Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal line technology. 11:41 - Aug 8 with 2285 viewsjudgejonevs

I had completely forgotten that this was being rolled out this season. Seven cameras on each goal installed in all Premier league grounds. To be used in fa cup games as well. Being used in the charity shield, England friendly against Scotland and then the start of the Premier league.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Goal line technology. on 13:09 - Aug 8 with 2209 viewsThe_Kev

How many bad goal line decisions are there usually in a season exactly? Surely they should be looking at some of the bigger problems like penalty decisions and diving for example.
Goal line technology. on 13:15 - Aug 8 with 2201 viewsAndy1300

Why they don't just use the 4th official as they do in rugby is beyond me...the time it takes to argue, we are able to see several replays.....not really slowing the game down

Number 1 team in Wales

Goal line technology. on 13:27 - Aug 8 with 2186 viewsTom1912

I think there's a legitimate argument to be made about going to a video ref slowing down the game.

Rugby officials are over-reliant on it, and end up sending the majority of tries that aren't clear-cut for review.

However, I think in this day and age it's absolutely madness not trialing at least some form of technology. I'd really like to see a system similar to tennis where each team would get 3 challenges and lose 1 per incorrect call.

Even then I can see how that would be difficult to implement. If someone goes down in the area and the referee waves play on, do you stop the game if the team want to challenge? What if the other team are on the counter attack? Lots of problems but FIFA's approach of "doing nothing" is absurd given it's the most popular sport in the world.
Goal line technology. on 14:10 - Aug 8 with 2151 views2face

Goal line technology. on 13:27 - Aug 8 by Tom1912

I think there's a legitimate argument to be made about going to a video ref slowing down the game.

Rugby officials are over-reliant on it, and end up sending the majority of tries that aren't clear-cut for review.

However, I think in this day and age it's absolutely madness not trialing at least some form of technology. I'd really like to see a system similar to tennis where each team would get 3 challenges and lose 1 per incorrect call.

Even then I can see how that would be difficult to implement. If someone goes down in the area and the referee waves play on, do you stop the game if the team want to challenge? What if the other team are on the counter attack? Lots of problems but FIFA's approach of "doing nothing" is absurd given it's the most popular sport in the world.

It is paramount that it is the football players on the field that determines the outcome of a game. Not the referee.

They could start slow by only using the 4th referee on one offense like penalty. And then add on keeping an eye on how it affects the continuity.
Goal line technology. on 14:32 - Aug 8 with 2143 viewsWatchman

Goal line technology. on 13:15 - Aug 8 by Andy1300

Why they don't just use the 4th official as they do in rugby is beyond me...the time it takes to argue, we are able to see several replays.....not really slowing the game down

The Ref will get a blip in his ear piece if the ball has crossed the line. The game will not be stopped to review.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Goal line technology. on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 2136 viewsAndy1300

Goal line technology. on 14:32 - Aug 8 by Watchman

The Ref will get a blip in his ear piece if the ball has crossed the line. The game will not be stopped to review.

My point was that the time it takes the players to surround the ref, sky have probably shown replays from 3 angles, 4th official lets ref know....job done

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024