Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread 22:00 - Aug 16 with 42145 viewsKeithHaynes

Our very own RWC thread.

Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England will join 16 other nations as they compete for the ultimate prize in rugby – the Webb Ellis Cup – which was last won by the Springboks in 2019. The opening match of Rugby World Cup 2023 will see hosts France face three-time winners New Zealand on Friday 8th September. The final will take place seven weeks later on Saturday 28th October.

Click on the link to enlarge the fixtures.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 1645 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:49 - Aug 19 by Togg

Getting a result over probably one of the worst England sides in decades gave us a false feeling of hope . We are well off the pace of the top nations .
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 16:50]

Saffas look good though Togg.
Wales pretty shambolic .
Pray just pray

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Aug 19 with 1604 viewsshingle

Gatland once has a golden age of players at his disposal yet could not get them to a world cup final let alone win one and in reality was only competing against less than 10 competitive teams, so now the golden age has passed on i would imagine he will not get much success.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:40 - Aug 20 with 1526 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Aug 19 by shingle

Gatland once has a golden age of players at his disposal yet could not get them to a world cup final let alone win one and in reality was only competing against less than 10 competitive teams, so now the golden age has passed on i would imagine he will not get much success.

Success is probably getting through the group and beating England/Argentina. Anything beyond that would be miraculous.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:14 - Aug 20 with 1513 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:40 - Aug 20 by jack247

Success is probably getting through the group and beating England/Argentina. Anything beyond that would be miraculous.

Watching our props yesterday reminded me of some junior games I watched as the referee would have concerns as to the physical welfare of the two boys playing prop.
Yesterday ,the ref asked them what was wrong,to which was replied with “ it’s my shoulder sir.
The saffas clearly mincing them both mercilessly. These lads are overweight with ale guts and they re barely fully mature adults . It’s a lifestyle that corrodes .
It was sickening and shameful.
Welsh players had the size but simply not the basic physicality to play rugby football at that level.
It’s no wonder Saffas fans are so arrogant .

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 1506 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:14 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Watching our props yesterday reminded me of some junior games I watched as the referee would have concerns as to the physical welfare of the two boys playing prop.
Yesterday ,the ref asked them what was wrong,to which was replied with “ it’s my shoulder sir.
The saffas clearly mincing them both mercilessly. These lads are overweight with ale guts and they re barely fully mature adults . It’s a lifestyle that corrodes .
It was sickening and shameful.
Welsh players had the size but simply not the basic physicality to play rugby football at that level.
It’s no wonder Saffas fans are so arrogant .

I didn’t see it. I was at the game and didn’t bother watching back when I saw the score.

Wasn’t it a virtual second string against a strong SA side though?

One thing I will say is the players are invariably the size, shape and weight they should be for their roles. They are professional sportsmen with strict tailored diets and conditioning plans, even if the props often don’t look like athletes.

A south sea islander can pull off a bit of timber. It looks worse on a ginger with pink cheeks.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:40 - Aug 20 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:31 - Aug 20 by jack247

I didn’t see it. I was at the game and didn’t bother watching back when I saw the score.

Wasn’t it a virtual second string against a strong SA side though?

One thing I will say is the players are invariably the size, shape and weight they should be for their roles. They are professional sportsmen with strict tailored diets and conditioning plans, even if the props often don’t look like athletes.

A south sea islander can pull off a bit of timber. It looks worse on a ginger with pink cheeks.

Yes it was .
Diets for props shouldn’t include buckets of beer and burgers . You look what you are

Islanders are physical ,more heavily boned specimens
Afrikaners are big being descended from Dutch but are pound for pound different .
It’s been thus for years

The World Cup could be different though and give us a little joy.

I think we will get out of the group

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:54 - Aug 20 with 1492 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:40 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Yes it was .
Diets for props shouldn’t include buckets of beer and burgers . You look what you are

Islanders are physical ,more heavily boned specimens
Afrikaners are big being descended from Dutch but are pound for pound different .
It’s been thus for years

The World Cup could be different though and give us a little joy.

I think we will get out of the group

I can guarantee they haven’t been gorging on pints and burgers. High calorie intake yes, but not junk food. Adam and Duncan Jones both looked like that on tv. I’ve met both several times and they look a lot leaner in real life. Duncan especially.

I agree with you. I think we’ll get out of the group and be underdogs in the quarterfinals, though we’d have a decent chance against either team. Heart says we reach the semis, head the quarters.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:02 - Aug 20 with 1488 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:54 - Aug 20 by jack247

I can guarantee they haven’t been gorging on pints and burgers. High calorie intake yes, but not junk food. Adam and Duncan Jones both looked like that on tv. I’ve met both several times and they look a lot leaner in real life. Duncan especially.

I agree with you. I think we’ll get out of the group and be underdogs in the quarterfinals, though we’d have a decent chance against either team. Heart says we reach the semis, head the quarters.

Well,we disagree meow mucked and that’s just fine.
Gatland himself is looking for more mobility from the front row

Login to get fewer ads

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:09 - Aug 20 with 1482 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:02 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Well,we disagree meow mucked and that’s just fine.
Gatland himself is looking for more mobility from the front row

Well he picked them
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:22 - Aug 20 with 1463 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:09 - Aug 20 by jack247

Well he picked them

Deed he did .
He has to find out if they can play at that level.
I wouldn’t have played SA as the last game though .
I’m not sure what Zjonathan Humphrey’s does at training though

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 1449 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:22 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Deed he did .
He has to find out if they can play at that level.
I wouldn’t have played SA as the last game though .
I’m not sure what Zjonathan Humphrey’s does at training though

I was being slightly facetious.

You don’t pick players who don’t have at least an outside chance of the squad in your final warm up game though and it’s hardly as if he doesn’t know what they can do.

They wouldn’t have got through his brutal training camps if they were unfit.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:29 - Aug 20 with 1433 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:31 - Aug 20 by jack247

I was being slightly facetious.

You don’t pick players who don’t have at least an outside chance of the squad in your final warm up game though and it’s hardly as if he doesn’t know what they can do.

They wouldn’t have got through his brutal training camps if they were unfit.

There s fit and there’s match fit.
Yesterday saw the ref pleading with them to stop going to ground . If you had watched it yiu would have seen what I mean .
Check out some rugby forums

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:35 - Aug 20 with 1430 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:29 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

There s fit and there’s match fit.
Yesterday saw the ref pleading with them to stop going to ground . If you had watched it yiu would have seen what I mean .
Check out some rugby forums

I would have done but the Swans were playing. Hope you enjoyed.

Edit - apologies. I don’t like it when people take good threads off topic and I’ve just done it myself. Shouldn’t have bit at OHLs last comment.

Sorry.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 13:40]
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:57 - Aug 20 with 1422 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:35 - Aug 20 by jack247

I would have done but the Swans were playing. Hope you enjoyed.

Edit - apologies. I don’t like it when people take good threads off topic and I’ve just done it myself. Shouldn’t have bit at OHLs last comment.

Sorry.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 13:40]

Never apologise to me. You’re ok.
I watched our game then Wales,then England thanks to Amazon .
I didn’t enjoy any of them.

Swans rather insipid
Wales embarrassing
England dire and humiliated by the Irish

Had a nice red later though

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:00 - Aug 21 with 1298 viewsGwyn737

Squad is out with no great surprises IMO.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/rugby-union/66554882

Co-captains are a little different.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Aug 21 with 1268 viewstrampie

I'm very dubious about the administration of this World cup (just like others) and the officiating, the ref cost Wales victory against England the other week by not giving straight red cards to two England players (although one did stay off after a review).

Scheduling has been unfair on the smaller nations in the past just like football World cups, look at Wales out in Qatar in the football World cup having to play a local team in the midday heat England (same group )and the rest of the big teams did not have to play in the midday heat, look at the last Euros Wales went out to Asia back to Europe back out to Asia and then back to Europe again when England for example played 6 of their 7 games in North London, the same happens in rugby with the small teams not given time between fixtures etc.

The nonsense has started with the England fly half who could badly hurt somebody one day, he hits people with illegal tackles all the time but they do little about it, they are trying to get him off, yet if somebody from a small country does it they get banned, Pacific Islanders seem to get treated harshly compared to others when it comes to officiating and disciplinary matters off the field.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 1266 viewsKeithHaynes

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Aug 21 by trampie

I'm very dubious about the administration of this World cup (just like others) and the officiating, the ref cost Wales victory against England the other week by not giving straight red cards to two England players (although one did stay off after a review).

Scheduling has been unfair on the smaller nations in the past just like football World cups, look at Wales out in Qatar in the football World cup having to play a local team in the midday heat England (same group )and the rest of the big teams did not have to play in the midday heat, look at the last Euros Wales went out to Asia back to Europe back out to Asia and then back to Europe again when England for example played 6 of their 7 games in North London, the same happens in rugby with the small teams not given time between fixtures etc.

The nonsense has started with the England fly half who could badly hurt somebody one day, he hits people with illegal tackles all the time but they do little about it, they are trying to get him off, yet if somebody from a small country does it they get banned, Pacific Islanders seem to get treated harshly compared to others when it comes to officiating and disciplinary matters off the field.

I agree wholeheartedly,was going to mention something similar. The only thing the likes of Farrell understand is a similar service. But of course world rugby are scared of the RFU. Proven below.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:49 - Aug 21 with 1253 viewsTogg

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Aug 21 by trampie

Have you seen the past history of Tongans and West Samoans tacking. Remember in the 80's Wales tour of the Islands and Bleddyn Bowen running for his life. I think it was against Tonga.
The big 3'SH teams always knew how to play referees. Andy Haden jumping out of the lineout was a fine one. Now that cost Wales a real historical result.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:53 - Aug 21 with 1244 viewstrampie

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwADq-9g5D2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:10 - Aug 21 with 1220 viewstrampie

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:49 - Aug 21 by Togg

Have you seen the past history of Tongans and West Samoans tacking. Remember in the 80's Wales tour of the Islands and Bleddyn Bowen running for his life. I think it was against Tonga.
The big 3'SH teams always knew how to play referees. Andy Haden jumping out of the lineout was a fine one. Now that cost Wales a real historical result.

Pacific Islanders know as headhunters on the field by some but they are very respectful off the field, they don't get treated the same as England, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia players etc
Wales have done two full tours of the Pacific Islands for sporting reasons probably lost money on the gig, probably knowing they would not make money, England and the big boys would not do that.
Wales in football have played the Basque region, England and the big boys would not do that and the big boys would not be guaranteed to beat them either.

I don't do unfairness, I see it all the time against small nations in all sports whether it's on or off the pitch, I think it's a slight disadvantage that Welsh football teams playing English football teams in the league have English only officials, I've seen the 'real tables' in the past where clear mistakes have affected results and the tables updated accordingly and the Welsh teams are nearly always bottom for suffering bad decisions.

Three of the main sports in this country rugby, football, cricket England are often the beneficiary of dubious officiating and sports administration at the expense of smaller nations, I don't like unfairness and call it out.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:44 - Aug 21 with 1204 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:49 - Aug 21 by Togg

Yes,they wear a band of tape with John 3:16 and they pray then on to smashing the holy bejesus out of others.
They have gotten away with murder for years as impressionable people fall their smiling ,happy go lucky charm . They are anything but .
Samoa probably the worst though. Simply thugs in shirts .
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 14:45]

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:47 - Aug 21 with 1200 viewstheloneranger

Wales senior men’s squad for Rugby World Cup 2023 in France

(Player | first club | club | Wales caps | previous RWC)

FORWARDS (19)

Taine Basham – Talywain | Dragons (13 caps)
Adam Beard – Birchgrove | Ospreys (47 caps) (2019 RWC)
Elliot Dee – Newbridge | Dragons | (43 caps) (2019 RWC)
Corey Domachowski – Gilfach Goch | Cardiff Rugby (2 caps)
Ryan Elias – Carmarthen Athletic | Scarlets (34 caps) (2019 RWC)
Taulupe Faletau – RTB Ebbw Vale | Cardiff Rugby | (100 caps) (2011 RWC)
Tomas Francis – Malton & Norton | Provence | (72 caps) (2015 & 2019 RWC)
Dafydd Jenkins – Porthcawl | Exeter Chiefs (7 caps)
Dewi Lake – Valley Ravens | Ospreys (9 caps)
Dillon Lewis – Beddau | Harlequins (51 caps) (2019 RWC)
Dan Lydiate – Rhayader | Dragons (71 caps) (2011 & 2015 RWC)
Jac Morgan – Cwmtwrch | Ospreys (11 caps)
Tommy Reffell – Pencoed | Leicester Tigers (10 caps)
Will Rowlands – Dragons (25 caps)
Nicky Smith – Waunarlwydd | Ospreys (44 caps) (2019 RWC)
Gareth Thomas – Newcastle Emlyn | Ospreys (22 caps)
Henry Thomas – Bath minis & juniors | Montpellier (2 caps)
Christ Tshiunza – Rhiwbina Squirrels | Exeter Chiefs (7 caps)
Aaron Wainwright – Whiteheads | Dragons (39 caps) (2019 RWC)

BACKS (14)
Josh Adams – Hendy | Cardiff Rugby (50 Caps) (2019 RWC)
Gareth Anscombe – Ponsonby | Tokyo Suntory Sungoliath (35 caps) (2015 RWC)
Dan Biggar – Gorseinon | Toulon (109 Caps) (2015 & 2019 RWC)
Sam Costelow – Pencoed | Scarlets (4 caps)
Gareth Davies – Newcastle Emlyn | Scarlets (69 Caps) (2015 & 2019 RWC)
Rio Dyer – Risca | Dragons (9 caps)
Mason Grady – Barry | Cardiff Rugby (4 caps)
Leigh Halfpenny – Gorseinon | unattached (100 Caps) (2011 & 2019 RWC)
George North – Llangefni | Ospreys (114 Caps) (2011, 2015 & 2019 RWC)
Louis Rees-Zammit – Rumney | Gloucester Rugby (27 caps)
Nick Tompkins – Old Elthamians | Saracens (28 caps)
Johnny Williams – Rams | Scarlets (6 caps)
Liam Williams – Waunarlwydd | Penlan | Kubota Spears (85 Caps) (2015 & 2019 RWC)
Tomos Williams – Treorchy | Cardiff Rugby (48 Caps) (2019 RWC

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:50 - Aug 21 with 1200 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:10 - Aug 21 by trampie

Pacific Islanders know as headhunters on the field by some but they are very respectful off the field, they don't get treated the same as England, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia players etc
Wales have done two full tours of the Pacific Islands for sporting reasons probably lost money on the gig, probably knowing they would not make money, England and the big boys would not do that.
Wales in football have played the Basque region, England and the big boys would not do that and the big boys would not be guaranteed to beat them either.

I don't do unfairness, I see it all the time against small nations in all sports whether it's on or off the pitch, I think it's a slight disadvantage that Welsh football teams playing English football teams in the league have English only officials, I've seen the 'real tables' in the past where clear mistakes have affected results and the tables updated accordingly and the Welsh teams are nearly always bottom for suffering bad decisions.

Three of the main sports in this country rugby, football, cricket England are often the beneficiary of dubious officiating and sports administration at the expense of smaller nations, I don't like unfairness and call it out.

You are a man obsessed and not in a good way.
I wonder if you are a parody or simply someone on a massive wind up.
England hatred is central to your core .
You get away with murder on this site ,frankly.
If your comments were aimed at any other country than England …

On welsh forums it’s perfectly ok to insult,abuse and slag off the English .

You need to check out how your precious wonderful welsh saints treated black rugby players . As racist as it gets,on Afrikaner lines in the 50s and 60s.

Billy Boston a classic example . Wonderful player, wonderful man ,Welsh yet told he would never play for Wales.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:04 - Aug 21 with 1170 viewstrampie

Wales get Fiji, England get Japan, Fiji have just hammered Japan in Japan

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:46 - Aug 21 with 1137 viewsjack247

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:04 - Aug 21 by trampie

Wales get Fiji, England get Japan, Fiji have just hammered Japan in Japan

We’ve got a nice draw. Try being Scotland or Italy. Plus if we get through the group, we miss out NZ, SA, Ireland and France.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024