Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homebased players 12:41 - Sep 4 with 4032 viewsderijack

With all the noises coming out from past players and the media about the state of English football and the lack of English players bought/sold in the transfer market, I was thinking what our solely British XI would look like.

Cornell
Richards Monk Williams Davies
Dyer Shelvey Britton Taylor
Routledge
Donnelly

I don't think we would do too badly with that considering the other teams would somehow have to field the same all British team.

Homebased players on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 3986 viewstreboethjack

that's an interesting though to be fair, I think that 11 could compete in this league when considering what sides other teams would have to field!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Homebased players on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 3964 viewsyescomeon

Put like that we're not doing to badly. Still need to get a few more lads coming up through youth, the new facilities will hopefully help us out in this respect.

Upthecity!

Homebased players on 13:48 - Sep 4 with 3866 viewsLaudrup

With the same 11 players I think I would try this formation instead:

Cornell
Taylor Monk Williams Davies
Richards Britton
Dyer Shelvey Routledge
Donnelly

Richards was midfielder who has been converted into a full-back, so I think he could do a job in midfield again. Last season he was also used as right wing in a couple of games and did fine there.

And Taylor has played as right back before.

There's also players like Oliver Davies, Bartley, Tate, Meade, Obeng, Tancock, Alfei, Lucas, Lita, etc. to make up a full squad.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 13:59]

I hate signatures

Homebased players on 14:23 - Sep 4 with 3803 viewsWhiterockin

This is a complicated subject. I believe there are Foreign, home grow (that includes anyone that has come though an academy in this country eg. Fabio Man Utd.) and under 21s who could be 21 now but born in 1992. I stand to be corrected but pick the bones out of that.
Homebased players on 14:58 - Sep 4 with 3740 viewsyescomeon

Homebased players on 14:23 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

This is a complicated subject. I believe there are Foreign, home grow (that includes anyone that has come though an academy in this country eg. Fabio Man Utd.) and under 21s who could be 21 now but born in 1992. I stand to be corrected but pick the bones out of that.

Quite right, the two lads we signed, Zabret and a Greek lad. They would count as Home grown should they remain with us for 3 years. I would rather us bring Welsh lads through, as I imagine everybody would, but if the Welsh talent isn't there...

Upthecity!

Homebased players on 16:15 - Sep 4 with 3649 viewsTheFranchise

It's the English international playing style that prevents them from winning anything. High tempo, kick and rush football is great in qualifiers but when they get to hotter climates against teams well versed in penetrative possession football, they get slaughtered.
Homebased players on 17:17 - Sep 4 with 3567 viewsLaudrup

Homebased players on 14:23 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Kenji Gorré is a foreign homegrown player. Homegrown by Manchester United but Dutch.

I hate signatures

Homebased players on 17:20 - Sep 4 with 3560 viewsDewi1jack

Homebased players on 16:15 - Sep 4 by TheFranchise

It's the English international playing style that prevents them from winning anything. High tempo, kick and rush football is great in qualifiers but when they get to hotter climates against teams well versed in penetrative possession football, they get slaughtered.

This.

Many other successful countries leave their kids develop together, from the U17's through to the U21's. They play in tournaments together, develop the understanding together and spend time getting to know each other.
Not bring them into the full team set up at 19 or 20, then discard them or send them back to the youth teams.
Other countries look at all their available players, not just the ones who pay at the top 7 clubs.
Other successful countries appoint good managers and coaches.
Other successful countries don't play football in the clouds.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Homebased players on 18:06 - Sep 4 with 3513 viewslonglostjack

Homebased players on 17:20 - Sep 4 by Dewi1jack

This.

Many other successful countries leave their kids develop together, from the U17's through to the U21's. They play in tournaments together, develop the understanding together and spend time getting to know each other.
Not bring them into the full team set up at 19 or 20, then discard them or send them back to the youth teams.
Other countries look at all their available players, not just the ones who pay at the top 7 clubs.
Other successful countries appoint good managers and coaches.
Other successful countries don't play football in the clouds.

Other countries don't have Chris Coleman - Wales' very own Garth Crooks

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Homebased players on 23:24 - Sep 4 with 3355 viewsBelfast

So this thread is relating to a press conference by greg dyke who who complained about the lack of help his miserable national team get from the premier league ?

The premier league the bald tw at helped set up at its conception, and he earned three million pounds from, but now because they don't pay his wages are answerable to his moaning ?

Fu ck him, the mans a pure cu nt.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Homebased players on 00:06 - Sep 5 with 3329 viewsJBT95

I think more should be done to limit players coming from abroad, it's sad that now in the top english sides there are only a few players from that country, and many have done it for years now noticeably Chelsea and Arsenal. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool's first team's are mostly foreigners now, on top of Chelsea and Arsenal. It's only really Man United out of the big clubs that have a real strong British core.

17 of the 25 man squad is the limit on foreign players, it should be the other way around with only 8 of them being non UK born players imo.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 0:13]
Homebased players on 00:14 - Sep 5 with 3312 viewsJBT95

Homebased players on 18:06 - Sep 4 by longlostjack

Other countries don't have Chris Coleman - Wales' very own Garth Crooks

WTF?! This topic has nothing to do with Chris Coleman at all.
Homebased players on 06:58 - Sep 5 with 3240 viewsMattG

Homebased players on 00:06 - Sep 5 by JBT95

I think more should be done to limit players coming from abroad, it's sad that now in the top english sides there are only a few players from that country, and many have done it for years now noticeably Chelsea and Arsenal. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool's first team's are mostly foreigners now, on top of Chelsea and Arsenal. It's only really Man United out of the big clubs that have a real strong British core.

17 of the 25 man squad is the limit on foreign players, it should be the other way around with only 8 of them being non UK born players imo.

I can understand the FA's preference for more English players in the PL but the problem with that is that it would inflate the already ridiculous prices being paid for decent British players even further.

Unsustainable.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 6:58]
Homebased players on 07:24 - Sep 5 with 3199 viewsPlasticman

Homebased players on 06:58 - Sep 5 by MattG

I can understand the FA's preference for more English players in the PL but the problem with that is that it would inflate the already ridiculous prices being paid for decent British players even further.

Unsustainable.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 6:58]

Not to mention it would lower the quality, and hence the appeal to foreigners, of the league.

With this in mind, I doubt there will be done anything that could endanger the money influx from television companies.

Plastic since 2012

Homebased players on 08:40 - Sep 5 with 3138 views2face

Homebased players on 00:06 - Sep 5 by JBT95

So you think it will improve the national team to have 340 players in an average league instead of 160 players in an exeptional league?
Homebased players on 13:01 - Sep 5 with 3037 viewsJBT95

People probably won't agree with me on this, but take Chico and Canas for example, even Rangel. Are we saying these players are outstanding? Don't great me wrong they do a great job for the Swans, but there are probably just as good british players playing in the Championship and lower, but nobody gives them a chance as the price is too high for british transfers, that needs to be looked at, some way of stopping them being ridiculously expensive.
Homebased players on 20:37 - Sep 5 with 2960 views2face

Homebased players on 13:01 - Sep 5 by JBT95

People probably won't agree with me on this, but take Chico and Canas for example, even Rangel. Are we saying these players are outstanding? Don't great me wrong they do a great job for the Swans, but there are probably just as good british players playing in the Championship and lower, but nobody gives them a chance as the price is too high for british transfers, that needs to be looked at, some way of stopping them being ridiculously expensive.

It's the homegrown rule that makes them expensive, is it not?
Homebased players on 02:12 - Sep 6 with 2890 viewsCatullus

Maybe England should appoint Rodgers or Laudrup. They'd stand more chance with them than any manager they've appointed in the last 30 years.
Or maybe they should copy the German system?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024