Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14,572 07:20 - Oct 5 with 5873 viewsWhiterockin

Last nights attendance, make all the excuses you like but this is poor. Take into consideration that this is tickets sold, so the actual attendance was far less .Plymouth we have sold out again for an away match, but don't seem able to get the gates at home. It's not the middle of winter, Norwich were a top six club at the time of kick off, we didn't have two home games in a week, it's not the holiday season, we won our previous two matches, so what is the reason and what do the club need to do about it.
14,572 on 08:14 - Oct 5 with 3884 viewsKeithHaynes

There are a list of Cardiff City excuses for when their attendances go the same way ( and less )
Maybe they are right ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14,572 on 08:33 - Oct 5 with 3845 viewswhiterock

14,572 on 08:14 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

There are a list of Cardiff City excuses for when their attendances go the same way ( and less )
Maybe they are right ?

You ask what the club need to do about it, just carry on winning, people will come back, school nights are never brilliant and respect to the couple of hundred Norwich fans but a full away end not only adds 2,000 to the gate, it encourages home fans to come out too. Keep winning Swans and we'll have the sold out signs up soon.
14,572 on 08:42 - Oct 5 with 3838 viewsJohnw102

Draw Man U in the cup and all those life long Swansea fans will be on here moaning they couldn't get a ticket. Roll on Saturday off to The Theatre of Greens!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

14,572 on 08:51 - Oct 5 with 3812 viewsonehunglow

Appalling.
However Duffers doesn’t have the charisma our former coach had.
Meanwhile locals stop in front of telly and have a can of Fosters

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

14,572 on 08:53 - Oct 5 with 3801 viewsKeithHaynes

14,572 on 08:51 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Appalling.

Do people still drink Fosters ?
Hemeling now that was a drink 😂

14,572 on 09:05 - Oct 5 with 3781 viewsWhiterockin

14,572 on 08:33 - Oct 5 by whiterock

You ask what the club need to do about it, just carry on winning, people will come back, school nights are never brilliant and respect to the couple of hundred Norwich fans but a full away end not only adds 2,000 to the gate, it encourages home fans to come out too. Keep winning Swans and we'll have the sold out signs up soon.

I don't believe this is the case, the cub needs to do something to bring in the casual fan, many in Swansea did not realise we were playing last night. Our season ticket sales must be way down for our tickets sold last night to be so low. That's our core support numbers, so people have to physically buy a ticket for each game to attend. We have a couple of games coming up which should be close to a sell out, Leicester and Sunderland but Watford and Hull will be way short. We have to shift a load of match day tickets now which we are not doing so marketing needs to improve. They could start by reintroducing the "next match" on the board above the ticket office for a start.
14,572 on 09:09 - Oct 5 with 3767 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 09:05 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

I don't believe this is the case, the cub needs to do something to bring in the casual fan, many in Swansea did not realise we were playing last night. Our season ticket sales must be way down for our tickets sold last night to be so low. That's our core support numbers, so people have to physically buy a ticket for each game to attend. We have a couple of games coming up which should be close to a sell out, Leicester and Sunderland but Watford and Hull will be way short. We have to shift a load of match day tickets now which we are not doing so marketing needs to improve. They could start by reintroducing the "next match" on the board above the ticket office for a start.

Ab. So, lutely.

Just what else is there to w@tch in SwNsea on a September evening .
Ok Corries on.

Duff deserves better

14,572 on 09:24 - Oct 5 with 3747 viewsJust_Dave

I got into the ground about 5 minutes before kick off and I thought I'd got the time wrong there were so many empty seats.
The club do need to try and make it a bit more attractive to the casual fan and families too. Maybe more reasonable prices at the food and drink outlets and start accepting cash again may help. Also is there a need to search everyone going on the East?
Login to get fewer ads

14,572 on 09:27 - Oct 5 with 3733 viewsJust_Dave

14,572 on 08:53 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Do people still drink Fosters ?
Hemeling now that was a drink 😂

I'd forgotten about Hemeling ! Now Breaker was a drink
14,572 on 09:44 - Oct 5 with 3690 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 09:27 - Oct 5 by Just_Dave

I'd forgotten about Hemeling ! Now Breaker was a drink

I’ve seen folk drinking Fosters ,honestly.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 9:44]

14,572 on 09:50 - Oct 5 with 3673 viewsBoundy

It was a poor attendance with a rows in front of me empty of the regulars , but despite that the crowd responses were noisy and in good voice .They certainly enjoyed an entertaining game ,hopefully the numbers will rise as results improve .
The numbers are dropping back to pre PL days which when you consider that we've now been back in the Championship for 5 years is no real shock

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

14,572 on 09:58 - Oct 5 with 3650 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 09:50 - Oct 5 by Boundy

It was a poor attendance with a rows in front of me empty of the regulars , but despite that the crowd responses were noisy and in good voice .They certainly enjoyed an entertaining game ,hopefully the numbers will rise as results improve .
The numbers are dropping back to pre PL days which when you consider that we've now been back in the Championship for 5 years is no real shock

It was certainly more passionate at the end and I wish we could extend Lowes loan.
He’s right up for it.

Biggest difference is Ashworth.
He will have a big future and is the keeper we should have had post Fabianski instead of the weak indecisive ones we’ve had to endure .

14,572 on 10:05 - Oct 5 with 3633 viewslifelong

14,572 on 08:51 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Appalling.

How can you call the attendance appalling when you can’t be bothered to go yourself? It’s very odd.
14,572 on 10:16 - Oct 5 with 3624 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 10:05 - Oct 5 by lifelong

How can you call the attendance appalling when you can’t be bothered to go yourself? It’s very odd.

Doesn’t change anything Rog.
You have posted thus for 15 years
It was a disappointing attendance and you must accept that simple fact
The club and team deserve better
Duff has been working his arse off to improve and just because he is not exactly media friendly he gets crap .

For a region of 300,000 + it’s poor.

Norwich is half the size of Swansea but attracts thousands country wide .

Fact

14,572 on 10:19 - Oct 5 with 3623 viewsdna

14,572 on 09:58 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

It was certainly more passionate at the end and I wish we could extend Lowes loan.
He’s right up for it.

Biggest difference is Ashworth.
He will have a big future and is the keeper we should have had post Fabianski instead of the weak indecisive ones we’ve had to endure .

Lowe is on loan till the end of the season, which is when his contract with Bournemouth is up
14,572 on 10:20 - Oct 5 with 3613 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 10:19 - Oct 5 by dna

Lowe is on loan till the end of the season, which is when his contract with Bournemouth is up

Thought it was until January.
That’s good then.
He is utterly motivated and better now with us than he was previously.

14,572 on 10:22 - Oct 5 with 3614 viewsdna

14,572 on 10:20 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Thought it was until January.
That’s good then.
He is utterly motivated and better now with us than he was previously.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jamal-lowe-completes-
14,572 on 10:23 - Oct 5 with 3597 viewslifelong

Mid week attendances are always lower than the weekend.

It is similar with many clubs and there are a variety of reasons for this.
14,572 on 10:28 - Oct 5 with 3596 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 10:22 - Oct 5 by dna

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jamal-lowe-completes-

Thanks for that

14,572 on 10:46 - Oct 5 with 3573 viewsKeithHaynes

14,572 on 10:28 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Thanks for that

I prefer to rely on the Indy. 😉

Latest : Jamal Lowe now a Swansea player for the season 1st Sep 2023 22:26
Latest firm news on a player coming in was Jamal Lowe, he has agreed to return to the Swans in what was initially on a short term loan deal from AFC Bournemouth. 0

14,572 on 10:57 - Oct 5 with 3558 viewsEagleEye

Big away followings up until yesterday has hidden the poor attendances until now. Midweek attendances & atmosphere are always down these days, such a difference to the Vetch days

A lot of people didn’t renew season tickets due to the dross served up by Martin for much of last season. It is no coincidence that the early bird offers ended when we were on that long run without a win last season. Hundreds didn’t renew because of that. Lots didn’t renew because of the ownership & transfer window fiasco last January. Add the abysmal start & the failure of Duff to win over many fans early in his tenure & we have what we have.
14,572 on 11:17 - Oct 5 with 3528 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 10:57 - Oct 5 by EagleEye

Big away followings up until yesterday has hidden the poor attendances until now. Midweek attendances & atmosphere are always down these days, such a difference to the Vetch days

A lot of people didn’t renew season tickets due to the dross served up by Martin for much of last season. It is no coincidence that the early bird offers ended when we were on that long run without a win last season. Hundreds didn’t renew because of that. Lots didn’t renew because of the ownership & transfer window fiasco last January. Add the abysmal start & the failure of Duff to win over many fans early in his tenure & we have what we have.

Hence what I referred to as the Martin legacy,whic was basically a fan base ,bored,frustrated, and bshitted for two years . People had walked away as it’s no fun seeing a ball passed sideways and backwards .
Now ,Duff has stopped that carnage but not without those crying hoofball.

Duff has learned his best line up and amended his strategy accordingly. Had we done that last season,we d have made play offs

Anyway ,we’ll done Duffers but get fisting ,then they ll swallow it up

14,572 on 11:40 - Oct 5 with 3501 viewsbennytheblue

14,572 on 08:14 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Maybe they are right ?

Easy…..no need to bring us into it Kieth…..football is expensive these days. Personally I think midweek games are difficult to get to if you have kids to run about after school after work, can you be arsed to rush out again? Anyway, thanks for taking points off our promotion rivals it’s just what we needed…..

14,572 on 11:41 - Oct 5 with 3497 viewsbennytheblue

14,572 on 08:42 - Oct 5 by Johnw102

Draw Man U in the cup and all those life long Swansea fans will be on here moaning they couldn't get a ticket. Roll on Saturday off to The Theatre of Greens!

From what I recall seeing more Liverpool fans out west than any other club no? The disgusting infestation is everywhere in south and west wales
14,572 on 12:33 - Oct 5 with 3432 viewspencoedjack

I presume there are quite a few like me this season then?

1st year without a ST for donkeys years (I was driving back from Bristol Airport last night so couldn't have made it anyway).

This season will really be pick & choose my games when convenient to me (cant imagine that will include any mid week games) .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024