Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread 11:04 - Feb 27 with 11762 viewsModeratorC

Hopefully exhausted after their valiant attempts in midweek v Newcastle United in the FA Cup, losing in penalties. This Saturday we host Blackburn Rovers at the Swansea.Com.

Swansea City : Let’s get a goalscorer on and stop the messing about 1st Mar 2024 08:00
We can see the Swans starting as slight favourites tomorrow, which is surprising as Luke Williams in in his third month without a home league win. In fact his record is pretty poor since starting at the Swans. 0

Swansea City : Rushworth nonsense, don’t make it hard for yourself Luke 1st Mar 2024 17:11
Luke Williams reported some ‘happy’ news as the Swans prepare for the visit of Blackburn Rovers tomorrow afternoon at the Swansea.Com (KO 3pm) 0

The Swans do it again in a mirror image of last week 3rd Mar 2024 08:00
If you could have picked up last weeks away game at Sunderland and planted it at the Swansea.Com Stadium yesterday afternoon there would be little to say they were not the same game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:18 - Mar 2 with 1286 viewscockett_jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:08 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

Don't know why our manager is getting stick. On current form for last 10 games we are 13th in table. Over the last 6 games 11th.

Swansea way innit. Slate the manager and never question the players or ownership.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:43 - Mar 2 with 1131 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:08 - Mar 2 by felixstowe_jack

Don't know why our manager is getting stick. On current form for last 10 games we are 13th in table. Over the last 6 games 11th.

First, winning always brings pleasaue ,joy,pride or simple relief ,so quit the fan slagging now .
Why is Williams “ getting stick”
Here’s why.
This league is very competitive.
We saw Huddersfield earlier rip into Leeds whilst we simply allowed them free rein of our stadium to rip us to shreds in 20 mins .Game over. Fans don’t like being humiliated by Billy big Leeds fans lauding it on our own turf.
Then the Suffolk massive do virtually the same .

We go to Sunderland and play brilliant for 45 mins then sit back and Llow them a foothold in the game when we should have broken their ankles .
Exactly the same today against a team who had travelled 250 miles after. Midweek game against a se4ious PL outfit only to lose after 120 mins .
Tired,leggy ,despondent I read would how I read them to be coming to us . Sadly, like most rosy tints you fail to reach for higher and better things . Times like these sees the uberfan ripping into cretins like me who watch( every game) digitally .

Now,why was Allen taken off when he was playing just fine? To ease him back? In doing so ,he brings on Fulton and immediately we are under pressure and concede.
This happened at Sunderland .

Now by all means ,discuss but crap the likes of which I read about “ fans” does my head in.

Our manager …
Has treated the Uke exactly as Whittaker was treated by the former coach . He is not and can’t be as bad as Yates ,who again,brought comical shame to our shirt. Why ,is this happening. Has nobody the guts to ask Williams ?

On the plus side, Cabango and Wood previously slagged off were sound today and credi t to them for that. Some exclellent blocking and tackling and less faffing about .

Lowe ( amazingly slagged off by sone) is a real warrior and team man who came on and #owe£ us how much we have missed him.

We need Lukey to explain what is going on with the Uke

We need Yates out of the club at the first opportunity. The worst buy of recent times .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:47 - Mar 2 with 1107 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:43 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

First, winning always brings pleasaue ,joy,pride or simple relief ,so quit the fan slagging now .
Here’s why.
We saw Huddersfield earlier rip into Leeds whilst we simply allowed them free rein of our stadium to rip us to shreds in 20 mins .Game over. Fans don’t like being humiliated by Billy big Leeds fans lauding it on our own turf.

We go to Sunderland and play brilliant for 45 mins then sit back and Llow them a foothold in the game when we should have broken their ankles .
Exactly the same today against a team who had travelled 250 miles after. Midweek game against a se4ious PL outfit only to lose after 120 mins .
Tired,leggy ,despondent I read would how I read them to be coming to us . Sadly, like most rosy tints you fail to reach for higher and better things . Times like these sees the uberfan ripping into cretins like me who watch( every game) digitally .

Now,why was Allen taken off when he was playing just fine? To ease him back? In doing so ,he brings on Fulton and immediately we are under pressure and concede.

Now by all means ,discuss but crap the likes of which I read about “ fans” does my head in.

Our manager …
Has treated the Uke exactly as Whittaker was treated by the former coach . He is not and can’t be as bad as Yates ,who again,brought comical shame to our shirt. Why ,is this happening. Has nobody the guts to ask Williams ?

On the plus side, Cabango and Wood previously slagged off were sound today and credi t to them for that. Some exclellent blocking and tackling and less faffing about .

Lowe ( amazingly slagged off by sone) is a real warrior and team man who came on and #owe£ us how much we have missed him.

We need Yates out of the club at the first opportunity. The worst buy of recent times .

Not as bad as Fisher but that’s an academic argument😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:47 - Mar 2 with 1105 viewsRichardO

Starting with who he thinks is his best 11 but out of those 11 if you have to accept that if both the wingers play 60 to 65 minutes then we have a least 5 players who you would think would need to be substituted for various reasons, Naughton, Paterson and Allen mainly for age and injury concerns, which leave us very short of other options.Get ahead and then grind out the victory job done the last two games.
As for the second half they changed thing but we dropped deeper in the middle of the park as we got use to doing under Cooper and yet Yates was given a golden opportunity by Cullen to increase or keep the deficit can't remember which stage of the game it was but I sure it would have killed the game off, Lowe coming on looked very tentative and not very sharp when he came as well. Too early for him to return?
Edit because hadn't finished my post because after game tak away got in the way.
[Post edited 2 Mar 19:40]
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:48 - Mar 2 with 1103 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:43 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Here’s why.

Our manager …

Nice to see another positive post after a very good win.🙄🙄
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:48 - Mar 2 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:47 - Mar 2 by union_jack

Not as bad as Fisher but that’s an academic argument😉

Didn’t realise my post was then long
I’ve worn out my fingers doing that
Enjoy the evening Union
We re going to have some fun later

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:48 - Mar 2 with 1099 viewsSullutaCreturned

If only a 46 game season was decided on just thse games eh.

I don't get yates coming on and Fulton for Allen just saw the same problems emerge that we saw against Sunderland, and previous to that too.

Our defence isn't very good but Williams previous record shows attacking flair but with a leaky defence. Looks very mich to be an ongoing pattern.

Allen really does make a difference, far from being past it he brings stability, he reads the game so well and we need to keep him fit. Better to have Joe for an hour every game than not at all.

Cullen ran his socks off but didn't really do much. Tymon keeps improving and Naughton look revitalised but still we look dodgy under free kicks and corners.

Ronald and Placheta are the edge we needed but again today they were great first half but faded badly in the second, because Plach wasn't playing first team and the Poruguese league isn't as hurly burly, maybe they need to build up some stamina?

Rushworth was his usual self today, reliable, safe hands.

Yates and Fulton, we really need to replace them. I like Fulton but he doesn't fit anymore and yates, hs confidence looks totally shot, he's a shadow of the player he was even after a few eeks here. For me they bth need a fresh start.

First half 8.5/10 second 6/10 and thats being a tad generous.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 1072 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:48 - Mar 2 by SullutaCreturned

I don't get yates coming on and Fulton for Allen just saw the same problems emerge that we saw against Sunderland, and previous to that too.

Our defence isn't very good but Williams previous record shows attacking flair but with a leaky defence. Looks very mich to be an ongoing pattern.

Allen really does make a difference, far from being past it he brings stability, he reads the game so well and we need to keep him fit. Better to have Joe for an hour every game than not at all.

Cullen ran his socks off but didn't really do much. Tymon keeps improving and Naughton look revitalised but still we look dodgy under free kicks and corners.

Ronald and Placheta are the edge we needed but again today they were great first half but faded badly in the second, because Plach wasn't playing first team and the Poruguese league isn't as hurly burly, maybe they need to build up some stamina?

Yates and Fulton, we really need to replace them. I like Fulton but he doesn't fit anymore and yates, hs confidence looks totally shot, he's a shadow of the player he was even after a few eeks here. For me they bth need a fresh start.

Today,within 5 mins,Yates could have lost us the game
Bottled a straightforward shot at goal from seven yards then runs back and gives away a dumb free kick in a dangerous position just when we are under the cosh
Not only does he lack skill but courage and basic football common sense.
An utter clown
A killing joke

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:00 - Mar 2 with 1013 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 17:48 - Mar 2 by SullutaCreturned

A fair summation.

Was a bit of a carbon copy of last week. Fantastic out of the blocks, but substitutions made in the second half reek of the pre-arrangement we saw so much of under Martin than changes that might have actually wrested control of the game back. Allen was not struggling to keep up with the game, so he should have stayed on. Maybe Lowe for Ronny or Placheta later on.

I will say that a team with quicker forwards than Blackburn may well have scored more than one. Williams is still persisting with the high line and quality teams will cut through us at will if we don't adjust.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 995 viewsshingle

Couple of wins but still only have that 4 point cushion, but it is a 4 point cushion over more teams.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:08 - Mar 2 with 980 viewsonehunglow

Bottom line is we got three points
I said to long suffering Mrs OHl ,who was on the phone to her tedious sister,that the bottom teams won but she said that had we not ,we d be more adrift.
Sensible girl,just a shame she ain’t a Jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:13 - Mar 2 with 972 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 14:09 - Mar 2 by JumpingJackFlash

I see the ex Swans are coming to Leeds rescue.

At least the vast amount of money that has been brought in by the sale of so many players has been ploughed back into the club.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:17 - Mar 2 with 961 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 16:28 - Mar 2 by Treforys_Jack

Stupid substitutions

This, he took our pace off and we didn't have no out ball, crazy decision, we were awful second half, it has to be said.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:20 - Mar 2 with 951 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:17 - Mar 2 by max936

This, he took our pace off and we didn't have no out ball, crazy decision, we were awful second half, it has to be said.

Yet,some question why we “ slag off” even when we win.
Is it worth explaining it to them.
Blackburn had a truly hard midweek game,a long journey too yet they looked fitter and stronger second half.
Meanwhile !our coach brings Jerry on and we are not allowed to wonder why?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:21 - Mar 2 with 951 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:08 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Bottom line is we got three points
I said to long suffering Mrs OHl ,who was on the phone to her tedious sister,that the bottom teams won but she said that had we not ,we d be more adrift.
Sensible girl,just a shame she ain’t a Jack

If she was you'd still be living in Swansea enjoying life, which wouldn't be fair on the rest of us

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:25 - Mar 2 with 930 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:21 - Mar 2 by max936

If she was you'd still be living in Swansea enjoying life, which wouldn't be fair on the rest of us

lol.
Ya bugger.
My first wife hated Swansea . The again,I began to hate her .

Like I say,you’re always welcome here .

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 897 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:20 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Yet,some question why we “ slag off” even when we win.
Is it worth explaining it to them.
Blackburn had a truly hard midweek game,a long journey too yet they looked fitter and stronger second half.
Meanwhile !our coach brings Jerry on and we are not allowed to wonder why?

He missed a really good opportunity to put us 3-0 up or 3-1 can't remember now and then makes a stupid lazy and pathetic challenge, giving them a free kick in a decent position, with a big lump like Gallagher right there in the mix, we got away with it, but no thanks to Yates.

Hopefully he'll improve over the summer, but then again.....

My preferred option would be to see him gone!

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 876 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 by max936

He missed a really good opportunity to put us 3-0 up or 3-1 can't remember now and then makes a stupid lazy and pathetic challenge, giving them a free kick in a decent position, with a big lump like Gallagher right there in the mix, we got away with it, but no thanks to Yates.

Hopefully he'll improve over the summer, but then again.....

My preferred option would be to see him gone!

Can’t see him improving mate
He’s had enough chances
It’s why the Uke should feel really upset and @ngry

I’m amazed fans don’t give HIM the suppo4tbhe warrants

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:38 - Mar 2 with 845 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:34 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

He’s had enough chances

The problem is that none of us know what he’s really like. A great goal at Millwall I agree but his training ground performance may be eclipsed by Yates and LW thinks it’s only a matter of time before he clicks.

That or he’s flogging a dead horse!

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:41 - Mar 2 with 834 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:38 - Mar 2 by union_jack

The problem is that none of us know what he’s really like. A great goal at Millwall I agree but his training ground performance may be eclipsed by Yates and LW thinks it’s only a matter of time before he clicks.

That or he’s flogging a dead horse!

It’s surely about what happens in games not training time
We need a physical CF and he is sizeable and as such should be tried .
Yates offers no skil,speed,efficiency nor simple courage .

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:42 - Mar 2 with 830 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:41 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

It’s surely about what happens in games not training time
We need a physical CF and he is sizeable and as such should be tried .
Yates offers no skil,speed,efficiency nor simple courage .

No argument from me.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:45 - Mar 2 with 811 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:07 - Mar 2 by shingle

Couple of wins but still only have that 4 point cushion, but it is a 4 point cushion over more teams.

And that 4 point cushion could very easily have been 0 if we’d conceded against Sunderland or Blackburn instead of hanging on for the win by the skin of our teeth. Two very good first halves of football which show what we are capable of, but Williams needs to work on his second half tactics and think hard about Fulton and Yates.

What a difference our wingers make. And thank God we have made up for Martin’s catastrophic error in getting rid of them.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:49 - Mar 2 with 805 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:45 - Mar 2 by cadleigh

And that 4 point cushion could very easily have been 0 if we’d conceded against Sunderland or Blackburn instead of hanging on for the win by the skin of our teeth. Two very good first halves of football which show what we are capable of, but Williams needs to work on his second half tactics and think hard about Fulton and Yates.

What a difference our wingers make. And thank God we have made up for Martin’s catastrophic error in getting rid of them.

Martin.
Don’t start me off ,mun

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:50 - Mar 2 with 805 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:34 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

He’s had enough chances

Don't know what's going on with Mykola, a good friend of mine tells me that he's nowhere near ready, to raw at moment, there maybe others issues, but I really don't know.

Two successive managers haven't picked him though so they can't all be wrong, surely?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 with 791 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : March day thread on 18:50 - Mar 2 by max936

Don't know what's going on with Mykola, a good friend of mine tells me that he's nowhere near ready, to raw at moment, there maybe others issues, but I really don't know.

Two successive managers haven't picked him though so they can't all be wrong, surely?

Martin, Duff ,they could .
Nobody is going to convince me Martin was @ good judge of a player .
God knows,look at what he brought in
He has had no chance whatsoever whilst Yates makes centr forward play look painful. And it is to watch his grotesque displays on utter incompetence .
Tiday ,he could have actually single handed lay lost us the game even though he played ,what 30 mins. It is damaging to play him .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024