Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave's Wrestling Thread 16:56 - Jul 30 with 204270 viewsTheFranchise

Shame the old one is gone as it documents the rise of Daniel Bryan so well.

Anyway, I enjoyed raw.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:16 - Apr 3 with 3232 viewsshandyjack

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:27 - Apr 3 by TheFranchise

7.5 seems fair. I don't get the RR hate though anymore. He's doing some solid work, he's just not being booked too well. The modern fan generally dislikes the "chosen one" stuff. They know he's been handpicked and it's tough for him to shake it off.

AJ Vs Shane was a good solid opener. Shane doesn't need carrying, he's always given us entertaining matches. AJ needs a top story now, maybe as a face against Orton.

KO Vs Y2J. Two of the company's top workers, not much more needs to be said.

Raw Women's title 4 way. I did enjoy this. Nia is new and looks to be WWE's Awesome Kong. The other 3 keep raising the bar.

RAW Tag titles. The Hardy's and ladders. Show stealer full of spots.

I skimmed through the Cena nonsense.

HHH Vs Rollins. HHH is the master of the slower paced, methodical story telling match. It would have been a classic if Rollins hadn't screwed himself with crossfit.

Orton Vs Bray Wyatt. This was a disappointment. Crowd wasn't sure and neither was I. I expected so much more.

Brock Vs Goldberg. Poor Brock, Goldberg can't work and never could. He's had his little return, now f'k off.

SD Women's match. If you say you didn't take a leak in this match, you're lying. Massive difference to the RAW match.

And now the main event............. Taker Vs RR.

Really tough to see what Reigns gets from this match. Taker looked done long before he got to the bottom of the ramp. It's really tough to buy into the match then. Needing a millions spears to beat Taker didn't make Taker look strong, it made Reigns look weak.

Reigns is now the top full time merchandise seller in the company. He's not going to turn ever.

A very solid Mania. It just seemed like they put some people in there just to get a pay day.

AJ/SHANE - 8/10 - Shane still got it, AJ best worker in the company
KO/Y2J - 9/10 Great match
RAW WOMENS - 7.5/10 Nia Solid, Bayley should have won first belt here
Raw Tag - 9/10 - Hardys, Cesaro/Sheamus fued from here pretty please
CENA/MIZ - 6/10 - 2/10 AFTERWARDS Maryse is so hot, Miz is great heel. Ending was ridiculous
HHH/SETH - 7.5/10 Shame for the injury, HHH always performs
ORTON/WYATT - 5/10 Snooze fest, what was with all the ring pictures,made no sense
BROCK/GOLDBERG - 6/10 - Brock looked fat to me
RR/TAKER 6.5/10 Expecting RR to carry a fat taker was always going to be tough.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:58 - Apr 4 with 3173 viewsSwansea93

Any one watched Raw after Mania? Spotted someone in the crowd with a Swans top on.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 15:04 - Apr 5 with 3139 viewsJack_Kass

So many good debuts the last few days

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:04 - Apr 6 with 3095 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:58 - Apr 4 by Swansea93

Any one watched Raw after Mania? Spotted someone in the crowd with a Swans top on.

There was a lady two rows in front of us at Wrestlemania with a Jack Army sign.

You probably saw Swanskid95. He was wearing his Swansea top at Raw.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 11:18 - Aug 8 with 2899 viewsTheFranchise

The fatal 4 way at summerslam is actually looking good.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:32 - Mar 22 with 2635 viewsTheFranchise

With the return of Daniel Bryan and wrestlemania nearly on us, this thread deserves a bump.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:50 - Mar 22 with 2621 viewsJack_Kass

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:32 - Mar 22 by TheFranchise

With the return of Daniel Bryan and wrestlemania nearly on us, this thread deserves a bump.

I've largely switched off from WWE in the last year and been watching a hell a lot more indie stuff, some incredible stuff out there.

Just talking about the UK alone, the scene is absolutely booming, the quality of talent and wrestling on show, at some of these events are incredible

Managed PROGRESS, Fight Club and Defiant in the last year, want to get to Riptide, ICW, Attack! and Dragon Pro this year (the last two both welsh promotions)

Getting a pint at the bar at one show when Jimmy Havoc rocks up next to me, ended up having a great chat with him over a beer, he then finished his pint and got back in the ring for his next match.

PS Pete Dunne is going to be one of the best in the world, mark my words, what a talent.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 23:36 - Mar 22 with 2605 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:50 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

I've largely switched off from WWE in the last year and been watching a hell a lot more indie stuff, some incredible stuff out there.

Just talking about the UK alone, the scene is absolutely booming, the quality of talent and wrestling on show, at some of these events are incredible

Managed PROGRESS, Fight Club and Defiant in the last year, want to get to Riptide, ICW, Attack! and Dragon Pro this year (the last two both welsh promotions)

Getting a pint at the bar at one show when Jimmy Havoc rocks up next to me, ended up having a great chat with him over a beer, he then finished his pint and got back in the ring for his next match.

PS Pete Dunne is going to be one of the best in the world, mark my words, what a talent.

Give some of the recent big NJPW shows a watch if you haven't already.

Login to get fewer ads

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 09:39 - Mar 23 with 2566 viewsJack_Kass

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 23:36 - Mar 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I get its appeal, but the Japanese stuff is not too my pallete

I loved Jericho v Omega, but most of the other stuff doesn't really do anything for me

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:49 - Jun 20 with 2361 viewsswanaway

RIP Vader, mine and my eldest boy loved his matches with Sting in the old WCW days. One of the best 'big men' ever in wrestling in my opinion.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:54 - Jun 20 with 2358 viewsirishswan546

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 23:36 - Mar 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

NJPW is awesome. The most recent ppv Dominion was stacked with brilliant matches and Omega vs Okada was the best match I've ever watched.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 20:10 - Jun 20 with 2336 viewsepaul

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:49 - Jun 20 by swanaway

RIP Vader, mine and my eldest boy loved his matches with Sting in the old WCW days. One of the best 'big men' ever in wrestling in my opinion.

RIP Leon, he was the best big of them all

"It's time, it's time it's Vader time"

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 14:17 - Jun 21 with 2282 viewscwm02

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:50 - Mar 22 by Jack_Kass

Same! My favorite match was Havoc vs. Ospreay No Disqualification for the PROGRESS World Title. I also loved the video package PROGRESS did of Jimmy Havoc:
(Agree with you on Pete Dunne)
BTW, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven won the NXT Tag Team Titles.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 14:18]
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 15:12 - Jun 21 with 2258 viewsWingstandwood

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 20:10 - Jun 20 by epaul

RIP Leon, he was the best big of them all

"It's time, it's time it's Vader time"

Approx the weight of two heavyweight boxers with the agility of a gymnast!

Argus!

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:03 - Jun 21 with 2245 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:54 - Jun 20 by irishswan546

NJPW is awesome. The most recent ppv Dominion was stacked with brilliant matches and Omega vs Okada was the best match I've ever watched.

You have excellent taste. WWE blocked ROH and NJPW from running MSG the night before the next Wrestlemania which is extremely disappointing.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 21:40 - Jun 23 with 2167 viewscwm02

These wrestlers are bloody tough. The amount of pain they have to go through to entertain us. This is why I massively respect them

[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 21:50]
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 14:39 - Jul 28 with 1999 viewsJack_Kass

WOS wrestling is on ITV at 5.30pm tonight.

Some fantastic talent on show, I hope it is a success.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:04 - Jul 28 with 1969 viewsirishswan546

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 14:39 - Jul 28 by Jack_Kass

Will give it a watch, think it's on at 5pm not 5.30pm or at least that's what their Twitter account says
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:07 - Jul 28 with 1965 viewsJack_Kass

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:04 - Jul 28 by irishswan546

Will give it a watch, think it's on at 5pm not 5.30pm or at least that's what their Twitter account says

Yes my mistake, you are right.

Look out for Will Ospreay if you have never had the fortune to see him.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:57 - Jul 28 with 1953 viewsirishswan546

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 16:07 - Jul 28 by Jack_Kass

Yes my mistake, you are right.

Look out for Will Ospreay if you have never had the fortune to see him.

Just didn't want ya missing first half hr😉.

Yeah seen many of his matches, massive NJPW fan as well as ROH.
Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:35 - Jul 28 with 1935 viewsHighjack

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 14:39 - Jul 28 by Jack_Kass

Looks like Bob Bradley has found a vocation he can excel in.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:41 - Jul 28 with 1932 viewsHighjack

Whoops spoke to soon. Bobs off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:59 - Jul 28 with 1926 viewsJack_Kass

Overall that was good

A bit of a sting to the eyes if you watch any kind of regular wrestling product on a regular basis, but that's their aim to a new audience I guess.

The in ring stuff was better than the camera cuts allowed it to be.

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 18:06 - Jul 28 with 1920 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 17:59 - Jul 28 by Jack_Kass

Overall that was good

A bit of a sting to the eyes if you watch any kind of regular wrestling product on a regular basis, but that's their aim to a new audience I guess.

The in ring stuff was better than the camera cuts allowed it to be.

I enjoyed it but agree about the editing. It didn’t help. Neither did the clearly non-wrestling audience being told when to cheer and boo. Reminded me of the old WCW Worldwide shows from the 90s at Disney studios.

Poll: Tory leader

Dave's Wrestling Thread on 22:14 - Jul 29 with 1850 viewsTheFranchise

Brian Christopher hung himself in jail. Loads of these attitude error wrestlers seem to have lots of demons.

So sad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024