Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soton 18:25 - Oct 4 with 4543 viewshammy

Are they really that good ? I was getting a bit worried about our chances on Sunday and then took a look at their PL results this season:-

WBA (A) 0-1 (W)
Sunderland (H) 1-1 (D)
Norwich (A) 1-0 (L)
West Ham (H) 0-0 (D)
Liverpool (A) 0-1 (W)
C Palace (H) 2-0 (W)

Apart from Liverpool they haven't played any serious opposition and haven't done anything spectacular against them. I hope we are going there to take them on up front, which seems to be their weakest area as well. This is 3 points we can certainly take !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Soton on 18:50 - Oct 4 with 4488 viewssketty_jack

I was checking out their results the other day too, when i saw where they were in the league. Clearly, they've had an easier start than us in the fixtures and thats why they're up there atm. I can't see a lot between us and them and reckon it'll be a close game and we'll probably finish close in the league too.
Soton on 20:00 - Oct 4 with 4396 viewsJokeren1943

I saw them against Liverpool and they simply 100 % outplayed them.

They are an very good side.
Soton on 20:30 - Oct 4 with 4351 viewsLiam12345

when we played them home last year we seemed to struggle and whenever we play them there usually boring draws

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Soton on 20:36 - Oct 4 with 4335 viewsJokeren1943

Soton on 20:30 - Oct 4 by Liam12345

when we played them home last year we seemed to struggle and whenever we play them there usually boring draws

These days Soton is proberly the club in the entire Premier League who play a game most similar to Swansea.
Soton on 22:10 - Oct 4 with 4210 viewsmatt_the_jack

Soton on 20:36 - Oct 4 by Jokeren1943

These days Soton is proberly the club in the entire Premier League who play a game most similar to Swansea.

They have only scored one goal from open play this season though, so not similar to us in that way

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Soton on 08:32 - Oct 5 with 3999 viewsthedelldays

Good Luck on sunday. I will be there (saints end of course)

you will see that majority of saints fans have nothing but sheer respect for your club
good players, great style of football and a really excellent manager.
nice to see you doing well in Europe too.

lets hope your efforts thursday have had a negative impact for you this weekend ;-)

yes we have only scored one form open play, but we have had so many chances its unreal. both lambert and osvaldo have been so so close so many times and they both scored last weekend

our best player so far? Dejan Lovren at CB. quite easily too good for a team in 6th. he is one of the main reasons we have only let in 2 goals all season. Incredible player. Saying that, he will no doubt have a stinker sunday. LOL

good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the 2 games against saints of course)
Soton on 10:16 - Oct 5 with 3893 viewshammy

Soton on 08:32 - Oct 5 by thedelldays

Good Luck on sunday. I will be there (saints end of course)

you will see that majority of saints fans have nothing but sheer respect for your club
good players, great style of football and a really excellent manager.
nice to see you doing well in Europe too.

lets hope your efforts thursday have had a negative impact for you this weekend ;-)

yes we have only scored one form open play, but we have had so many chances its unreal. both lambert and osvaldo have been so so close so many times and they both scored last weekend

our best player so far? Dejan Lovren at CB. quite easily too good for a team in 6th. he is one of the main reasons we have only let in 2 goals all season. Incredible player. Saying that, he will no doubt have a stinker sunday. LOL

good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the 2 games against saints of course)

Thanks for the feedback. I thought there must be a reason for the lack of goals being conceded. With AW out of the game then this might just tip things in your favour. Will be interesting to see how ML sets up for this game, as to whether he sees Soton as a top team or not ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Soton on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 3859 viewsLord_Bony

They made a good signing with Osvaldo as a striker.

Luke shaw will be out tomorrow
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 11:03]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Soton on 11:03 - Oct 5 with 3807 viewsthedelldays

would not bet on shaw being out tomorrow
Soton on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 3802 viewsSwanfan1

thanks for posting their recent results, talk about a very very soft start, but against Liverpool they looked very very good.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Soton on 11:44 - Oct 5 with 3763 viewsSkipTheJack

As a Swans fan living in Southampton I reckon that if we play as we did at West Brom, Palace and Valencia then we'll have a great chance. Southampton are a good side, but talk of the Champions League is ridiculous - West Ham and Sunderland have been abysmal away from home, and yet Saints couldn't beat either of them at St. Mary's.

We need Rangel back though.
Soton on 10:42 - Oct 6 with 3498 viewshammy

We could do with at least a point today, which would put us above Carediff and set us up nicely for our next 2 home games against Sunderland and West Ham. A win would take us up to 11th place, which would do very nicely at the moment ;)

We should be putting out our strongest possible team given that our next match is 13 days away ! Would like to see:-

Vorm
Angel, Chico, Amat (given that Ash is injured), Ben
Britton
Dyer, Shelvey, Routledge
Michu
Bony

Pozuelo to come on in the last 30 minutes to mix things up a bit as needed.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Soton on 13:01 - Oct 6 with 3412 viewsLord_Bony

Soton on 11:03 - Oct 5 by thedelldays

would not bet on shaw being out tomorrow

Ha ha

Just as I predicted,the bender is out!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024