unlike the poster you refer to, you have the best interests of the club at heart.

I’ve come to the conclusion he’s itching to get banned so he can make some weird YouTube video about his freedom of speech being oppressed. He’s a truly bizarre individual who appears to have the IQ of a toddler, but he genuinely amuses me as he’s clearly not playing with a full deck and thinks he has some kind of relevance.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 15:11]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:39 - May 31 with 2908 viewsDaleiLama

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:07 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

If that happened then a new board would have already had to have been sourced and they would be ready to step in with a plan in place. There maybe are ways of accessing money to pay back Simon and the Directors, remortgage the stadium or maybe ask RMBC to purchase it as a community asset and rent it back to the football and rugby club. Oldham and Bury council have just piled money into both their clubs. Losing both sporting codes is a situation that RMBC couldn't allow to happen and The Rochdale Community Stadium might be a option that they would buy into. I don't have faith in this board to even explore that option properly, alongside representatives from Hornets.

If the current Chairman and Directors have no plans in place to further progress the club then what do they expect the shareholders to do? Do they expect them all to just do nothing and let the club continue a slow death? The fact they themselves haven't called a EGM to speak to shareholders is poor form. It's nothing personal towards anybody in the Boardroom but the welfare of the club is the priority and that's how shareholders/ the Trust/ supporters have to view the current predicament. We have about 500 shareholders it's about time they were fully informed as to what is happening with the club and how the Chairman and Directors intend to turn the fortunes of the club around, if they can't do that then a new board needs putting in place that does have some sort of expertise in running a football club. That would be a normal course of action to take if a business was failing. It's a conundrum but it's been made more difficult because for whatever reason those in the Boardroom have just taken it upon themselves to do what they want with the club, failing to communicate with the shareholders and the Trust and just expecting everybody to put up and shut up. We've just had all that with Bottomley and his cronies.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 9:04]

With respect, TS, even assuming an EGM was called, if all the stars (and shareholders) aligned and if the current board were voted out as a result of a no-confidence vote, who steps up to the new board?

The going rate was always 12.5k shares at £2/share, which is now £2.35/share = just shy of £30k. 49thseason seems pretty knowledgeable on such matters and if memory serves, he was recommending between 7 and 10 board members as optimal. Are there so many credible, knowledgeable and willing people waiting in the wings to invest for a seat at the table to run a fan-owned club? Even if there were 10 and they bought all current board shares, that would only be about half of the current board shares (I think) so there would still be a lot of disaffected people with a lot of shares left as collateral damage.

Not saying any of the above is impossible, but it would need a hell of a coup to pull it off and there are lots of ifs and buts.

I'm reminded of the old adage "nature abhors a vacuum". The vacuum left by the current board is pretty difficult to understand though, as it invites rumours, speculation and in the extreme, abuse. I am dumbfounded and concerned in equal measure by the boards unwillingness to engage with a fan base (and customer base) which mostly would back it with the right approach. The only explanation which, to me, seems to fit the facts is that a deal for them to bring in new money is close. Anything else just doesn't bear contemplation. As 442 is at great pains to point out though, the clock ticks on.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:05 - May 31 with 2866 viewsNafelad

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:19 - May 31 by pioneer

No, not suggesting that at all. But there have been clear statements that they are looking to recoup the money they paid for the MH shares. I dont see those supporters who bought shares at the time of the first new share issue looking to recoup their investment. Same for the long term shareholders from the days of Fred Ratcliffe.

Folks shouldnt need a government health warning on Rochdale shares….you buy them, you cannot expect to get that money back. It appears we are in limbo while the. board seek to get their money back.

I've been thinking the same.

Topcat

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:22 - May 31 with 2819 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:39 - May 31 by DaleiLama

With respect, TS, even assuming an EGM was called, if all the stars (and shareholders) aligned and if the current board were voted out as a result of a no-confidence vote, who steps up to the new board?

The going rate was always 12.5k shares at £2/share, which is now £2.35/share = just shy of £30k. 49thseason seems pretty knowledgeable on such matters and if memory serves, he was recommending between 7 and 10 board members as optimal. Are there so many credible, knowledgeable and willing people waiting in the wings to invest for a seat at the table to run a fan-owned club? Even if there were 10 and they bought all current board shares, that would only be about half of the current board shares (I think) so there would still be a lot of disaffected people with a lot of shares left as collateral damage.

Not saying any of the above is impossible, but it would need a hell of a coup to pull it off and there are lots of ifs and buts.

I'm reminded of the old adage "nature abhors a vacuum". The vacuum left by the current board is pretty difficult to understand though, as it invites rumours, speculation and in the extreme, abuse. I am dumbfounded and concerned in equal measure by the boards unwillingness to engage with a fan base (and customer base) which mostly would back it with the right approach. The only explanation which, to me, seems to fit the facts is that a deal for them to bring in new money is close. Anything else just doesn't bear contemplation. As 442 is at great pains to point out though, the clock ticks on.

Not sure but maybe not all the Directors would leave, some might be willing to stay and help formulate a new board. The only other option is to accept that nothing can be done and we continue on a slide into oblivion. It doesn't matter to me who is in the boardroom as long as they are trustworthy and have a hunger and desire to win football matches and try to improve the club on and off the pitch. The only name mentioned as yet was Chris Dunphy, I'd rather have him and his associates along with the supporters trust running the club than unknown outsiders. I appreciate there are also other fans who would like the opposite and those who will just stick with the same Chairman and Board, irrespective of what happens. We're all different.

As I said before, investment doesn't always need to be measured in a lump sum, if you can find a few people with experience of working in football and they are willing to give that experience ( and contacts) free of charge then the club will naturally benefit financially in the long run. At the moment we seem to have a club that's lacking in real leadership and footballing nouse and no viable plan to turn things around. I don't have all the answers but we have a healthy supporters trust and 500 shareholders so between us all decisions need to be made to save the club from what is increasingly looking like possible disaster. I also don't believe the board are even close to finding a investor, so without a proper plan things won't improve. If you are the Chairman and your club is rapidly going down hill why wouldn't you embrace all offers of help and actively go and speak to people, get as much help in as you can? What was the criteria for Simon Gauge being appointed as Chairman over the Directors, does he have expertise in running a multi million pound business? I don't think he has any looking at his employment history.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 16:53]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:59 - May 31 with 2728 viewsNorthernDale

The board purchased the shares to end the saga with MH, yes they may want the money back, who would not? Somebody of us are worried about the ambitions of the board and club for the coming season and then there are some who would like the downfall of the board.

As somebody else have posted, if some of the posters got there wish and the board resigned, who would run the club, who would take on the duties of being a board member (with the financial cost involved), there does not seem a queue of investors or do you want some dodgy investors, like Southall or MH. Yes, we want leadership, we would like an owner with money to spend and we all want success. But crucially we all want a club to support and constantly sniping at the board undermines this.

The fact is we need investment, but an investor who is also prepared to write the money off, I would like to a united front and may include former directors like Dunphy working with the existing board, because as others have said 'this coming season could define our future'. So let the board seek investment, do the recruitment and prepare in the NL and at the time, I hope the board listen and take on the fans ideas, via the trust for example, but we to be united going forward.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:14 - May 31 with 2690 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:59 - May 31 by NorthernDale

The board purchased the shares to end the saga with MH, yes they may want the money back, who would not? Somebody of us are worried about the ambitions of the board and club for the coming season and then there are some who would like the downfall of the board.

As somebody else have posted, if some of the posters got there wish and the board resigned, who would run the club, who would take on the duties of being a board member (with the financial cost involved), there does not seem a queue of investors or do you want some dodgy investors, like Southall or MH. Yes, we want leadership, we would like an owner with money to spend and we all want success. But crucially we all want a club to support and constantly sniping at the board undermines this.

The fact is we need investment, but an investor who is also prepared to write the money off, I would like to a united front and may include former directors like Dunphy working with the existing board, because as others have said 'this coming season could define our future'. So let the board seek investment, do the recruitment and prepare in the NL and at the time, I hope the board listen and take on the fans ideas, via the trust for example, but we to be united going forward.

I don't believe there is any true Dale fan who would like to see the downfall of the board, in a ideal world Simon Gauge is Chairman for life and the Directors never leave but that's not where we currently are unfortunately. The current board have made a pigs ear of running the club and it's continuing. Do we just continue as we are or try to see if there are better options which include a consortium of people from various backgrounds but hopefully some with real expertise in running the club. Better communication and the Trust being fully embraced in all the major decisions would be great also.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 17:53]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:16 - May 31 with 2672 viewsClivert

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:59 - May 31 by NorthernDale

Surely their shares are worth a lot less than they were two years ago? Back then we'd just be relegated from League One with saleable assets like Morley, Beesley, Humphrys and EOC (he had one year remaining) now after two years under their stewardship we are in the National League and we have nothing like the quality of players that I've mentioned to sell on our books. Surely they can't expect their money back when the club is in a by far a worse position on and off the pitch?
Login to get fewer ads

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:35 - May 31 with 2633 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:16 - May 31 by Clivert

Surely their shares are worth a lot less than they were two years ago? Back then we'd just be relegated from League One with saleable assets like Morley, Beesley, Humphrys and EOC (he had one year remaining) now after two years under their stewardship we are in the National League and we have nothing like the quality of players that I've mentioned to sell on our books. Surely they can't expect their money back when the club is in a by far a worse position on and off the pitch?

That applies to everybody else who bought shares also, they've already lost money. I know individual fans who have spent thousands on shares, that money equates to a large percentage of their total wealth. So one man's £100K is another man's £2k or £200. It's all relative to your own personal finances, so it's not just those in the Boardroom who are holding shares that nobody is probably interested in buying. The fact there are so many shareholders will also deter many potential investors, that in itself could be a blessing in disguise.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 17:37]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:52 - May 31 with 2600 viewsClivert

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:35 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

That applies to everybody else who bought shares also, they've already lost money. I know individual fans who have spent thousands on shares, that money equates to a large percentage of their total wealth. So one man's £100K is another man's £2k or £200. It's all relative to your own personal finances, so it's not just those in the Boardroom who are holding shares that nobody is probably interested in buying. The fact there are so many shareholders will also deter many potential investors, that in itself could be a blessing in disguise.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 17:37]

Yes, the club is worth a lot less as a business as it was this time two years ago and the finger of blame has to be pointed on those who have been running the club so why those particular individuals are expecting the same return for their outlay baffles me.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:13 - May 31 with 2565 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:52 - May 31 by Clivert

Yes, the club is worth a lot less as a business as it was this time two years ago and the finger of blame has to be pointed on those who have been running the club so why those particular individuals are expecting the same return for their outlay baffles me.

Bottomley and his cronies are the enemy not the current board. Things would have been different had they loved the club and not tried to flog it off. The current board are part of the collateral damage that they caused. I'm sure Simon Gauge etc regret ever getting involved.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:18 - May 31 with 2549 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:13 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

Bottomley and his cronies are the enemy not the current board. Things would have been different had they loved the club and not tried to flog it off. The current board are part of the collateral damage that they caused. I'm sure Simon Gauge etc regret ever getting involved.

Yes, i'm pretty sure they do regret it, with hindsight

Their non-communicative strategy has that stamped all over it, and i believe it's time to stop asking why they aren't communicating and to start making alternative plans

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:31 - May 31 with 2512 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:52 - May 31 by Clivert

The answer lies in the fact that they expect an investor to buy shares at the same price they were obliged to pay MH to stop a court case that they might have won but could have cost them as much in legal fees.
An investor may look at Rochdale and conclude the club isnt worth £2.35 a share but then you could point then to Wrexham and Stockport and the thought that essentially we are still relatively cheap to acquire in part or the whole Club, especially as much of the risk is underwritten by owning the ground. There is a great deal of upside in investing in RAFC compared to many clubs with multi-million debts on their balance sheets.
One thing is certain, the current uncertainty cannot go on forever, the club has to play next season as best it can given the precarious finances. If there is no investment, I doubt there is a genuine plan B. So we have to be patient and hope for the best and yet plan to prevent the whole shebang going down the pan. Losing £30k a week is not a winning strategy.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:12 - Jun 1 with 2130 viewsNigelWatson

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:10 - May 31 by kel

I don’t think you need to apologise as, unlike the poster you refer to, you have the best interests of the club at heart.

I’ve come to the conclusion he’s itching to get banned so he can make some weird YouTube video about his freedom of speech being oppressed. He’s a truly bizarre individual who appears to have the IQ of a toddler, but he genuinely amuses me as he’s clearly not playing with a full deck and thinks he has some kind of relevance.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 15:11]

You want me banned?
That's nice of you.

What do you want, Kel (or whatever /whoever you are)?

Create a RAFC forum where anybody who asks questions gets banned???

Or to be more precise, anybody who asks questions that you disapprove of gets banned. Free speech but only if it's approved by you first? To keep 'everybody 'safe', or something daft like that?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 15:13]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:55 - Jun 1 with 2075 viewsTVOS1907

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:12 - Jun 1 by NigelWatson

You want me banned?
That's nice of you.

Or to be more precise, anybody who asks questions that you disapprove of gets banned. Free speech but only if it's approved by you first? To keep 'everybody 'safe', or something daft like that?

He didn’t say he wanted you banned.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:18 - Jun 1 with 2028 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:12 - Jun 1 by NigelWatson

You want me banned?
That's nice of you.

Do you often struggle with reading, Nidge?

Jesus wept.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:19 - Jun 1 with 2031 viewsZac_B

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:55 - Jun 1 by TVOS1907

He didn’t say he wanted you banned.

Oh, so a person can't interpret a post however they like now???

Go on, off you go with all the other sheep READING posts fully and responding coherently!!!
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:35 - Jun 1 with 1981 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:19 - Jun 1 by Zac_B

Oh, so a person can't interpret a post however they like now???

Go on, off you go with all the other sheep READING posts fully and responding coherently!!!

Bloody hell, that’s going to mess with Nidge’s head big time!
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:48 - Jun 1 with 1946 viewssxdale

I utterly and totally believe in free speech but with free speech comes responsibility and consequences. It is not a mandate to say whatever you wish, insult people, libel people or just wind people up for the sake of it and then go crying when someone is nasty back to you.
For example if is your right to use your free speech to call me a w*****. The consequences of your use of free speech in this instance is that more than likely you will get a smack round the chops. The consequences for me following that course of action is that I may in turn get a smack round the chops or get done for assault but I must too accept those consequences. It's quite simple really.
People should just treat people online in the same way as they would in person.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 00:16 - Jun 2 with 1720 viewsnordenblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:48 - Jun 1 by sxdale

I utterly and totally believe in free speech but with free speech comes responsibility and consequences. It is not a mandate to say whatever you wish, insult people, libel people or just wind people up for the sake of it and then go crying when someone is nasty back to you.
For example if is your right to use your free speech to call me a w*****. The consequences of your use of free speech in this instance is that more than likely you will get a smack round the chops. The consequences for me following that course of action is that I may in turn get a smack round the chops or get done for assault but I must too accept those consequences. It's quite simple really.
People should just treat people online in the same way as they would in person.

How very true this is.....

"Social media made folk way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it”

- Mike Tyson
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 11:52 - Jun 2 with 1550 viewsDaleiLama

This sounds very promising from the Trust Newsletter .........

"There's much to be done to ensure that we become that model club of fan engagement that we not only aspire to be but we need to be. As we have said all along, it's all well and good hosting the meetings, but if we don't have positive outcomes from them, we may as well not have bothered. Progress has started with the issues that we identified as being the priorities - the Ownership situation at the Club, what lies ahead in the National League and changes to the way the Trust is run.

In what can only be viewed as a real positive step towards achieving this, the Club have approached us this week with a twelve month programme of fan engagement. We are looking at finalising the schedule in the next few days before publishing all the dates. This is something that we as a Trust can build our activities around. Keep an eye on both the Official website and the Trust site for these dates that we are hoping to announce within the next few days."

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 12:23 - Jun 2 with 1486 viewskel

More details here

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

Good work from the trust again. Whether the club stick to it is another matter.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:07 - Jun 2 with 1411 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 12:23 - Jun 2 by kel

More details here

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

Good work from the trust again. Whether the club stick to it is another matter.

Agree with that, the proof will be in the pudding. In the meantime maybe we need to draw a line under past perceived failings and start again with a clean slate. Hopefully in six months time with everybody pulling together our fortunes both on and off the pitch might have turned a corner. All McNulty has to do is win a few games and provide some entertainment for the long suffering home fans, he should be capable of doing that.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:18 - Jun 2 with 1384 viewskel

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:07 - Jun 2 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that, the proof will be in the pudding. In the meantime maybe we need to draw a line under past perceived failings and start again with a clean slate. Hopefully in six months time with everybody pulling together our fortunes both on and off the pitch might have turned a corner. All McNulty has to do is win a few games and provide some entertainment for the long suffering home fans, he should be capable of doing that.

Good shout. You know I’m not usually a club basher but all it will take is for one of these things to take a back burner again and we’ll be back to square one.

Clean slate, onwards and upwards and let’s hope it it’s the start of the reengagement we were promised. The past is the past now and we can’t change it.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:26 - Jun 2 with 1250 viewsNorthernDale

All I want to hear at the moment, is positive club signings, the silence from the club is deafening, have those offered contracts signed or agreed to sign, have we had offers for players, basically what is going in terms of next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024