Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend 16:52 - Sep 20 with 15678 viewssotonswan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24104250

Premier League teams allowing their gay players to wear Rainbow laces this weekend are:-
Arsenal, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Manchester City, Norwich, Sunderland, West Ham, West Brom

Looks like ours aren't allowed. :(

Is there anything we can do we show our support?

I'll be dressed as Bungle Bear.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=28e_1351077259

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 16:59 - Sep 20 with 13018 viewsDarran

Allowing their gay players?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 17:07 - Sep 20 with 12988 viewslovejuicejack

Just take a wide one in the @ss to show your support
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 17:46 - Sep 20 with 12912 viewsJackinthebox

Oh dear, sotonswan, I don't think that went very well.
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 12830 viewsUSSwans

#1, this is great - the league should show people that they are accepted.

#2, you may not want to state that "teams are allowing their gay players to wear Rainbow laces;" it sort of distorts the point of the article, which is clearly noted in the title - "Players urged to wear rainbow laces for anti-homophobia launch."

#3, thank you for posting this. It was a good read and I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 19:28 - Sep 20 with 12758 viewsexiledclaseboy

The original post is a massive misrepresentation of what's actually planned for tomorrow. "Gay laces"? "Gay players"? Well, no.

And I've no idea why any club would not allow their players to take part in this if they wish to do so.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:09 - Sep 20 with 12680 viewsPureRockFury

Can shoelaces be homosexual?

This is the big question.

Even the bad times were good.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:12 - Sep 20 with 12670 viewsairedale

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:09 - Sep 20 by PureRockFury

Can shoelaces be homosexual?

This is the big question.

Ony if you put them in the wrong holes.

"There's only one place to put it" (actual quote by a primary school teacher in the pub one night).
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:13 - Sep 20 with 12661 viewsSwansNZ

Does the club have an official policy for the colour of laces then?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:18 - Sep 20 with 12646 viewsSwanfan1

We are a NO,

and you know why ?, sponsor issues, this is tasteless from Paddy Power very known for stupid promotions, and this is there scheme, I can understand why clubs are very angry with them,

they just delivered paddy power shoelaces to all the premier league clubs as a promotion hidden behind the stonewall campaign.
Everton accepted because they already have a deal with Paddy Power, if we had a deal with another betting firm they would be furious.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:28 - Sep 20 with 12624 viewsDarran

The slogan doesn't do anyone any favours either.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:36 - Sep 20 with 12599 viewsPureRockFury

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:28 - Sep 20 by Darran

The slogan doesn't do anyone any favours either.

Is that real?
f*cking ridiculous if it is.

Even the bad times were good.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:39 - Sep 20 with 12587 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:36 - Sep 20 by PureRockFury

Is that real?

Sadly it is. Kind of undermines the point of the campaign with such obvious "fnarr" marketing tactics. Idiots.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:41 - Sep 20 with 12570 viewsDarran

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:36 - Sep 20 by PureRockFury

Is that real?

Yep.

We love football but it needs a kick up the arse.

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/09/16/paddy-power-is-right-behind-gay-footballer

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend (n/t) on 21:53 - Sep 20 with 12450 viewsclement

Did you know 70% of the gay population were born that way?

The other 30% were sucked into it.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2013 21:55]

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 22:48 - Sep 20 with 12370 viewssotonswan

I would have liked to quote some peoples posts to reply to them, but I've no idea how to and the 'How do I...?' link does not address this either.

Anyway, thanks for digging and finding out that it's just a Paddypower hijack. The whole thing sounded like bad taste bollocks to me (and I'm gay btw) which is why I took the piss at the start.

"We love football but it needs a kick up the arse. "
This could only ever sound right if it was coming out of the mouth of Alan Partridge. Just cringeworthy. Really. Shakes head.

Looks like PaddyPower DO have form for offensive advertising at the expense of minorities.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/may/16/paddy-power-transgendered-ladies-ad

How did this ever slip through? Undermines the whole scheme.

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 22:51 - Sep 20 with 12354 viewsDarran

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 22:48 - Sep 20 by sotonswan

I would have liked to quote some peoples posts to reply to them, but I've no idea how to and the 'How do I...?' link does not address this either.

Anyway, thanks for digging and finding out that it's just a Paddypower hijack. The whole thing sounded like bad taste bollocks to me (and I'm gay btw) which is why I took the piss at the start.

This could only ever sound right if it was coming out of the mouth of Alan Partridge. Just cringeworthy. Really. Shakes head.

Looks like PaddyPower DO have form for offensive advertising at the expense of minorities.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/may/16/paddy-power-transgendered-ladies-ad

It's very sad my friend.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 07:35 - Sep 21 with 12216 viewsLord_Bony

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 22:48 - Sep 20 by sotonswan

Wow is that you in the avatar pic.?

If so I think I may be gay as well,
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 7:36]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 08:11 - Sep 21 with 12186 viewsdgt73

I don't support this gay lace day, fu*king ridiculous.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 11980 viewsSwanfan1

The feckers at Paddy Power did not even consult Premier League before starting the campaign.

'The underlying message behind this campaign is a good one, indeed we and our clubs have worked hard with government and other stakeholders to ensure the whole equalities agenda is something we are fully aware of and engaged in.

Premier League Full Statement

'The underlying message behind this campaign is a good one, indeed we and our clubs have worked hard with government and other stakeholders to ensure the whole equalities agenda is something we are fully aware of and engaged in.

'However, we were not consulted about this particular campaign. Had we been involved earlier in the process we could have worked with Stonewall to consider things like boot deals, the use of particular betting partners, and other issues.

'However, we were not consulted about this particular campaign. Had we been involved earlier in the process we could have worked with Stonewall to consider things like boot deals, the use of particular betting partners, and other issues.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 20:26 - Sep 21 with 11869 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

How much notice do you take of the colour of the players' laces when you're watching a match ? Um, not a lot, I'd say. Silly idea.
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 23:45 - Sep 21 with 11727 viewsjelly

I'm still in stitches about the OP saying that gay footballers are allowed to wear rainbow shoelaces.

Is there something we can add to the water around here? For sotonswan like. Not gay footballers.
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 09:47 - Sep 22 with 11619 viewsperchrockjack

sup[pose this thread shows the problems gay people have with those living out of the book of Leviticus

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 11:14 - Sep 22 with 11530 viewsDalePie

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 09:47 - Sep 22 by perchrockjack

sup[pose this thread shows the problems gay people have with those living out of the book of Leviticus

If your living your life by Levictus you have bigger problems than gay people Lmao! If you took the book as absolute gospel you would be doing a 10 stretch for some horrific crime by sundown! Didn't Levictus condone pedophilia or something similar?

As for the laces, nice idea in principle but done in a very cynical way by Paddy Power. It's a shame because anyone who has been down to watch Brighton play at home will know that while some of the gay chants are quite funny and just banter, some of them are downright abusive.

If we all went down to a Muslim football club and start shouting things you could bet your ass we would be thrown in jail, pronto!

That's the biggest problem imho. We care more about the views of foreigners and religious extremists than looking after our lads, whether they be gay or straight.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 11:20]
Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 12:14 - Sep 22 with 11453 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Muslim football club"?

What on earth are you blithering about? Are there christian football clubs then?

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend (n/t) on 12:16 - Sep 22 with 11442 viewsdgt73

Gay Laces at Crystal Palace this weekend on 12:14 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

"Muslim football club"?

What on earth are you blithering about? Are there christian football clubs then?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024